Unity Completed Abandoned: A Tale Of Forgotten Lives [v1.0] [Kerni]

4.40 star(s) 54 Votes

Kerni

Game Developer
Oct 9, 2017
Alright, thank you. Mind if I pm you regarding editing text?
You mean for spellchecking and stuff ?
If so then please keep in mind that a few poeple already attempted to do this but you need to know that 24000 VN frames do take ages to edit and corrrect. Currently Pervy Rogue (on the AATOFL discord channel) has started to edit some of it but he got a bit stuck also. You can use the mod manager to download his version of the spellchecking , maybe a talk to him on discrod would be very good so you do not double work.

Reactions: MasterKriiden

MasterKriiden

Jul 7, 2017
You mean for spellchecking and stuff ?
If so then please keep in mind that a few poeple already attempted to do this but you need to know that 24000 VN frames do take ages to edit and corrrect. Currently Pervy Rogue (on the AATOFL discord channel) has started to edit some of it but he got a bit stuck also. You can use the mod manager to download his version of the spellchecking , maybe a talk to him on discrod would be very good so you do not double work.

Hrm. Ok, I'll check out your discord, but I lost my better Microphone. Might need to keep it to typing.

Oct 7, 2017
Uff...they could still work but i am not sure.
It is not recommended since they are a few variables and triggers missing.
If you need to replay everything you should use the keyboard key Q to skip VN frames.
Thanks for the fast response ^^ and thanks for the game it's honestly the best 1st person free roam h-game i ever played

FemdomVR

Jul 1, 2017
Hi Kerni - thank you for what is easily one of the most enjoyable NSFW games I've played! I absolutely loved it and appreciate the time and effort you have put into it. I can't wait to see your next project!
I do have a bit of an odd request though - would it be possible for you to export a version of the game with a 120° Field of View applied to the camera?
About a year ago I had it running in VR on the rift using the VorpX drivers - unfortunately the FOV wasn't wide enough to allow free movement throughout the game, but I did get it working VERY well on all the H-Scenes!

Kerni

Game Developer
Oct 9, 2017
Hi Kerni - thank you for what is easily one of the most enjoyable NSFW games I've played! I absolutely loved it and appreciate the time and effort you have put into it. I can't wait to see your next project!
I do have a bit of an odd request though - would it be possible for you to export a version of the game with a 120° Field of View applied to the camera?
About a year ago I had it running in VR on the rift using the VorpX drivers - unfortunately the FOV wasn't wide enough to allow free movement throughout the game, but I did get it working VERY well on all the H-Scenes!
Ahm.. Since i guess not many people are using the VORPX stuff on my game (i guess you are the only one?? (I also tried it but it looked ugly)).
I would rather like to work on the new game than to go back to old unity and recompile it with the only change beeing the FOV thing. Can you not set this within the VORPX settings ?

FemdomVR

Jul 1, 2017
Closest I could get last year was with the firewatch profile loaded and 3rd party widescreen app, moving about was pretty horrific, ended up flattening and using a scuba mask effect. The H-scenes were bloody AMAZING though, the girls might as well have been tied up in my front room - lightyears ahead of that villain simulator and the nutaku VR app! :)
I've just had a look at the vorpx forums for the first time in a while and it does seem like a lot of unity-based profiles have been added to the cloud since I last looked, I might get lucky with one of them. ;)

js3817702

Oct 4, 2018
Posted this at Lover's Lab earlier, but then found this much more active thread, so cross posting here.

I just discovered this game the other day and finished playing through it this evening. Overall, I really enjoyed playing this. So first and foremost, thank you Kerni for making this game and making it available. :)

I saw that version 0.96 has been out for a couple months and is listed as a final release candidate. Are you still making any additional changes? I ask because I've encountered a couple issues in my playthrough.

First and foremost, the game crashes all the time. I've had stretches where I could play for a few hours with no problems, but I've also had stretches where I was lucky to go a few minutes between crashes. There have been a few different varieties of crashes too. The most common one I've seen isn't really a full crash. I can still hear all the sounds, and I get feedback sounds if I try to do something like jump, so the game is still running. However, the screen goes to an empty window showing my desktop behind it. So the game's still running, but I can't see anything. When it happens, I have to alt-tab out of the game, and then close and restart it. I also had several blue screen crashes. They weren't as common, but still happened frequently. Less commonly, I had at least one time where the game reported an error and closed. As much as I enjoyed playing the game while it worked, the frequent crashes made it very difficult to keep going. Since I didn't turn up tons of people complaining about it in a quick search, I'm assuming this is something isolated to something unusual in my system. Is there any information I could provide that might help uncover any potential issues?

Second, I ran into a problem at the very end of the game. I had completed the command deck scenario, played through every additional event and found every item I could manage after that, and didn't really have much else to do besides viewing the ending. Shortly before my last save, I had decided to pick up all the devices in the landing bay to reorganize them now that I knew how many there were. When I went to start placing them again, I found that I couldn't replace most of them. I could place one of the waiting devices, and maybe a couple other random items. But if I tried to place anything else, the game would instead have me reposition the one waiting device I had already placed. I tried reloading the save, changing areas, restarting the game, etc. to see if I could reset something, but I had no luck. On that save file, I'm now simply unable to use most of the devices I've collected.

Just to reiterate, I really enjoyed the game. If there's any chance of fixing a few issues like these, that would make it even better. I'd love to see more from you in the future.

Kerni

Game Developer
Oct 9, 2017
I saw that version 0.96 has been out for a couple months and is listed as a final release candidate. Are you still making any additional changes? I ask because I've encountered a couple issues in my playthrough.
To be honest (since not many people reported any bugs from the 0.96 version) i do not really like to since i am currently developing my new game (milky ways).
What you can do is to post me your savegame from the bugged out devices you can pick up and then i can have a look at them but i am not able to promise anything.

First and foremost, the game crashes all the time. I've had stretches where I could play for a few hours with no problems, but I've also had stretches where I was lucky to go a few minutes between crashes. There have been a few different varieties of crashes too. The most common one I've seen isn't really a full crash. I can still hear all the sounds, and I get feedback sounds if I try to do something like jump, so the game is still running. However, the screen goes to an empty window showing my desktop behind it. So the game's still running, but I can't see anything. When it happens, I have to alt-tab out of the game, and then close and restart it. I also had several blue screen crashes. They weren't as common, but still happened frequently. Less commonly, I had at least one time where the game reported an error and closed. As much as I enjoyed playing the game while it worked, the frequent crashes made it very difficult to keep going. Since I didn't turn up tons of people complaining about it in a quick search, I'm assuming this is something isolated to something unusual in my system. Is there any information I could provide that might help uncover any potential issues?
There should be a crash log in your C:\Users\[YOURUSERNAME]\AppData\LocalLow\Kernis_not_existing_company wich should ghive you more information about the crash (usually the last lines of the file)

Second, I ran into a problem at the very end of the game. I had completed the command deck scenario, played through every additional event and found every item I could manage after that, and didn't really have much else to do besides viewing the ending. Shortly before my last save, I had decided to pick up all the devices in the landing bay to reorganize them now that I knew how many there were. When I went to start placing them again, I found that I couldn't replace most of them. I could place one of the waiting devices, and maybe a couple other random items. But if I tried to place anything else, the game would instead have me reposition the one waiting device I had already placed. I tried reloading the save, changing areas, restarting the game, etc. to see if I could reset something, but I had no luck. On that save file, I'm now simply unable to use most of the devices I've collected.

As stated above , a savegame and detailed instructions what does not work would be nice. Could be that you encountered a bug >_<

js3817702

Oct 4, 2018
To be honest (since not many people reported any bugs from the 0.96 version) i do not really like to since i am currently developing my new game (milky ways).
What you can do is to post me your savegame from the bugged out devices you can pick up and then i can have a look at them but i am not able to promise anything.
Thanks for the response! And understood entirely. Wish I'd found the game sooner while you were still actively working on it.

There should be a crash log in your C:\Users\[YOURUSERNAME]\AppData\LocalLow\Kernis_not_existing_company wich should ghive you more information about the crash (usually the last lines of the file)
I found this folder, and inside it a folder called "Abandoned - A tale of forgotten lives". However, there's nothing else in the Kernis folder, and the Abandoned folder is empty. I'm not finding any log file in there.

As stated above , a savegame and detailed instructions what does not work would be nice. Could be that you encountered a bug >_<
I've attached a save file with the issue. In this save, I have all the following devices in my inventory, in this order:

STRAP ON TEST MACHINE
SIMPLE BONDAGE SESSEL
COMMERCIAL CLEANING DEVICE2
COMMERCIAL CLEANING DEVICE
SECURE WAITING DEVICE 1
RESTRAIN TABLE 2
RESTRAIN TABLE 1
SECURE WAITING DEVICE 2
XCROSSTABLE CONSTRUCTION SET

Of those devices, I can place the following without issue:

SIMPLE BONDAGE SESSEL
RESTRAIN TABLE 2
RESTRAIN TABLE 1
SECURE WAITING DEVICE 2
XCROSSTABLE CONSTRUCTION SET

However, if I try to place the following items, the game will instead place (or move if it's already been placed) the SECURE WAITING DEVICE 2. It can be verified that it's always the #2 device by checking the inventory after placing it, where you'll find the #1 device still there.

STRAP ON TEST MACHINE
SECURE WAITING DEVICE 1

Also, forgot to mention this previously, but I noticed I'm not able to move the table with the portable cooker. Is it supposed to be permanently fixed wherever you put it initially?

Please let me know if there's anything else useful I can provide. And again, thank you. :)

Kerni

Game Developer
Oct 9, 2017
However, if I try to place the following items, the game will instead place (or move if it's already been placed) the SECURE WAITING DEVICE 2. It can be verified that it's always the #2 device by checking the inventory after placing it, where you'll find the #1 device still there.

STRAP ON TEST MACHINE
SECURE WAITING DEVICE 1
I created a patch for the windows vesion of the game. Changelog below :

This is the patch for AATOFL 0.96 version 1
just copy the folder -Managed- and insert it into your -AATOFL_Data- folder.

Fixed : Object placement of the secure wait device , public cleaning device and strap on test machine.
known bug : when using a old savegame the secure wait device number 1 will be not placeable to fix this open the savegame search for "SecureWaitingDevice1" and change it to "SecureWaitingDevice"
Added : Changing of FOV to use with vorp X VR software.
How to : Where your sabvegames are , create a text file named FOV.txt then open it and write any number in it ranging from 2 to 359

no full playthrough has been made by me but i guess i did not broke any important things ^_^

With the patch applied you can now change the FOV of the main camera.

what 3d asset did you use for the lab
Many assets have been used as far as i remmember i used many of these (see list below)

(unfortunately you can not buy the sci fi assets from hedgehog team anymore for.. reasons... ??)

js3817702

Oct 4, 2018
Awesome! Thanks for the update Kerni! I can confirm that fixes the problem I was having with placing all the devices. :)

While I was looking in the game folder, I noticed there's a folder named "2018-10-03_014426". Within that folder, I found the three attached files. I added a .txt extension to the crash.dmp and error.log files to be able to upload them. They weren't in the location you mentioned previously, but are these the crash log files you mentioned?

Kerni

Game Developer
Oct 9, 2017
Awesome! Thanks for the update Kerni! I can confirm that fixes the problem I was having with placing all the devices. :)

While I was looking in the game folder, I noticed there's a folder named "2018-10-03_014426". Within that folder, I found the three attached files. I added a .txt extension to the crash.dmp and error.log files to be able to upload them. They weren't in the location you mentioned previously, but are these the crash log files you mentioned?
According to the output log the DS11 driver made some error during the creation of a vertex buffer with the size of 21840 byte.
I mean..
(GTX 460) VRAM: 724 MB -> this is really hard on your poor card since my game uses big meshes and a LOT of ram. I guess the ram was just empty.

js3817702

Oct 4, 2018
Fair enough. The computer's more than a little long in the tooth. It's been good enough to run everything I've needed it for, but I'm not surprised to learn I'm running into its limits. Thanks for taking a look. :)

FemdomVR

Jul 1, 2017
I created a patch for the windows vesion of the game. Changelog below :

This is the patch for AATOFL 0.96 version 1
just copy the folder -Managed- and insert it into your -AATOFL_Data- folder.

Fixed : Object placement of the secure wait device , public cleaning device and strap on test machine.
known bug : when using a old savegame the secure wait device number 1 will be not placeable to fix this open the savegame search for "SecureWaitingDevice1" and change it to "SecureWaitingDevice"
Added : Changing of FOV to use with vorp X VR software.
How to : Where your sabvegames are , create a text file named FOV.txt then open it and write any number in it ranging from 2 to 359

no full playthrough has been made by me but i guess i did not broke any important things ^_^
With the patch applied you can now change the FOV of the main camera.
Oh my god - you absolute LEGEND!!!!!!

Thankyou!!! I'm gonna be trying that today! =D

lucas69

Nov 18, 2016
can't run it :-( the one\two times i made it past the loading screen i couldn't press anything in the starting screen, and usually i get stuck on 90%.

i'm able to run the twist on fantastic, on the other hand i never could run anything done by HoneyGames ('king of the beach', 'snake thompson' and such).

what should i do, buy a new computer or...?

4.40 star(s) 54 Votes