VN Ren'Py A mod for ProjectSAGE

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

lemaro

May 11, 2021
I may have forgotten to put some of the images from the earlier mods in this zip, I'll take a look and add a link if they are missing.

looks like they are all in there, there should not be any old images on day 1, there are still missing images for day 2 and three.
Is the fix for the bug ready? Not rushing but was just wondering if it's been updated yet or not

DM72

Apr 9, 2023
I may have forgotten to put some of the images from the earlier mods in this zip, I'll take a look and add a link if they are missing.

looks like they are all in there, there should not be any old images on day 1, there are still missing images for day 2 and three.
Should I delete anything from the old folder, maybe? All I did was just drop it straight into the folder, without removing anything.

RuddyB

Jun 4, 2018
Should I delete anything from the old folder, maybe? All I did was just drop it straight into the folder, without removing anything.
If you just dropped the extracted folder into the old game folder you may have the game folder in the wrong place. My suggestion would be to open the extracted folder and copy the game folder then paste it into the old game's main folder so that it overwrites the files it needs to in the old game's game file. I hope that makes sense.

lemaro

May 11, 2021
If you just dropped the extracted folder into the old game folder you may have the game folder in the wrong place. My suggestion would be to open the extracted folder and copy the game folder then paste it into the old game's main folder so that it overwrites the files it needs to in the old game's game file. I hope that makes sense.
Does the most recent share include the beach update or was it just supposed to be for Day 1? I noticed in-game I couldn't get to some scenes but checking the image folder there seems to be some more renders.

But it might be because I'm doing something wrong with file extraction or because I'm on Mac (i am running the 1.9d version though)

Gunsothegreat

Jun 12, 2018
The new update is just for day1, I'll need to do some more work on the scripts for day 2 and three and I'll probably find a few missing images. I've set up day1 and the video game night in a new script to separate the game logic from the story, so now finding and fixing bugs will probably be faster and I can run a spell checker on the story scripts. I'm working on what I think is the last bug now.

The game night script was a bit of a mess, seems I pasted a part of the script in the wrong place, and accidentally deleted a portion of one branch, I have a few hours today to work on it so I hope I can finish tonight. then I'll move on to day 2 which should be faster, I am dreading day 3 though, it may be an even bigger mess than day 1.

Last edited:

lemaro

May 11, 2021
The new update is just for day1, I'll need to do some more work on the scripts for day 2 and three and I'll probably find a few missing images. I've set up day1 and the video game night in a new script to separate the game logic from the story, so now finding and fixing bugs will probably be faster and I can run a spell checker on the story scripts. I'm working on what I think is the last bug now.

The game night script was a bit of a mess, seems I pasted a part of the script in the wrong place, and accidentally deleted a portion of one branch, I have a few hours today to work on it so I hope I can finish tonight. then I'll move on to day 2 which should be faster, I am dreading day 3 though, it may be an even bigger mess than day 1.
Ah thanks for the clarification! yeah I got confused since some folks were struggling to set it up, so I thought I may have also made a mistake since I noticed I didn't see some of the images.

Anyway, amazing update so far :)

Gunsothegreat

Jun 12, 2018
Some good news, I'm done breaking down the day 1 scripts into two scripts, one with the game logic/programming and another just with the story text/images. I've run the script through a spell-checker, and that works for the most part, there might be the occasional spelling error since I have to skip all the errors that are triggered by variable names and such things. but the spelling should be a lot better from now on. I've made good progress on the images, I think I only have the end sequence when Amy goes back to her room left, I think I'm missing 10-15 images there. The script seems to be running correctly now, so I just need to add the new images and render a few for the end in Amys room.

Mr_Ainz

Oct 26, 2017
I want to apologise for bringing up this topic again but maybe looking into a standalone version can also be beneficial given that the PS download links can get outdated. Now that can easily be fixed by updating them. Another point is that the engine version can also be upgraded. I confess I don't know about how important that is for ren'py but it's been some years and I don't know how long Gunsothegreat plans on making this mod.

Gunsothegreat

Jun 12, 2018
I took a break last week, had a big shock when I thought I'd managed to destroy my computer while trying to install a second SSD. the computer would just crash right after the bios test and the automated repair system un-installed some stuff to try to fix the problem, I've been getting things up and running again. I think I've added about 100 images to day1, it's up to 695 now, cant remember what it was before, I've fixed more bugs than I care to count as soon as I'm done with one I notice another. I'm done making promises about the next release, I don't really know, like the lady in red said, for the code is long and full of errors, or something like that. I think I'm close, but I've thought that for a while now.

lemaro

May 11, 2021
I took a break last week, had a big shock when I thought I'd managed to destroy my computer while trying to install a second SSD. the computer would just crash right after the bios test and the automated repair system un-installed some stuff to try to fix the problem, I've been getting things up and running again. I think I've added about 100 images to day1, it's up to 695 now, cant remember what it was before, I've fixed more bugs than I care to count as soon as I'm done with one I notice another. I'm done making promises about the next release, I don't really know, like the lady in red said, for the code is long and full of errors, or something like that. I think I'm close, but I've thought that for a while now.
Thanks man. Also since I'm feeling the Amy withdrawal, care for any light spoilers that can be shared? hehe

Reactions: atlas114
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes