Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
You might want to give a rethink to that banner (and first sig. pic).
Are you actually trying to cause epileptic fits?
Yeah, as someone with sensory issues (particularly motion-based ones), that banner is a nightmare. And it definitely looks like the kind of thing that could literally trigger seizures in some people. Having it in the dev's sig also makes it unbearable just to scroll through this thread, on top of not being able to use the site's Latest Updates page as long as this is there. This needs to be addressed ASAP.

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Mar 2, 2019
Yeah, as someone with sensory issues (particularly motion-based ones), that banner is a nightmare. And it definitely looks like the kind of thing that could literally trigger seizures in some people. Having it in the dev's sig also makes it unbearable just to scroll through this thread, on top of not being able to use the site's Latest Updates page as long as this is there. This needs to be addressed ASAP.
Please open a ticket, to talk with staff directly.

Edit: Informed staff.

Last edited:

Darklord_1965

May 12, 2020
It's your work, but just make a poll how people feel about sandboxes. Urgh...
I also hope there's careful approach regarding amount of paths. The more ambitious the project (like 20 LI and 3 or 4 different paths), the more chances project will be abandoned.
BTW, I love your list and your taste may differ from mine but IMO you cannot have a "SPOILER: Best and "Must Try" games without having Eternum in the list. My 2 cents ;) Cheers

Last edited:

Deleted member 2282952

Developing I SCREAM
Game Developer
May 1, 2020
Hey - this one is my bad, I've completely forgotten about that part. I killed off the signature and will make an 'easier on the eye' version.

For the banner itself, is it too much, or should also be less 'glitchy'?

Reactions: Forgotted

BaasB

Post Pro
Uploader
Respected User
Donor
Aug 5, 2018
View attachment 2823210

Overview:
You're Archer, a renowned Special Exterminator for the Inquisition. Your mission is to hunt Chimeras, supernatural humans born from forbidden unions between bloodlines. Ignite a revolution, uphold the inquisition's power, or succumb to your own primal desires. Pursue intimate connections, or wild sex.
Every move you make, every choice you embrace, shall carve the path that shapes the future of humans and chimeras. Prepare to embark on a treacherous journey, where inquisitors, rebels, criminals, and secret organizations clash in a war.
Trailer:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Thread Updated: 2023-08-03
Release Date: 2023-08-03
Developer: FunDi - - -
Version: 0.1 - Demo
Language: English
Store:
Genre:

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

Thank you so much for viewing and hopefully enjoying the game

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux: - - - -
Mac: - - - -

View attachment 2823454 View attachment 2823455 View attachment 2823456 View attachment 2823459 View attachment 2823460 View attachment 2823461 View attachment 2823463 View attachment 2823464 View attachment 2823465 View attachment 2823466 View attachment 2823470 View attachment 2823472 View attachment 2823475 View attachment 2823476 View attachment 2823477 View attachment 2823478 View attachment 2823481 View attachment 2823482
You're banner is annoying.......and will trigger epileptic seizures.

Deleted member 2282952

Developing I SCREAM
Game Developer
May 1, 2020
Addressing the epileptic concerns - this is being urgently redone right now.

Please open a ticket, to talk with staff directly.

Edit: Informed staff.
Any way for me to connect with staff and get their notes? I can jump into Premiere Pro and redo the banner right now.

You might want to give a rethink to that banner (and first sig. pic).
Are you actually trying to cause epileptic fits?
Being addressed right now.

You're banner is annoying.......and will trigger epileptic seizures.
I kind of went into the creative direction and completely didn't think about it - being redone right now.

Apologies for all issues it might've caused - about to be fixed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bob69

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Mar 2, 2019
Addressing the epileptic concerns - this is being urgently redone right now.

Any way for me to connect with staff and get their notes? I can jump into Premiere Pro and redo the banner right now.
We just changed it to your signature one for the time being. When redoing it, be a bit more care full. No need to contact staff.

Chimba

Mar 6, 2020
Your mission is to hunt Chimeras, supernatural humans born from forbidden unions between bloodlines.
687474703a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f6e7676684533392e676966.gif

So dev, taking into account the dev notes, can I assume that kinks/fetishes are going to be avoidable (they don't happen in the story according to player choice)?

Good luck.

Deleted member 2282952

Developing I SCREAM
Game Developer
May 1, 2020
The banner and the signature have been updated with the sensitivity-friendly versions.

We just changed it to your signature one for the time being. When redoing it, be a bit more care full.
Can someone help with updating the thumbnail of the game page? It's empty right now.

My apologies again for the release mess up. And now, to address other comments:

...thx for the share.....good luck....
That was clearly a good example of where I wish things went a bit slower to avoid the banner mess up... Thanks for the comment!

"You're Archer, a renowned Special Exterminator for the Inquisition. Your mission is to hunt Chimeras (with your dick)."

When asked to comment one particular 1000-yard stare chimera had this to say: "A broody white haired-dick-inquisitor sounds like a lovely afternoon in my book".
I swear, in my first draft, I wanted to write something along those lines, but then decided to keep it less memeable and more Steam friendly... When I started working on the adult game, no one told me a difficult truth - the bigger the dick, the harder the morphs to make it fit...

I also hope there's careful approach regarding amount of paths. The more ambitious the project (like 20 LI and 3 or 4 different paths), the more chances project will be abandoned.
I've always thought about Sandboxes as a tool to have more sense of a choice and ability to re-experience the story in different ways, because even if you replay the same scenes in different order, based on how you move, things automatically feel a little different. I wasn't very interested in making a pure VN, but I'm also not interested in making a bunch of empty mini-games, that people will simply be annoyed every time they encounter.

Sandbox, in this context, refers to more of a Milfy City or High Rise sort of movement, but with more meaningful outcomes, if that makes sense.

Still ironing that final bit out.

I am one who actually loves sandbox, though I also realize it's a minority position. But surely I am not alone in wishing the Farfisa keyboard sound had died in the 70's. That trailer needs some real music.
Talked about Sandboxing above, I think as a complementary thing, it's nice in the games, a little burnt out from pure VNs... Surprised to hear about the sound, tho :D

Am I the only one that sees the rape tag and automatically thinks the MC deserves to be NTR'd when that tag isn't present? Just a question. Also, doesn't chimera imply bestiality or are we going the route of chimerism when a mother randomly births a child they share no genetic material with? If so, weird flex haha
Typically, Chimera refers to the act of mixing different species, but in the context of the games, it refers to mixing the bloodlines.

Due to it being the demo, the actual dystopian setting and segregation aren't 100% obvious yet - because they are part of the sandbox mechanic. Not interested in any bestiality elements. If anyone is craving some, there's always Ravager...

looking good keeping an eye for this one :coffee: (y)
Please do!

Ah yes, I do love me an Inquisition :illuminati:.
In the full release - the level of their religiousness will be a lot more obvious, just didn't have the time to add enough humans to really show the contrast.

Don't know if the MC's name is important, but would be nice to be able to choose the name.
This is a super easy fix, which will take like an hour to fully implement. I just liked the name Archer and went with it, don't know how much players care about this.

The reason why it's easy is that you just run the whole code through GPT and change the variable to whatever input name, thanks AI!

Stopping here to start another message to respond to other comments, so that it doesn't become impossible to read xD

Last edited:

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Mar 2, 2019
The banner and the signature have been updated with the sensitivity-friendly versions.

Can someone help with updating the thumbnail of the game page? It's empty right now.
It's empty because the original one and 2nd banner were removed. LU updates every ~20min it will be updated automatically then.

E: And its already updated.

Deleted member 2282952

Developing I SCREAM
Game Developer
May 1, 2020
Sounds like my time spent working in Washington, DC. ;)

The game sounds and looks interesting.
Welcome, FunDi, and Thanks.

NEED OPACITY MOD. I tried two that I have, and they didn't work.
This game is inspired by the developer's experience interning in the United Nations before escaping the mundanity of the government work and do something actually fun like making games...

For Opacity Mod, I've been thinking about making one for the Demo release, but I really needed to catch up on sleep and some variables got messed up when I drafted it. Additionally, I have a system where I use two different styles of text boxes (thought and main) - which complicated it a bit more. Otherwise, those are just normal PNGs.

I can probably make one, would take 3-4 hours.

the path divergence sounds very ambitious.
This demo, in my mind, is pretty linear and doesn't yet have BIG choices that really show how everything diverges (strictly because I gave myself 2 months time to get something out for feedback).

The path divergence will be clearer and more exciting once I'm done with the features.

"Ignite a revolution, uphold the inquisition's power,"
...or succumb to your own primal desires. lol
I've spent a lot of time deciding how I want to phrase it... Another way was "or succumb to your own primal dick"

Great gifs lol

The path divergence becomes a lot more obvious once the demo is out. This demo is fairly linear, with some minor alterations given the choices more on a smaller scale.

I've set myself 3 chapters as the minimum (including publishing on Steam chapter by chapter and generating rev), and then I'll see if I can cut back on my real game dev job to dedicate more time, I've mostly been working evenings/nights/weekends - which I guess is pretty common.

Though, real people started to look like 1s and 0s to me.

Are the sex scene's animated or still photo's?
There is 1 animated sex scene at the start, the rest consist of still renders (the demo has a couple, the full Chapter 1 will have a lot more because there will be more paths available). In the full chapter version, every sex scene will have at least 1 animation - and the rest depends on dev speed.

BTW, I love your list and your taste may differ from mine but IMO you cannot have a "SPOILER: Best and "Must Try" games without having Eternum in the list. My 2 cents ;) Cheers
One of the people in my Game Dev Journal thread recommended this one to me recently, and I think it's a banger. Good, because I played too many games on this forum and had nothing left.

So dev, taking into account the dev notes, can I assume that kinks/fetishes are going to be avoidable (they don't happen in the story according to player choice)?

Good luck.
This world doesn't have that kind of Chimeras. That would be very sad...

Yes, all stuff is avoidable given the choices in this version and then given the paths you choose (aka Sandbox) in the full version.

incest pls
Nothing kills off an opportunity to make money from games more than incest. Seriously, even bestiality is more accepted to monetize games than incest lol. As a man of culture who played all top incest hits, that made me sad... Well, you win some, you lose some.

It's empty because the original one and 2nd banner were removed. LU updates every ~20min it will be updated automatically then.

E: And its already updated.
Understood, thanks, still figuring out the inner workings of F95

Color me intrigued.
looks gooood
Thanks for the share and best of luck to you FunDi. Will give your game a spin tonight. (y)
Cheers!

___
Phew, thanks, everyone, for the comments; everything helps, I'm more of a feedback-based developer, which makes things a lot faster to aggregate info (then feed it into pre-trained AI and return action points based on the overall patterns and consensus - but this more for tech nerds like me...)

EDIT: Grammar

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
The path divergence will be clearer and more exciting once I'm done with the features.
im refering to the workload you'll be loading on your back to make everything compelling, especialy if theyre really unique direction. theres more games than i care to remember that were less ambitious attempts at standing out and still got abandoned.

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
For Opacity Mod, I've been thinking about making one for the Demo release,
No worries. I might be a bit picky on that issue.

I'm more of a feedback-based developer, which makes things a lot faster to aggregate info (then feed it into pre-trained AI and return action points based on the overall patterns and consensus - but this is more for tech nerds like me...)
The big question is, who trained the AI? :ROFLMAO:
I'm really liking the game.

MrBenny

Jul 20, 2021
Hmm...so what are the results of collecting corruption points with this title? I have played many other titles that use corruption, that have had many varied path results. It would be ideal, to know this key information in advance of playing (before players get invested in their stories journey, to later find out corruption isn't for them.).

Also, consider one of the first thing MC is hit with...which can result with MC getting a huge amount of corruption points, due to some unknown girl MC just met. As it's definitely a huge path choice direction change…that left me feeling kind of blind of my choice results.

Deleted member 2282952

Developing I SCREAM
Game Developer
May 1, 2020
im refering to the workload you'll be loading on your back to make everything compelling, especialy if theyre really unique direction. theres more games than i care to remember that were less ambitious attempts at standing out and still got abandoned.
I think it might be more of a question of tradeoff of # of renders per scene vs # of path deviations.

If we speak math (get ready to be bored), there are, on average, about 2.4 lines of text per rendered image, whereas it's typical for visual novels to average between 3-5. The path deviation is a non-negotiable for me, because I want this to be the main exciting thing about the game, and to bring replayability (I would rather make a shorter replayable game than longer linear game).

And yeah, don't get me started ranting about abandoned games, but I also get the devs that abandon them (ONLY the ones that couldn't make any money from it - not talking about any rug pullers...). If I can support myself with making these games and they don't suck (let's be honest, it might) - I don't really see abandoning it, unless due to a severe burnout.

Reflection corner over...

No worries. I might be a bit picky on that issue.

The big question is, who trained the AI? :ROFLMAO:
I'm really liking the game.
The AI was trained by monkeys that stole all creativity and intelligence from other monkeys without compensating the monkeys that spent years training to become the best possible monkey of themselves. Now any superior monkey looks like an average monkey, and the has-been monkeys are mad their bananas were stolen without compensation.

I had some point but lost it somewhere in the middle of the message...

You can assume it will be present in the full release. I'll iron out the schedule to myself after taking a short break and letting this thread brew with more data to feed to my AI xD

Hmm...so what are the results of collecting corruption points with this title? I have played many other titles that use corruption that have had many varied path results. It would be ideal, to know this key information before playing (before players get invested in their stories journey, to later find out corruption isn't for them.).

Also, consider one of the first thing MC is hit with...which can result with MC getting a huge amount of corruption points, due to some unknown girl MC just met. As it's definitely a huge path choice direction change…that left me feeling kind of blind of my choice results.
This is a valid point to ask.

For the purpose of the demo - I made sure to build up the base system that tracks and assigns points to redemption/corruption/anarchy/alignment/other intra-game variables.

As of right now - there are minor outcomes within the dialogue, identified through the use of (- [VARIABLE]) at the end of some lines, if you noticed, highlighted in red.

Once the full version is out, those points will be deeply tied to Sandbox interaction and moving mechanics, allowing or disallowing you to pursue certain actions. This is a little bit represented by not being to access some choices in the Crypt when you create the mind palace.

Sooo, not fully noticeable yet, but very important to the gameplay once the divergent paths - which are the core selling point of the game imo - will be introduced.

Last edited:
3.50 star(s) 4 Votes