VN Ren'Py A mod for ProjectSAGE

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Gunsothegreat

Jun 12, 2018
Hello everybody, I'm still waiting for paperwork to continue his game ProjectSAGE, but I'm loosing hope. So I started modding the game, updating the graphics with daz models, fixing some of the strange grammar, cutting out content that don't add anything to the game. While I'm just doing this for fun, I would be interested in hearing from other fans of the game which parts of the game you liked or disliked, and what you would like to see in the game. I'm just about finished with the first day in the game and I'll probably post my mod here for those interested once I feel there is enough content done for people to enjoy. I might do a poll on what to cut from the game and what people want more of once I've finished with the firs couple of days in the game.

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
I'd say focus on making a new game inspired in that one instead of "continuing" someone else's game.

Rate of abandonment is already high, but when it comes to modders trying to continue abandoned games it's probably 100% abandonment rate, I don't remember seeing any of those abandoned games "continued" by modders to ever be finished.

Gunsothegreat

Jun 12, 2018
I am working on the script for a game inspired by projectSage, but I want to have a longer script before making images and program. This is just a project for fun to improve my daz skills. I highly dought this will ever be a finished game, but it's something to keep me occupied when I feel stuck on my script.
I have found that it's the writing part that fucks things up, it's very hard to estimate how long the writing takes, making the images and programming is more reliable.

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
but it's something to keep me occupied when I feel stuck on my script.
I'd still recommend you to just start another short and not no serious project instead if your goal is to practice.

Basically another project to use that energy more efficiently that can also lead to a finished small product instead of wasting time transforming someone else's work into something they never intended to begin with.

By your description you are not only changing the story but also moving away from HS to DAZ, it sounds like there might be nothing left for fans of the previous game at this point.

trektant

Oct 28, 2017
Only bits I cared about were at the very end, heh.
Really though, I suggest looking at the first abandoned version of the game. It may be messy but it at least has some action. More satisfying to leave that one behind. Way too many different characters that barely go anywhere in SAGE (which I guess is what I'd suggest focusing on cutting out).

Reactions: HanktheHunk3

Gunsothegreat

Jun 12, 2018
I tried both, I liked the new version better, in spite of the lack of hardcore. besides, HS graphics don't turn me on, you might as well draw stick figures, they are about as sexy. There is no dought paperwork planned to have hardcore stuff in the new game, looking at the code he has a lot of variables set up to keep count of various sexual activities, but he just didn't get that far. I don't know why he stopped working on the game, I only discovered the game a few months ago so I don't know if he had any real support on patreon, and when he re-booted the game his supporters might have lost interest. the moral of that story, don't start a project unless you are clear on what direction you're going to take, changing your game mid-development is sure to piss off supporters. It's a shame how things turned out, I for one have had enough of all the male-protagonist harem games.

Gunsothegreat

Jun 12, 2018
By your description you are not only changing the story but also moving away from HS to DAZ, it sounds like there might be nothing left for fans of the previous game at this point.
That's completely fine, I'm doing this for me, not anyone else, if somebody else is interested I'm happy to listen to feedback. I am not paperwork, anything I add to the game is not what he intended. nobody knows what he intended because he stopped. I don't blame him, it's easy to burn out doing these kinds of games, something that's obvious when you look at how many of these projects get abandoned. It would also be pretty pointless to mod a game if I didn't change anything, that is the very essence of modding. Thats all I'm doing, I'm not finishing the game, I do not promise anything, I'm just saying this is what I'm doing if anyone is interested, if nobody is, that's fine. I will do this as long as it's fun, and then I'll move on, I'm not asking for money, I'm not demanding that anyone try's my mod, I'm just looking for feedback from fans of the game about what they liked or did not like about the game. that's all.

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
It would also be pretty pointless to mod a game if I didn't change anything, that is the very essence of modding.
To be fair, what you are doing has already crossed the "modding" definition, you are basically re-creating the entire game which probably isn't considered a mod at this point anymore, its closer to a remake.
I will do this as long as it's fun, and then I'll move on, I'm not asking for money, I'm not demanding that anyone try's my mod, I'm just looking for feedback from fans of the game about what they liked or did not like about the game. that's all.
Sure, my only point is that you can put this exact same effort into a new non serious personal project instead, where you will be learning the exact same while also having ownership of the project, because you never know, sometimes it is the thing you start for fun that ends up becoming your main goal later.

Reactions: Novaa76

trektant

Oct 28, 2017
I'm pretty sure a lot of people preferred the new one. Certainly a more sane experience. A slower pace towards the same goal, which is why I suggested the first version in case you don't extend it.

My impression is that he set himself up for burnout. Hell, I felt burnt out myself from the constant new people and jobs that crazy bitch kept loading on herself. Gotta limit the width of interactions if you want them to be deep, but it just kept getting wider.
Or he had other problems, who knows.

Gunsothegreat

Jun 12, 2018
Meaning Less, your recommendation has been noted, and you are free to have any opinion you like. Could you at least share with me what you liked/disliked about the game, that something I'm a lot more interested in.

atlas114

Engaged Member
May 4, 2017
Gunsothegreat I agree with the points you made in the main thread:

No to:

> dream sequence
> wet T-shirt contest, competing with other girls
> butt-plug (as you said, too early for a 20-year old girl to be exploring)
> RPG adventure

Yes to:

> Uncle Stephen
> Aunt jealousy
> Open shower/bathing, eventual nude around the house
> More exhibitionism

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
I dont agree with Meaning Less at all.
I like "remakes" and use a story that already exist. since u are not using HS, its already an improvement.
I get that a daz-dev that is "quite good" and he abandon the game and an amateur trying to make a remake with worse quality. that usually result in a "bad taste"
but your 2 renders examples already show an improvement in quality (that doesnt mean I didnt like Paperwork, of course I did and he did really well with HS, a real pro)

as for butt-play:
I both agree and disagree.
I like that she is an anal-lover. but I would like a more slow progress.
and that she will not use the butt-plug that early. so she is not using it when she go out. that is for much later together with a male, maybe a dominant male that asks her to use it in public.
but I would love that she is anal-curious. one reason is that I would like her to protect her virginity as long possible.

as for nude around the house:
it need to be good progress. the whole "exciting" about that is that is taboo, it should not be obvious. its the "getting caught" that is erotic, but once everyone are used to it, the excitement drops.
its the same with the bathing/shower. its exciting that they spy on her. and also when she notice and let them watch, but its not obvious. or she let them enter, but she plays "innocent". that part did Paperwork really good. naive, innocent but sexy and hot and enjoy the attention and she enjoy teasing but not dirty.

so, Uncle Stephen and bathroom are what I enjoy a lot.
apart from that the school (but not everything) I like that she is in commanding and tease the little guy.
protecting him. just the two. and maybe the principal a bit. if I where to decide it would be that the principal would blackmail her to be with his son. conflicted she will do it, but in the same time, bit by bit she starts to like to help the little guy.
I also want the principal to be more passive initially, and spy (using cameras) so he see what she do with him. and later, he will also join the fun.

anyway, the game is huge, so hard to pick what I want or not. but something I dont like is
- rpg fantasy/dreams
- the homeless
- wet T-shirt contest
- the boyfriend
- the brothers
- the beach kids (some parts I like but not all) the beach dudes are more enjoyable.
- the catwalk show (can be make shorter and not that extreme)
- babysitting kids

Jude6

Sep 17, 2017
Yes
- Personally I really enjoyed the modelling career - although there was a lot of fluff in the early dress store and modelling scenes, a lot of dialogue that could be condensed right down or taken out entirely.
- Like everyone else, I was also really sad that the game ended just when it looked like the Uncle Stephen storyline was gearing up, content with him is a must.
- I liked the content with the cousins/brother-figures too but mainly because they provided opportunities for Amy to meet and end up flirting with their friends.
- I liked the scenes with the Neighbor, also think that storyline was pretty efficient with how it was paced out.
- Don't know about anyone else but I also loved the blackmail plot with the repair guy/his buddy (forgot their names), a little bit of non-con & some forced exhibitionism really added spice to the game.
- On that note I also really liked the beach-professor guys, in the last few updates of the game they really put in work to coax more out of Amy than anyone else.

Maybe
- The beach-boys were there to serve the Shota demographic, which I didn't mind but wouldn't miss all that much, so long as Amy has at least one good reason to go back to the beach.
- The scenes with the Grandfather I don't feel strongly about one way or the other, I think he was supposed to be Amy's link to a larger central plot that never really presented itself - so without any idea what that central plot was I'd say the Grandfather can be completely removed from the story.

No Thankyou
- Agreed the Butt-plug stuff was an odd addition, I just assumed that Paperwork was really into butt-stuff and prepping for a lot of that content in future.

trektant

Oct 28, 2017
its the "getting caught" that is erotic, but once everyone are used to it, the excitement drops.
Nah man, it's the casual eroticism that does it. The confidence and will of the girl along with what she can get away with. Shows progress both in herself and those around her.
But hey, it's your taste. I'm pretty sure the author was setting things up for her slutty behavior being a new norm though, given that paperwork stated that the first version of the game is 'the real spirit of Amy' on the last page in the thread.

Reactions: Gunsothegreat

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
yeah. I know the first game everything evolved faster. and that would be what the second game eventually would get to.
but playing the first game was not as good as the second. because it was too fast for my taste.
for me Amy is a work in progress. even if the real spirit is an anal-lover slut that want to get gangbanged and used as a toilett. that for me is the conclusion, corruption is complete. and that part is for me very uninteresting.
some hentai-games are like that, quite fast the girl became a cockhungry slut. and thats when I quit.
Im interested in her slow corruption and I decide what and who is gonna help her awaken it.

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes