RPGM Abandoned Appolline Remake [Alpha CC] [Payne786]

3.00 star(s) 7 Votes

HeroHate

Oct 10, 2019
There seems to be a thousand characters to choose from again I think? I hope when it comes out next its not the same scenes rehashed yet again.

Reactions: AnyName'llDo

johnyakuza1

Jun 5, 2022
There seems to be a thousand characters to choose from again I think? I hope when it comes out next its not the same scenes rehashed yet again.
Yes, there are tons of appearance choices, but this time the dev is also making each appearance have their own path, different scenes, and different characters they meet (maybe unique story too but I'm not sure.)

The only concerning thing is, the more choices, the more work there is, and more work means more chances for payne786 to feel burnt out.

0.04 itself has taken over 5 months and counting. It might be a sizeable update, sure, but every update after it will also need the same amount of time, content and effort put into it.

You must set up the DAZ scene manually for every model, make the lighting look good, render it and then also edit the images for final touchups. Knowing how long those DAZ renders take, unless you have a beefy PC with a good GPU, each render can take minutes to hours depending on their complexity. This will be multiplied by every appearance there is. I am not even considering the part about electricity bills and keeping your PC running all the time, every single day.

It's pretty safe to say that future versions will also require the same amount of time and effort to release, if not less.

Last edited:

johnyakuza1

Jun 5, 2022
Not a fan of the game it merged with.
It is indeed a shame we'll never see this game to its full potential. It had a terrible development, and the dev lost all interest in it, which is why he's trying something different with Iris Indigo.

I'm not a fan of playing as a 35-year-old woman, having a horny midlife crisis. I would've preferred the teen setting like Appolline, but it is what it is.

His games are very unique which is why I'll continue to follow Iris; the renders are excellent so far.

HeroHate

Oct 10, 2019
It is indeed a shame we'll never see this game to its full potential. It had a terrible development, and the dev lost all interest in it, which is why he's trying something different with Iris Indigo.

I'm not a fan of playing as a 35-year-old woman, having a horny midlife crisis. I would've preferred the teen setting like Appolline, but it is what it is.

His games are very unique which is why I'll continue to follow Iris; the renders are excellent so far.
It put me off, the character seemed to go on about the fact she'd done it all already, where's the fun in that? When I played the new thing I found little to no content in it? All they had to do was continue what they were doing, have multiple characters having different adventures, crossing over then and now for special events. Every time time I played it was the same scenes rehashed, I had hopes for it, may be it'll pan out okay and surprise me, but I won't hold my breath sadly.

• Sad
Reactions: johnyakuza1

johnyakuza1

Jun 5, 2022
It put me off, the character seemed to go on about the fact she'd done it all already, where's the fun in that? When I played the new thing I found little to no content in it? All they had to do was continue what they were doing, have multiple characters having different adventures, crossing over then and now for special events. Every time time I played it was the same scenes rehashed, I had hopes for it, may be it'll pan out okay and surprise me, but I won't hold my breath sadly.
The dev posted an update on Iris thread, just shortly after our comments.

Appolline has been merged with Iris and will feature in the upcoming versions. The appearances from older versions will come back, which is also amazing.

3.00 star(s) 7 Votes