Unity Completed Abandoned: A Tale Of Forgotten Lives [v1.0] [Kerni]

4.40 star(s) 54 Votes

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
The game is what most would call feature complete. Im hoping to convince Kerni to hold off on calling it 'done' as in a 1.0 until it can be done with the edit.
I really, really want to see a sequel. Perhaps with more NPCs (even if you don't fuck them) and a different location. Frankly, the exploration part of this very well crafted station was stunning.

Mr.Red

Nov 21, 2017
I really, really want to see a sequel. Perhaps with more NPCs (even if you don't fuck them) and a different location. Frankly, the exploration part of this very well crafted station was stunning.
I'd like to see Victor traveling through old bases, getting a ship, salvage... And have enough money to settle down (and give Aemi and Vivian resources to discover a method to extend human life and what not... and maybe pregnancy)

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
I'd like to see Victor traveling through old bases, getting a ship, salvage... And have enough money to settle down (and give Aemi and Vivian resources to discover a method to extend human life and what not... and maybe pregnancy)
It doesn't have to be a direct sequel from where I am standing. An Exploration sci-fi with sex and NPCs in a big ship\several-smaller\space-station would be nice. It doesn't have to have those three.
As long as a well-detailed and crafter location to explore piece by piece is unlocked I am fine.

Reactions: Mr.Red

popober

Jun 9, 2017
Man, this update was kinda empty... is what I would say on any other day. For this game though, thinking back on the previous updates I played, beginning around .3x or something I think, this really just fit as a final farewell. Usually I'd be hankering for more smexy time in a update, and even a grand orgy or something as a finale, but that wouldn't really fit in this game.

Really, I do hope Kerni works on a sequel or maybe at least another game along similar themes. I was never really into all that bondage shit, but only because most media I've come across that feature it barely include penetration in the act and the feeling of domination was disjointed. Here, it was different and the girls were really characters you could connect to so I really enjoyed those aspects in this game. Fucking Aemi and Vivian while completely restrained and helpless, and knowing how much they enjoy it, was really hot.

And maybe, in case a sequel or another project does come along, maybe Kerni can expand his operation a bit. At least someone that can streamline some of the more generic gameplay features; the guy has vision and I'd like to see that get built upon if possible. Though that doesn't mean much coming from some random bum pirate.

Pervy Rogue

Modder
Nov 9, 2016
It doesn't have to be a direct sequel from where I am standing. An Exploration sci-fi with sex and NPCs in a big ship\several-smaller\space-station would be nice. It doesn't have to have those three.
As long as a well-detailed and crafter location to explore piece by piece is unlocked I am fine.
An adult BDSM version of KoTOR then? Planets, Cities, a ship, companions, shops, fights.... HK-47.

And maybe, in case a sequel or another project does come along, maybe Kerni can expand his operation a bit. At least someone that can streamline some of the more generic gameplay features; the guy has vision and I'd like to see that get built upon if possible. Though that doesn't mean much coming from some random bum pirate.
Kerni really needs to keep hearing this. He does have vision, he can't see it though. One rando isn't much but, when one becomes twenty? When twenty turns into five hundred? He doesn't need harsh pressure, he needs vast encouragement.

Reactions: Mr.Red and troll822

zoneitorboneit

Apr 30, 2018
Kerni really needs to keep hearing this. He does have vision, he can't see it though. One rando isn't much but, when one becomes twenty? When twenty turns into five hundred? He doesn't need harsh pressure, he needs vast encouragement.
Idk if he needs suggestions from the non-paying community. They are of some value however I don't see why he'd keep in mind any of the suggestions here, aside from bug fixes.

And he totally does need encouragement, I 100% agree. He is one of the rare devs to make such an amazing game 3d game with so much detail, story and depth. This is on the same line as Xstory Player.

Mr.Red

Nov 21, 2017
An adult BDSM version of KoTOR then? Planets, Cities, a ship, companions, shops, fights.... HK-47.
Victor will need a Lightsaber... Hard light dildo mb? =D

I'm thinking before he can move on to Planets he must have a good enough ship and means to defend himself from those who wish to take it. I mean two sex androids are a great company but aside from sharpshooting they can't really help much. So yeah HK-47 seems like a way to go. I think a game with fetch quest to build a ship, maybe rebuild a military android, examine wrecks for parts...

This is on the same line as Xstory Player.
And he speaks with his fans more often, keeping us informed of his process. Not just vague - "We're working on it". =D

Kerni

Game Developer
Oct 9, 2017

I usually already have a vision of the game i want to create (sleepless nights >_<) but the difficult thing is to actually be able to build them as i have seen it in my fantasies.

And of course i have time contstrains , i can only work on weekends on the games so it will take * a while*
My patreon thingy doesn't have thousand of supporters and i di not make 10k per release. So weekend work it is.

I'm thinking before he can move on to Planets he must have a good enough ship and means to defend himself from those who wish to take it. I mean two sex androids are a great company but aside from sharpshooting they can't really help much. So yeah HK-47 seems like a way to go. I think a game with fetch quest to build a ship, maybe rebuild a military android, examine wrecks for parts...
If i do a sequel to AATOFL then my plan is to put them into a big ship with a tiny bit of space battles. And of course Aemi and Vivian can help. They bodys may be very limited in strength but they can certainly help and control other *smaller* ships to fight the enemy.

And he speaks with his fans more often, keeping us informed of his process. Not just vague - "We're working on it". =D
I guess this is one of the reasons why i do not make 5k to 10k a per release.
I do not sell dreams , i create solutions.

Kerni

Game Developer
Oct 9, 2017
Can i use old saves? Seems broken :p
Do you use the 0.95 version or the 096 version because the 095 version had a bug where a specific event ALWAYS loaded if you trried to load your savegame (the plant threesome event)

CyBeRd0g

May 13, 2018
Could someone post a working link to the fixed version 0.96, please? The OP is still at buggy 0.95 somehow. :confused:

mercury

Jul 4, 2017
Holy shit. This game is what we need more of. @Kerni, you are a master. I put off playing this one for quite a while because I thought it was just going to be another terrible-implemented unity VN, boy was I wrong. I am impatiently awaiting whatever you do next.

I'd love to see you start collaborating with someone (or may someones) on editing the dialogue for grammar and spelling. Hell, if you put your code up somewhere (such as the gitlab instance I run, PM me if you are interested) I would be willing to help with editing some.

Also, I seem to have hit an odd bug with the ring gags in that the characters are wearing them and I cannot remove them, they don't even seem to exist at all in the menu.

Kerni

Game Developer
Oct 9, 2017
Holy shit. This game is what we need more of. @Kerni, you are a master. I put off playing this one for quite a while because I thought it was just going to be another terrible-implemented unity VN, boy was I wrong. I am impatiently awaiting whatever you do next.
Thank you ^_^

I'd love to see you start collaborating with someone (or may someones) on editing the dialogue for grammar and spelling. Hell, if you put your code up somewhere (such as the gitlab instance I run, PM me if you are interested) I would be willing to help with editing some.
You can actually extract all the text in two different files. For one you can use the old version of the spellchecking stuff and the new one. (press F3 ifyou are in game and in a VN event to see both possibilites to extract the text)
But.. the sheer amount of text is what drives all the people away. Please keep in mind that you are fighting with about 24000 VN frames.

Also, I seem to have hit an odd bug with the ring gags in that the characters are wearing them and I cannot remove them, they don't even seem to exist at all in the menu.
Mh.. without looking into the code you should be able to remove then with the dialouge option -remove all- from the -remove devices - subcategory.

AlphaBubble

Dec 29, 2017
I have a Problem. When I try to download a mod with the mod manager, an error occures which says he can't connect to the remote server. I have Internet connection and loaded the mod list from the server.

Kerni

Game Developer
Oct 9, 2017
I have a Problem. When I try to download a mod with the mod manager, an error occures which says he can't connect to the remote server. I have Internet connection and loaded the mod list from the server.
I just tried to download a mod myself and it worked out fine. (except that the mod list took a long time to load)
Can you please tell me what mod exactly you wanted to download (maybe this file is broken)?

4.40 star(s) 54 Votes