RPGM An Alchemist's Tale [3.03 Alpha] [Captain Allegretto Games]

3.90 star(s) 14 Votes

Captain_Allegretto

Game Developer
Jan 29, 2020
Ugg, fine, twist my arm why don't you?

I'm out of country for work so I'm having trouble uploading to lots of sources but I have my usual folders updated.

V2.9 “Bedtime Tails”
• Lis story continued: if you’ve reached the end of her content the TBD quest in your journal should simply be active.
◦ 4 cutscenes and 1 scene following this quest leading up to the decision point for her arc. Future Lis content will be split into what I’ve been calling the “Stag/vixen” and “Monogamous” routes. FOR NOW You will be able to change routes once either has content added so don't worry about the decision yet just pick one.
• Rain X Zeleshi Tent scene – Unlock rain’s store and have 100 gems to open this option.
• Josie X Allen scene and quest – Unlock the equine potion and head to the farm to start.
• Allen X Wes – Available in the southwoods after Shelby makes her proposition.
• Wes VN Art added to all previous conversations.
• 4 New “Best friend hangout” scenes. These are short cutscenes where characters talk about recent events. I’ll hopefully be adding one or two every update. These four are: (Bilia first met), (Green first met), (Green questline finished) and (Zeleshi revealed).
• New scenes in gallery, fixed a problem where two entries where using the same variable.
• Added a “Fix screen” option to debug wand that should resolve most strange errors that can occur. (like screen filter remaining on after a scene)
• Fixed a bug where the fishing quest didn't actually appear in journal.
• Fixed a bug where a bunch of switches turned on for no reason and caused some things to go out of sync. Saves will auto-fix themselves but If you viewed Bilia’s bad bet specifically it may act like you haven’t and give you the first time viewing again.
• Fixed some backend code for VN art to give me some extra control.
• A lot of little map touchups.

Last edited:

GeppettoPossum

Formerly 'solongdentalplan'
Oct 29, 2019
This game is quite grindy, but pretty fun. Can't say I'm pleased about Rain whoring herself out and not having the option to avoid it. I kind of understand why it's in the story, but a heads up would've been nice.

Reactions: Captain_Allegretto

GeppettoPossum

Oct 29, 2019
Josie is introduced by telling us how she's slept with nearly every centaur that has worked on her farm.
Rain begins sucking everyone's dick at the first chance.
Can we have a LI that isn't a mega-slut or do these happen to be the NTR plotlines mentioned?

Captain_Allegretto

Game Developer
Jan 29, 2020
Josie is introduced by telling us how she's slept with nearly every centaur that has worked on her farm.
Rain begins sucking everyone's dick at the first chance.
Can we have a LI that isn't a mega-slut or do these happen to be the NTR plotlines mentioned?
Neither of those characters are 'love interests' actually. They are quirky side characters, as you mentioned Josie could not make that more clear from the offset.

Green, Zeleshi, Jamie, Lis. Those were the OG love interest quartet. Though the direction of Bilia evolved over time and has broken into the role kinda naturally. Zeleshi and Lis will have two very different content routes each, Green and Jamie only have one "true love" style path planed for them.

All that said stand-alone NTR style scenes are scattered about as they win polls and stuff. I'm pretty clear in-game about when an action will cause them to trigger though. The tone of my writing is very sex-positive when I'm playing in the overly-large waters of the NTR keyword I like to purposely play around with different styles and explorations of the concept. Like how Zeleshi's current content is the most traditional NTR experience, whereas Shelby/Wes are an exploration of being the outsider for ethically non-monogamous couple.

How can i unlock te gallery?​
craftable item "thought drought".

This game is quite grindy, but pretty fun. Can't say I'm pleased about Rain whoring herself out and not having the option to avoid it. I kind of understand why it's in the story, but a heads up would've been nice.
That little twist where she jumps to the unexpected conclusion and Allen is like "Do not attach my name to this idea." is the best part though. :LOL: As for avoiding it, i could slap a note in for like "Continuing this path will lead to XXX", low priority as I'm working on 3.0 but probably good idea if only so i field less comments about it.

i must say from front page pic i didn't have high expectations for these game. i am very pleasantly surprised and eagerly wait for more.
Thanks and glad to hear it. I just wrapped up from work work that was keeping me away from RPGmaker so hopefully 3.0 will be coming up fast. Got one scene to animate and testing testing testing to do.

GeppettoPossum

Oct 29, 2019
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I see. I didn't realize they weren't considered LI's. Am I correct that there isn't any Jamie "content" yet? NTR, sharing, etc. isn't really my cup of tea, so perhaps I should've done a bit more research before downloading this game :ROFLMAO:. The art is mainly what interested me.

That would definitely be a good idea. I mean I was probably a bit too harsh in my critique with regards to them being "mega-sluts," but it wouldn't hurt to have a disclaimer. "i.e.- Rain's path is not monogamous and includes unavoidable NTR."
Or perhaps even just a flat disclaimer when you first interact with any of the characters that indicates whether or not they have paths that lead to such things. I certainly wouldn't have "pursued" Rain had I known how it was going to turn out. Such a shame though, she has such nice tits. :ROFLMAO:

demonictestosterone

Dec 22, 2023
Captain_Allegretto

Love your game, and can't wait for future updates.

i wanted to ask if it is possible in the current update 2.9 if Allen can sneak into Zeleshi's tent during her scenes with Maria, Zak, Shelby, and Rain? And to get a better view. and if it's not, then i hope it gets added in a future update.

Also, i think the Rain x Zeleshi scene encounters some errors and doesn't allow the scene to be shown/played properly, and when the scene is finished, i get stuck and can't continue

Reactions: Letstryitout

Captain_Allegretto

Game Developer
Jan 29, 2020
Captain_Allegretto

Love your game, and can't wait for future updates.

i wanted to ask if it is possible in the current update 2.9 if Allen can sneak into Zeleshi's tent during her scenes with Maria, Zak, Shelby, and Rain? And to get a better view. and if it's not, then i hope it gets added in a future update.

Also, i think the Rain x Zeleshi scene encounters some errors and doesn't allow the scene to be shown/played properly, and when the scene is finished, i get stuck and can't continue
I'll check that scene again. would not be shocked if I fucked something up.

Entering the tent is not possible right now. Immersion breaking under the hood answer in the spoiler:

Captain_Allegretto

Game Developer
Jan 29, 2020
Yo! v3.0 is up, Finally advancing the main story a single step and setting up Maria's story and content path.

DOWNLOAD
Win
: - -
Mac: - -

V3.03 "Champion of Gorra"

Last edited:

Crazy-San

Apr 3, 2020
Small bug I noticed. When buying the cauldron, the dialog says it costs 200 gems, but then it only costs 100

Edit: Large bug I just found, when you use the potion to view memories and then say you want to leave it just warps you to the center of the memory room

PofB

Mar 24, 2021
I actually felt like a moron when I finally finished that dang statue puzzle. Reading comprehension at an all time low. That hint in the walkthrough was dearly needed though, I would have been lost without it.

Captain_Allegretto

Game Developer
Jan 29, 2020
Small bug I noticed. When buying the cauldron, the dialog says it costs 200 gems, but then it only costs 100

Edit: Large bug I just found, when you use the potion to view memories and then say you want to leave it just warps you to the center of the memory room
For the small i just fixed that is my offline, will jump to main next hotfix.
For the large the ONLY way I can find to cause this was to drink the potion again while in the gallery. None of the variables are touched anywhere else, let alone set themselves to inside the gallery. So I've added some code in my offline to detect if you're already there and prevent you from doing an inception. In the meantime the debug wand should teleport you out fine if you're still stuck.

I actually felt like a moron when I finally finished that dang statue puzzle. Reading comprehension at an all time low. That hint in the walkthrough was dearly needed though, I would have been lost without it.
I'm a longtime Dungeon Master, don't worry I've seen parties fall to lesser puzzles. Also

Last edited:
Reactions: PofB
3.90 star(s) 14 Votes