vicaddict

Sep 29, 2019
thx for the reply!
can you tell me how to do it?
I ended up in there playing the game as a Cheerleader. When you start college, you get to chose how to spend your time there. As far as I can tell the socializing option/making friends option did the trick. It may have been a drop in the bucket of how I played the game up to that point, but I rarely ever chose that option before, never made it into DDD and once I did, I got in.

Reactions: nottuide

nottuide

Dec 11, 2017
I ended up in there playing the game as a Cheerleader. When you start college, you get to chose how to spend your time there. As far as I can tell the socializing option/making friends option did the trick. It may have been a drop in the bucket of how I played the game up to that point, but I rarely ever chose that option before, never made it into DDD and once I did, I got in.
Thank you for the help! I will try this route!

Apr 12, 2022

1713290074788.jpeg

Holy shit. We're at a year of development. That's crazy. Hope we made you heathens happy. LOL
Given the monumental milestone (how many of these type of games last a year?), Boo yahhhhh beaches,
we wanted to do a little retrospective. Where have we been, where are we going? To hell if we don’t change our ways, amiright?

Why did this project start? Cause Cass be crazy…nah we wants some good shit to play. She wanted to bring itttt! One year and it’s been broughtin!

I was sick and tired of good ideas going to waste either because of abandonment, milking, or just lack of project management. I’d tried to get involved with other projects as a writer, but was always kicked aside due to lack of leadership and PM-ing skills. Preach! We all tired of that.

I also wanted to see a story that had lots and lots of choices, variations and things that mattered. I hated sandboxes where you were constantly clicking around trying to advance the story and so, so many of the games out there that just should have been VNs – essentially single path forward, so don’t make your players do work for it. Click, click, boom useless. Give me Choice or Give me Death!

I enjoyed corruption stories and female protagonist MCs (all of my writing is essentially female-first) and grew up on CYOAs (those white-backed books are so nostalgic for me). So, after trying to get a team together to do an adult version of “Growing Up” to no avail, I decided to take a pass at the concept that I’ve seen so many times that just never goes anywhere: secret agent girl…who never wanted or expected to be a honeytrap. Yet, she needs to be. She grew up and the balls starting rollin…

And so, Blue Swallow was born. A little twist on the Red Sparrow idea, begin with a character creation prologue (because I always enjoyed deciding who my MC was), and utilizing Twine because of its facility and ease of use [for a non-programmer like me]. And as it grew, so did the team. Not Jack Sparra though. Wrong genre. We spies here not pirates.
And what about our team? What are their perspectives on the past year? Bomb ass team fo sho minus that one, *cough Goof cough

From LewdPirate-

I joined because I thought there was somewhere I could add a lot of value, getting in from the get go and build a good foundation was really appealing to me.

I did play three separate versions of FA, and never understood why it warranted being rewritten (at such a late stage) so many times! Probably some proofer messed it up. Those hooligans.

I have played a lot of interactive fiction smut, and I’m trying to write my own, so working with someone who actually writes was also immensely interesting to me, as most other projects I worked on, the story was a second thought.

The last year for me has been fun, I’ve enjoyed extending the wardrobe, and getting to know Goof, who I send smut to once in a while. Mmmm smut is there anything better…thanks LP

I’m hoping to find time to actually play the game in its current state, since it has been ages since I played.

Personally I got very overwhelmed by the many different options, but I do have to give it a go again soon.

Finally it’s exciting to get animations in, despite the initial technical difficulties. They are some sexy animations fo sho. Sure to get you off…playing more of the game.

And speaking of Goof- Are we really quoting this schmuck? (Yiddish for Penis)
My journey in this world began as I played so many games in this erotic arena where the story, characters, and dialogue was either disjointed, off, or didn't make sense so I thought I'd volunteer my time and limited expertise in helping developers make their games better. What is this shit? What da hell he say?

Enter Blue Swallow. Slowly and gently at first...

Well, this game already had a stellar writer so I have just done my best to support the writer and build my skills while supplying any other help or hindrance I can. Definitely a damn hindrance.

Now a year later, this project from a spark that Cass wanted to make has turned into a game. It's deep in writing, building to a full on art filled spy thriller. Cass and the team making it well polished while the Goof tries to entertain…himself.
The game has grown leaps and bounds thanks to the community and the team as it's been so fulfilling. Thanks community. You all are why we do it.

In the next year, I hope the game reaches larger audiences and we can just keep expanding endlessly with different areas of the world needing a good/bad spy to save the day or not.

One day if we get big enough perhaps we do a contest to insert a player as a stable character for a certain Act. Did they just say that? OH DAMN look out yall.
—-----------------------------------
We've just finished the Final release of 0.5. With that, Claire, our protagonist:

* Can experience a full Prologue of character creation.
⋅⋅* Physical Identity (what does she look like? how does she identify herself?) Big ass, titties, athletic…some many delicious choices.
⋅⋅* Growing Up (where is she from, what is her family life, what does she enjoy?) Gotta have a past.
⋅⋅* High School (what clique does she join? who does she take to Prom? how does she experience her sexual awakening?) We all like the sexual…awakening. Claire has some naughty times.
⋅⋅* An optional Gap Year (African volunteer? Backpacking in Europe? Swiss Finishing School?) Fuck college! Travel the world, get into some shit.
⋅⋅* College (Does she get in? Does she rush? What does she study?)
..* Engage in 73 (yep, nearly 100) sex scenes, each with their variations, alternative text and options based on the Claire you’ve built. So much different types of fuckin, who can experience em all?
..* Innumerable options, playthrough paths and choices with meaningful, content and character-altering effects Trying to make a unique every sexy spy version you create.
..* Can get to and experience places around the globe!
⋅⋅* Bangkok! Yeah gotta bang that cock. Instead of Russia where the cock bang you.
⋅⋅* Tallinn Is this like Tattooine?
⋅⋅* Manila The place where all your big envelopes are made.
* Can begin her experience as a Secret Agent, where her mission means saving her missing mother and hopefully saving the world.

And from a technical standpoint:

* 20 content-expanding releases More to keep coming, just keep supporting us. We will help you RELEASE!
* Customized Paper Doll and dozens of outfits. I like the birthday suit outfit.
* Three animations. Just the tip…more to cum boys and girls.
* Passage and background art
* Implementation of more than 8 integrated systems:
⋅⋅* Semi-Open World Exploration
⋅⋅* Stats and level-up mechanic
⋅⋅* Dossier
⋅⋅* Wardrobe, Clothing Purchasing, and Outfit selection
⋅⋅* Relationships
⋅⋅* Corruption and Bad Ends. Bad ends are the only good ends.
⋅⋅* Arousal, Tired, Hungover States. Aroused, yes please.
⋅⋅* Fertility and Impregnation Even fun times can lead to this, we got ya.
* 311 Individual Passages, each with multiple arcs and variations
* Nearly 50,000 lines of code I know Cass made me count them.

What does the next year look like?

We'll be expanding the existing content:

* More Prologue content!
⋅⋅* Fleshed out Cliques! Yes flesh lots of flesh
⋅⋅* Fleshed out Vignettes! I swear we aren’t zombies. We just like flesh.
⋅⋅* HS Pregnancy Arc! You folks want this. So its on the dicket.
⋅⋅* Fleshed out College Arcs! I feel like this suggests naked parties. Sounds fun.
⋅⋅* Additional Gap Year Arc(s?)! Bangin in hostels maybe…Give us ideas.
* More Main Game Arcs! Definitely more of these.
⋅⋅* Make friends/boyfriends/get training! Make a harem…Kidding maybe. Claire is gonna be a pimp.
* Continuation of Existing Main Game Arcs! Always reviewing and improving let us know commune.
⋅⋅* Investigating the Club! More poles, more glitter, more g-strings…yepppp
⋅⋅* Infiltrating Manila Underworld! Deep Thrust engaged!
* HD Art toggle! Huge Dick Art toggler…sorry High Definition
* More animations, clothes, and art! Oh yeahhh more, more, more of this good shit!
What am I most excited about? All that’s coming. The past year was a proof-of-concept to myself and the community that the game can exist, can be developed as I envisioned it. Now it’s taking that PoC and expanding it, seeing where we can take Claire!

Get on Discord we have channels for everyone. Keep building community help us make Claire the most deviant fun spy ever to grace the screen.

JadeKitten

Donor
Apr 27, 2017
Are saves from 0.3.3P not compatible? I get these errors in the next page after where I left off:

Code:
Error: <<state>>: error within widget code (Error: <<set>>: bad evaluation: State.variables.Body.state is undefined)
Error: <<if>>: bad conditional expression in <<if>> clause: State.variables.HomeBase is undefined
Error: <<set>>: bad evaluation: State.variables.HomeBase is undefined

CassieBare

Game Developer
Jan 25, 2020
Are saves from 0.3.3P not compatible? I get these errors in the next page after where I left off:

Code:
Error: <<state>>: error within widget code (Error: <<set>>: bad evaluation: State.variables.Body.state is undefined)
Error: <<if>>: bad conditional expression in <<if>> clause: State.variables.HomeBase is undefined
It is highly recommended that, especially on a new version number (0.3 > 0.4, etc), new saves are smart. We're constantly improving the code behind the scenes as well as 0.3.3 was very early in development. Should be less needed further on.

Reactions: AelphysTerra

PrinceCydon

Apr 16, 2020
So what's going on with Female Agent is that the creator and project lead is a massive perfectionist. He constantly scraps entire updates to start over again because he didn't like one scene, or he was bored with rereading the thing he himself wrote, which is a problem every writer learns to deal with and ignore because the reader isn't rereading the same few pages 50 times. I used to back FA, and literally the most common comment to him was "you need to learn to let things go, move onto new content, and then come back and maybe 'fix' things later". And he never listened. Literally the only thing you guys need to do to be better is to just not do that. I hope you're successful. This is a great concept for an adult game, and there are a lot of fed up FA fans out there that will eventually find this if it keeps going. So, congratulations on the first year of development. I can't wait to see where the game is another year from now.

L7Bear

May 29, 2017
Something's wrong.
Despite being with 13 guys in her backstory (and getting her pussy dripping with 7 guys' cum on prom night) she still got the line:

Hadn't had sex to date, so not weighing myself down with extra hormones had been a solid one. Go me. Let's keep on trucking!

And speaking of that, while I wasn't the only member of the V-club...

Zipped Save attached.

Reactions: Otlab

L7Bear

May 29, 2017
I lost track of how many times she "lost her virginity"...
What a crazy capstone to college. To lose my viriginity and to lose it that way.

Reactions: Otlab

SaraFox

Sep 17, 2019
so my character gets to the first 'main game' scene, I pick one and she gives up immediately the next day. Load and the pop up now says she can take -1 corruption events (played a massive slut through the prologue so idk how visiting a club broke her mind but ok) Is this like an auto lose state because of lack of content so far in this section? What's the idea here

CassieBare

Game Developer
Jan 25, 2020
So what's going on with Female Agent is that the creator and project lead is a massive perfectionist. He constantly scraps entire updates to start over again because he didn't like one scene, or he was bored with rereading the thing he himself wrote, which is a problem every writer learns to deal with and ignore because the reader isn't rereading the same few pages 50 times. I used to back FA, and literally the most common comment to him was "you need to learn to let things go, move onto new content, and then come back and maybe 'fix' things later". And he never listened. Literally the only thing you guys need to do to be better is to just not do that. I hope you're successful. This is a great concept for an adult game, and there are a lot of fed up FA fans out there that will eventually find this if it keeps going. So, congratulations on the first year of development. I can't wait to see where the game is another year from now.
Thank you! We're glad about it.

BS started because of the issues with FA. If only we could find a supporter base the same strength as his, it'd make for a lot easier development. Crazy to me that he hit something like $5k in support within the first year and it's stayed consistent or higher ever since. A big bump from out of nowhere that's never really abated.

CassieBare

Game Developer
Jan 25, 2020
Something's wrong.
Despite being with 13 guys in her backstory (and getting her pussy dripping with 7 guys' cum on prom night) she still got the line:

Hadn't had sex to date, so not weighing myself down with extra hormones had been a solid one. Go me. Let's keep on trucking!

And speaking of that, while I wasn't the only member of the V-club...

Zipped Save attached.

I lost track of how many times she "lost her virginity"...
What a crazy capstone to college. To lose my viriginity and to lose it that way.

Thanks. We're looking into these.

so my character gets to the first 'main game' scene, I pick one and she gives up immediately the next day. Load and the pop up now says she can take -1 corruption events (played a massive slut through the prologue so idk how visiting a club broke her mind but ok) Is this like an auto lose state because of lack of content so far in this section? What's the idea here
We're also aware of this, we're looking into it.

Reactions: L7Bear

Matwyn

Feb 25, 2019
There might be some bugs in the game.

If you save at certain points and load this save the game does not progress like it would if you pick it up from an earlier point.
For example:
At the end of prologue high shool if you save when you can choose to do not care for grades and instead go on "the mission" you can select some kinks and sex skills. But if you load your save afterwards and choose "the mission" again you are not presented with this decision again.
This can be circumvented if you hit the back button until you reach the scene before and play from there.

I noticed it at another point as well i think it was when you send pictures during graduation the behaviour is different but i am not sure where the save load entry point for the different behaviour there was.

However this might even be present in many other places as well. Without knowing the expected behaviour it is hard to track down this bugs. So it might be worth checking out and hopefully it behaves the same in all places the same way and you might be able to solve it easy by analysing the above scene and what causes it. *fingers crossed*

CassieBare

Game Developer
Jan 25, 2020
There might be some bugs in the game.

If you save at certain points and load this save the game does not progress like it would if you pick it up from an earlier point.
For example:
At the end of prologue high shool if you save when you can choose to do not care for grades and instead go on "the mission" you can select some kinks and sex skills. But if you load your save afterwards and choose "the mission" again you are not presented with this decision again.
This can be circumvented if you hit the back button until you reach the scene before and play from there.

I noticed it at another point as well i think it was when you send pictures during graduation the behaviour is different but i am not sure where the save load entry point for the different behaviour there was.

However this might even be present in many other places as well. Without knowing the expected behaviour it is hard to track down this bugs. So it might be worth checking out and hopefully it behaves the same in all places the same way and you might be able to solve it easy by analysing the above scene and what causes it. *fingers crossed*
Yeah, the game's complex. Multiple threads leading to the same place, etc. So to avoid crazy amounts of double-coding and things like that, it does lead to things like the above.

EDIT - after looking, that's exactly what's happening here. Though the variables are permanent, so not sure why they would disappear unless the save just isnt retaining them. In which case, I don't know what to say because it should retain all permanent variables. Best case would be to send a save file in our #bug-extermination on the Discord

I can't say exactly why in this case, but I bet it's because some states are set prior to the save point, then loading, you've lost them when you hit the place that they're asking for those triggers.

It's best not to save mid-section and get to an end-point transition.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chainjailhunter
4.10 star(s) 25 Votes