Zeniks1895

Jul 30, 2021
I will make a suggestion that they plan to continue development of the same game but under a different name, or make a separate "second season" (again with a different name) which will start with an update for Jess where at the beginning of the game we will be offered to choose which routs we followed before in "first season".

rmatty111

Oct 25, 2021
The games themselves, 'Amity Park' and 'Breeding Farm' are, for lack of a better term, 'dead' unless G-Zone returns...
But 'spirtual successors' are very much on the cards still, and I have the same team backing me.

I can't say more than that at this time.
very excited to have you at the helm, PB is top tier and looking forward to your work on a "spiritual successor" if you go down that route

Reactions: Morah SDG

Mrzb2

Aug 20, 2021
The games themselves, 'Amity Park' and 'Breeding Farm' are, for lack of a better term, 'dead' unless G-Zone returns...
But 'spirtual successors' are very much on the cards still, and I have the same team backing me.

I can't say more than that at this time.
Hope one of the spiritual successors is a Danny phantom baby making game, all them girls and ghost girls need 45 billion little Danny phantoms running around

That aside , wish the best for you and the rest of the team in whatever endeavors you guys pursue .

Reactions: drone4of2

mare222

Jan 24, 2018
Hope one of the spiritual successors is a Danny phantom baby making game, all them girls and ghost girls need 45 billion little Danny phantoms running around

That aside , wish the best for you and the rest of the team in whatever endeavors you guys pursue .
hopefully in the same art style as danny phantom too

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018

That is getting harder to do with the new rules from Patreon.

Mrzb2

Aug 20, 2021
That is getting harder to do with the new rules from Patreon.
Yea, but I assume as long as they don't show the kids, and just give a text saying "hey I just birthed a ectoplasm baby" it should get around it . Or is even a mention of it grounds for ban?

KingAgamemnon

Aug 7, 2022
Yea, but I assume as long as they don't show the kids, and just give a text saying "hey I just birthed a ectoplasm baby" it should get around it . Or is even a mention of it grounds for ban?
Did I miss something? Babies are banned from Patreon?

beldr

Aug 8, 2017
Corrupted Kingdoms had to pull out of Patreon because there was an underage character in the game. It was not even a character you can lewd but from the mere fact that they existed.
This is part of the message the devs put out on subscribestar after Patreon went down:

So, for those of you who didn't know, Patreon has shut down my page and with it 90% of my income.

"But why?" I hear you ask, through the microphones I've secretly placed in your home. Is it because I violated the law, or engaged in depraved acts beyond all ethical boundaries? Did I push the limits of human decency too far? What vile and disgusting act could I have possibly committed that justifies having my game and my income destroyed?

I put Alice in the game.

Yes, that's it. Alice exists. Patreon's new policy is, and I quote: "We do not allow the presence of underage characters in Adult/18+ content." Which means no Alice, no Lil' Roxy and those kids of yours? Definitely not. The fact that none of them are sexualized in any way is irrelevant. They exist, therefore the game is no longer allowed on Patreon.

TGafy

May 14, 2020
This discussion has me wondering what if it's an unbirthed character. A woman is pregnant throughout the entire story, from start to finish. Will Patreon allow that?

Chikabowhow

Oct 13, 2019
It's a shame what happened, but I'm happy it's not completely over yet. I would gladly welcome a spiritual successor to this. Though I'm guessing no one had contact with Gzone IRL? The fact that he vanished like that is weird, which paints quite a morbid possibility

Reactions: Morah SDG

Epoch3000

Dec 18, 2017
It won't be these games due to the legal fucker-y surrounding commissions.
It'll be a spirtual successor.

Assuming I take command fully, I'll get to work asap with a clear plan for everyone.
But things are still hazy right now - But if I do take over, I can't forsee a scenario where I didn't get something out.
What legal fucker-y?

Are you referring to Gzone not paying employees while he or she continued to take in subscriptions?

The only thing relating to a legal issue would be if the copyright / trademark holder of the IP (Nickelodeon) chose to go the route of a cease and desist or worse. That being said, someone (Gzone) would have a very tough time saying they and they alone own AP, when AP is based entirely on someone else's copyrighted or trademarked intellectual property. Art is more of a grey area: you could charge for the time spent to make art of something, but if you have no ownership of the trademark or copyright, that too could could be taken from you and you in turn charged by the IP holder.

Sure, you could be nice about it and ask to take over AP and everything involved with it, to continue the game in the event that Gzone does return. But with anything less than a very clear, logical, non-bullshit reason of ghosting their employees, coworkers, and customers; I'm willing to bet a majority of posters on this forum would vote on Gzone not being involved especially after what occurred.

By your posting on this forum and being upfront with customers on a level that Gzone never has been, you (in my opinion) should have a long discussion with everyone involved (you stated as much already) and force the takeover of AP and not allow Gzone to be involved in any form whatsoever.

It's possible to create a timeline of updates and releases of the other game side by side with AP, and It's interesting how said updates for breeding farm coincided with less updates for AP as well as less conversation from Gzone regarding AP. Clearly, Gzone has shown they lack the ability to manage multiple projects, or even 1 project over a period of time.

Last edited:

mare222

Jan 24, 2018
It's a shame what happened, but I'm happy it's not completely over yet. I would gladly welcome a spiritual successor to this. Though I'm guessing no one had contact with Gzone IRL? The fact that he vanished like that is weird, which paints quite a morbid possibility
he probably took the patreon money and left

errte13

Oct 6, 2020
That would be the dumbest course of action to take IMO. He has two games going on, he'd make much more money by staying and overseeing said games than running away with whatever money patreon had. I don't think that money is enough to cover your whole life if you retire now.

Chikabowhow

Oct 13, 2019
I mean... It's not impossible, but it's kinda weird. I feel like he would have a better profit if it he continued working on the game. It's the fact that the rest of the development team had no issues with him that makes it weird because if he was a bad boss, I would have no problem believing he just left with the money

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
What legal fucker-y?

Are you referring to Gzone not paying employees while he or she continued to take in subscriptions?

The only thing relating to a legal issue would be if the copyright / trademark holder of the IP (Nickelodeon) chose to go the route of a cease and desist or worse. That being said, someone (Gzone) would have a very tough time saying they and they alone own AP, when AP is based entirely on someone else's copyrighted or trademarked intellectual property. Art is more of a grey area: you could charge for the time spent to make art of something, but if you have no ownership of the trademark or copyright, that too could could be taken from you and you in turn charged by the IP holder.

Sure, you could be nice about it and ask to take over AP and everything involved with it, to continue the game in the event that Gzone does return. But with anything less than a very clear, logical, non-bullshit reason of ghosting their employees, coworkers, and customers; I'm willing to bet a majority of posters on this forum would vote on Gzone not being involved especially after what occurred.

By your posting on this forum and being upfront with customers on a level that Gzone never has been, you (in my opinion) should have a long discussion with everyone involved (you stated as much already) and force the takeover of AP and not allow Gzone to be involved in any form whatsoever.

It's possible to create a timeline of updates and releases of the other game side by side with AP, and It's interesting how said updates for breeding farm coincided with less updates for AP as well as less conversation from Gzone regarding AP. Clearly, Gzone has shown they lack the ability to manage multiple projects, or even 1 project over a period of time.
The legal fucker-y refers to the legality around commissioned art, even parody based work stuff like Amity Park.
In short, while he may not own the right to Danny Phantom as an IP, he does own the right to the artworks he's paid commissions in and should he return in X amount of months to find us using his commissioned artwork, it becomes a murky grey which opens the door to legal action.

Not to mention Breeding Farm being a totally original IP, it would cut and dry should we use his commissioned assets and he provides invoices, receipts and texts of verbal agreements (which do have some legal standing in themselves).

However...

He doesn't own the IP of Danny Phantom, thus, we're allowed to make our own parody legally speaking with our own commissioned art.
He also doesn't own the generic idea of a 'monster breeding sim' - So, while we can't use the characters, all in spirit we could make one.

There are more discussions to be had amongst the team and I do have a plan to someone salvage the mess left for me to pick up in a way I feel, while not perfect, will at least be the most pragmatic and best course of action... Can't say more than that for now.

Things are in motion and circumstances/things are changing *very* quickly.

\\_Tremolo_//

Jul 1, 2022
The legal fucker-y refers to the legality around commissioned art, even parody based work stuff like Amity Park.
In short, while he may not own the right to Danny Phantom as an IP, he does own the right to the artworks he's paid commissions in and should he return in X amount of months to find us using his commissioned artwork, it becomes a murky grey which opens the door to legal action.

Not to mention Breeding Farm being a totally original IP, it would cut and dry should we use his commissioned assets and he provides invoices, receipts and texts of verbal agreements (which do have some legal standing in themselves).

However...

He doesn't own the IP of Danny Phantom, thus, we're allowed to make our own parody legally speaking with our own commissioned art.
He also doesn't own the generic idea of a 'monster breeding sim' - So, while we can't use the characters, all in spirit we could make one.

There are more discussions to be had amongst the team and I do have a plan to someone salvage the mess left for me to pick up in a way I feel, while not perfect, will at least be the most pragmatic and best course of action... Can't say more than that for now.

Things are in motion and circumstances/things are changing *very* quickly.
8P2h.gif

errte13

Oct 6, 2020
Best outcome is Gzone coming back and have a talk with the team before deadline, pay them their due and continue the original games as is. Worst scenario is Gzone is gone, 2 new games need to be made as spiritual successor to AP and BF respectively. Got it.

In the meantime, what will the team be doing? Setting up the spiritual successor games?

Reactions: BrothersKeeper
3.70 star(s) 60 Votes