Fan Art Big Brother: Fan Art

4.50 star(s) 8 Votes

WBWB

Jul 8, 2017
With default light setting (camera headlamp):
View attachment 156736

Camera headlamp never looks good. It's best to move on and never use it again, and you're already on that path.

Playing with lights (I'm newb, please be gentle :p):
View attachment 156737 View attachment 156738 View attachment 156739
The yellow highlights on the skin mean that it's a bit overexposed. You can try reducing the light luminance or increasing the exposure value (EV) or just backing the light away. Light intensity drops by the inverse square of the distance, so if you double the distance then it's 1/4 the light.

If your light is a spotlight then you can also experiment with its beam angle and exponent. Wider angles will reduce light in the center and spread it out. Higher exponents concentrate more light in the center of the spot in parabolic fashion, 1.0 is even. You can also change a spotlight from a point to a disc or sphere or other shape and then you can change the size of it. Larger sizes will make shadows softer, and it's more realistic that a light is going to be bigger than a mathematical point which has no size.

I hope that was gentle enough!

I know one thing for sure, Ann's hair is horrible for lighting with those ridiculous bangs casting a shadow on her face!

Reactions: karagan91 and groq

alexiddd

Nov 5, 2017
4.50 star(s) 8 Votes