Paz

Aug 9, 2016
Who said there was? Your inference-foo is weak.
Umm, that was the sole pointed-out flaw in that occasion? There wasn't a list of shortcomings or even a generic "this game sucks", it was "haha shit language, fuck DRM".

I'm all for (justifyingly) calling out shady devs or crap games/mechanics/designs, but bashing for the sake of bashing on a feature someone does not find to his liking is poor, and it's not pertinent to this game only but you can see that in other games mainly on fetishes ("the creators plans to add a fetish that I don't like, the game is shit/doomed/whatever").

KingsRaiden

Engaged Member
Jan 4, 2017
Actually, this is a big improvement over the previous version. The tracking thing is not too bad an idea, though it looks as if money is going to be a grind.

dspeed

Oct 15, 2016
I'm all for (justifyingly) calling out shady devs or crap games/mechanics/designs, but bashing for the sake of bashing on a feature someone does not find to his liking is poor, and it's not pertinent to this game only but you can see that in other games mainly on fetishes ("the creators plans to add a fetish that I don't like, the game is shit/doomed/whatever").
The "developer" has attempted to lock access to his game around an Always Online DRM in the future.

This is not a feature.

I'll be breaking it when he introduces it.

Paz

Aug 9, 2016
The "developer" has attempted to lock access to his game around an Always Online DRM in the future.

This is not a feature.

I'll be breaking it when he introduces it.
Might I ask why there are quotes on the developer? As far as I know, he IS the developer (in whatever context Patreon creators are devs) :)
Anyhow, the discussion flow was not about the DRM itself, and I'll be happy if you manage to circumvent it.

TCMS

Quote my posts if you want an answer
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
Tried cheat engine and the usual mumble jumble people tend to use, went to regedit with no luck. I think we're fucked in terms of money... unless someone somehow finds out how to edit it...

veeral

Aug 8, 2016
Yeah, I haven't found it in cheat engine. Really looking forward to it, would love to see the non-cuck route.

TCMS

Donor
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
Jesus the more I progress the more I wish to have money... And i have a bad feeling no one will be able to change the values :FeelsBadMan: :FeelsBadMan: :FeelsBadMan: :FeelsBadMan:

Paz

Aug 9, 2016
Jesus the more I progress the more I wish to have money... And i have a bad feeling no one will be able to change the values :FeelsBadMan: :FeelsBadMan: :FeelsBadMan: :FeelsBadMan:
Is 5,000 enough for starting money? If so, here's a modded Assembly-CSharp, replace the one in \BigBrother_Data\Managed (backup the original of course, it shouldn't break anything but better safe than sorry).

sorin

Nov 28, 2016
Is 5,000 enough for starting money? If so, here's a modded Assembly-CSharp, replace the one in \BigBrother_Data\Managed (backup the original of course, it shouldn't break anything but better safe than sorry).

ty man works fine you are the man:D

Mirtugast

Dec 25, 2016
but bashing for the sake of bashing on a feature someone does not find to his liking is poor
Third grade level English is a feature now? Worse, you said it's not to his liking, implying there are people who genuinely enjoy broken grammar and spelling.

It's also not just 'for the sake of bashing'. A dev throwing money at keeping people from playing, rather than giving them a reason to want to play (by way of, like, you know... a decent translation?) is the grandest of reasons to bash something. I would agree one should vote with his wallet, but with accountability and transparency on Patreon being what they are (non-existent), that line of reasoning flat out doesn't fly. For god sakes the Something Unlimited dev made his 5000 clapdollars goal to draw a single avatar...

Paz

Aug 9, 2016
Third grade level English is a feature now? Worse, you said it's not to his liking, implying there are people who genuinely enjoy broken grammar and spelling.

It's also not just 'for the sake of bashing'. A dev throwing money at keeping people from playing, rather than giving them a reason to want to play (by way of, like, you know... a decent translation?) is the grandest of reasons to bash something. I would agree one should vote with his wallet, but with accountability and transparency on Patreon being what they are (non-existent), that line of reasoning flat out doesn't fly. For god sakes the Something Unlimited dev made his 5000 clapdollars goal to draw a single avatar...
Ok, I shall elaborate. When I referred to a "feature" and a person's liking, I mean the usage of DRM (whether or not some may dispute it's classification as a feature), not the piss-poor English which should be noted.

Still, using that as a justification to vent your frustration on an unrelated design choice (or whatever anyone wants to call it) -which incidentally I find unwelcome as well- is what I discussed in the first place.
And let's be honest, this online-only scheme did not gather attention because it's a customer inconvenience, it's because it will probably prevent us from laying hands to a new version the millisecond it comes out (it is a pirate forum after all).
If it wasn't the sub-par text, it could be any game mechanic, or even character hair color as long as someone can latch on it to call out him for the DRM.

Also, is "throwing money at keeping people from playing" referring to the fact he spends work-hours to implement this? Other than that, it doesn't cost him much.
It should be noted though that on his Telegram he mentioned he plans to use a portion of his Patreon income to pay professional translators (as I probably mentioned). Are those translators already contracted? I do not know, and I certainly hope not, because this kind of English is certainly not "professional", but it remains to be seen.

Last edited:

TCMS

Donor
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016

Man for real huge thanks :)

Kakato

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2017
I'm playing it since this afternoon, but dude, it's kinda tricky to understand the mechanism of the game. However, the images are soooo good, that I can't drop it. Someone must post a walkthrough. Otherwise, IMO, it's impossible to get the CG's.

kare

Aug 5, 2016
Is 5,000 enough for starting money?
Thank you!
On a related note, can we also cheat the Sneak stat, if there is even a point in peeping on someone. If you're successful, you only get an image, but failing hits your relations, authority and lowers mood? I think the Sneak stat increases the more you do it, but is it used for anything important?

3.40 star(s) 107 Votes