• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Endless

To Obtain My Infinite Dream I Shall Even Sink God
Donor
May 9, 2017
Best of luck @DarkSilver, i hope this problem doesn't drag on too long. And remember if Patreon censors you too much there is always something else that you can find. Hatreon seems ok far as i know. The good thing is you already have a big fan base & donors so if you have to migrate else where most of them will follow you.

Reactions: KaiserST

JohnPonn

Nov 15, 2017
@DarkSilver
Oh crap :frown: Well lets put our diffrences (Olivia story arc) aside for a moment and think about long term solution.

Patreon is crippled by the old American moral standard with routes in the chatholic churce. That will never change.
They will do Donald duc.. Ehm, Trumps bidding and if he says internet is no longer a free market they will do as told.
So if i were you i'd be looking elsewhere for a new home. Regardless of what they ask of you this time they can change the rules again tomorrow and come back for more. Games have been closed down by the numbers already.

The hope lies in the anger we all feel about suppressing ideas and creativity. I'm sure a new Patreon like web site will rise in time. I hope you will find your way there and thats the light at the end of the "carpal" tunnel right now :winkytongue:

Wish you the best and GL with everything :)

Sam

Sysadmin
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2016
As has been discussed in the main thread, there are currently no viable alternatives to Patreon for adult content. Patreon is facing pressure from their payment processors (Stripe and Paypal/Braintree) when it comes to this kind of content.

Not only do all these start up Patreon clones use exactly the same payment processors (so will face exactly the same censorship issues in the future) but most are also incredibly shady, lacking any kind of company information, or physical presence, will probably run into issues with anti money laundering regulations, etc.

If any of these clones say they allow adult content whilst also using Stripe and/or Paypal for processing payments, then they haven't read their processors AUP/ToS and have no idea what they're doing.

malekisaman

Jun 5, 2017
As has been discussed in the main thread, there are currently no viable alternatives to Patreon for adult content. Patreon is facing pressure from their payment processors (Stripe and Paypal/Braintree) when it comes to this kind of content.

Not only do all these start up Patreon clones use exactly the same payment processors (so will face exactly the same censorship issues in the future) but most are also incredibly shady, lacking any kind of company information, or physical presence, will probably run into issues with anti money laundering regulations, etc.

If any of these clones say they allow adult content whilst also using Stripe and/or Paypal for processing payments, then they haven't read their processors AUP/ToS and have no idea what they're doing.
Well if all fails maybe DS could make a website and accept Bitcoin? Very unfavorable though. I hear it has a high transaction fee. There are less known cryptos that dont charge for transaction.

Reactions: misterday

strenif

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
Na. No one will sigh up for that.

There just isn't another way then something like lewd patcher.

Or do what SU does. Put nothing about the game on your patreon site and only release the game over Discord. Down side is, you don't really have a 'face' to hook people into supporting you.

Reactions: tankdick

kansasdude

Sep 13, 2017
No matter how many times I help lisa with homework (You can take a break, I will do everything myself), the relationship level stays at Friends

Hlextor

May 6, 2017
Talking with Patreon support as soon as their working hours starts. And finishing next release :p
But you know the consequences. I hope you have a plan b or c!? And this is not a landlord or something else. You had the leisure to do something. It was clear from the outset that Patreon gets you under review, or!?

gamersglory

Xpression Games
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 23, 2017
@DarkSilver I doubt is hard up for money. Seen games do more with less money. Genius in marketing though. But as far as payment options you would need a High-risk CC Prosser to use. Crypto would be the cheapest option.

3.40 star(s) 107 Votes