4.00 star(s) 163 Votes

Piggy69

Jan 4, 2019
latest Patreon post:

So, first of all, I want to inform you before hand that the billing for this next month will be paused, meaning YOU WON'T BE CHARGED THE 1ST OF MARCH. I decided to do this because my production this past month was more than slow, it was painfully slow... and I was battling against something I was afraid to admit: the fatidic BURN OUT.

But, before you guys worry too much... this does NOT mean that I will stop working, NOR will I put anything on hold.
I just need to get my mind back on track with the project. I will keep on making this game and the next one... and the next after that. But right now, what I do not want is to take you generosity for granted or abuse your support (or your wallet).
So I decided to pause the pledges for a month, while I get a grip of myself... I have a couple of ideas to try to help me overcome this... "feeling", and I'm sure I will soon enough, so be sure that I won't go anywhere. But I want to take my time and don't feel the pressure of rushing the work, so... Yeah.

I don't want to dwell long and hard, because all of this makes me feel like a spoiled cry baby, so let's move on.

About 0.12, I'm still working on it, but there are a few more days for it to be ready (surely not before the end of month, and that's what convinced me to pause the pledges in the first place). I don't want to rush it and end up with a bugfest, even if it is a small update. I also been having trouble with the dialogues, I'm just not happy with anything about it right now... I guess that's the "burn out" thing acting up.

So, TL;DR: I won't charge you the 1st of March, but 0.12 should be ready somewhere within the first weeks of it. I need to take a couple days off... off my house, off everything and clear my head. I love doing this, but I guess eveything takes its toll on you sooner or later.
But again, I'm NOT quitting or anything.

As always, thanks all of you for your support, I'm grateful with each and every one of you.
I'm ashamed to get like this, I've been at this for a year now with no actual breaks, and I guess I should have take so time out, so this is on me.

I hope this post is clear, and I didn't make it hard to understand, but if you have questions you are free to write them in the comments and I will answer, or go to the Discord Server and tag me if you want a more personal apporach.

Poor Doc,i know it,that all the shit comments and the assholes gonna make him bad,yesterday was like that with one,shit.
All my good vibres for the good Doctor.

Zeca Suez

Jun 26, 2018
So, TL;DR: I won't charge you the 1st of March, but 0.12 should be ready somewhere within the first weeks of it. I need to take a couple days off... off my house, off everything and clear my head. I love doing this, but I guess eveything takes its toll on you sooner or later.
But again, I'm NOT quitting or anything.
That sucks, hope he feels better soon. Does he need us to raise our hands and send him some of our energy ? I am totally willing to do that.
Poor Doc,i know it,that all the shit comments and the assholes gonna make him bad,yesterday was like that with one,shit.
All my good vibres for the good Doctor.
o_O who'd be shitposting on him ? more importantly why ? his game is nearly perfect and gets updated at a decent pace.

SomeDamnedDude

Apr 8, 2018
That sucks, hope he feels better soon. Does he need us to raise our hands and send him some of our energy ? I am totally willing to do that.

o_O who'd be shitposting on him ? more importantly why ? his game is nearly perfect and gets updated at a decent pace.
There were a few comments that got sent down the MOD hole, and rightly so, on the previous page. Attacking a developer is never a good idea, if you are a paying customer and feel that you do not wish to pay, that is your choice, but haranguing the goose that lays the golden egg is just beyond ignorant.

Cheers!!

Zeca Suez

Jun 26, 2018
Attacking a developer is never a good idea, if you are a paying customer and feel that you do not wish to pay, that is your choice.
I agree Fully heck attacking anyone over their Ideas is a bad idea, calm rational communication is always preferable. I am just curious as to what their actual gripe with the game could be since Dr. Bones delivers content at quite an acceptable pace and the content is pretty damn good his artstyle is so gorgeous that I personally don't like sharing my female characters with farm animals and still have beasty turned on so as not to miss out on the scenes. Those girls are crafted to perfection.

Unless these guys are just members of the "Loli/shota must die" crusade. People really need to understand these are non-existent characters and the people that actually enjoy this material are not actually out do anything immoral and are not doing anything illegal. These characters are just drawn so damn well and are drawn intended to be of age and not everyone in the world is 6ft tall and busty/muscular.
This developer actually seems to be putting in a lot of effort into his project, Heck before now I didn't even know he was participating in the conversations on here and on discord and on patreon... and still managed to deliver actual content filled updates every few months.
Damn it new kids stop ruining things for everybody if you wanna see ultra delayed upload cycles look at Akabur's annually/bi-annually updated games :p another Dev that makes great content but super slow on delivery.

TrialRagnarok

Scrambled Bussy Appreciator
Donor
Jan 22, 2018
I agree Fully heck attacking anyone over their Ideas is a bad idea, calm rational communication is always preferable. I am just curious as to what their actual gripe with the game could be since Dr. Bones delivers content at quite an acceptable pace and the content is pretty damn good his artstyle is so gorgeous that I personally don't like sharing my female characters with farm animals and still have beasty turned on so as not to miss out on the scenes. Those girls are crafted to perfection.

Unless these guys are just members of the "Loli/shota must die" crusade. People really need to understand these are non-existent characters and the people that actually enjoy this material are not actually out do anything immoral and are not doing anything illegal. These characters are just drawn so damn well and are drawn intended to be of age and not everyone in the world is 6ft tall and busty/muscular.
This developer actually seems to be putting in a lot of effort into his project, Heck before now I didn't even know he was participating in the conversations on here and on discord and on patreon... and still managed to deliver actual content filled updates every few months.
Damn it new kids stop ruining things for everybody if you wanna see ultra delayed upload cycles look at Akabur's annually/bi-annually updated games :p another Dev that makes great content but super slow on delivery.
I believe the "attacks" started cause the Doc stated to have some changes in such a short period of time. He mentioned that before the end of January (if I'm not mistaken) we should have 0.12 or at the very least that it should be nigh completion. Then he mentioned that it would be out in the next week or so and didn't happen.

I'm OK with having to wait as long as the product is of awesome quality (as it has been since I discovered this game) but the fact that the Doc had such a busy schedule and mentioned tempting dates of release, some people got angry that said "deadlines" weren't met on time.

I've been waiting for a while now (as everyone else in here has) and I'm cool with it. It's not a good idea to push the developer/artist to a point of exhaustion cause then they could end up abandoning the project completely, which I believe no one that enjoys this game wants to happen.

Don't worry Doc, take some time off to recover and keep us updated as you can on how you're doing overall :D

Zeca Suez

Jun 26, 2018
I'm OK with having to wait as long as the product is of awesome quality (as it has been since I discovered this game) but the fact that the Doc had such a busy schedule and mentioned tempting dates of release, some people got angry that said "deadlines" weren't met on time.
I do not care if the update will take time or not, I like Bone Bones and I want it to be okay, it's what matters, as I said, I do not care if the update will take, at least I know one day I left

Be well

Sorry for my English
Wholeheartedly agree idk why people would forget that developing a game takes a lot of time and effort and sometimes shit happens... A delayed good quality release is far more preferable than a rushed bugfucked version.
Also hope the Doc feels better soon am still willing to raise my hand and send over some of my energy if it helps. XD

SomeDamnedDude

Apr 8, 2018

Oreo Bones this is to clarify for those that seem a bit bewildered, absolutely no attack on you is intended, so if my words fail me, know that.

I agree with you and the following posts, the problem is that the Good Doctor has been bitten in the past by putting dates out there to appease people asking and missed those dates, he said he learned from the experience and would not give hard dates again. I lauded his decision then. In the excitement or as a result of the early stages of burn-out I am guessing he forgot about the decision to avoid announcing dates and slipped into making a very aggressive schedule, again i believe he had the best possible intentions.... to give the fans what they wanted and unfortunately he was not able to produce what he thought we the fan base deserved in the way of quality and quantity in the aforementioned timeframe.

Some members decided to call him on it, some decided to flat out attack him. There are a few who seem to have it in for him. I wish no one ill-will. If this game / forum does not suit you, there are plenty of others, take your pick.

I will patiently wait for more excellent content from The Good Doctor.

Cheers!!

Oseo Bones

Game Developer
Aug 10, 2017
Thanks for the wishes, guys. Everything is cool, I'm just gonna take a couple days off and reset myself. I already have a couple of possible solutions to help me overcome this, I will "try them for size" soon, and see if it helps.
So March will be kinda experimental, that is why I didn't want to charge people for my "experiments" haha.

But I'm sure this burn out will not be the end of me. I have a lot that I want to do and I'm positive that I'm going to do it. Once 0.12 is done, I will start working on the next update, so I don't plan to actually take March off, I'm just gonna try different things (work-wise) to avoid the routine.

I'm not going anywhere. :)

rhitaks

Jan 9, 2018
I wonder, people will talk whether or not Dev answer them in forum. some say like why is he spending time here - Ofc he wants feedback and share ideas with the fans ... & we enjoy it too - be Patient fellows we all saw the Good art Doc brought to us worth it.
It's good to here you decide to have me time Doc we all need that.<3

Salut

Crispyking

Jul 15, 2017
Thanks for the wishes, guys. Everything is cool, I'm just gonna take a couple days off and reset myself. I already have a couple of possible solutions to help me overcome this, I will "try them for size" soon, and see if it helps.
So March will be kinda experimental, that is why I didn't want to charge people for my "experiments" haha.

But I'm sure this burn out will not be the end of me. I have a lot that I want to do and I'm positive that I'm going to do it. Once 0.12 is done, I will start working on the next update, so I don't plan to actually take March off, I'm just gonna try different things (work-wise) to avoid the routine.

Hey, Oseo, please take care and all the time you need. Having fun with what you are doing is probably the most important thing in life after all.

To the people who do complain about the game (some of their posts have already been deleted by the admins):

-) The download of this game is not mandatory.
If you don't like it, don't take it. It's even tagged, so that you'd know in advance what you'd get.

-) Much of the content is optional.
The developer was thoughtful enough to enable us to opt out of bestiality. I also think that most of the game content still remains accessible without having to deal with Mia (somewhat loli). And even if not: Do it like I do, and just skip through it with "Ctrl".

-) It's free!
Oseo Bones is not only kind enough to basically present us with his hard work as a gift, but also to listen to our thoughts and ideas concerning his game. This is much more to our benefit than to his, so there is nothing wrong with an appreciative attitude once in a while.

-) Please don't complain about gifts.
Imho. constructive feedback surely is very useful, however demands and complaints are not. Those should be made in a kind and civil manner on Patreon, once you are willing to take part in the development by contributing. It's pretty much like when you get a gift car: Don't complain that it doesn't have those dark leather seats you crave so much.

-) Don't complain about delays.
Most developers want to comfort us, and in turn sometimes promise things they can't deliver on schedule. Be nice, and don't cut into them for underestimating the effort some things take.

I know I'll probably catch some heat for this post, but I honestly think that we all should be happy to get these cool, although never perfect games for free. It's the decent way to be at least accordingly appreciative, and it's perfectly ok to offer inspiration, but also important not to get pushy, even if the "gift" doesn't meet our high expectations.

Zeca Suez

Jun 26, 2018
All the Gods be praised ! May the Gods of Hentai bless you with Strength neverending !

P.S. : Annnh ... What's up Doc ? ... (couldn't resist, Damn you Buggs bunny)

To the people who do complain about the game (some of their posts have already been deleted by the admins):
Unfortunately my friend Logic and common sense doesn't work on crusaders of the Anti loli/shota empire. You would have better luck throwing memes at them. But support for your favorite content creators does work :D

TrialRagnarok

Donor
Jan 22, 2018
How do I trigger the Martha basement scene?
Do you mean the scene where you first scare her or the one with the dog?

For both, first make sure to raise her Guilt and the main character's level to a high enough value (70 is the limit, if I'm not mistaken) and talk to her. The Boobjob one is just that, talk to her with a high enough level during the afternoon.

If you want the dog scene, talk to her and she'll ask you to get the cat to scare the rats. After you try to get the cat you decide to get the dog. Go to the basement and talk with her. The scene should play by itself.

Akuma-Heika

Feb 14, 2018
Using Fantasize only lets me see 5 images with the Dream Diary, three with the original girls, and two with the Merchant. How do I see the others? Based on the guide, it can be done (wording implies Martha Dog unlocks both options in the Dream).

Edit: I also have been locked out from the Yoga options. She is always in the bathroom for both morning periods. Seems to be skipping the early morning, since I cannot continue Merchant parts.

Double Edit: and now I get it back, after a week or so worth of days...

Reactions: TrialRagnarok

TrialRagnarok

Donor
Jan 22, 2018
BTW Doc, I've been curious about a "bug" I didn't notice at first.

Whenever I open the "Save" or "Load" window it always select the previous save. For example, if I have Savefiles in slots 1, 2 and 3, if my latest one is slot 3 and I try to either Load or Save the game, it selects slot 2.

Is it a bug of some sort or a default thing of RPGMaker that maybe got overviewed? I ask because I only experienced this same thing on 1 other game of this style. It's not gamebreaking by any means but it's kinda annoying haha

TrialRagnarok

Donor
Jan 22, 2018
Using Fantasize only lets me see 5 images with the Dream Diary, three with the original girls, and two with the Merchant. How do I see the others? Based on the guide, it can be done (wording implies Martha Dog unlocks both options in the Dream).
When you enter the "Fantasize" room, you can see at the top of the room some lit candles of sorts. When you interact with them they'll let you see specific scenes unlocked during your playthrough.

Reactions: Akuma-Heika

Akuma-Heika

Feb 14, 2018
When you enter the "Fantasize" room, you can see at the top of the room some lit candles of sorts. When you interact with them they'll let you see specific scenes unlocked during your playthrough.
They just lit up...but only the State Event ones, and the dog one I didn't choose ingame... I can choose either or for the scene (even though it is named TitJob Scene).

Does the State Scenes require different saves to get them all?

PS: Thanks for the help TR!

Reactions: TrialRagnarok
4.00 star(s) 163 Votes