• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Mod Flash Abandoned Behind The Dune - Jessica Revision Mod [10dlorenzo]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

bubsdixon98

Oct 6, 2019
Do other mods of this wonderful game existing? I've seen CripsyKing's pretty much abandoned attempt for this game as well as d10lorenzo's great mod, but I'm just curious if anyone knows of any other mods to this game...

10dlorenzo

Jun 9, 2017
Do other mods of this wonderful game existing? I've seen CripsyKing's pretty much abandoned attempt for this game as well as d10lorenzo's great mod, but I'm just curious if anyone knows of any other mods to this game...
There was one that had a couple of art improvements (Jessica having nipples in her titjob scene, among other things) , but I used that one as a base to make my mod, so you have already seen what it offered.
Pd. If you find out about any other mods for this game, share them here, friend.

Duriel

Aug 25, 2017
Please remember this is a short game with limitted resources and snippets of art
here and there that devs get to fiddle with.

We are not talking any production material or team involved,
just afficionados doing their kink a favor from time to time.

Games are like movies on a minute scale.

You just cannot fill the gaps well enough without making a repetitive grind
where players tend to lose focus in the actual purpose of the game
with each mini game raffle spoiling the fun.

Dev wanted to get his ideas across and I believe he succeeded.

He may not be Shakespeare or Cuelho on the twisted words of seduction but...

Game oN!
There was one that had a couple of art improvements (Jessica having nipples in her titjob scene, among other things) , but I used that one as a base to make my mod, so you have already seen what it offered.
Pd. If you find out about any other mods for this game, share them here, friend.
Speaking of mods 10dlorenzo would you have any "getting started" or tutorial recommendations for modding Behind the Dunes and games like it in general? I guess some people might also feel compelled to try their hand if they knew they could or had something to start from.

10dlorenzo

Jun 9, 2017
Speaking of mods 10dlorenzo would you have any "getting started" or tutorial recommendations for modding Behind the Dunes and games like it in general? I guess some people might also feel compelled to try their hand if they knew they could or had something to start from.
For starters, you'll need JPEXS Free Flash Decompiler (avaliable online for download). Open it and then open the .swf file of Behind the Dune that you want to modify (my mod can also be modified by this method)
Once the program decompiles the file, you'll se the various folders of the game itself (images, sprites, shapes, scripts, etc.)
If you want to make a graphical mod, you'll have to extract the images or shapes that combined make the sprite that you want to modify, edit them on some picture-editing program (photoshop will suffice) and then replace them in the game.
If you want to make a text mod (ah, I see you are a man of culture as well) then you'll have to edit stuff on the scripts folder. To find the line of text you want to edit the program has a helpful search option under "tools". If you know something about coding you might also be able to add new options to the dialogues (I barely know how to do this).
Last but not least, I STRONGLY advice you to make a backup of the file you are editing once you edit something successfully. The program is prone to crashing and corrupting the file, which caused me to lose progress every so often when I made the first version of the mod.
And, of course, if you make something that you consider decent, share it with us! Half the joy of making this mod was to see how much people enjoyed my changes.

Duriel

Aug 25, 2017
And, of course, if you make something that you consider decent, share it with us! Half the joy of making this mod was to see how much people enjoyed my changes.
That's some really helpful infos right there, also quite motivating, thank you so much for sharing!

I'm pretty sure the coding part might feel a bit daunting to those with no experience with it, if you'd like and happen to have a few free minutes, even a crude explanation on how to add said dialogue options would be greatly appreciated by anyone wanting to expand on the existing characters.

Reactions: 10dlorenzo

10dlorenzo

Jun 9, 2017
That's some really helpful infos right there, also quite motivating, thank you so much for sharing!

I'm pretty sure the coding part might feel a bit daunting to those with no experience with it, if you'd like and happen to have a few free minutes, even a crude explanation on how to add said dialogue options would be greatly appreciated by anyone wanting to expand on the existing characters.
To be honest, I don't remember the exact coding, it's been a while since I've edited text in the mod. I'll check this weekend, but I do remember it being easy to replicate.
If I remember correctly, you could search for a line of text that Jessica says while Paul interacts with her, for example, and you'll find the possible responses of Paul to said line. If you copy one of the lines and paste it below the others and then edit the text, you'll then have a new response for the same line. Things got complicated, though, with dialogues that require various interventions for both actors (aka Jessica says A, Paul answers B, then Jessica says C, then Paul says D, then Jessica ends with E) That stuff got really complicated if memory serves me right, but stuff like Jessica says A, Paul says B and then Jessica ends with C was easy to do.

Reactions: Duriel and Chipote

10dlorenzo

Jun 9, 2017

Well, after checking, this is what a dialogue in Dune looks like:
{
this.phrase = new Array();
this.phrase[0] = ["Yes, my dear?","joie"];
this.phrase.push(["Let me see your breasts, my love.","naked_jess"]);
this.phrase.push(["I\'d like you to wrap your breasts around my cock.","reverend05"]);
this.phrase.push(["Get on your knees and suck my cock.","jessica_suck","fel_voice"]);
this.phrase.push(["I want to fuck you, my love.","coit"]);
this.phrase.push(["How about we put your backdoor to good use?","ghola_reveil5"]);
this.phrase.push(["Let\'s have some fun with you on top.","jessica_suck","jess_rides"]);
}

As you can guess, this is the dialogue options that Jessica has while she's fully romanced. The starting line (what the character that Paul interacts to says) is usually preceded by " this.phrase[0] = ". Paul's responses go below said line and are usually preceded by "this.phrase.push". As you can see, you can add new responses by simply adding lines that start with "this.phrase.push".
Now, you are probably wondering "and what the hell are those "joie", "naked_jess", "coit" and all that other stuff that is in the lines after the text that Paul is supposed to say?". Those are keywords that can either lead to a scene, another dialogue, or simply show a specific emotion on the person that Paul interacts with. For example, if you put "joie" after the text Jessica says, she will smile while/after saying it, like in the first line ( this.phrase[0] = ["Yes, my dear?","joie"]; ), while "coit" will lead to the vaginal scene of the girl that Paul is talking to, and "naked_jess" will reveal Jessica's breasts. These are a few examples of the keywords of Dune, there are many more.

Honestly, though, if you don't have experience in coding like I did when I started the mod, I would advise to start with something easier:

this.phrase[0] = ["I\'m listening.","normal"];
this.phrase.push(["You look ravishing today, mother.","epuise","Oh, Paul, thank you... You really know how to make mommy feel special.","joie"]);

This is an example of a "Character says A, Paul says B, Character ends with C" type of dialogue. It makes use of the "epuise" keyword, which you need to put between Paul's response and the other character's ending line. As you can see, it's way simpler to do.

I would like to explain more, but honestly I find it difficult to put into words what and how you need to do this in order to do it correclty. I feel like dialogue editing is more of a "learn by doing" kind of thing. Sorry if this explanation wasn't particularly clear and/or useful.

voidsocks

Aug 29, 2019
Well, after checking, this is what a dialogue in Dune looks like:
{
this.phrase = new Array();
this.phrase[0] = ["Yes, my dear?","joie"];
this.phrase.push(["Let me see your breasts, my love.","naked_jess"]);
this.phrase.push(["I\'d like you to wrap your breasts around my cock.","reverend05"]);
this.phrase.push(["Get on your knees and suck my cock.","jessica_suck","fel_voice"]);
this.phrase.push(["I want to fuck you, my love.","coit"]);
this.phrase.push(["How about we put your backdoor to good use?","ghola_reveil5"]);
this.phrase.push(["Let\'s have some fun with you on top.","jessica_suck","jess_rides"]);
}

As you can guess, this is the dialogue options that Jessica has while she's fully romanced. The starting line (what the character that Paul interacts to says) is usually preceded by " this.phrase[0] = ". Paul's responses go below said line and are usually preceded by "this.phrase.push". As you can see, you can add new responses by simply adding lines that start with "this.phrase.push".
Now, you are probably wondering "and what the hell are those "joie", "naked_jess", "coit" and all that other stuff that is in the lines after the text that Paul is supposed to say?". Those are keywords that can either lead to a scene, another dialogue, or simply show a specific emotion on the person that Paul interacts with. For example, if you put "joie" after the text Jessica says, she will smile while/after saying it, like in the first line ( this.phrase[0] = ["Yes, my dear?","joie"]; ), while "coit" will lead to the vaginal scene of the girl that Paul is talking to, and "naked_jess" will reveal Jessica's breasts. These are a few examples of the keywords of Dune, there are many more.

Honestly, though, if you don't have experience in coding like I did when I started the mod, I would advise to start with something easier:

this.phrase[0] = ["I\'m listening.","normal"];
this.phrase.push(["You look ravishing today, mother.","epuise","Oh, Paul, thank you... You really know how to make mommy feel special.","joie"]);

This is an example of a "Character says A, Paul says B, Character ends with C" type of dialogue. It makes use of the "epuise" keyword, which you need to put between Paul's response and the other character's ending line. As you can see, it's way simpler to do.

I would like to explain more, but honestly I find it difficult to put into words what and how you need to do this in order to do it correclty. I feel like dialogue editing is more of a "learn by doing" kind of thing. Sorry if this explanation wasn't particularly clear and/or useful.
Holy man. First thing I want to say. You are awesome. when I first played behind the dune I was looking for something like this.

But I do have a question. Do you know how to make dialogue lead to an animation? The new scenes you made with Alia and the reverend mother are great, but it’s hard to stay immersed when switching to browser (even with shortcuts). I saw in a previous comment saying you were unable to do so and was wondering if that changed. Even if you don’t know but know the general direction to go I’m willing to learn in order to make this happen. Thanks!

10dlorenzo

Jun 9, 2017
Holy man. First thing I want to say. You are awesome. when I first played behind the dune I was looking for something like this.

But I do have a question. Do you know how to make dialogue lead to an animation? The new scenes you made with Alia and the reverend mother are great, but it’s hard to stay immersed when switching to browser (even with shortcuts). I saw in a previous comment saying you were unable to do so and was wondering if that changed. Even if you don’t know but know the general direction to go I’m willing to learn in order to make this happen. Thanks!
The problem is not that I don't know how to make a dialogue lead to a scene, the problem is that I don't know how to add new scenes to the game (how to code them so the game runs them)

voidsocks

Aug 29, 2019
The problem is not that I don't know how to make a dialogue lead to a scene, the problem is that I don't know how to add new scenes to the game (how to code them so the game runs them)
I asked my friend on discord and he said he may be able to help.

I see that you have been able to make your new animations play (Alia Bj), so when you made that did you just replace the old scene by replacing the files it used to create the animation, or is the problem that you don't know how to make gifs into animations within the game?

10dlorenzo

Jun 9, 2017
I asked my friend on discord and he said he may be able to help.

I see that you have been able to make your new animations play (Alia Bj), so when you made that did you just replace the old scene by replacing the files it used to create the animation, or is the problem that you don't know how to make gifs into animations within the game?
First of all, dude, I believe you are getting ahead of yourself. I never asked for help or said that if I knew how to add scenes I was going to work on them now. The situation changed, I have a job now and very little time to spare on my hobbies, let alone on improving the mod (especially considering that I am kind of satisfied with what my mod has to offer right now)
If your friend wants to teach you/do the coding himself, I wish the best of luck for both of you, but don't expect me getting involved in that business.
Regarding your question, I extracted the images that composed Chani's blowjob, edited them in photoshop so she looked like Alia and replaced them in the game afterwards.

10dlorenzo

Jun 9, 2017
Welp, gentleman, I have run into a problem that I haven't anticipated...
pic.png
As you can see, Jessica's tidied hair doesn't fit in the picture while respecting the right proportions. This means, unfortunately, that I'm not going to be able to do that version of the titjob. Sorry about that.
That also means, though, that since the other version is done, I'm going to be able to post it tomorrow, after adding it to the "Animations" file.
So, yeah. See you guys tomorrow.

bubsdixon98

Oct 6, 2019
View attachment 578859
As you can see, Jessica's tidied hair doesn't fit in the picture while respecting the right proportions. This means, unfortunately, that I'm not going to be able to do that version of the titjob. Sorry about that.
That also means, though, that since the other version is done, I'm going to be able to post it tomorrow, after adding it to the "Animations" file.
Can't say I'm not disappointed, but I offer many thanks in your great service of creating this mod.
ph6tpojfd5y11.jpg

Reactions: SkiTz0 and Chipote

Duriel

Aug 25, 2017
View attachment 578859
That's unfortunate indeed, although I believe in the latest version of Behind the dune her tied hair was shrinked enough to probably accomodate that size, might be wrong, but I remember them being significantly shrinked.

10dlorenzo

Jun 9, 2017
That's unfortunate indeed, although I believe in the latest version of Behind the dune her tied hair was shrinked enough to probably accomodate that size, might be wrong, but I remember them being significantly shrinked.
I was using that one.

10dlorenzo

Jun 9, 2017
Greetings, lads. As promised, here is the Animations file with Jessica's titjob (As usual, it's not much, but i hope you enjoy it):

This is also most likely the last update I'm going to make to the mod. This last update felt more like a chore than anything else, and yes, it was partly because I don't have that much free time anymore, but more importantly, because I lacked the motivation to do it. This felt like something I had to do, instead of something I wanted to do. And let's be honest, a hobby shouldn't ever feel like that.
With that being said, I hope you guys enjoy what little my mod has acomplished. Thanks to all of you who have expressed their liking for my work these past few months.

hakulaku97

Mar 13, 2019
Greetings, lads. As promised, here is the Animations file with Jessica's titjob (As usual, it's not much, but i hope you enjoy it):

This is also most likely the last update I'm going to make to the mod. This last update felt more like a chore than anything else, and yes, it was partly because I don't have that much free time anymore, but more importantly, because I lacked the motivation to do it. This felt like something I had to do, instead of something I wanted to do. And let's be honest, a hobby shouldn't ever feel like that.
With that being said, I hope you guys enjoy what little my mod has acomplished. Thanks to all of you who have expressed their liking for my work these past few months.
man sad to here :cry:
but you are right a hobby should not feel that way so thanks for all you did, you are awesome :love:(y)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote