f96zonetrooper

Engaged Member
Dec 21, 2018
The game features a huge variety of icons symbolizing the consequences of choices ...

- Some of the icons are really small but have details, so they are too small, while other less detailed ones are fine.
- It would be nice to have more information ingame what the icons stand for. (I had to look at the filenames in Becoming Prom Queen\images\icons for some icons.)
- If mc is in a group and choices may affect several persons, it may be not clear which person is affected.
- Sometimes it may not be obvious if the stat change affects the other person or the mc.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: deluges and iev

Kjct

Jul 27, 2020
From what I’ve played so far, the game is a bit of a grind. For a corruption game, that’s not necessarily a bad thing, but right now, I feel like I’m spending a lot of time checking the schedule and watching the clock to make sure I don’t miss trigger events.

While that is one gripe, my biggest gripe is working the cafe. I feel like I’m being trained to be a barista in RL. Dev, can you please make it so the character just makes the damn drink so I don’t have to search the internet to find out what goes in every coffee drink? Adding this grind to a game that already has a high ratio of grind to eroticism made me give up before my in-game character had done anything besides masturbate.

Lastly, I’m not convinced this really is a corruption game at all (maybe I just didn’t go far enough). Jasmine tells me to do things and I either jump on the bandwagon or don’t. i didn‘t see anything to compel me to take the corrupt path. It’s either the PC chooses to be a slut or not, and if you choose to be a slut, you’re just grinding to the next lewd event.

While it seems I’m just being critical, I do see a lot of promise in the ambition here. I fear this game may become too complicated and bugs will become more prevalent or storylines will end up contradicting each other. Hopefully you will view this as constructive criticism and have the ability/will to see this through successfully. Good luck!

The Nook Erotica

Creator of Becoming Prom Queen
Game Developer
Nov 16, 2023
Thank you everyone for your comments
When it comes to the bugs that have been mentioned, I have fixed them all, and the upcoming bugfix should solve everything for y'all.
Currently, we are at only 2 months of content, so don't expect any classes to be prepared for March, including the group project classes or the Bekham classes. These will come in later updates.
When it comes to stats and their effects on the gameplay, most relevant stats are present in the right side UI. The other ones are NPC-specific and some are even hidden. Furthermore, some choices with multiple characters do have multiple effect on different friendships, but then again one can always expect what kind of effect that would be on each one. Going into detail would remove from the player's ability to actually play the game and discover what their choices might bring.

The Nook Erotica

Game Developer
Nov 16, 2023
From what I’ve played so far, the game is a bit of a grind. For a corruption game, that’s not necessarily a bad thing, but right now, I feel like I’m spending a lot of time checking the schedule and watching the clock to make sure I don’t miss trigger events.

While that is one gripe, my biggest gripe is working the cafe. I feel like I’m being trained to be a barista in RL. Dev, can you please make it so the character just makes the damn drink so I don’t have to search the internet to find out what goes in every coffee drink? Adding this grind to a game that already has a high ratio of grind to eroticism made me give up before my in-game character had done anything besides masturbate.

Lastly, I’m not convinced this really is a corruption game at all (maybe I just didn’t go far enough). Jasmine tells me to do things and I either jump on the bandwagon or don’t. i didn‘t see anything to compel me to take the corrupt path. It’s either the PC chooses to be a slut or not, and if you choose to be a slut, you’re just grinding to the next lewd event.

While it seems I’m just being critical, I do see a lot of promise in the ambition here. I fear this game may become too complicated and bugs will become more prevalent or storylines will end up contradicting each other. Hopefully you will view this as constructive criticism and have the ability/will to see this through successfully. Good luck!
I appreciate the detailed message you've shared, and thank you for writing this.
The coffee shop scenes were somewhat of placeholders, events that would make the player feel like they earned the new job. I'll rework these in a later update to include a hint somehow. I understand how it might be frustrating for some, and I am sorry that was your experience with it.
The corruption comes with stats, and as a start we cannot immediately become sluts. The games that give you the option to simply sleep with anyone are indeed not corruption games since the MC is already corrupted.
The eroticism is something that builds up, and that's what usually gives this kind of game the flair of corruption.
Further down the line, your MC has blocked off options based on how open or how much of a prude she is. I know people would rather sometimes dive right into the naughty bits, but exposing the world and the characters there is important for me to really set the tone. I often look for change as a highly appealing aspect of corruption, a before and after that simply reveals so much beauty and sexual energy.
The whole point of this game is for it to eventually become complicated, with the player having to make tough decisions of fidelity against depravity, but that comes at a later date.
Despite lowering the amount of grind as much as I possibly could without affecting gameplay, I still am faced with hard choices like the ones you present, where simply going to school and back might be too much sometimes. I'll see what I can do to make it better for you. Again, thank you for the comment, I truly appreciate the discourse.

Reactions: deluges

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
My first bit of feedback is fix the images. They are radically different sizes. Choose a single size and then take the time to resize them all to that. If you have smaller images use one of the reverse image searching tools and find a bigger size of that images.

Also I would strongly recommend use one image type, jpg, png etc what ever and convert them all to that, much easier in the long run to keep track of that and not make coding mistakes. I mean you already rename the images so it is no harder than that.

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
Ok I have to say the job at the coffee shop is really annoying. I don't want to have to learn how to make coffee in RL to play a game. I think that is a really bad design, the character should know things that we the player doesn't like this. I mean it's not like I know how to put on makeup and shouldn't to play someone that wears makeup.

Also the rest of the game is fairly grindy right now, it is a lot of rinse and repeat the same events over and over. With just a few new events here and there.

Reactions: iev

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
After 4 weeks and very little happening I stopped, because I was suppose to meet Yara i think her name is at the mall but the scene was broken.

J1215

Dec 15, 2019
femdom and lezdom content are both planned for future updates, with loads of hints to them currently in the game, with Yara and Eva specifically.
There will be more content of the sort as time goes by and I can get into the juicy bits of corruption content, starting month 3 in-game and above.
Same goes for the sissy tag, which depending on player choices will be taking place with Leo, as his road might take him down a masculine, trans, or sissy path.
The player is the one who will choose what will be happening to all their friends, with every choice shaping the story as we go.
It would be great if it was possible that a FemMC (female protagonist) could be (become) the dominant FemMC. Is this possible (will it be possible) in the game?

Kjct

Jul 27, 2020
I appreciate the detailed message you've shared, and thank you for writing this.
The coffee shop scenes were somewhat of placeholders, events that would make the player feel like they earned the new job. I'll rework these in a later update to include a hint somehow. I understand how it might be frustrating for some, and I am sorry that was your experience with it.
The corruption comes with stats, and as a start we cannot immediately become sluts. The games that give you the option to simply sleep with anyone are indeed not corruption games since the MC is already corrupted.
The eroticism is something that builds up, and that's what usually gives this kind of game the flair of corruption.
Further down the line, your MC has blocked off options based on how open or how much of a prude she is. I know people would rather sometimes dive right into the naughty bits, but exposing the world and the characters there is important for me to really set the tone. I often look for change as a highly appealing aspect of corruption, a before and after that simply reveals so much beauty and sexual energy.
The whole point of this game is for it to eventually become complicated, with the player having to make tough decisions of fidelity against depravity, but that comes at a later date.
Despite lowering the amount of grind as much as I possibly could without affecting gameplay, I still am faced with hard choices like the ones you present, where simply going to school and back might be too much sometimes. I'll see what I can do to make it better for you. Again, thank you for the comment, I truly appreciate the discourse.
I really am rooting for you. Apologies if I sounded harsh at all. Often difficult to get a sense of tone from many of these comments. I’ve played hundreds of these games on this site, and too often these games become abandoned failures or the dev just seems to lose the motivation to put as much care into the product compared to when they started, leaving people like me even more cautious about which devs to support.

One of the biggest problems I see with corruption games is many devs don’t seem to have a plan on how to end (or continue) the game once the player has reached a certain level of depravity. The game loses its intrigue at that point where it’s no longer a corruption game and just mindless sex.

Again, really hoping your project goes well; I like the premise! Will be sad if this becomes another “abandoned” at version 0.65

The Nook Erotica

Game Developer
Nov 16, 2023
It would be great if it was possible that a FemMC (female protagonist) could be (become) the dominant FemMC. Is this possible (will it be possible) in the game?
That is already planned, as the submissive/dominant stat will inform on the kind of scenes we'll see in that regard.

Reactions: J1215

The Nook Erotica

Game Developer
Nov 16, 2023
I really am rooting for you. Apologies if I sounded harsh at all. Often difficult to get a sense of tone from many of these comments. I’ve played hundreds of these games on this site, and too often these games become abandoned failures or the dev just seems to lose the motivation to put as much care into the product compared to when they started, leaving people like me even more cautious about which devs to support.

One of the biggest problems I see with corruption games is many devs don’t seem to have a plan on how to end (or continue) the game once the player has reached a certain level of depravity. The game loses its intrigue at that point where it’s no longer a corruption game and just mindless sex.

Again, really hoping your project goes well; I like the premise! Will be sad if this becomes another “abandoned” at version 0.65
Simply put, I have no life to deter me from the game, not in the foreseeable future (that being a year from now).
I already know the endgame of the game, which comes at prom, with prologues after to wrap up stories and say what we've reached. I know that the whole story will be done by June (in-game), which is exactly what I set out to do from the start.
So as you're saying, yes, loads of developers find difficulty in keeping their own interest in their game, and I am working in a way that I would never reach that point.

The Nook Erotica

Game Developer
Nov 16, 2023
After 4 weeks and very little happening I stopped, because I was suppose to meet Yara i think her name is at the mall but the scene was broken.
Fixed that issue, and far as coding goes for up to two months you have something new to do ever day as the classes change with each creating a choice that would impact you or other characters. I'm also adding more classes in the upcoming update but appreciate your multiple comments and am working on solving these issues the best I can.

deluges

Dec 28, 2018
I'm pretty sure this is already a part of the game as you can receive dominance points.

Reactions: J1215

deluges

Dec 28, 2018
Overall, really solid foundation upon which to build on. I worked in a cafe / coffee shop so I wasn't too bothered by the cafe tests and actually liked that they brought some level of engagement to something that's usually just "click to work".

I'll have to redownload since the fixes as that was my biggest issue with the game so far.

deluges

Dec 28, 2018
The game features a huge variety of icons symbolizing the consequences of choices ...

- Some of the icons are really small but have details, so they are too small, while other less detailed ones are fine.
- It would be nice to have more information ingame what the icons stand for. (I had to look at the filenames in Becoming Prom Queen\images\icons for some icons.)
- If mc is in a group and choices may affect several persons, it may be not clear which person is affected.
- Sometimes it may not be obvious if the stat change affects the other person or the mc.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I'm confused by the notification one that I see for the park. Does that mean we need to go to the park and use our phone?

ShazSter12

Jul 19, 2020
Damn, the last 2 days have been really great for female protagonist and corruption fans like myself. Thanks for sharing!
I just hope there's no over the top bbc bs, I'm not really into that...

Edit:
87 mb? Ok, I'll come back in 2 years if the game still exists....
Do you have any recommended list?

Gizmoman

Jan 27, 2018
This is my game, I didn't approve this posting.
That is sorta the deal with the site, you can't get your game removed from it, but if you feel like it you can usually keep the OP post yourself use that to your advantage.

I have not tried the game yet, but it looks cool, saw the initial post on tfgs in december or so and made a note to check it out if it got more fleshed.
Anyways, thanks for the game and good luck in the future.

• Red Heart
Reactions: The Nook Erotica

The Nook Erotica

Game Developer
Nov 16, 2023
Overall, really solid foundation upon which to build on. I worked in a cafe / coffee shop so I wasn't too bothered by the cafe tests and actually liked that they brought some level of engagement to something that's usually just "click to work".

I'll have to redownload since the fixes as that was my biggest issue with the game so far.
Thanks for all the comments,
Yes the cafe "minigame" if you can call it that is quite simple, but I understand people's uneasiness towards it. I'll eventually work to improve it with the smarts stats probably making it easier in trainings.
Beyond that, the park notification is for the player to meet Yara there after agreeing to work out with her.

3.50 star(s) 4 Votes