• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
I suggest you may like to review the walkthrough as it covers these events but in brief for the apprentice version

Before the conference
- talk to people who may know about the occult, notably Mr Beasley (non Bimbo) or Sarah
- attend and just cast the spell on her when you are together
That is it! Likely you did not ask around about the necklace.

Reactions: Engelstein

Engelstein

Feb 17, 2018
I suggest you may like to review the walkthrough as it covers these events but in brief for the apprentice version

Before the conference
- talk to people who may know about the occult, notably Mr Beasley (non Bimbo) or Sarah
- attend and just cast the spell on her when you are together
That is it! Likely you did not ask around about the necklace.
I was following Cap's walkthrough and it doesn't say who I need to speak with but I checked out the old walkthrough and it mentioned Sarah who I have not charmed yet. Apparently she gives me everything I need in order to charm Gabby. Thanks for helping :)

airze

Feb 8, 2018
I was following Cap's walkthrough and it doesn't say who I need to speak with but I checked out the old walkthrough and it mentioned Sarah who I have not charmed yet. Apparently she gives me everything I need in order to charm Gabby. Thanks for helping :)
Apprentice path Sarah isnt charmable and you might be better off talking to the mayer to get to the party enstead of sarah

Engelstein

Feb 17, 2018
I'm pretty sure I wrote this information. I can't check right now, but I had some problems with the event, so I made sure to cover it the best I could.
If you did, in my defense I had pulled an all-nighter, so I might have missed it.

Capacitor

Dec 8, 2017
If you did, in my defense I had pulled an all-nighter, so I might have missed it.
Chapter 7, not much before the end:
Speak with Sarah Gates or Mayor Thomas about the upcoming event.
I have to say though that there seems to be an error in the path selection, so you were also right, you couldn't have seen it. I suggest to not select a path, while I try to understand why it doesn't work anymore. :mad:

Edit: I found and corrected the problem. Some capital letters in the wrong places, I don't know how they ended there. I probably did some mass substitution that got out of control, I don't know...

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
i updated to 14.8.3 i have 14.8.4 but when i play it no pictures where to extract update file?
Very likely you have applied the update incorrectly, or you are only using the update.

The 14.8.4 update is exactly that, it must be applied to a full versiom of the game, just merge it into the existing installation

zapdose

Mar 25, 2017
well that was a weird bug, all my saves are gone... any one by chance have a male apprentice save around chapter 3 in the walkthrough they could give?

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
well that was a weird bug, all my saves are gone... any one by chance have a male apprentice save around chapter 3 in the walkthrough they could give?
I doubt this was a bug, it is most likely something cleared cookies and/or other parts of your browser cache. For instance if you were running in a private mode or ran a 3rd party program to clear data like CCleaner etc

Otherwise I am not very familar with the walkthrough, the game itself does not have chapters, so where in the general game do you want a save, are we talking after the Ritual, after the Seance etc

zapdose

Mar 25, 2017
I doubt this was a bug, it is most likely something cleared cookies and/or other parts of your browser cache. For instance if you were running in a private mode or ran a 3rd party program to clear data like CCleaner etc

Otherwise I am not very familar with the walkthrough, the game itself does not have chapters, so where in the general game do you want a save, are we talking after the Ritual, after the Seance etc
idk what happened. I saved, the game flashed and i was at the main menu and the load menu had nothing in it(quick saves auto,etc) but I was at collecting the items for the ritual.
Edit: im pretty sure when I clicked my save It somehow popped to the top of the page and I hit the delete all button.

thusetro

Dec 4, 2017
idk what happened. I saved, the game flashed and i was at the main menu and the load menu had nothing in it(quick saves auto,etc) but I was at collecting the items for the ritual.
Edit: im pretty sure when I clicked my save It somehow popped to the top of the page and I hit the delete all button.
All my saves diapeared (2times - a lot of time playing !) and i am absolutely sure i didn't accidentaly hit a delete button ! :mad:o_O

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
All my saves diapeared (2times - a lot of time playing !) and i am absolutely sure i didn't accidentaly hit a delete button ! :mad:o_O
Do you run anything that clears cookies or or other things from your browser cache?

I am fairly sure there is no bug in the game that can cause issues like this, as I have not had bug reports of this, aside from people explicitly running something that cleared their browser cache, and that is not a bug

Still if there is something please let me know what happened around the time you lost the saves. I will make sure the 'delete all' button confirms any delete otherwise

thusetro

Dec 4, 2017
Do you run anything that clears cookies or or other things from your browser cache?

I am fairly sure there is no bug in the game that can cause issues like this, as I have not had bug reports of this, aside from people explicitly running something that cleared their browser cache, and that is not a bug

Still if there is something please let me know what happened around the time you lost the saves. I will make sure the 'delete all' button confirms any delete otherwise
I didn't do anything in any mater (except perhaps using cheat 2x for gaining experience). It hapened two times in two days. I was playing for some time, then i quit (after saving several times at different moment in the game). The folowing day, when i run the game a lot of saves were missing. Only leaving me with a save of turn 2565. All other vanished.

I had another trouble : after going to the gentleman club and questioning Jade, the bank manager give me no more money when i present a letter of credit. i dont know if it's related to the previous bug... problem... glitch... whatever.

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
I didn't do anything in any mater (except perhaps using cheat 2x for gaining experience). It hapened two times in two days. I was playing for some time, then i quit (after saving several times at different moment in the game). The folowing day, when i run the game a lot of saves were missing. Only leaving me with a save of turn 2565. All other vanished.

I had another trouble : after going to the gentleman club and questioning Jade, the bank manager give me no more money when i present a letter of credit. i dont know if it's related to the previous bug... problem... glitch... whatever.
Very likely you hit a storage limit for your browser, these are quite large in many cases but if you hit it saves get lost. What browser were you using and on the save/load screen how does it say you are saving (Cookies, localStorage, indexDB)

Otherwise the money issue is probably an issue where rarely in the Jade events your money can become negative. Open the cheat menu and add money until it goes positive

thusetro

Dec 4, 2017
Very likely you hit a storage limit for your browser, these are quite large in many cases but if you hit it saves get lost. What browser were you using and on the save/load screen how does it say you are saving (Cookies, localStorage, indexDB)

Otherwise the money issue is probably an issue where rarely in the Jade events your money can become negative. Open the cheat menu and add money until it goes positive
I don't remember the number of save, but it was 5 only the last time. I use firefox (on Mac)... and i don't know what you mean by the save/load screen.
This said, its late and i'm going to sleep. Thanks for your attention.