Kitchentable

Aug 13, 2018
Sandbox debate over this here? Really?

Instead of presenting three clickable choices like "go or talk to A, B or C" on a background render, there is a render of a map and you click on a location and then the next scene at said location is played. That's basically the same, innit?

There is less free roam/sandbox/open world here than in the acclaimed and popular AVN about being a dick.

That said, interesting concept with the alignment system and the three factions.

Deleted member 2282952

Developing I SCREAM
Game Developer
May 1, 2020
Do any mods know if I can update the thread with the new build with a few fixes and requested features (character name + slider opacity) + update download links?

Ah, ya know how you said that the three letter word might be allergic in here? Well, you also mentioned another one. Sandbox. Don't take what I'm saying for granted, but please don't be surprised if people complain about this being a sandbox or straight up refuse to play it because of that. This dislike is usually either due to convoluted mechanics or some form of annoying grinding.
The Sandbox part is fine, I'm not interested in making a pure VN, there're plenty of those. Probably just need to communicate that Sandbox doesn't mean fetching / mini-games.

Deleted member 2282952

Developing I SCREAM
Game Developer
May 1, 2020
Sandbox debate over this here? Really?

Instead of presenting three clickable choices like "go or talk to A, B or C" on a background render, there is a render of a map and you click on a location and then the next scene at said location is played. That's basically the same, innit?

There is less free roam/sandbox/open world here than in the acclaimed and popular AVN about being a dick.

That said, interesting concept with the alignment system and the three factions.
Pretty much - but there will be additional interaction methods through the interface like calling characters for dates, visiting captured ones, visiting shadow palace, etc.

So Sandbox doesn't refer to fetch quests but to a movement and how you spend some limited free time.

Reactions: anonimo1

kimhuynjoong

Aug 8, 2022
I really like this game, hope the developer will continue to develop it, wish you always have a lot of health and luck

DarkDank

Oct 26, 2019
Can you do the mind control and raping?
Or are you just heroic and its villains who do both those things?
Love me a game where you can be a true bastard.

Deleted member 2282952

Developing I SCREAM
Game Developer
May 1, 2020
Alright, after getting your feedback, I have bug-tested the build, and introduced the Character Name and Text Box opacity features. The game has been sent for Steam review and, after approval, will be published on Steam as a Demo within a week.

I don't know if I'm allowed to edit upload links and add version 0.1.1 into the changelog - pls tell me if it's fine, and I'll upload the corrected demo build with the implemented features and couple fixes.

Cheers!

What is implemented is not sandbox, it is freeroam
Correct, limited freeroam is functional, and the sandbox is outlined through a couple of clickable items on the ChimeraPad, but those are not integrated yet (displays in development message). Both will be fully completed in the full chapter 1 version.

Also, make sure to check the credits ;)

Can you do the mind control and raping?
Or are you just heroic and its villains who do both those things?
Love me a game where you can be a true bastard.
In my mind: redemption - vanilla sex variations (but not necessarily), corruption (part of inquisition - take advantage of your authority) - leads to the 'bastard like' interactions, and anarchy (mafia) - where anything can happen, rather than a 'bastard' it's a lot more chaotic and random, which can be negative, positive, etc.

This game looks very interesting. Thank-you for sharing it here.
I really like this game, hope the developer will continue to develop it, wish you always have a lot of health and luck
Thanks a lot! Everything is going smoothly; working on the schedule for the full Chapter 1 version.

Look-see

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2018
Lol, about MC hair, one of the people on the forum pointed out that white hair is more difficult to self-insert than your typical black, but I'm not budging on this xD
it's not the first time i've played a character with white hair. theres another game where the characters hair color is white but the style is different. but somehow it works. mostly cause its a young man with an emo style (understandably) and somewhat darker. but yeah in that game it works.

not saying you should change it to that style since it wouldn't work on this MC since he's older. honestly the issue could be that his hair seems thin around his head while the top is wavy. and i dont mean his hair is short i actually mean thin. like he's bordering the line of balding. then again it could be the hair color simply makes his skin/scalp stick out more.

stupid thing to mention if im being honest and if you leave it as is i honestly wouldn't care. it just bugged me enough to say something but not enough to actually care if something changes.:LOL:

CamaroFan432

Mar 13, 2020
Alright, after getting your feedback, I have bug-tested the build, and introduced the Character Name and Text Box opacity features. The game has been sent for Steam review and, after approval, will be published on Steam as a Demo within a week.

I don't know if I'm allowed to edit upload links and add version 0.1.1 into the changelog - pls tell me if it's fine, and I'll upload the corrected demo build with the implemented features and couple fixes.

Cheers!

Correct, limited freeroam is functional, and the sandbox is outlined through a couple of clickable items on the ChimeraPad, but those are not integrated yet (displays in development message). Both will be fully completed in the full chapter 1 version.

Also, make sure to check the credits ;)

In my mind: redemption - vanilla sex variations (but not necessarily), corruption (part of inquisition - take advantage of your authority) - leads to the 'bastard like' interactions, and anarchy (mafia) - where anything can happen, rather than a 'bastard' it's a lot more chaotic and random, which can be negative, positive, etc.

Thanks a lot! Everything is going smoothly; working on the schedule for the full Chapter 1 version.
Regarding the updates, try to open a ticket. There you can ask, if you're allowed to update the links and if not, you can give the mods the link. You're also be able to ask them for the dev badge, with that you're a bit more visible with your posts. It will definitely help more in your own thread(s).

Deleted member 2282952

Developing I SCREAM
Game Developer
May 1, 2020
it's not the first time i've played a character with white hair.....
You know, it's the sort of thing that you don't notice, but now that you pointed it out to me, it looks like the shaved places in the bottom are bolding a little bit. I think I need to readjust the morphs to make the hair in that area thicker - it's probably an issue with HD morph thinning them out too much.

And yes, I'm not removing white hair, all of my MCs will always have white or silver hair, otherwise, why am I even game-developing? xD I already had to remove incest to monetize the game on Steam, let me keep the white hair... Cruel world.

Regarding the updates, try to open a ticket. There you can ask, if you're allowed to update the links and if not, you can give the mods the link. You're also be able to ask them for the dev badge, with that you're a bit more visible with your posts. It will definitely help more in your own thread(s).
Gotcha, that part confused me. Still waiting on that cool game dev badge - being approved.

Deleted member 2282952

Developing I SCREAM
Game Developer
May 1, 2020
Well, finally we have been able to have a taste of chimera... final opinion:

The scenes: it's how to drive a car and at times press the turbo xD... some scenes lacked some more rendering, such as the scene of jasmine or Lily's scene, in your game the most important scenes are the action and lewd ones, so they should have a little more content to make them last longer.

Choices: this will interest you... player perspective: we are already making important decisions like choosing a side or already knowing what archer should do without knowing anything, we must first know the world of chimera and build the mc before choosing sides or what what will we do, maybe you should also try to be more mysterious with the events that will occur in the future (moon for example tells us very quickly what she wants xD)

Conclusion: everything looks good, what you should adjust a bit are the important elections ( too soon) and add a little more renders in your important scenes so that everything doesn't go so fast xD.

Not much more to say, everything looks good, the demo has been great.:cool:
Missed that message when I was responding --

To clarify to everyone, the point of the demo was to excite with action-packed scenes, and a lot of the calmer "get to know characters" and "go chill" and "go explore" will be part of the full chapter 1 release. That one probably felt like a machine gun with pacing, which was the intention, since the core goal was for me to collect feedback - I feel like I get a vibe of what the F95 community prefers.

For choices and sides - relates to what I wrote above, things will be a lot more well-paced in the full release, you will actually get to know the world and everyone's motivations - which will allow you to make preferred choices - and those choices will have very unique corresponding paths to them.

The demo here while it has some alterations at how things play out - the BIG choices are coming in the full chapter (like how you see at the end of the demo where you decide where to go, and then the story plays out completely differently) - but a lot more.

___

I am finishing up the designs of 4 more characters - and I'll post them here once done xD That will conclude the development part, and I will shift to finalizing the story, branching, pacing, etc.

Exciting!

And thanks to all for the feedback, it helps a lot to get the vibe of this place.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: JohnF95zone

Deleted member 2282952

Developing I SCREAM
Game Developer
May 1, 2020
Designs for the remaining 4 main characters that will be important in Chapter 1, who you will get to know in different ways depending on your selected path.

New Characters.png

The first character is somewhat...disturbed, as you will discover from the narrative. Depending on your moral compass, this character could prove to be the most intriguing for some of you.

Our second character is Fiona. Those of you who had a go at the demo might already have some intuition about her identity—she is one of the rebel leaders.

The third character is a formidable Mafia Head. You won't want to cross her in your Anarchy playthrough; she could be your worst nightmare in all other routes. [personal favorite]

Lastly, the fourth character is the second among the three High Priestesses of the Inquisition. Notably, she is the only Chimera to have ascended to the priestess ranks. Her right eye betrays her true nature.

___

Characters are all done and can sail full-on ahead on the game paths and great sex scenes.

ryansFLYIN

Sep 19, 2022
Okay, this might be the first time I've ever asked for a lore dump. Who are the inquisition? Who are the rebels? What is the relationship between the humans and chimera? Why is there a war; what are they fighting over? I saw the lore tab - hoping these questions will be answered there (or elsewhere in the game).

I am very much intrigued, and the redemption/corruption/anarchy system seems like there will be quite some replayability (but replaying a sandbox is not my favorite). Feels like certain girls (if they are all LI's of some sort) will only be available within certain personality paths. Will it be more beneficial go full-on with a single trait? Or does a little dabbling in each pay off?

What is with the changing textbox colors? Sometimes black, sometimes pink. I thought maybe pink was the person's thoughts, but it was showing up during conversations as well.

Couple spots with the original name.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Nov 10, 2017
Designs for the remaining 4 main characters that will be important in Chapter 1, who you will get to know in different ways depending on your selected path.

View attachment 2830160

The first character is somewhat...disturbed, as you will discover from the narrative. Depending on your moral compass, this character could prove to be the most intriguing for some of you.

Our second character is Fiona. Those of you who had a go at the demo might already have some intuition about her identity—she is one of the rebel leaders.

The third character is a formidable Mafia Head. You won't want to cross her in your Anarchy playthrough; she could be your worst nightmare in all other routes. [personal favorite]

Lastly, the fourth character is the second among the three High Priestesses of the Inquisition. Notably, she is the only Chimera to have ascended to the priestess ranks. Her right eye betrays her true nature.

___

Characters are all done and can sail full-on ahead on the game paths and great sex scenes.
I'll look forward getting to know each one of them...I'm especially looking forward to getting to know the rebels and their wonderful leaders :devilish:.

Deleted member 2282952

Developing I SCREAM
Game Developer
May 1, 2020
Okay, this might be the first time I've ever asked for a lore dump. Who are the inquisition? Who are the rebels? What is the relationship between the humans and chimera? Why is there a war; what are they fighting over? I saw the lore tab - hoping these questions will be answered there (or elsewhere in the game).

I am very much intrigued, and the redemption/corruption/anarchy system seems like there will be quite some replayability (but replaying a sandbox is not my favorite). Feels like certain girls (if they are all LI's of some sort) will only be available within certain personality paths. Will it be more beneficial go full-on with a single trait? Or does a little dabbling in each pay off?

What is with the changing textbox colors? Sometimes black, sometimes pink. I thought maybe pink was the person's thoughts, but it was showing up during conversations as well.
The world and plot are already written - probably in way more detail than you think, there will be plenty of lore dumps, because I want the game to be Disco Elysium-esque while being adult.

Now that I have all characters locked down - I have already started introducing the scenes with a casual pace that provide deeper insights into the characters, motivations and the world.

Here is a sneak peek to what I'm working on as I'm responding [obviously a production preview screenshot] - in case someone is interested in behind the scenes:

Screenshot_1.png
Screenshot_2.png

Working on calmer exposition scenes for a well-rounded introduction that will give you all insights you need into the world before you are thrown in (like in the demo).

Couple spots with the original name.
Ahhhh, I know precisely why my replacer made a mistake, damn. Let's pretend some people nickname him Archer....

I will quickly replace the build (let's hope no one notices)

3.50 star(s) 4 Votes