Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK [S1/S2 v0.8.3 & S3 v0.10.1] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.80 star(s) 12 Votes

Maxiom

Jul 31, 2020
Maxiom,

Now, thinking about it, I can get real cute and make the "SaveDescription" toggle in SanchoOptions a 4-way toggle:
  • Mod - Player input per instance (which currently defaults to the name of a save if overwriting an existing one but still editable)
  • VN Default - Season 2's save name (if it exists)
  • Import file name - exactly that
  • None - same as current mod's toggle "Off"
It'd be a bit of work but certainly doable. I just would be concerned with it confusing folks... even though it seems like it's rather elementary tbh. Maybe this would please the most folks' specific want/need.

If this was implemented the next question would be if I should make the second and third bullets above (S2's save name or import name) editable during the save process in S3 (make it the default in the save naming input's entry box) or just make it uneditable where it would be that name forever going forward sequentially. If I made it editable then I could remove the second bullet and just make the mod's default for a new save slot be the default of the imported data's old save name... or be the default of the existing slot if overwriting one (two birds, one stone). This might be the ticket. Again, thoughts?

To summarize the code that would likely solve both issues:
If "SaveDescription" in SanchoOptions was On then it would default to the imported data's old save name (if it exists) and be editable, default to the existing save slot's name if overwriting an existing save, or default to be blank if neither apply. When the option to name saves is Off then it would be blank regardless (like it currently works).

Would that fill the wish you had while still be extremely flexible in how the default input box's name is presented?

Side note:
You other folks are welcome to chime in... I treat this VN different than the others as I'm way more flexible with requests for additions/changes to the mod as can be read in the OP. This VN's mod is my "sandbox" to try new ideas that may or may not be implemented in all future SanchoMod's across all the VN's it's on. In other words this VN has always been my main guinea pig for testing and messing around with new coding challenges and various thought processes.
Just having the option to not reinput the save description with each separate save would be fine.

I've seen games have it where you input the save description once, then it automatically saves using that name from that point forward, unless you manually type in a new save description.

Usually games with this feature don't have a save description box popping up. Since there's no pop-up, no pressing "ENTER" an extra time to close the description box. Which is nice when you save a lot. o_O

Instead, the description box is usually integrated naturally in the save screen interface. Just have to click on it to input the save description, then it auto-populates that description with every save. Also, it's editable. No pop-up so no extra button presses and reinputting the description every time.

EXAMPLE: The [Save name] box on the right.
save description.jpg
That's how it works in the vanilla BADIK unmodded game, except you cannot edit the save description name later, since there's no save description box.

Ideally, it's best if the description is editable. Especially when you get to the branches in the "Others" path.
(It's possible to have a [save name] box overlay on the save screen interface, that can be toggled on/off?)

However, if un-editable like the vanilla game, it's not a big issue. Editability is more of a luxury.

Last edited:

DrDerpington

Oct 6, 2017
Two of the variables come from using the other mod (one is checking for the actual mod's file, the other is looking for one of its variables), the other "android" is to block mobile users (you don't have to worry about that one)... the dev can be nasty TBH. From what I see via your examples will work, although crude, it should work.... BUT you'll have to be careful as SanchoMod does NOT play nice with you fucking with files. Backup before you edit... always (I even do it every single time... always backup).

Here's me doing you a solid:

It'll be much easier for you to install the attached. Just unzip it and drop the single file inside the /game folder. Specific instructions are as follows:
  1. Close the game (obviously)
  2. Extract the attached and copy it's file inside your "/game" or "/SanchoMod" folder (whichever you prefer).
  3. Start game, load a corrupted save from another mod or hack, and test.
Make sense? Do what I've instructed rather than tamper with files that might fuck up things worse. You'll thank me later I'm certain. Note: This only works if you are using SanchoMod. The file is NOT compatible otherwise.
Thanks Sancho. You are a hero.
Leonardo DiCaprio Cheers Ice.gif

Your fix solved the issue of game quitting (stupid PinkCake and his anticheat). I had some old saves and tried playing the game, but it kept crashing. I think I used some other mod in old S1 v0.3 , but some variables must have persisted in the save files till v0.8.3

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Thanks Sancho. You are a hero.
View attachment 3368264

Your fix solved the issue of game quitting (stupid PinkCake and his anticheat). I had some old saves and tried playing the game, but it kept crashing. I think I used some other mod in old S1 v0.3 , but some variables must have persisted in the save files till v0.8.3
You're sincerely welcome bud. I don't judge folks that used anything else in the past (or use anything else now) so I'll always do what I can to get anyone out of a jam (within reason)... otherwise welcome to SanchoVille. Please enjoy your stay.

Ohvidente

Feb 20, 2024
Is there any way to increase or decrease dik/neutral/chicks status during dialogues without using a mod, just through the console? I tried dik=x but it doesn't change the status on the cell phone or the dialogs.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Is there any way to increase or decrease dik/neutral/chicks status during dialogues without using a mod, just through the console? I tried dik=x but it doesn't change the status on the cell phone or the dialogs.
Simply put for the average Joe: no.

Many, many variables within this VN are adjusted internally in real-time based on other vars (such as those types you are referencing). This is done via functions and not via simple defines (like "dik=x"). Not all processing code is as simple as "var=x". Besides "status" vars, the MC's money and wallet are also good examples that are altered via functions and not defines.

Now, can I change something that requires a function to change via a console command of sorts? Yes. But it's not as simple as "dik=x", it's a process due to multiple functions controlling the var's actual outcome.

Edit for further clarification in layman's terms: Vars that change via one or more functions (rather than defines) get filtered through a series of coding processes (a block series of mathematical checks and balances) that take into account the relation and weight of other variables to ultimate set that vars current stats.

Last edited:

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
hey Sancho1969 , question... why doesn't autosmash trigger in the Vinny fight like it does in the others? I don't get the button just the regular fight screen, then after a few seconds I automatically win and the scene progresses (so it's working in the background apparently)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
hey Sancho1969 , question... why doesn't autosmash trigger in the Vinny fight like it does in the others? I don't get the button just the regular fight screen, then after a few seconds I automatically win and the scene progresses (so it's working in the background apparently)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You don't actually "win". The Vinny scene is not a real Brawler event... it's a spoof by the dev to make you originally think you have some kind of outcome choice... but you don't since Vinny has a gun (or prop gun) and only have choices on how you respond to the entire event.

Bottom line: it's not really a Brawler mini-game but the mod's code sometimes sees the spoof code and interprets as being a Brawler event. I never went back to fine-tune Vinny's event out (or I did and you aren't playing the most recent version of the mod, I can't remember being this early in the morning and I'm on my first cup of coffee).

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
You don't actually "win". The Vinny scene is not a real Brawler event... it's a spoof by the dev to make you originally think you have some kind of outcome choice... but you don't since Vinny has a gun (or prop gun) and only have choices on how you respond to the entire event.

Bottom line: it's not really a Brawler mini-game but the mod's code sometimes sees the spoof code and interprets as being a Brawler event. I never went back to fine-tune Vinny's event out (or I did and you aren't playing the most recent version of the mod, I can't remember being this early in the morning and I'm on my first cup of coffee).
thanks, I should have the latest mod version I think, I remember I updated both not too long ago coz I saw one or two maintenance updates

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
thanks, I should have the latest mod version I think, I remember I updated both not too long ago coz I saw one or two maintenance updates
Fair enough, I do need to fine-tune that mod portion of the minigame cheat button to not pop during that scene. At the end of the day it doesn't matter if you make physical contact with Vinnie (via the Brawler spoof) or not in that scene... it changes nothing but one or two lines of immediate dialogue. There are no vars altered, that I'm confident in saying 100%. Again, it's just a spoof interface inserted by Pink to throw off the Player so that they think they "might" be able to kick Vinnie's ass and change outcomes... but you can't, it's completely linear.

Reactions: Elduriel

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
Fair enough, I do need to fine-tune that mod portion of the minigame cheat button to not pop during that scene. At the end of the day it doesn't matter if you make physical contact with Vinnie (via the Brawler spoof) or not in that scene... it changes nothing but one or two lines of immediate dialogue. There are no vars altered, that I'm confident in saying 100%. Again, it's just a spoof interface inserted by Pink to throw off the Player so that they think they "might" be able to kick Vinnie's ass and change outcomes... but you can't, it's completely linear.
I actually wouldn't know that part (it being linear) since I always tried to fight the asshole :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Sancho1969

Vis117

Sep 22, 2019
Hello, is there a way to bypass the season 3 party minigame with the mod? Or is that something you are working on?

thank you!

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hello, is there a way to bypass the season 3 party minigame with the mod? Or is that something you are working on?

thank you!
For an elaborate/detailed explanation of the PartyPlanner cheat see the post here. For an example of where the cheat button is see the second thumbnail image in that post.

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
Does the mod change fighting skills in ep 10?
skills I don't think so, you need to level those up if you want as usual, it gives you an auto-win button (so if you are not into the fighting game anyway there is no need to bother with the skills, I haven't touched brawler in years myself :ROFLMAO: )

Donetali

May 13, 2023
Are there problems with the Party cheat? I selected the cheat option for episode 9, played everything and only got Rank C. I did it by myself the first time and got Rank C. So went back to an old save and replayed it. Got Rank C again with the cheat.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Are there problems with the Party cheat? I selected the cheat option for episode 9, played everything and only got Rank C. I did it by myself the first time and got Rank C. So went back to an old save and replayed it. Got Rank C again with the cheat.
It will depend on which perks you choose. The cheat is very dynamic and not brute forced by design (so I don't fuck up your saves or have Pink sabotage your saves). See the update post here for my personal recommendations, specifically having "Hard to Let Down" as one of them.

4.80 star(s) 12 Votes