Ren'Py Apocalust [psychodelusional] Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigpenniser

Aug 7, 2016
View attachment 1111515

Hello Patrons!

A quick TL;DR: a small demo will be in testers hands in the morning of March 31st (pst) so you guys can play it either the same day or the day after.

This includes a lewd scene with a character, a tease/ramp up scene with another as well as some light story cut short before the mc and friends are inside the cave where the MC discovers his powers.

I wanted to add something at least twice as big and a bit more grandiose, setting up the protagonist as well as most of the main story but making this out of order and trying to get the "particle effects" to work for the umpteenth time and honestly working hard to break bad habits I have accrued over the past year and a half slowed me down a bit.

Regardless, I am in a good place with everything now and am still very excited to show you this stuff because the way you react on here and on the update discussion on discord will shape how I piece together the rest of my scenes I am sticking in for 0.1 and what type of things you would like to see added to the erotic department for instance pacing and what types of shots and animations you like to see added or what feels missing, IE penis reveals, character reactions, ramping up etc.

Once this is out, I will be posting weekly up until the release of the main 0.1 for the game. Assuming next month goes the same way as this one (probably a bit better but there are so many harder tasks to finish and the navigation to remake and what to pick and choose goes in.) The actual release will be near the very end of the month as well.

So yeah, I will see you again in a few days as well as a week after that so stay tuned.

Thanks a million for the support and have a great day.
I really like when stupid scammers recognize that they have worked on the game for more or less the last month, if that, without noticing

MP-Max

Jun 28, 2018
Unlocked

Hello Patrons!
Another quick, quick update.
I am writing this severely sleep deprived as my plan was to wake up early in the morning and finish the writing for the update and upload for the testers but my sleep apnea and anxiety kicked in and a lot of this is on set by two things, one is axing the beginning part of the cave scene and the car ride there which would make the demo incredibly small because I still have some grunt work to do there but was just going to pass it to show you some of the lewd stuff and hit the deadline and two, obsessing over hitting both this month and next months self imposed time limits.
Honestly, even if I finish the rest of the games code + navigation for the game remade I am STILL going to need a fair amount of time to test and complete the rest of the content so both this demo and the 0.1 don't wind up very small. I don't have any exact time that this is going to take but from what I put in this month I would say at least an additional two weeks (for the 0.1 next month, the small demo maybe 1-3 days from now.)
A lot of the reason I setup these do or die situations or hard to hit deadlines is to pressure my self not to be a perfectionist or waste time but honestly as hard as I worked since my last post which was pretty much all of my free time when not at IRL work, worrying about deadlines just made me miserable these past few days and every time I give a deadline I work hard but then I miss it anyways and I shut out and get scared to even post on my patreon or talk to anyone cause of the fact that I messed up yet again...
Anyhow, I just wanted to get this out before the billing period starts so for whoever is sick of me by now can leave but who ever wants to stick it out a while longer can hang around but I appreciate you either way.
From this point forward though, I won’t/cannot have any set dates unless testing has started and I am going to commit to the only thing I know for a fact I can do which is just communicate something each week which even if I get good or bad feedback or flamed, still keeps the ball rolling and has me somewhat accountable to the people who have still stuck by and put up with me for so long.
Anyhow, I am going to attempt to go back to sleep for the fourth time. Expect to hear from me again somewhere around 1-3 days, it isn't 100% that the cave stuff will be in there but I would like to show you more interactivity and not just lewd stuff for your first impressions of the game.
Thanks for the support and I will talk to you again soon.

Tgsaudoiz

Aug 15, 2018
Unlocked

Hello Patrons!
Another quick, quick update.
I am writing this severely sleep deprived as my plan was to wake up early in the morning and finish the writing for the update and upload for the testers but my sleep apnea and anxiety kicked in and a lot of this is on set by two things, one is axing the beginning part of the cave scene and the car ride there which would make the demo incredibly small because I still have some grunt work to do there but was just going to pass it to show you some of the lewd stuff and hit the deadline and two, obsessing over hitting both this month and next months self imposed time limits.
Honestly, even if I finish the rest of the games code + navigation for the game remade I am STILL going to need a fair amount of time to test and complete the rest of the content so both this demo and the 0.1 don't wind up very small. I don't have any exact time that this is going to take but from what I put in this month I would say at least an additional two weeks (for the 0.1 next month, the small demo maybe 1-3 days from now.)
A lot of the reason I setup these do or die situations or hard to hit deadlines is to pressure my self not to be a perfectionist or waste time but honestly as hard as I worked since my last post which was pretty much all of my free time when not at IRL work, worrying about deadlines just made me miserable these past few days and every time I give a deadline I work hard but then I miss it anyways and I shut out and get scared to even post on my patreon or talk to anyone cause of the fact that I messed up yet again...
Anyhow, I just wanted to get this out before the billing period starts so for whoever is sick of me by now can leave but who ever wants to stick it out a while longer can hang around but I appreciate you either way.
From this point forward though, I won’t/cannot have any set dates unless testing has started and I am going to commit to the only thing I know for a fact I can do which is just communicate something each week which even if I get good or bad feedback or flamed, still keeps the ball rolling and has me somewhat accountable to the people who have still stuck by and put up with me for so long.
Anyhow, I am going to attempt to go back to sleep for the fourth time. Expect to hear from me again somewhere around 1-3 days, it isn't 100% that the cave stuff will be in there but I would like to show you more interactivity and not just lewd stuff for your first impressions of the game.
Thanks for the support and I will talk to you again soon.
Another delay as usually, scammer always be scammer.

Jun 28, 2020
I mean if rendering 3d models fucks with you to this extent then maybe just don't? When he does release and I don't doubt he will, I'm not sure it'd turn me on because all I'd be thinking of is how much anguish and disillusioned fanboi rage went into its creation. It's a fap game after all not a Nirvana album.

NextQuestion

Apr 23, 2018
btw did you just reopen thread because Suez Canal is Reopend also ?
Hmm I wonder why they closed it and cleaning it up.
asas.png
Anyway, "..set dates unless testing has started..", haven't he had people test a game like more than a year ago? Dude you said you are releasing a game like 15months ago how are you now saying you only have a small demo.

Last edited:

Garrettino

Jul 14, 2018
This dude just has to PULL THE DAMNED TRIGGER already!

Just give us something, then u can fix it after feedback. He's the sorta peer I had in Art School that would never show their work until it was 100%, when the whole point is let us follow your process, and guide you via Critiques along the way, not try to impress us, OUT the Friggen GATE.

But those types would often fail out/withdraw anyway, not good with criticism and all that. Pretty common, but definitely something that holds too many (Potential)Artists back from progressing. Learn how to detach your emotions from your work, and that we're judging the Piece, not YOU and you'll get farther in this industry.

At the very least he's communicating, gotta give him that.
But when the response is always the same, one could argue:
-are you really even saying anything worthwhile?

Last edited:

thessaya

Jul 25, 2019
This is getting confusing, especially since this thread was locked. He made an update saying that he will release a test version, probably for high tier patreons. And then a day after, he axes the timeline he just laid out himself?

Reactions: PePeTheCoCk
Status
Not open for further replies.