Ren'Py Apocalust [psychodelusional] Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garrettino

Jul 14, 2018
still not as bad as 'Afterglow' which took 3 years to get a demo, lol.
This is actually misinformation, it was barely a concept 3 years ago, and the Team to create the game wasn't even formed until less than a year ago. The Discord Group was just created 2.5 years ago to gauge hype and potential subscribers, which is why the confusion. Since then the production cycle has been a steady monthly update, with more than adequate content added each month.

Xill

Jan 10, 2018
What was he going to release 18 months ago? Like, how can you plan on releasing something then keep delaying it for 18 months? This reminds me of Aylia's Story. 3 years delay for what's supposed to be a prologue or something.

Reactions: EthanFallenJedi007

Housewife

Oct 22, 2016
small results of the latest dev promises
Feb 28
Either the trailer + a tester version of 0.1 is going to be out by the end of March or I am just going to stop wasting everyone's time. - failed
Mar 29
A quick TL;DR: a small demo will be in testers hands in the morning of March 31st (pst) so you guys can play it either the same day or the day after. - failed
Mar 31
Honestly, even if I finish the rest of the games code + navigation for the game remade I am STILL going to need a fair amount of time to test and complete the rest of the content so both this demo and the 0.1 don't wind up very small. I don't have any exact time that this is going to take but from what I put in this month I would say at least an additional two weeks (for the 0.1 next month, the small demo maybe 1-3 days from now.) - failed
:unsure:

thessaya

Jul 25, 2019
What was he going to release 18 months ago? Like, how can you plan on releasing something then keep delaying it for 18 months? This reminds me of Aylia's Story. 3 years delay for what's supposed to be a prologue or something.
Absolutely nothing. Even if 0.1 actually releases I'm not going to play it because I will wait if he manages to unfuck himself and release content. It would just be more frustrating to play the initial release and then he disappears again for good.

MP-Max

Jun 28, 2018
New post of 6 April

Hello Patrons!

Just giving a quick heads up that as of right now I am fixing grammatical errors and adding music to some clips in After Effects and then play testing the rest of the demo. So going to hand over to testers in the coming days and then to you guys shortly after that.

Keep in mind this is very small but gives a very good indication of if you are going to like the erotic scenes or not, story stuff is going to be shown in more detail likely a week after I show the new Navigation and exploration stuff I am making.

Need to head off to work right now but my next post will be to let you know people are testing as well as a few tiers being added and changed soon. Just wanted to drop by to make sure you know I am still alive and here.

Thank you for the support, have a great day and I will talk to you again in the next few days!

bigpenniser

Aug 7, 2016
New post of 6 April

Hello Patrons!

Just giving a quick heads up that as of right now I am fixing grammatical errors and adding music to some clips in After Effects and then play testing the rest of the demo. So going to hand over to testers in the coming days and then to you guys shortly after that.

Keep in mind this is very small but gives a very good indication of if you are going to like the erotic scenes or not, story stuff is going to be shown in more detail likely a week after I show the new Navigation and exploration stuff I am making.

Need to head off to work right now but my next post will be to let you know people are testing as well as a few tiers being added and changed soon. Just wanted to drop by to make sure you know I am still alive and here.

Thank you for the support, have a great day and I will talk to you again in the next few days!
Its going to be literally a 1 minute demo lmao

Jim Webb

Jun 23, 2017
this thread was opened on july 2019 after all that time all he has to release is an very small demo... what the f has he been doing all this time? someone

n0cn1l

Incest it's all relative
Donor
Dec 25, 2017
welp who doesnt want to make $1k per month by writing make up stories as a side job , i would .
Don't say that man it's a hard knock life as a dev, one moment you're working on an update, the next aliens invade and
rape your parents while your dog eats your hard drive that has your renderings.

Oct 23, 2017
He's focusing too much on this being too small. He spoke earlier and continues to state. This is not a good sign at all. He most likely never had a game with decent playing time ready to be released as a first version. It doesn't surprise me, after all. But honestly, what was he doing all this time? Oh sure, making promises, not keeping them and getting a lot of money. It's unbelievable. :FacePalm:

nocebo

Jun 22, 2017
I think a lot of Devs go through this though. Announce they are going to build a game, make a good start at it with assets, a basic story etc and start a patreon page.

Then you dont work on it for a few weeks, start stressing out and avoiding the project all together. Weeks turn into months and it all gets too big, you feel guilty, and its easier to just ignore the problem. Meanwhile a little bit of money trickles in from patreon, and its hard to say no to that, but its not enough to be super motivating to throw countless hours into the project. (Consider how time $1000 a month would buy from a proper developer - not all that much).

Before you know it six months to a year have passed and all your fans a screaming for content, but you dont really have much, which means you have to either release what you have and face the backlash, or promise some deadline and work super hard to meet it (which never works because you cant do a year of work in a few weeks). Most developers miss that deadline then go dark again, avoiding the problem.

In saying all that, psycho has already shown that he can develop a great game, and finish it. He has a good and unique art style, interesting story line and good pacing - he can make a great game. With the sneak peeks we have seen of this new game, it looks to be even better graphics wise, and if it builds on the first game, will be a hit.

I think as long as he keeps communicating, and releases something, anything, even if it is small, the positive feedback (and increased patreon funds) should get the ball really rolling.

Im not a patreon - but if the above happens I would be, as long as the dev communicates, even when its taking longer than he hopes.

Status
Not open for further replies.