VN HTML Ren'Py Completed Coming to Grips with Christine [Ep. 1-5] [Tora Productions]

4.20 star(s) 11 Votes

nuzev

Jan 28, 2019
Hello, can someone upload the new hardcore pictures Tlaero and Mortze sent to patrons?
Even a little preview would be great! Thanks!

Den187

Jun 27, 2017
I like this game, like other Tlaero and Mortze games. :) Beautiful Christine, good storyline, hot sex scenes ("cellphone video that Christine shot for Adrian before her business trip" is my favorite scene, this was great idea!).
But pity that game have only 5 episodes (I expected at least for 10) and got upset when Tlaero said that 5th episode will be the last one. I wish this game was longer...
Also hope that Keeley get her own game in future.

I'm glad they decided to return to their old development style "release a big completed game after a few months" in 2019. It's much more better to play in big game with completed storyline, because you remain immersed in this atmosphere until the end of game without breaks and waiting for next episode.

Reactions: Tom10

Sinphil

Nov 15, 2018
It's the most basic game ever made, there are 3 paths easily followed by picking all left, all middle or all right as has been said time and time again.

I can't say I mean no offense when I say this, obviously it's going to sound offensive but you need to be seriously dense to need a walkthrough for a game with 3 paths so basic and easy to follow I could train one of my cats to do it.
No need to be so damn rude considering there are 9 supposed endings and you listed 3 paths, there are also scenes dependent on achievements rather than path choice in a game. So guess what a walkthrough certainly does have merit to show what order to do achievements to get full scenes on particular paths and how to get all 9 endings which your system fails totally to do. The fact you went ahead demeaning someone in full awareness of what you doing was pathetic and made worse because you so bloody wrong.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
No need to be so damn rude considering there are 9 supposed endings and you listed 3 paths, there are also scenes dependent on achievements rather than path choice in a game. So guess what a walkthrough certainly does have merit to show what order to do achievements to get full scenes on particular paths and how to get all 9 endings which your system fails totally to do. The fact you went ahead demeaning someone in full awareness of what you doing was pathetic and made worse because you so bloody wrong.

All achievements are found through the 3 paths. The "bad ends" don't unlock anything.

Also, applying "common" (term used loosely because it isn't all that common) sense would dictate that mixing up those paths would lead to those bad ends.

So, no, I wasn't wrong.

/bow

IceKream

May 27, 2018
First things first. MC can't really have a deep conversation with Christine when she's in the wrong or when he has a problem with something. What the fuck is that. I think that's the biggest problem with alot of guys, is that they don't know how to address shit. If the end result of a conversation is always ultimatums then that's not a healthy relationship. i turned down Sandy and told Christine we'd have a talk. Never had it. That concept bothers me personally and its my biggest criticism of the game.

Open relationships, unlike this game, are very complex. Feelings change on a dime and leads to an unstable relationship. At the end of the game you are given the option of commiting to Christine, adding her sister to your open relationship, or dating her sister instead. No middle ground or grey area. It's confusing because the story tries to be deeper than that. The MC has issues with how he's treated by his girlfriend in their open relationship and he wants to move in together which points to settling down.

I enjoyed the game, but honestly I feel that all 3 routes are kinda hollow. Maybe it is because Christine doesn't seem interested in the MC's life/background as much as he is in hers or that things just work out in the other endings. To me, "keeping up" with Christine seems like something that serves as a good intro to a relationship, not a basis for it.

I think I would have prefered to see more of an evolution of Christine, in which the MC can choose whether to convince her to slow down and transition in domestic life or continue the hedonistic lifestyle. Granted she goes from driving a ferrari to riding his whatever, but I felt that the whole meeting the family element and issues growing without having a father would have had a bigger impact on her character growth. Which outside of the neutral ending, she doesn't really show. Things like dreams, hopes, inspirations and goals don't really apply to Christine and it shows when moving in together seems like a bigger deal to you than her (as long as it's her place, which came off as petty when you live like next door.

Christine feels like the type of girl who messes around on her boyfriend after a big argument, which seems pretty easy if the MC treated her like she does him. She seems like a selfish and needy person- which I actually like because it makes her real, but I never got that moment where I felt like she CARED for the MC. Even when she consoles him, it seems like it's more for her than him. Also the way she was able to just break off a relationship between her and the MC for her sister left a bad taste in my mouth.

Laura by contrast felt hollow. As she's Christine's foil, and there's not much to Christine, she's not dynamic enough to be her own person. The conversations about respect were interesting, but it never felt like a deep conversation- just surface to medium level content. I felt she could have been made more sensitive and empathetic, but I guess its ok that the MC had more conversations with her than anyone else really. She felt half developed to me.

To be honest, I was more interested in Sandy, especially after I turned her down after she called Christine- she feels like she cares/values you more than Christine quite frankly. I wish her and the mom had bigger roles in the story, even if its just as friends. The story could have really used them.

Anyways the renders were fantastic and amazing. Christine's face was so expressive and her smile is heart melting, especially in episode 5.

I hate comparing games, but I felt Acting Lessons is just a better game. More endings, complete story, more romance, more impactful options, better cast, more drama, better music, more replayability and the MC had more impact on the story than just the ending. Acting Lessons plays like a interactive movie while Coming to Grips with Christine feels like a comic book with 3 endings.

What I like about both games is when side characters comment on your decisions. I felt that CtGwC should have had more of that- alongside more branches like the confess/evade shower scene or the bar/walk in the park. That being said, I'm not the biggest fan of preset variables forcing scenes. I think variables should just open up more branches instead of pigeonholing you into a scene- it limits interactivity.

Tl;DL: Beautiful game, lackluster characters, story didn't reach potential. Alpha/Beta conversation in game was surface level and never really dived in to the actual dynamics beyond respect. Power and control never really discussed, and Laura feels like "the other option." Side Characters don't really affect story. And yes, there is only 3 endings, when the bad/mild endings are just the result of the two other options on the last choice, which are not logical options.

Sinphil

Nov 15, 2018
All achievements are found through the 3 paths. The "bad ends" don't unlock anything.

Also, applying "common" (term used loosely because it isn't all that common) sense would dictate that mixing up those paths would lead to those bad ends.

So, no, I wasn't wrong.

/bow[/QUOTE

Really and what proportions do you mix those up in. Mix right amount of ethanol and coke you get drunk but you mix wrong proportions you get dead. Do you balance all 3 paths or does balancing two paths give mediocre end and two other paths the bad end? Does each choice have same weight when balancing or are there key choices that have much greater weight to shifting momentum? So maybe your right some people confuse assumptive with common sense.

ScottyLQ

Apr 28, 2017
Hm... I got the good Christine ending with the exact same pic as the achievement, but it didn't unlock the achievement.

Finally got the gist of it... Man, making you play the game whilst choosing all the options on all three positions is just boring... You end up just mad-clicking through everything.

ZagorTeNay

Jun 28, 2018
Sorry if been asked, but when/how do you meet Laura the second time ( in bookshop)?

I ended up with Christine/bad ending, even with choosing all left options, seems this is mandatory for it.
Otherwise, pretty much 100% agree with what IceKream said: renders are gorgeous, but game never really goes below the surface,jumping too fast, from one chapter to next. Tlaero/Mortze are very talented and know how to write good characters/dialogue, but I wish they would "update" this type of game.
Switch to Renpy, add some music to scenes, focus on making choices with fewer, more critical decisions, instead of collecting "character points".

Reactions: B-52reloaded

Tlaero

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2018
To get Laura, you need to make two of the fewer, more critical decisions that aren't about collecting "character points." While it sounds like I'm speaking ironically, this is actually the truth...

Tlaero

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Rastafoo

ZagorTeNay

Jun 28, 2018
To get Laura, you need to make two of the fewer, more critical decisions that aren't about collecting "character points." While it sounds like I'm speaking ironically, this is actually the truth...

Tlaero
Yeah, I missed the part with bathroom confession and bookstore visit.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Tlaero

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2018
The original Getting to Know Christine game was the first one I wrote where I tried to give the character some ... well, character. I've hopefully gotten better over next 6 or 7 games, but when I came back to this, I felt somewhat constrained by the original story. One of the many reasons I don't tend to do out and out sequels.

My main point for doing this, besides the fact that fans have been consistently asking for a sequel over the years, was to do something for the number of people who played the first game and said, "If a woman did that to me, I'd leave her for sure." I wanted to make a game that let them do that, while still allowing people who would enjoy a girlfriend like Christine to have their way.

I don't really intend for people to madly click through so they can get to the end. If you enjoy the story enough to want to see all of it, cool. I'm that way with Bioware games, and play them through at least twice, because I love the story and want to see it from all angles. I understand, though, that this is pretty crazy, and that most people aren't as ... story focused ... as I am.

If you just want to see the sex pictures, they're all in the "images" folder. You don't need to spend time on any of my words if you don't want to.

Tlaero

Petro28

Sep 11, 2017
The original Getting to Know Christine game was the first one I wrote where I tried to give the character some ... well, character. I've hopefully gotten better over next 6 or 7 games, but when I came back to this, I felt somewhat constrained by the original story. One of the many reasons I don't tend to do out and out sequels.

My main point for doing this, besides the fact that fans have been consistently asking for a sequel over the years, was to do something for the number of people who played the first game and said, "If a woman did that to me, I'd leave her for sure." I wanted to make a game that let them do that, while still allowing people who would enjoy a girlfriend like Christine to have their way.

I don't really intend for people to madly click through so they can get to the end. If you enjoy the story enough to want to see all of it, cool. I'm that way with Bioware games, and play them through at least twice, because I love the story and want to see it from all angles. I understand, though, that this is pretty crazy, and that most people aren't as ... story focused ... as I am.

If you just want to see the sex pictures, they're all in the "images" folder. You don't need to spend time on any of my words if you don't want to.

Tlaero
Your words are important and I never imagine myself skipping through.

Walg

Visual art is my magnet. Currently inactive
GFX Designer
Donor
Oct 5, 2018
Your words are important and I never imagine myself skipping through.
As true as this is for a number of Tora Production fans, everyone has a different reason to play VN's. Some stay for the story, others want a challenge before fapping and others have a CG fetish which are only some of the reasons.

For @Tlaero though, I completely get why it's so difficult to go back to an idea and try to expand on it. To some, it's just a continuation on one of the stories that they love but to the creator, it puts a little constriction at the starting point. I actually see it as a challenge to take an idea and to take it to another level every time and can definitely relate to that in a non-story manner.

@Tlaero, please continue to push your own boundaries but please don't ever lose your story-focused...focus :)

Jay.k

Dec 24, 2018
It will good if this game have sequel because I want to see MC ended up with Keeley, Helen or Sandy. Especially the ending that Keely suddenly suprise when he in their room.

Walg

Visual art is my magnet. Currently inactive
GFX Designer
Donor
Oct 5, 2018
It will good if this game have sequel because I want to see MC ended up with Keeley, Helen or Sandy. Especially the ending that Keely suddenly suprise when he in their room.
Is there any other game with Sandy?
@Makarov234, check the OP and you can play the original VN which has the original Sandy. If you're after this version of Sandy, this is the only game with this Sandy.

Right as you guys aren't up to date, here's something that I posted in the Darkness Falls thread that you might be interested in:

For those not up to date, there is a thread in General Discussions about Tlaero's announcement and another one about Mortze's future plans. His future plans are also laid out in the Introductions as well. Please note that this has been endorsed by Tlaero herself in a Patreon public post.

Lucifer

Aug 22, 2016
I was wondering if now that Tlaero retired we can still wait for a sequel from Mortze and Iksanabot or this is the end of the keleeyverse. Any ideas?

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017
I was wondering if now that Tlaero retired we can still wait for a sequel from Mortze and Iksanabot or this is the end of the keleeyverse. Any ideas?
All we know so far is that Mortze will start working on Pandora 2 concurrently with a new game with Iksanabot. I believe they mentioned that there would likely be additional games in the Elsaverse, at least more Darkness Falls. Unfortunately, I believe it unlikely we'll see another Keeley game since that was Tlaero before Mortze (except this game of course). Mortze has commented that he has reservations about using Tlaero's characters except in minor rolls.

4.20 star(s) 11 Votes