Deleted member 2282952

Developing I SCREAM
Game Developer
May 1, 2020
GAME UPDATE V0.1.1

1) Opacity Box Settings Added to Preferences
2) Nameable Protagonist Added [additional fixes are made and discovered by the players]
3) Minor Typos and Grammar Fixed.
4) Interface changes to match the newly defined protagonist name.
5) Epilepsy warning screen was added at the launch.

Note: there will be no further updates to the Demo version until the full Chapter 1 is released.

I have submitted a similar build to Steam (but without the external links because it is not allowed).

DOWNLOAD [Update - v0.1.1]
Win/Linux
: - -
Mac: - -

Thank you, everyone.

EDIT:
Thank you ryansFLYIN - for finding errors. THE LINKS HAVE BEEN UPDATED.

There should be no more prominent errors, and thanks, everyone, for your patience.

Last edited:

Look-see

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2018
You know, it's the sort of thing that you don't notice, but now that you pointed it out to me, it looks like the shaved places in the bottom are bolding a little bit. I think I need to readjust the morphs to make the hair in that area thicker - it's probably an issue with HD morph thinning them out too much.

And yes, I'm not removing white hair, all of my MCs will always have white or silver hair, otherwise, why am I even game-developing? xD I already had to remove incest to monetize the game on Steam, let me keep the white hair... Cruel world.

Gotcha, that part confused me. Still waiting on that cool game dev badge - being approved.
if you really wanted to add incest. just do the whole "type in your relationship" thing.

Ex. this is character x. she is your - Default: roomate, childhoodfriend.

and you are her Default: (same thing but we all know what we're gonna type)

pretty easy/common work around...if you decide on that.:WeSmart:

Last edited:

Raerngaming

Jun 14, 2018
It's your work, but just make a poll how people feel about sandboxes. Urgh...
I also hope there's careful approach regarding amount of paths. The more ambitious the project (like 20 LI and 3 or 4 different paths), the more chances project will be abandoned.
I love sandboxes games also the only real reason that most of the ambitious games gets abandoned is they do not understand that it will take a lot more work and time to do it.
I seen easier games get abandoned just because they do not get money with their demo. Creating a game is more then just making money. While it is nice to get money from your game the whole creating your own game should be at the top of t he list not just money.

Raerngaming

Jun 14, 2018
if you really wanted to add incest. just do the whole "type in your relationship" thing.

and you are her Default: (samething but we all what we're gonna type)

I have seen that work around a lot and yes I put in what I want even if they cry about it being incest and they did not plan on the game being that way lol.

Deleted member 2282952

Developing I SCREAM
Game Developer
May 1, 2020
Got my Gam Dev badge now.. hooray!

and you are her Default: (samething but we all what we're gonna type)

Good thing that this is the sort of thing that can be implemented last moment, I'll think about it.

I have seen that work around a lot and yes I put in what I want even if they cry about it being incest and they did not plan on the game being that way lol.
It's a bit of a grey area when it comes to moderation policies. If they see your intention is to add prohibited topics indirectly, but with an intention to do so - your game will be nuked from Patreon/Steam. I def remember couple examples from this forum in purge times, but can't remember names.

I love sandboxes games also the only real reason that most of the ambitious games gets abandoned is they do not understand that it will take a lot more work and time to do it.
I seen easier games get abandoned just because they do not get money with their demo. Creating a game is more then just making money. While it is nice to get money from your game the whole creating your own game should be at the top of t he list not just money.
I think they just add an interesting level of interactivity, and make it more of an interesting challenge to develop than making pure VN.

And yeah, I'll probably need a year to just recoup everything I spent xD But that's the game dev life.

Beyond the fact that a Dev likes to develop his own game, financial support is key both for the dev and for the development of the game.

90% of the games that end up abandoned are due to lack of support, the remaining 10% are for personal reasons that can happen to a Dev.

How do you gain sustainable support in these games? not even science knows, unless someone is willing to do some kind of exhaustive study on this phenomenon, you will never know... the side Positive for Devs: they don't need the support of 100% of the people, only with 5-10% supporting you already get a good financial incentive to develop your game in your free time.

The latter will be better than just being pessimistic, if you only sow pessimism, you will reap an abandoned label.

Anyway, if you want to support FunDi, it's as simple as adding your game to the steam wish list, or supporting it directly on patreon, I haven't done a study on it, but I can assure you that no one died to support with just 2-5 dollars a month to a Dev xD
Motivation, financial state, a lot of other things - there're a lot of things that can happen, a bit pointless to plan it.

But overall, if you are financially stable and like your idea and keep churning it out, getting support along the way - you will most likely experience mild to moderate success. Of course, if your game or skills don't suck.

Aaand, the best way to support the dev, except for the obvious Patreon backing, is to wishlist games on Steam, because Steam has algorithms in place that they will only start promoting your game in the upcoming once you reach magic 5k-7k wishlist numbers.

There're active users of Forums like F95, and then casual users that don't do targeted searches and mostly navigate what Steam presents them as a recommendation, which is my belief how a lot of wildly successful NSFW steam titles found their success - by navigating this system well (and having good games).

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: JohnF95zone

CamaroFan432

Mar 13, 2020
Got my Gam Dev badge now.. hooray!

Good thing that this is the sort of thing that can be implemented last moment, I'll think about it.

It's a bit of a grey area when it comes to moderation policies. If they see your intention is to add prohibited topics indirectly, but with an intention to do so - your game will be nuked from Patreon/Steam. I def remember couple examples from this forum in purge times, but can't remember names.

I think they just add an interesting level of interactivity, and make it more of an interesting challenge to develop than making pure VN.

And yeah, I'll probably need a year to just recoup everything I spent xD But that's the game dev life.

Motivation, financial state, a lot of other things - there're a lot of things that can happen, a bit pointless to plan it.

But overall, if you are financially stable and like your idea and keep churning it out, getting support along the way - you will most likely experience mild to moderate success. Of course, if your game or skills don't suck.

Aaand, the best way to support the dev, except for the obvious Patreon backing, is to wishlist games on Steam, because Steam has algorithms in place that they will only start promoting your game in the upcoming once you reach magic 5k-7k wishlist numbers.

There're active users of Forums like F95, and then casual users that don't do targeted searches and mostly navigate what Steam presents them as a recommendation, which is my belief how a lot of wildly successful NSFW steam titles found their success - by navigating this system well (and having good games).
Regarding Steam, in some countries NSFW title are completely unavailable on Steam. Germany is such a market. So, while Steam may be good for visibility, it also has some substantiel limitations. And that's just because Valve wants to avoid legal trouble in these countries.

Deleted member 2282952

Developing I SCREAM
Game Developer
May 1, 2020
The Steam page just got a brand-new look. Please check it out and wishlist if you haven't. It helps a lot!

main capsule.png
vertical capsule.png

Regarding Steam, in some countries NSFW title are completely unavailable on Steam. Germany is such a market. So, while Steam may be good for visibility, it also has some substantiel limitations. And that's just because Valve wants to avoid legal trouble in these countries.
NSFW games are only unavailable in Germany and Brazil. You kind of have to deal with it as a game dev, Steam is still number one for any game distribution.

Reactions: Fitshace

CamaroFan432

Mar 13, 2020
The Steam page just got a brand-new look. Please check it out and wishlist if you haven't. It helps a lot!

View attachment 2832571
View attachment 2832572

NSFW games are only unavailable in Germany and Brazil. You kind of have to deal with it as a game dev, Steam is still number one for any game distribution.
Agreed with the number one thingy. Just thought I point the situation out, because Germany and Brazil are still quite big markets, that get moderated for no real reason (at least Germany, don't know the situation for Brazil). For these it's better to have site like Patreon, Subscribestar or others and promote these. But you're already doing that.

Deleted member 2282952

Developing I SCREAM
Game Developer
May 1, 2020
Production Schedule Update: New Daily Game Structure - and monthly updates.

After going through the codebases and file structures of a lot of the games I consider the best, happy to announce that I locked down the production schedule, and the development will shift from a "chapter" to a "day" approach, which makes a lot more sense with the sandbox mechanic. Given the current production pace, 20-30 days irl time to develop one day seems appropriate given the content present in each one. Some of the content is lost if you don't pursue it immediately. Some can be caught up later in the form of a side quest, with different outcomes because they weren't completed immediately when requested.

High-level outline for Day 1 structure, which also incorporates some scenes from the Demo:

Day 1(1).jpg

High-level outline for Day 2:

Day 2.jpg

The game will be released on Steam as Early access after two conditions are fulfilled:
  1. At least 3/4 Days of content (depending on how long each day ends up being with additional side features)
  2. At least 5k Wishlists on Steam (to enter the Discovery Algorithms of Steam)
You can support me either by or throwing some muscle on .

For now, all my free time is spent on development, but hopefully, I can step away from the irl job and focus on this world a lot more.

Cheers!

And some peeks into the new intro sequence [versions are not final]:

07_Mafia_Camera.png 10_RebelsEnd_Camera.png 11_KiriJasmin_Camera.png

Deleted member 2282952

Developing I SCREAM
Game Developer
May 1, 2020
Big Progress on the Sandbox System - System, Designs, Icons & Code

sandbox-2.png

For Sandbox, I have been working hard to develop the overall system and design the movement & icons, and I am fairly satisfied with my decisions and how I want the system to work.

We have a HOME location where make decisions and spend action points. At your home, you can:
  • Live together with your harem (driven by the story or side quests)
  • Keep prisoners and interrogate them
  • Have phone calls with your interests / go on dates or invite them over if you reach a certain point
  • Go and explore the wider world
  • And much more in the future...
Below are some examples of how the sandbox at home connects with the Chimerapad interface:

Everything is being coded, and I have a very good idea how to get everything done, just need to focus on coding and bug testing. I've also been working on optimizing the overall code, which helps me a lot in navigating my structure.
Hope everyone likes the direction!

And as always, consider supporting on or . Thanks!

Deleted member 2282952

Developing I SCREAM
Game Developer
May 1, 2020

Sandbox System 100% Coded and Integrated!

Hey all!

Happy to announce that the 3-day coding sprint has been completed. I'm super excited with the results, which will allow you to connect with diverse characters in many ways outside the main story.

Now that the system is completed, I am fully focused on producing content for the main, side stories, and additional interactions.

Additionally, the Sandbox system was fully integrated with ChimeraPad and various variables dynamically, allowing me to add a lot of additional flavor to the story.

With this 3-day coding sprint is completed, it's been a very productive couple of days.

Hope everyone is excited. I sure am!

Now, back to making the content!

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: JohnF95zone

Deleted member 2282952

Developing I SCREAM
Game Developer
May 1, 2020
a demo with "pregnancy" at start of the game ay, :unsure:
The ramifications of it are significant in the world...

And keep in mind, that scene was only the start for the demo specifically, in the full Day 1 release it is only one of the pathways in the middle.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Ive-11

Deleted member 2282952

Developing I SCREAM
Game Developer
May 1, 2020
Aww man...
Looks interesting and all but the "Sandbox" tag is such a turn-off...
Oh well...
Well, as a game dev, you have to look for a balance between what you want to do and good products. Definitely wanted to do a sandbox system, but focused on character interactions, rather than some fetch quests or things like that.

If it helps, the game can be played without the side stuff, just making major decisions and moving along, but I personally got a little tired of pure VNs as a player.

Nov 10, 2017
Well, as a game dev, you have to look for a balance between what you want to do and good products. Definitely wanted to do a sandbox system, but focused on character interactions, rather than some fetch quests or things like that.

If it helps, the game can be played without the side stuff, just making major decisions and moving along, but I personally got a little tired of pure VNs as a player.
Yep, I also personally prefer sandbox. They just need to be developed and integrated wisely.

Faceless0ne

Sep 8, 2018
From my experience, Sandbox is used to...

1. Bloat the time spend with dumb stats/money/whatever grind and make it look bigger than it actually is.
2. To hide the fact that most Devs simply aren't good enough writer to connect the sex-scenes meaningful.

I'm not implying either point is you, simply why I stay the fuck away from Sandbox stories like it was an "ePiC eXcLuSivE".

3.50 star(s) 4 Votes