Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK [S1/S2 v0.8.3 & S3 v0.10.1] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.80 star(s) 12 Votes

bmf702

Mar 9, 2024
this may be a stupid question but im new to modding and a little confused on the install process. any help would be great! also i am playin on the steam verison. i have tried to drag and drop from winrar but im not sure what i am doing wrong.the game wont start after.

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2023
Why hello there Sancho!

I have the GoG version with S2 + guides + GuideFix (which makes my version be 0.8.9 redux) and it works perfectly! No issues on the first run - that'll become relevant later - or while earning points for a path or branch. The thing is that the guide doesn't work on a second savegame, as I wear the "g" key or left click to a knob. The "Guide" button on the QuickMenu is displayed as "Guide [insert number]", in which "Insert number" is actually the guide's page that should have the actions described in the BaD. For instance, in Ep. 6, during DnG, the page is 56 since that's the first page for the endings, and therefore it says "Guide 56". Again: the hotkey or left clicking the button doesn't work.

I can't show a screenshot or replicate the situation since I had the idea of setting a hardsave right after naming MC and that makes the issue non-existent. It only happens on a fully new - second- save. I did try reinstalling and deleting the persistent files on both folders, to no avail. Did I bork something? Is something borked?

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Why hello there Sancho!

I have the GoG version with S2 + guides + GuideFix (which makes my version be 0.8.9 redux) and it works perfectly! No issues on the first run - that'll become relevant later - or while earning points for a path or branch. The thing is that the guide doesn't work on a second savegame, as I wear the "g" key or left click to a knob. The "Guide" button on the QuickMenu is displayed as "Guide [insert number]", in which "Insert number" is actually the guide's page that should have the actions described in the BaD. For instance, in Ep. 6, during DnG, the page is 56 since that's the first page for the endings, and therefore it says "Guide 56". Again: the hotkey or left clicking the button doesn't work.

I can't show a screenshot or replicate the situation since I had the idea of setting a hardsave right after naming MC and that makes the issue non-existent. It only happens on a fully new - second- save. I did try reinstalling and deleting the persistent files on both folders, to no avail. Did I bork something? Is something borked?
You're referencing the VN's Guide in the QuickMenu, right? If so clicking it simply turns that guide On/Off. If by hotkey you are referencing the "g" key, well then I have that set to turning the mod's ChoiceGuide On/Off. Give me a bit more clarification as the QM Guide number should always point to the correct PDF page number... if memory serves me correctly. That said I don't know what's in this "GuideFix" you mentioned. If you want/need to move this convo to PM then feel free to do so and I'll reply to it.

Mar 5, 2023
You're referencing the VN's Guide in the QuickMenu, right? If so clicking it simply turns that guide On/Off. If by hotkey you are referencing the "g" key, well then I have that set to turning the mod's ChoiceGuide On/Off. Give me a bit more clarification as the QM Guide number should always point to the correct PDF page number... if memory serves me correctly. That said I don't know what's in this "GuideFix" you mentioned. If you want/need to move this convo to PM then feel free to do so and I'll reply to it.
The VN's guide in Quick Menu, yeah. The hotkey I'm referencing is "g" indeed, and I need the Guide Fix (the one that you've kindly provided in #1,113) since I use the in-game guide for the exact locations of renders, and "g" on its own - with no Fix - toggles ChoiceGuide On/Off. Also, not having to Alt+Tab for the PDF or having it on my phone when I don't have to, is far easier and simpler IMO.

It does point to the correct PDF page number, but it makes the VN's Guide redundant for no reason... Clicking the button on QM or pressing "g" doesn't work. Maybe it works just fine on Steam version. IDK.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
The VN's guide in Quick Menu, yeah. The hotkey I'm referencing is "g" indeed, and I need the Guide Fix (the one that you've kindly provided in #1,113) since I use the in-game guide for the exact locations of renders, and "g" on its own - with no Fix - toggles ChoiceGuide On/Off. Also, not having to Alt+Tab for the PDF or having it on my phone when I don't have to, is far easier and simpler IMO.

It does point to the correct PDF page number, but it makes the VN's Guide redundant for no reason... Clicking the button on QM or pressing "g" doesn't work. Maybe it works just fine on Steam version. IDK.
Damn, the official guide fix I wrote... yeah, forgot about that I reckon. Here's my guess of what the problem is bud: That GuideFix I wrote in Feb2023, but I updated the mod for S1/2 in Dec2023 (complete revamp of mod Core). I bet dollars to donuts I wasn't thinking of the GuideFix and fucked up the "g" key for you to get the official guide to pop correctly. Damn. I'll have to check on that later and see what's what.

alvovo

Dec 16, 2023
Hi. When I play s3, I can't load the saved game from s2. It doesn't nowhere. Anyone knows how to do it? I'm on windows

_HPFi3@tMZJ

Mar 23, 2024
this may be a stupid question but im new to modding and a little confused on the install process. any help would be great! also i am playin on the steam verison. i have tried to drag and drop from winrar but im not sure what i am doing wrong.the game wont start after.
Same issue here, game won't launch. :/

Edit: After uninstalling, removing the mod files, then re-installing without the mod, the game works.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Same issue here, game won't launch. :/

Edit: After uninstalling, removing the mod files, then re-installing without the mod, the game works.
It's vital that the mod is only installed in the VN version the mod states it's for. This is likely your issue if there was any minor incremental Steam update to the VN. Steam allows you to choose which version of games to install so do that to insure correlated mod:VN versions.

zak176

Mar 31, 2024
I just want to say, "THANK YOU" from the bottom of my heart, man. I don't want to be a Chick about it, but DrPinkCake really put some complexity into this game, and I don't have the time to run it six different times to get everything. It's also pretty tough to know from save-to-save what your Relationship Status is with anyone or if you've crossed major lines that require going back. I still can't believe how invested I got into these characters and story and this was a really frustrating problem.

This is an amazing mod! I don't know how much time and work you've put into it or doing all the upkeep for the last few years, but please know you are deeply appreciated! I was looking at other mods and a commenter mentioned your mod as being far superior, and it seriously is! I'm glad I ran across his comment, and thanks for your hard work and dedication to a game and genre that don't typically get ANY support, let alone a robust mod with a lot of helpful features!

Thanks man. You're good people.

zak176

Mar 31, 2024
I did find one thing on the Steam version; the lower case "g" key is used for the in-game guide if you got the DLC guides, so using your mod negates the in-game guides. It'd be nice to use both just plan out in advance what all the stats need to be for particular scenes, is there a way to change the game's keybinds or yours in your mod?

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I did find one thing on the Steam version; the lower case "g" key is used for the in-game guide if you got the DLC guides, so using your mod negates the in-game guides. It'd be nice to use both just plan out in advance what all the stats need to be for particular scenes, is there a way to change the game's keybinds or yours in your mod?
If you're on S1/S2 of BaDIK, see a few posts up here bud.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Thank you for the incredibly fast reply, and the info is much appreciated! I'll download the fix.
Whoa up a second bud... I haven't sorted it yet. I'm sure I know the issue and can do so but that maintenance update is still in the que. I'm still updating other mods at the moment.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020

Okay fellas, let's try something here please (when you get a chance). Disregard (and remove if you've implemented it) the "YouNeedTheOfficialGuide" fix found in post #1,112. That worked in the old Core but is missing vital code that will almost certainly bork SanchoCheats.

I've looked at this again and although I can't physically test it here I think this will work. DL and place the content of the attached zip inside the "/game" folder of the VN while the game is not running. Then fire up the VN and load a save. Now (in theory) you should be able to press the "Guide" button in the Quick Menu (bottom of screen) then press "z" instead of "g".

Let me know if this works at all... I think it will but unsure. If it works then it should work in both S1/S2 and S3. If it doesn't work then simply delete the file, no harm will be done.

estoycansado

Apr 13, 2024
Hello, Sancho. You've been "snooping around" in the DPC code for quite some time. Have you found any lines of code that detect console usage?

I know that if you mess with the console to be on all routes, the game breaks. But my question is not about that; it's about whether there's any way to detect console use at all.

Because I only use it to change:

money = x
RP(character) = x

To unlock 2D art, enable or disable simple choices. I don't mess with anything that would break the game.

If you could answer me, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hello, Sancho. You've been "snooping around" in the DPC code for quite some time. Have you found any lines of code that detect console usage?

I know that if you mess with the console to be on all routes, the game breaks. But my question is not about that; it's about whether there's any way to detect console use at all.

Because I only use it to change:

money = x
RP(character) = x

To unlock 2D art, enable or disable simple choices. I don't mess with anything that would break the game.

If you could answer me, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you.
I'd be more concerned with the way you are supposedly changing "money". That's going to fuck up your saves more so than worrying about any dev timebombs or traps imho. You see, money is set via a Python function in a series of steps, not simply brute changed as you put: "money = x". Throughout the entire VN (and in SanchoMod cheats BTW) it is set via the function "mny". This is the ONLY way money should be set.... or you risk totally fucking things up, especially the wallet (which is correlated to money).

NoirRoinNoir

Mar 19, 2024
Hello Sancho, I am new in this copying/pasting files, I have BaDIK downloaded/bought from Steam. I tried copying/pasting your files on the BaDIK directory. I pressed "Start" and it doesn't work. Help Please. d5ff3a52-3b48-4e3a-8556-1a8e8030e804.jpg

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hello Sancho, I am new in this copying/pasting files, I have BaDIK downloaded/bought from Steam. I tried copying/pasting your files on the BaDIK directory. I pressed "Start" and it doesn't work. Help Please. View attachment 3574712
Well, the place to begin in your case is that the screen grab you offer has never been attempted to start. Whenever a RenPy game starts there are a few steps that it performs before even initializing the game code itself, including the creation of a log file which isn't present in your submitted pic. So, you should start there, by actually (physically if necessary) starting the executable file "BeaingADIK.exe".

4.80 star(s) 12 Votes