lordtoto

Aug 7, 2017
The legal fucker-y refers to the legality around commissioned art, even parody based work stuff like Amity Park.
In short, while he may not own the right to Danny Phantom as an IP, he does own the right to the artworks he's paid commissions in and should he return in X amount of months to find us using his commissioned artwork, it becomes a murky grey which opens the door to legal action.

Not to mention Breeding Farm being a totally original IP, it would cut and dry should we use his commissioned assets and he provides invoices, receipts and texts of verbal agreements (which do have some legal standing in themselves).

However...

He doesn't own the IP of Danny Phantom, thus, we're allowed to make our own parody legally speaking with our own commissioned art.
He also doesn't own the generic idea of a 'monster breeding sim' - So, while we can't use the characters, all in spirit we could make one.

There are more discussions to be had amongst the team and I do have a plan to someone salvage the mess left for me to pick up in a way I feel, while not perfect, will at least be the most pragmatic and best course of action... Can't say more than that for now.

Things are in motion and circumstances/things are changing *very* quickly.
You're doing an excellent work with parasite black.
I have total trust with the next danny phantom project of yours, just don't forget how much the ghost girls are popular! :)
Now we are waiting for the SubscribeStar page. (y)

Zeniks1895

Jul 30, 2021
so this game really is dead as a new DP parody game is taking it's place. what's the art gonna look like, because the copycat artstyle of this game is what made it good.
They didn't write anything in their post about changing the artist or changing the art style for "Dark Dimensions". Most likely the style will remain the same as it was in the last update for Amity Park.

Reactions: secrettunel6969

Morah SDG

Development Consultant & Revision's Supervisor
Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
The new team has got our official page active right now! Feel free to come support us or keep up to date on all our future projects with links to our Twitter and Discord.

RT5X

Aug 15, 2021
The games themselves, 'Amity Park' and 'Breeding Farm' are, for lack of a better term, 'dead' unless G-Zone returns...
But 'spirtual successors' are very much on the cards still, and I have the same team backing me.

I can't say more than that at this time.
Please keep the Danny Phantom artstyle :cry:the style replication was what drew me into amity park

Bloodly

Feb 27, 2019
The Dark-verse is an interesting idea, can't wait to see what comes of it.
Dark-verse somehow has me thinking "The Thing from Darkest Dungeon 1 has awakened. Or worse, we're in the hellscape of DD2 after that ritual that sent everything insane."

Sober-man

Apr 3, 2023
Please keep the Danny Phantom artstyle :cry:the style replication was what drew me into amity park
Judging by the images on their subscribestar, probably artstyle will be different.
That's really sad, it's not what I was expecting.

Of course it's too early to judge, the release will show everything.

Last edited:

Morah SDG

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
I mean, this is SDG's version of Danny, if that gives you a better idea of style choices being made.. We'll be implementing the style changes more appropriately, so that people won't have a visceral reaction to say something like Paulina's changed Park scene, where her face was far too anime. In hindsight, blinded a bit before by how I thought the new art looked GOOD, I do think I was personally biased by ignoring the people saying it didn't really look like Paulina anymore. I think the main motif we're gonna try to keep is "faces and hair, keep them looking like the 2D characters. But I wasn't in charge of design philosophy in either the original art, or the Redux style changes for Amity Park before either, so. (y)

RT5X

Aug 15, 2021
I mean, this is SDG's version of Danny, if that gives you a better idea of style choices being made.. We'll be implementing the style changes more appropriately, so that people won't have a visceral reaction to say something like Paulina's changed Park scene, where her face was far too anime. In hindsight, blinded a bit before by how I thought the new art looked GOOD, I do think I was personally biased by ignoring the people saying it didn't really look like Paulina anymore. I think the main motif we're gonna try to keep is "faces and hair, keep them looking like the 2D characters. But I wasn't in charge of design philosophy in either the original art, or the Redux style changes for Amity Park before either, so. (y)
Thats fair
my apologies for being an asshole about the changes in the replies in the past replies
i was being overdramatic.
I look forward to the upcoming project:love:

Reactions: Morah SDG

Morah SDG

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
Thats fair
my apologies for being an asshole about the changes in the replies in the past replies
i was being overdramatic.
I look forward to the upcoming project:love:
I think people were being fair about a number of criticisms, but it's a bit of the Sunk Cost philosophy. "N-no!! Shut up! The artwork's good, you people are just too closed minded! These newly commissioned art pieces are *infinitely* better than before!"

You kinda get taken for a ride if you don't try and put things into context and step back a bit to see if you're completely "in the right".

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
Who cares how Danny looks, what we really need to see is how Maddy looks in the new style. :p

May 9, 2018
Can a brother get a Maddie sprite please?

• Hey there
Reactions: Morah SDG
3.70 star(s) 59 Votes