3D Software Help and Assistance. Ask Away.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I am trying to convert a dress (2 really), that were custom made for a custom character I made for my game (Hestia parody). I followed a tutorial, figured out that I needed to use the Reverse Source Shape from Target option (for which I have to turn off morph targets to work), but no matter what I do, it takes the nice shape of the dress, and the ribbon around it, and shrink wraps it to her tits, like they are hiding a vacuum behind each one. This is completely destroying the mesh and the texture around that area.
So, no one knows how to do a "fit to" in Daz, without mangling the chest area with that shrink wrap effect?

DrkPhoenix

May 12, 2018
So, no one knows how to do a "fit to" in Daz, without mangling the chest area with that shrink wrap effect?
The way that i get around it is to add a deforce modifier to the clothing item. After that i go to timeline and set it to 30 frames and at frame one I zero all my morphs after that i go to frame 30 and set all my morphs back on. Then i simulate from timeline and let the figure grow into the clothing item. You could also play around with fit control if that does not work for you. If that still does not work then you could try marvelous designer.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
The way that i get around it is to add a deforce modifier to the clothing item. After that i go to timeline and set it to 30 frames and at frame one I zero all my morphs after that i go to frame 30 and set all my morphs back on. Then i simulate from timeline and let the figure grow into the clothing item. You could also play around with fit control if that does not work for you. If that still does not work then you could try marvelous designer.
Thanks, but the problem with using the timeline for dForce, is that you can't then save that frame 30 as the only frame, and then use it in other scenes, animations, and so on, you are stuck starting at frame 30, and if there is more than once dForce item you are screwed. If dForce doesn't blow it up, or crash your video card, or some other nonsense. I have never had any luck with it.

Fit control kind of worked on the simple dress but you can still tell that it's broken.
1696999323151.png
But for the complex one, it is just destroyed. Everywhere around the breasts gets sucked in, like she has a vacuum in there. Even the top part is broken. Not even spandex could do this!
Chestia Drestia Fail Transfer.jpg
Fit control is not going to fix this well enough.

It looks like I am going to have to parent it to her without fitting, and pose them both manually.

Oh well, thanks for the suggestions.

John-fromuk

Feb 27, 2022
Hey guys!

I'm finally doing progress on the software on my own after watching a lots of tutorials but one thing it's not so clear for me yet.

How to create the animations specially the sex ones? All the videos that I found on Youtube skipped a few steps on the process, making not too understandable for me. Anybody knows one tutorial that could help with that? (explaining like I'm five)

Thanks!

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Hey guys!

I'm finally doing progress on the software on my own after watching a lots of tutorials but one thing it's not so clear for me yet.

How to create the animations specially the sex ones? All the videos that I found on Youtube skipped a few steps on the process, making not too understandable for me. Anybody knows one tutorial that could help with that? (explaining like I'm five)

Thanks!
Daz tutorials are few and far between, and good ones are even harder to find.

Personally, what I do for sex loops, is start with 3 frames, making sure the first and last are the same.
Then I move the center one, and make it, for example, the thrust pose.
Once you are happy there, then slowly add FPS to fill in the gaps, and then make corrections as needed.

You can use the same process for non-loops, you just don't need the first and last to match, just start with your base post, set your key frames, and then fill that in by adding FPS.

Others might have better ideas, but that's my workflow for them.

Another tip, get Limbstick or something like it, it will help a lot.

**Also, make sure you save and load your poses at those keyframes, so that things don't move as you go.

Last edited:

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
Hey guys!

Thanks!
It can get really really involved... Depending just what your trying to accomplish, and to what degree.. movements and postions have to be timed, and or planned for each partner......

Reactions: TheDevian

John-fromuk

Feb 27, 2022
Daz tutorials are few and far between, and good ones are even harder to find.

Personally, what I do for sex loops, is start with 3 frames, making sure the first and last are the same.
Then I move the center one, and make it, for example, the thrust pose.
Once you are happy there, then slowly add FPS to fill in the gaps, and then make corrections as needed.

You can use the same process for non-loops, you just don't need the first and last to match, just start with your base post, set your key frames, and then fill that in by adding FPS.

Others might have better ideas, but that's my workflow for them.

Another tip, get Limbstick or something like it, it will help a lot.

**Also, make sure you save and load your poses at those keyframes, so that things don't move as you go.
I understand what you're telling me I just don't know how to apply this or even begin to do that. It's a complete new tool for me, I feel like if I don't see the steps myself one by one very detailed I just can't do it ;( but thanks for trying anyway. I will try to keep searching for better tutorials.

John-fromuk

Feb 27, 2022
It can get really really involved... Depending just what your trying to accomplish, and to what degree.. movements and postions have to be timed, and or planned for each partner......
That's the problem, I am still learning. I don't know what I can do or even how hard it would be to learn that. I have limited time and I work too much outside of this project, it makes things harder if you don't have proper tools to learn.

ald140876

Jun 27, 2020
Hair is definitely
Not 100% sure about model but seems like Sayble
thanks for the help, I also searched and since the image is of expressions for g3f I kept searching and found the hair that is "Noxy Hair for G3 females" assuming that the author who uses the model (anagord) was the creator and reviewing their catalog the more closest I found was "LUST GIRLS – Head and Body Morphs for G3F Vol1" and "Abrielle G3F", so I think it's a custom model.

anyway thanks again

Reactions: Xeni88

faramata

Mar 13, 2022
Thanks, but the problem with using the timeline for dForce, is that you can't then save that frame 30 as the only frame, and then use it in other scenes, animations, and so on, you are stuck starting at frame 30, and if there is more than once dForce item you are screwed. If dForce doesn't blow it up, or crash your video card, or some other nonsense. I have never had any luck with it.

[...]

It looks like I am going to have to parent it to her without fitting, and pose them both manually.

Oh well, thanks for the suggestions.
There might be a better way.

dForce is awesome! But let's face it, it can be slow. Sometimes, you just want to quickly use a dForce item in your scene without the hassle of setting up and executing a simulation. And dForce items often include few, if any, morphs. dForce2Morph to the rescue! Create morphs from your dForce simulations for dForce clothing, hair, and other items! Set up and run your simulation, and then execute dForce2Morph. Quickly and easily save that simulation as a morph for use later in any scene. Drape clothing, blow hair, drop cloth, etc. Take your dForce item and create a morph.

Reactions: TheDevian and Jumbi

Yuuki4

Jun 30, 2018
There might be a better way.

dForce is awesome! But let's face it, it can be slow. Sometimes, you just want to quickly use a dForce item in your scene without the hassle of setting up and executing a simulation. And dForce items often include few, if any, morphs. dForce2Morph to the rescue! Create morphs from your dForce simulations for dForce clothing, hair, and other items! Set up and run your simulation, and then execute dForce2Morph. Quickly and easily save that simulation as a morph for use later in any scene. Drape clothing, blow hair, drop cloth, etc. Take your dForce item and create a morph.
You don't actually need an addon for saving morphs in Daz. Here's a 5min guide of how to do it:

Reactions: Jumbi and TheDevian

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I had tried saving the original obj as a morph, but when I used it after fitting it to her, it deformed to an extreme degree. I just hope that one day we get a way to turn off the shrink-wrap effect when fitting, nothing works that way, not even spandex. :KEK:

But thanks to both of you, I will try and see if I can make these tricks work. I have ways to make it work for future projects, but it is too late for this dress, I can't change it now without ruining the shape and the texture.

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
I had tried saving the original obj as a morph, but when I used it after fitting it to her, it deformed to an extreme degree. I just hope that one day we get a way to turn off the shrink-wrap effect when fitting, nothing works that way, not even spandex. :KEK:

But thanks to both of you, I will try and see if I can make these tricks work. I have ways to make it work for future projects, but it is too late for this dress, I can't change it now without ruining the shape and the texture.
Most of the extreme deformation problems come from the option "reverse deformation".

Actually, if "reverse deformation" is unchecked, what does morph loader pro is to register a morph from the obj with respect to to the initial shape of the clothing. So, if your char is not a base G8F (or G9, or whatever), the cloth has already been deformed by autofit to adapt to the size/breast/waist/etc of the char. And maybe, you have applied some other morphs to make the cloth shorter, to roll up the sleeves, etc. All these morphs will be registered by morph loader pro in the morph that you create. And when you apply your new morph, the main result is that these morphs will be applied twice which will create extreme deformations.

If "reverse deformation" is checked, morph loader pro will first substract the current active morphs to the morph that it creates. When you apply the new morph, the currently active morph will not be applied twice, and this is generally what you want.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Most of the extreme deformation problems come from the option "reverse deformation".

Actually, if "reverse deformation" is unchecked, what does morph loader pro is to register a morph from the obj with respect to to the initial shape of the clothing. So, if your char is not a base G8F (or G9, or whatever), the cloth has already been deformed by autofit to adapt to the size/breast/waist/etc of the char. And maybe, you have applied some other morphs to make the cloth shorter, to roll up the sleeves, etc. All these morphs will be registered by morph loader pro in the morph that you create. And when you apply your new morph, the main result is that these morphs will be applied twice which will create extreme deformations.

If "reverse deformation" is checked, morph loader pro will first substract the current active morphs to the morph that it creates. When you apply the new morph, the currently active morph will not be applied twice, and this is generally what you want.
Yeah, I used the reverse loader thing, and everything is perfect until it does the 'fit to' process and it deforms the chest around her tits to an extreme degree (I mean, they are very large, but still). It was made to fit her exactly, so it's frustrating. lol

Aug 28, 2021
Hi,

Beyond rendering purposes, is there a point to get Genesis 9? I will use characters in real time (which mean a blender conversion and loss of Iray), so does topology make a big difference? Does the rig is more functionnal? Those kind of good points.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote