i1269496

May 31, 2018
Unfortunately the game balance in the revamp is still not good. It's way too easy to reach full success by just dumb clicking. There's no any challenge, unlike the original game.

Cube-Chan

Jun 6, 2017
So, I downloaded the Modded version but the Mod Manager is empty.
Is that supposed to be like that?

Ashford

Feb 11, 2018
I'm not sure if this necro is appropriate or not. But someone requested the latest version on another forum, so I will share the link here as well:

No major changes, mostly fixes and updated to Renpy 8/python3. Mods will most likely not work.

Cheers,
Ash

twsaber

Jul 16, 2020
Shift + O abiliterà la cheat console.

Cash = 1000 imposterà i tuoi soldi su 1000, o qualunque cosa tu lo imposti.

Il resto può essere cambiato normalmente come morale = 100 o qualcosa del genere.
[/CITAZIONE]
E per usarli da android?

Ashford

Feb 11, 2018
Name yourself "debug" and you get access to the debug menu. You should be able to change everything there. It should work on android, but I had nothing to do with that version, so I can't promise anything.

Cheers,
Ash

katmandomo

Feb 10, 2018
This game has me completely stumped. I'm starting the game out and it is pretty clear that it going to be a long grind to get the stats up, especially stats like Deviance, Morale, and Discipline. It seems like there are more events that drop Morale than there are ones that raise it, and the only stats I can really boost in the early game are Academics and Athletics.

Ok, fine. I guess you need to build better buildings before you get events that boost those stats. That's pretty typical. So I have to grind out a few months or years of repetitive boring events before unlocking the good stuff. That's hardly unusual in a game like this. I wish there was a way to make money other than waiting for the pittance you get at the end of the month though, since it seems like most upgrades are gated behind the cash grind.

Anyway, I'm doing ok at this and then suddenly the school randomly burns down and it's game over. Did I miss some event? What caused this to happen?!? Did having morale too low for too long trigger it? Then I see that there is a New Game+ option and I go "oh! so that was supposed to happen and I'll resume with a bunch of stuff carried over from the previous game!" But then I do the NG+ start and it...is exactly the same as the original start. I don't even get a chance to save that lady who got run over on day 3?!? What is the plus part of this new game? So I think maybe this time I can avoid burning down the school, so I start the boring early game grind again and just as I'm starting to make a little progress...the school burns down again.

At this point I'm completely lost. How are you supposed to play a very long stat grinder when it hits you with a random game over very early in the grind?

As a rule I don't use cheats or save scum when doing an initial play through so it doesn't taint my review of the game, but I'm at a total loss as to how this game is supposed to be played. The obvious stat grind gameplay doesn't work, so I figure there must be something I'm missing.

For the record I am playing the modded version as it was supposed to have more content. Were some of the mods just poorly considered? Is there a way to turn off the "random gameover early and always with no way to stop it" mod?

Ashford

Feb 11, 2018
Hey katmandomo,

Sorry to hear about the confusion, but I agree that the game doesn't teach you the basics. Depending on version (do you have coloured orbs?) there might be a phone that gives you a few text messages trying to give you some basic info.

Please keep in mind that I haven't touched the game in years, so my memory might be a bit fuzzy (and I don't know what the mods change).

This game has me completely stumped. I'm starting the game out and it is pretty clear that it going to be a long grind to get the stats up, especially stats like Deviance, Morale, and Discipline. It seems like there are more events that drop Morale than there are ones that raise it, and the only stats I can really boost in the early game are Academics and Athletics.
You need to play the game slowly, any deviant behaviour before inhibition or deviance has reached a certain point will result in negative morale. Keep in mind that the policy tab can help you out a lot in the early game.

Anyway, I'm doing ok at this and then suddenly the school randomly burns down and it's game over. Did I miss some event? What caused this to happen?!? Did having morale too low for too long trigger it?
Correct, low morale (and/or behaviour?) after 90 in game days gives a percentage to have the school burn down. Lower stats increase chance of fire. Buildings and policy can help you avoid this.
I do believe I added a "fire insurance", that will instead prompt a different event before the school day starts.

Then I see that there is a New Game+ option and I go "oh! so that was supposed to happen and I'll resume with a bunch of stuff carried over from the previous game!" But then I do the NG+ start and it...is exactly the same as the original start. I don't even get a chance to save that lady who got run over on day 3?!? What is the plus part of this new game?
Oh, New Game gives you access to weirder events and new responses in some events. Some of the responses are only to shorten previous story events, or allow you to shoot yourself in the foot, e.g. by firing Jack. In the beginning these events were written while drunk, but during later development the NG+ check was used for a bit of everything, including unlocking clubs. If there are achievements in the game, it should give you info what has been unlocked for specific endings.

The girl will always die, it's part of the story I never finished.

For the record I am playing the modded version as it was supposed to have more content. Were some of the mods just poorly considered? Is there a way to turn off the "random gameover early and always with no way to stop it" mod?
As the developer, I am sorry to say no. The game is kinda wonky and silly, but playing it safe should allow you to unlock everything. Remember that the Ctrl button skips previously seen events and will help with the grind.

I hope this helps a bit, and thank you for playing the game all these years later.

Cheers,
Ash

3.00 star(s) 1 Vote