Unity Completed Abandoned: A Tale Of Forgotten Lives [v1.0] [Kerni]

4.40 star(s) 55 Votes

cvat420

Mar 25, 2018
Game is unplayable as the MC is constantly walking backwards unless you actively walk forward, fix the interface second graphics are straight out of the 90's, reminds me of Duke Nukem, poor and very fuzzy.

Billy54321

Feb 24, 2018
I think I know why Unity has so many problems it tries to do too many things at once they are either slow or crash all the time

depechedNode

Oct 10, 2017
I wonder how many people passed this game thinking that it was abandoned. :)

Already lots of good things said, so just want to say that thanks for sharing this amazing and high quality real time 3D game with us Kerni.

Reactions: Epholos

nemojmeje111

Nov 14, 2017
Game is unplayable as the MC is constantly walking backwards unless you actively walk forward, fix the interface second graphics are straight out of the 90's, reminds me of Duke Nukem, poor and very fuzzy.
The game works fine. There is also something called graphics setting both in the launcher and in-game.
I think I know why Unity has so many problems it tries to do too many things at once they are either slow or crash all the time
unity.PNG
Source:
Explain these numbers if Unity is so bad.

Billy54321

Feb 24, 2018
I am not saying that unity is bad some of the games I like to play is made on unity but the most of the other game I want to try out that is done in unity bog down and crash and I am unable to even play them enough to form an opinion on the game

Perguru24

Nov 24, 2017
Maybe a connected not centered joystick causing the problem ?

Perguru24

Nov 24, 2017
I was thinking you moved with the ASWD keys , but you had a joystick connected to your PC you were not using , and that this non used joystick could cause the character to drift backwards , if the joystick were not perfectly centered.

Billy54321

Feb 24, 2018
I was thinking you moved with the ASWD keys , but you had a joystick connected to your PC you were not using , and that this non used joystick could cause the character to drift backwards , if the joystick were not perfectly centered.
that is good but how do you pick up stuff and use stuff I can not find any controls listed anywhere I have looked

Warsteel

May 26, 2017
Ambitious game. I really enjoyed it, for the most part. Too much of a bondage focus for me to embrace it completely, however. That's just personal taste, though, not a reflection on the quality of the game. The 3d takes this to a level most games on this site don't get to, which I really appreciated.

DuDraig

Oct 6, 2017
First, this is a great premise, interesting story, and a nicely developing plot. Yes the translation sux rox but we were warned. :biggrin: It has all the making of a great game.

However - Wow!!! This combat system is completely unplayable. It's one of the most poorly designed, overly-complicated, non-intuitive pieces of player frustration that I've ever seen.

First, you have very poor control of the scene camera. Usually, a player expects to be able to adjust a scene camera by right or left dragging the mouse to rotate or move, and using the scroll wheel or dragging the middle button to zoom. When you're not dragging, you have control of your cursor and can choose actions. This thing forces you to only move the camera around a targeted character or object with keystrokes. You can, when you hit 'F', right-drag to control the camera but when you choose an actions that camera position is completely lost. Every time you target a different opponent the damn camera changes and you can't see what you need in order to move properly. It's truly infuriating. Your target is not kept when you change actions. When you change from movement, which changes the camera to target the moving character, to attack, you have to re-choose your target or you have no idea what target you will actually attack. Yes, focus cameras are useful in combat but only when the player has control over when they are used. They are far less useful in confined spaces. It does no good to automatically focus a camera on a character you're about to move when what you need to see is the place to where you want to move them. Also, the damn camera keeps moving outside of walls and then getting stuck outside the scene.

The line-of-sight system just does not work. With a ranged weapon, I am clearly in sight of a target but it will always tell me "Target not in sight". With a melee weapon, I can be directly behind or to the side of a target and am told the same thing. I can be directly in front of a target that is rendered partially outside a wall because of its position next to the wall and am told the same thing. No matter what you do, almost always it's: "Target not in sight".

You can only move and then attack. There is no way to attack and then move. The only way to melee attack is to leave yourself completely open to the attack of every opponent in movement range. There is no way to strategically use position to your advantage or to strike-and-run.

Because of the infuriating automatic camera changes, there is no way to tell what opponent did what attack or what damage. You might want to take out an opponent with a ranged attack first while running the melee attackers around but you can't tell what opponent has or does the ranged damage because there is no text telling you and the damn camera moves to focus on you instead of staying where you put it.

The damage and status messages disappear WAYYYYYY too fast. You can't tell what is going on with each opponent so you can't make any tactical decisions on how to move or attack. Damage values should not have 16 frelling digits of decimal places!!! Rounding to two will do quite nicely. Many of the text colors chosen for status messages make them extremely difficult to read even if they did stay up longer, especially against the busy moving background.

I'm writing this after 12 tries to defeat the two spiders and one drone while trying to reactivate the main reactor. This should be a fairly easy fight. If the drone is the only one with a ranged attack, gang up on it for 1 or 2 rounds until it is down and then the MC runs the melee spiders around while Aeri shoots them to bits. However, despite the drone being eye level to the MC, he can't attack it at all always being told "Target not in sight". Aeri almost always can't shoot at the drone with the same message despite having a clear line of sight, and also can't shoot the spiders with the same message when the are facing away from her or too near a wall.

This has all the makings of a great game and fun story, but I've a half-frozen flounder waiting to be used to beat the guy who developed this player-abusive combat UI. :evilsmile:

DuDraig

Oct 6, 2017
that is good but how do you pick up stuff and use stuff I can not find any controls listed anywhere I have looked
You didn't look hard enough. F1 brings up a help screen that lists the 'E' key for using things in the text on the left and the keyboard image on the right. The use key is only active when there is an icon in the lower right, like a '?', '!', or a chat box telling you that you can do something in that position.

Billy54321

Feb 24, 2018
You didn't look hard enough. F1 brings up a help screen that lists the 'E' key for using things in the text on the left and the keyboard image on the right. The use key is only active when there is an icon in the lower right, like a '?', '!", or a chat box telling you that you can do something in that position.
thanks

Sleel

Mar 2, 2018
My lord. The spelling and grammar. So offputting I can't even deal with talking to the base AI. Second time I've tried and just had to bail. Forgot about the first time. I can deal with a bit of mess. But when it's so bad it's all I can focus on then it to bad.

Pharan

Apr 23, 2017
Love this game. One of my all time favorites. Last time I played was like 0.2 and I'm looking forward to this. Thanks for sticking through with it Kerni.

nemojmeje111

Nov 14, 2017
Goddamn...
I am not saying that unity is bad some of the games I like to play is made on unity but the most of the other game I want to try out that is done in unity bog down and crash and I am unable to even play them enough to form an opinion on the game
Can you at least list a bug or a crash occurance to back your claims? If you do we might even be able to help you. Bashing on a game which works for probably 99% of the people really isn't getting this discussion anywhere.
My lord. The spelling and grammar. So offputting I can't even deal with talking to the base AI. Second time I've tried and just had to bail. Forgot about the first time. I can deal with a bit of mess. But when it's so bad it's all I can focus on then it to bad.
There are spelling corrections. Use the search function (on the forum).
Yeah, a very poor choice of name.
I have to beg to differ. The name describes the game perfectly! (here comes the part where you tell me that when you search you think it's abandoned...) Even though at first you can get the feeling the game is abandoned (there are posts of another user and me saying exactly that a few pages back), you can easily distinguish (spelling? correct word?) it from abandoned games, because "abandoned" tag is color coded and framed like all other tags :)

Reactions: Davidsdoom1350

Neko-Hime

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 7, 2018
This Game is realy good, i like the Story about the MC and the Androids, more from this i want ^^
But the Controlls are horrible, i dont like the Keyboard System but anyway i want more ^.^

Hjort

Aug 15, 2016
Following the item spreadsheet, I'm not able to find the "Controlling device" in the meeting room, has the item been moved?

4.40 star(s) 55 Votes