quiboune

Sep 2, 2018
Still, he dropped this and started another. Now he wants motivation from others. All I'm saying is that it seems like he's not passionate about either game. He needs to find his passion and what works for him.
I don't think it's a lack of passion but more of an overwhelming amount of things to do. If they're hiring someone to render I believe they're more passionate and confident about their writing, and fine with working on either game. It's a solid plan, but even if there's a change of plans down the line it would be easy to change games.

Reactions: Remplier

Dark Silence

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 17, 2021
I don't think it's a lack of passion but more of an overwhelming amount of things to do. If they're hiring someone to render I believe they're more passionate and confident about their writing, and fine with working on either game. It's a solid plan, but even if there's a change of plans down the line it would be easy to change games.
Then he shouldn't do a poll and just choose the game himself.

Deleted member 2282952

Developing I SCREAM
Game Developer
May 1, 2020
You should just develop whichever one you want. You dropped this one because of certain reasons. All you're going to do with a poll is end up being overwhelmed again and lose focus and burn out. So, you need to figure out what you'd rather do on your own and do it. Find your own passion.
Game development is rough.

But seeing everyone's comments helps me figure things out, likes/dislikes, preferences, etc. Though, negative things take a bit of a toll on your mind xD

Seeing comments like these is what helps a lot to learn.

They said that if the development of this one resumes a 3D artist will be hired to help.
An irl software dev buddy of mine agreed to help out - so at least I'll get some help to build out features.

Still, he dropped this and started another. Now he wants motivation from others. All I'm saying is that it seems like he's not passionate about either game. He needs to find his passion and what works for him.
Ouch. But I can see how it looks this way. Maybe we can call it a month hiatus xD

Yeah, let's do that.

Then he shouldn't do a poll and just choose the game himself.
The power of hivemind. After all, it's hard to judge what people like and dislike without showing stuff.

Anyways, still thinking it through, but I get that as a user it might get annoying.

Reactions: TheRipper_YBT16

Dark Silence

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 17, 2021
Game development is rough.

But seeing everyone's comments helps me figure things out, likes/dislikes, preferences, etc. Though, negative things take a bit of a toll on your mind xD

Seeing comments like these is what helps a lot to learn.
Ouch. But I can see how it looks this way. Maybe we can call it a month hiatus xD

Yeah, let's do that.
The power of hivemind. After all, it's hard to judge what people like and dislike without showing stuff.

Anyways, still thinking it through, but I get that as a user it might get annoying.
I'm not trying to bust your balls here. I just started playing the other game and I thought that would become a passion for you after how you fell into a bad set with this one. I personally don't care which one you work on. Both games are your babies and all I want is for you to decide which one works best for you in the long run so you can finish something that you can be proud of. I feel you can be successful if you can put all your passion into the game you decide to continue on.

Maybe one of them you feel more passionate about and if others tell you that you should do the one you're not so passionate about, that will leave you feeling trapped. If that makes sense. Anyway, just my 2cents. For what it's worth.

FoxLust

Aug 20, 2017
Probably not the best of place to ask but what is the music used in this game ? they are such beautiful music I need to know

Wolfeszorn

Jul 24, 2021
for anyone interested....

Dear Patrons,

Before diving into my message, I want to first express my gratitude for your support and let you know that subscription fees have already been refunded as a gesture of apology if you subscribed from the 10th of November (it takes 5 days to process). That date was decided since this is when I stopped pulling all-nighters to deliver the build. If you are unhappy - text me, and I will issue you the refund too. My commitment to fairness means I'm unpublishing this page, a process that requires a five-day wait. Only then will your subscriptions be cancelled (I will refund if anything comes in by accident).

Not running a rug-pulling business on people that trusted me - Patreon has honestly been THE BEST part of this journey - no one has threatened or trolled me at all lol.

Now, onto more pressing matters. This marks my final communication under the FunDi Games brand, and I’d like to share a few insights and learnings:

• My projects, I SCREAM and Chimera: Bloodlines, have been enlightening experiences.
I SCREAM, although not entirely aligning with the typical norms of the Adult industry, embodies the storytelling style I cherish. Despite mixed feedback, it's gratifying to see it turn out as I envisioned. I am also really happy that I SCREAM somehow won in my poll but... As I'm about to describe, there are bigger issues.

On the other hand, Chimera: Bloodlines, laden with unique features, proved too ambitious for a solo developer like myself. However, it was definitely epic.

The realization that neither game is financially sustainable brings me to the next decision point. I'm not a well-off person. Don't really have a family I can rely on, I live in an expensive city that is difficult to afford - but it has a lot of jobs so I can't move out. It's... not easy. Especially for how many hours I've put in. I know that game dev isn't about money, so I don't regret the crazy night hours - I definitely acquired cool skills.

• My interactions on Patreon have been overwhelmingly positive, and the Itch community, despite a few outliers, has been supportive.
However, my forum presence (the adult oness) has been challenging, with unexpected resistance and even threats for diversifying my game development. This has led to an untenable situation that demands a shift in direction. People get mad if I don't develop the first thing I published and they invested their time into (I get it), but it was my first time with both games, and I'm just learning... It doesn't help the financial viability aspect, at all.

• Given these experiences, I've decided to pivot. And also, erase any presence of FunDi Games (you can still play my games on Itch)
My new project will blend the best elements of Chimera and the appeal of an adult game, but it necessitates a fresh start under a new brand. This decision is bolstered by the addition of a co-founder and some initial funding (the details of which are a story for another time).

• Together with my new co-founder, we will launch a joint adult development studio, but it has to be disconnected from FunDi Games, for us to avoid the inevitable backlash. Therefore, everything related to FunDi Games will be gone, and we will relaunch all socials and Patreon under our new name.
As I transition away from FunDi Games and the Patreon platform, I do so with a mix of sadness and optimism. The last five months have been a journey of growth and learning, and although it's tough to leave this chapter behind, I am excited for what lies ahead.

I am deeply grateful for your support and hope my upcoming game will make a significant impact. This page will be inactive in five days, marking the end of an era and the beginning of something new.

Thank you for being part of this journey.

And... I am sorry.

Warmly, FunDi.

Dole

Well-Known Karen
Apr 28, 2017
Give it a difference between the version here 0.2 and the itch version 0.2.1 or not?

3.50 star(s) 4 Votes