3D Software Help and Assistance. Ask Away.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

lole83

Feb 3, 2018
Have you tried watching any tutorials on lighting, posing, environments, etc.? Before worrying about render settings, learn how to do some basic lighting as that'll significantly help the grain. Grain can also be pretty hardware dependent, but it's hard to say without seeing your system specs.

But I'm also running two 4090s, so ymmv.
Thank you for the reply,
I have seen some tutorials on lightning and environment, but I will definitely try to look into the lightning issue more! Most of the tutorials I saw were quite old or hard to follow for me since I'm not that familiar with Daz yet.

As for my hardware it's i5-13400F, 32GB DD5 RAM, RTX 4070.

Yuuki4

Jun 30, 2018
Hello guys.
I just started using Daz 3D and tried rendering a few images, but all of them were really grainy. I tried experimenting with lights, scenes and tone mapping but nothing seemed to help. Recently I tried different render settings based on tutorials I saw, however the results were basically identical and both of them took about 5 minutes to render.

Here are the 1. render settings I tried + the result
View attachment 3169485 View attachment 3169486

... and here are the 2. settings + the almost identical result

View attachment 3169488 View attachment 3169489

As you can see it doesn't look great and I'm not sure what else I should try.

Would someone be willing to share their render settings and/or some tips for less grainy renders? I want to try to make a 3D game in the future and I see so many high quality renders w/ sharp details etc. that are shared here, so I figured I should ask for help. Also links to any helpful tutorials are welcome, Thanks.
Yeah, like Quadruple-q said you probably just need to up those samples. 500 is very low, I usually have mine on 2560x1440 resolution and max 5000 Samples. My renders usually take somewhere between 20 min-60 min, it depends entirely on the scene. These are the Progressive Render settings I use:

1702489078397.png
With a 4070 you have a better graphics card than I do, but I'll say it anyway in case someone else can benefit: You can shave time off your renders by increasing the minimum update samples and the update interval. That way your card isn't wasting time on updating your render view-port. When I was using a 1070 I could shave off 20+ minutes doing that on some scenes, it was wild.

Since you say you are a beginner, I just want to make sure you have your Advanced render settings set so Daz actually uses your GPU, and NOT your CPU when rendering because that's just going to make stuff take forever.

1702489516512.png

As a bonus, if you want help with setting up good lighting I highly recommend Rauko on youtube. He has some really good guides on how to set up portraits and stuff that (IMO anyway) looks really good. Here's one:

There are loads of stuff on Daz for beginners on youtube, other than Rauko I would also recommend The WP Guru and Steven David:

All three of them has random Daz-guides on shit that usually comes up, or at least did when I started using Daz.

Reactions: lole83

Vigeous

May 3, 2021
So guys, I'm learning Daz3d, but I can't seem to find tutorials how to make sex scenes. Adding genitals to male characters or females. I would also like to learn how sex poses are made, so that it looks realistic.

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
So guys, I'm learning Daz3d, but I can't seem to find tutorials how to make sex scenes. Adding genitals to male characters or females. I would also like to learn how sex poses are made, so that it looks realistic.

Probably the best (and only, really) you're going to find. It's not free, though $20 dollars isn't a ton for how much info he gives here.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Jumbi and Vigeous

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
Hello all,

So, I got this asset https://f95zone.to/threads/reliable-bodyguard-for-g8f.180266/

It comes with a Gens map but I don't know how to apply it.

Any help would be awesome!
It's a Genesis 8 Female character. After loading that character, the first thing you need to do is adding the G8F genitalia to the figure. You should find it in your content library, under People>Genesis 8 Female>Anatomy.

g8f_genitalia.jpg

Once you have the G8F genitals applied to the character, you select the genitals on the scene tab and then apply the genitalia material that comes with that character.

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
Thanks!

First part is good, but when I try to load the gen mat, I get this error message:

View attachment 3193597
And you're trying to apply the materials to the Reliable Bodyguard Character, right? I'm no expert, but to my knowledge, the Invalid hierarchy for selected node(s) warning happens when you try to load assets that are specific for one prop or figure onto a different prop or figure.

Anyway, I can suggest you trying to select the character on the scene tab rather than her genitals and then retrying to load the materials for the genitalia. Have a try at that. If that does not work either, my next suggestion is that you ask for help in the thread where you downloaded this character from. Good luck.

Vigeous

May 3, 2021
Is there any morphs that can enlarge female genitals. I'm having an issue with doggy pose, making the vagina disappear when opening it.
Here:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Vigeous

May 3, 2021
is that Golden Palace gens? if not, Golden has the most amount of morphs i believe..everything is controllable
No, it's Victoria 8 Gen. I was wondering if there is product in daz store that can alter shapes and enlarge genitals. I know golden palace but I loved this one the most out of all the ones that I have found.

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
No, it's Victoria 8 Gen. I was wondering if there is product in daz store that can alter shapes and enlarge genitals. I know golden palace but I loved this one the most out of all the ones that I have found.
There are many assets to improve daz genitals.

I have no opinion on these assets. They are recorded in my DB, but I always use Golden Palace :D

• Red Heart
Reactions: Vigeous

Vigeous

May 3, 2021
There are many assets to improve daz genitals.

I have no opinion on these assets. They are recorded in my DB, but I always use Golden Palace :D
Thanks, I'll check them out and see if that helps.

digitbrush

Apr 5, 2019
vic gen 8 is very limited with the morphs i believe. once you get the hang of Golden Palace , i believe it is the best out there. ive tried a few others but none come close. If you have any issues with it, shoot me a dm, i kinda know the ins and outs of that product :ROFLMAO: .

Reactions: Vigeous

Vigeous

May 3, 2021
vic gen 8 is very limited with the morphs i believe. once you get the hang of Golden Palace , i believe it is the best out there. ive tried a few others but none come close. If you have any issues with it, shoot me a dm, i kinda know the ins and outs of that product :ROFLMAO: .
I'm actually using Golden Palace but I wanted more variety and I took a liking to Victoria's Gen. The pussy lips are special compared to others. Thanks if I have any issues with Golden Palace I'll dm you.

Reactions: digitbrush

Mr.Nonnypants

Jan 13, 2021
I am just starting out with DAZ and I am trying to save the character models so that I can share them with my team. However if I save them as a scene subset or as a scene, the other members have to manually locate everything that I applied to the base G8 model.

Is there a more intelligent way to export a character so that they can simply click and load everything?

Or is this a fault of how DAZ saves files? Unless the folder libraries are the exact same on two different individuals computers then my team members will still have to go texture/morph hunting to load the same characters?

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
I am just starting out with DAZ and I am trying to save the character models so that I can share them with my team. However if I save them as a scene subset or as a scene, the other members have to manually locate everything that I applied to the base G8 model.

Is there a more intelligent way to export a character so that they can simply click and load everything?

Or is this a fault of how DAZ saves files? Unless the folder libraries are the exact same on two different individuals computers then my team members will still have to go texture/morph hunting to load the same characters?
The usual way to go for saving characters is using the scene subset preset. And selecting the character and all of his/her children assets to save them all. But for someone else to be able to get the character completely loaded in his/her Daz Studio, this person first needs to have all the necessary assets used for that character installed and working. Otherwise they are not going to get the whole set of features bundled with the scene subset preset of that character.

Reactions: Mr.Nonnypants

Mr.Nonnypants

Jan 13, 2021
The usual way to go for saving characters is using the scene subset preset. And selecting the character and all of his/her children assets to save them all. But for someone else to be able to get the character completely loaded in his/her Daz Studio, this person first needs to have all the necessary assets used for that character installed and working. Otherwise they are not going to get the whole set of features bundled with the scene subset preset of that character.
Would this save and apply all the morphs when they load the character?

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote