Unity Completed Abandoned: A Tale Of Forgotten Lives [v1.0] [Kerni]

4.40 star(s) 54 Votes

Kerni

Game Developer
Oct 9, 2017
can't run it :-( the one\two times i made it past the loading screen i couldn't press anything in the starting screen, and usually i get stuck on 90%.

i'm able to run the twist on fantastic, on the other hand i never could run anything done by HoneyGames ('king of the beach', 'snake thompson' and such).

what should i do, buy a new computer or...?
Usually it just takes a very long time to load since the game needs much ram to run smoothly (about 5 gig on my machine but i guess this depends on the graphic setting)
I would just set the graphic to -fastest- and then let him load for a bit.
If this does not load then maybe your pc isn't up to the task since this is not a 2D game with 3D images. This game is pure 3D.

Reactions: Krull and lucas69

sgtlev

Oct 3, 2017
hello :) i have played AATOFL 4/5 time and i think this game is really genial , rare to found a game in this quality ^^ , continue as possible to this way ( if you want ,naturaly).
but a have a 1 question and a suggestion for you :
- for "Museum of Naughty devices" any news from for this game ??

- your 3Dnovel page is very out-dated my friend , maybe it's time to dust off and renewed that if you will and can ;)

Kerni

Game Developer
Oct 9, 2017
hello :) i have played AATOFL 4/5 time and i think this game is really genial , rare to found a game in this quality ^^ , continue as possible to this way ( if you want ,naturaly).
Thank you , and i guess you already know that the next game is already WIP (milky ways)

but a have a 1 question
- for "Museum of Naughty devices" any news from for this game ??
Since i am not in college anymore i do not have much time for my games (only on weekends) so i need to focus on one project at a time. And (as mentioned above) i am currently developing Milky Ways as the next game.

...and a suggestion for you :
- your 3Dnovel page is very out-dated my friend , maybe it's time to dust off and renewed that if you will and can ;)
Yes i know... >_<
I will do that once Milky Ways has a playable demo i mean , the website isn't that often visited. I rather make quicky posts on Patreon which is also fine.. i guess ?

Reactions: Krull

sgtlev

Oct 3, 2017
hum , you are maybe reason ;) but it would be a pity your page as down ( very good making : simple , organised and clear) and maybe not remove or repair link of some project actualy not working :) , i waiting your advance for milky ways , i sure this is very funny to play.

Einen schönen Tag noch mein freude :)))

bhs38

Jul 28, 2018
Kerni, I think this game is better than most full priced games I have come across because you do something that others do not. You leave the audience wanting more. The game length is just right to get for me to get interested in it, and the story ends with me hoping that you will create the next part. Most games here try to fit too much into the game, but you stay focused on the story. Your focus on the story with the other parts being secondary is why I think this is the best single player game I have played in years. I would have enjoyed this game even if the explicit content was removed.

Case in point, I bought a dragon age game three years ago thinking that the story would be good. I only played the dragon age game once, and by the time I was two thirds of the way through the game, I did not read any of the dialogue and skipped through as fast as I could. I am now on my third play through of a tale of forgotten lives, and this time I not skipping the hacking or combat to progress (the combat is the one part of the game I do not like).

Your game was better than the dragon age game I bought for $15. If I could send you $20 over the internet without my every move tracked, I would. This game is the best game on this site, and I would rate it 97 out of 100.

Ausgezeichnet

Reactions: GroPin and sgtlev

Kerni

Game Developer
Oct 9, 2017
Kerni, I think this game is better than most full priced games I have come across because you do something that others do not. You leave the audience wanting more.
Thank you , but this -more- could take a while since i am currently on another project called Milky ways.(still very early WIP)

I am now on my third play through of a tale of forgotten lives, and this time I not skipping the hacking or combat to progress (the combat is the one part of the game I do not like).
You third playthrough ?.. wow.. I mean the story stays the same and there is not much variety to it.

And regarding the combat... yeahh.. my fault . I wanted to implement something and failed >_<

Reactions: Krull

sgtlev

Oct 3, 2017
i don't sayed your have failed , you have just try to implemente a classic combat style but ... it's no really in good place to this game.
but all is not lost :
-tooo many gameplay figthing exist :) ( but keep the side " turn by turn" is timeless )
- or a FPS combat style as fallout,call of... ( i know taht is very complicated codding for this ... it's just a idea)

figthing or not yours game as really fun ,don't worry for some detail , and i sayed more : it's never too late for fixing and lvl up your game- programmer skill :)

ps : i have just one idea for yours future project : - a customisable characters for protagonist ( is maybe not your favorite game , it's just a idea for largest your "fan club" , well idea is here , take or not ) and iI just realized that I break your nuts with all my lousy suggestions

Kerni

Game Developer
Oct 9, 2017
ps : i have just one idea for yours future project : - a customisable characters for protagonist ( is maybe not your favorite game , it's just a idea for largest your "fan club" , well idea is here , take or not ) and iI just realized that I break your nuts with all my lousy suggestions
Would be a idea but it with the current style of game i am going right now this is kind of wasted effort since you do not see the protagonist all the time. (FPS view)

Deleted member 167032

Alternate Existence
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Going to give you try a try as it seems interesting for sure. I also read the English needs some work so I will see myself. If that is the case i have a very good proofreader if you interested @Kerni

But overall it seems like a very good game... well done.

sgtlev

Oct 3, 2017
hey kerni , after have play at aatofl , museum of device , love desperate addiction and some cell -shock ,I did not stop to notice your talent to imagine a very good scenarios , you never dream to create a film or anything is this style ??? you have a great potential if you will , or maybe write a roman , you can seriously xD

Gnetix

Jul 2, 2017
I guess you mean the orbit camera used in some sex scenes. If so then no.. you can not just activate it at will.
No. I mean, just a free camera. In some games, for example, you can enter a console command and you can move the camera without restrictions. Through walls and etc.

Kerni

Game Developer
Oct 9, 2017
Is there any walkthrough and is there any way to get to the gallery yet, haven't played this gem
I did not created a walkthrough since this game is very linear and there are not -game overs- you can encounter. If you want to know what to do you can use F1 to see the current objective.

A galler mode is not implemented since... well.. this is no 2D game with simple pictures. There are generic events you can do with the girls though. (free roaming mode)

Reactions: SigmaDrake

garet

Aug 5, 2016

"

Kind of late updating this but i thought nobody visits this site anyway >_< Anyway , AATOFL 0.96 is the final release candiate and i added the final chapter as well as a ending. I also released a patch for this version which will fix the placement of devices from the command section. Anyway , here are the download links

As always , the Linux and Mac versions are untested and unsupported since i do not own a pc with either Linux or/and Mac on it.(and it will only costs too much time anyway)

The current development status so far :
– Feature complete beta
– about 25000 VN frames
– about 5 GB unpacked /1.8GB packed
– Using DX 11
– Needs > 5 GB of RAM (heavy texture load , Please consider to use half texture resolution option in menu)

Change log : 0.95 to 0.96 (Final release canidate)
– Fixed : Plant threesome scene will not trigger after loading a old savegame
– Fixed : Plant threesome scene first unique event
– Fixed : Aemi’s lingerie should now be visible after command section story
– Fixed : Symbiotic suit should now be visible after loading a savegame
– Fixed : Many little things and story blockers if forgot about >_<
"

baneini

Jun 28, 2017
Thank you , but this -more- could take a while since i am currently on another project called Milky ways.(still very early WIP)
Try to avoid the meteoric rise of what the girls accept sexually and then plateau on that level for the rest of the game.

4.40 star(s) 54 Votes