3D Software Help and Assistance. Ask Away.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

digitbrush

Apr 5, 2019
Thank you for your help. Been banging my head on this for a bit.
yes, you cant just share the file of your character with all the morphs to your team unless your team also owns all the assets associated with that model as well. it will transfer over but with the morphs missing. One way around this though, is to save the the entire character with all its morphs as a single Morph Asset...then you can share that single morph (although i dont believe it will be in HD ) . sort of like how you download a character and it has a character morph slide. (all the individual morphs you had applied were squished into a single morph and can not be adjusted anymore)

Mr.Nonnypants

Jan 13, 2021
yes, you cant just share the file of your character with all the morphs to your team unless your team also owns all the assets associated with that model as well. it will transfer over but with the morphs missing. One way around this though, is to save the the entire character with all its morphs as a single Morph Asset...then you can share that single morph (although i dont believe it will be in HD ) . sort of like how you download a character and it has a character morph slide. (all the individual morphs you had applied were squished into a single morph and can not be adjusted anymore)
Thats a good idea. However I think that could screw with the posing for the models so it won't work for me. Regardless thanks for the information as I could use that during scene creation.

theKimb

Jun 4, 2019
Are there FFXIV assets? Morphs, characters or skins or something like that? Trying to do a Viera dude but I can't find anything helpful.

Choo-choo

Aug 8, 2017
Hello! So i have prop in Blender and want send it to DAZ but keep vertex groups as in Blender for easier use/posing later
apparently vertex groups should become face groups in DAZ while importing but nothing happens
any way to do it?? Rigging from scratch in DAZ not exciting idea

Edit: Nevermind problem solved

Last edited:
Reactions: Liphisbus

alexmasonserbia

May 23, 2017
Hello guys. I'm new with Blender. I found the models of Ciri, from The Witcher, and few other characters. They are in .blend file. My question is how can I use these models outside of the .blend files. I want to create a new .blend file and import those models, one by one, to create new scenes.

DirtyDick

Jan 23, 2024
I have a couple of questions which I hope you can help me with.

Firstly, what is the scope for doing something like buying a character on Daz 3D, editing in Blender to make some changes, perhaps, and inserting it into a game? For example, I would really like to replace some of the wandering NPCs in Cyberpunk 2077. There seem to be some common formats between tools that also include rigging, which I understand says how parts of the model are connected.

Second, unrelated question, if I wanted to host a virtual performance, where the movements of models were coming from live capture, is that something that could be hosted in Unity 3D / Unreal engine?

p1n3@5573

Feb 6, 2023
I wanted to try some rendering, no reason, just for fun, but Daz3D doesn't support Linux
I did manage to install it in VM with GPU pass-through, that had some issues, then i tried using Wine, again some other issues, long story short, cant really use Daz3D
So i thought i could try Blender, it works on Linux
I read somewhere here that Blender is much more powerful but also has much steeper learning curve
How difficult is to learn Blender, compared to Daz3D, for a complete beginner?
(For reference, i did manage to do some renders in Daz3D, they were not great, but it took me only few hours to pose and render few simple scenes)

sidcarton

Sep 17, 2019
Hi guys, this is more a posing question than anything else. Specifically, when you have scenes with two or more characters that are interacting in some way, and their size/scale values are different, trying to get them to align properly is kind of a pain.

I work in Daz, and my workflow so far is to select an interactive pose that is "close enough" and then try to manipulate it so that the poses line up. For example, a kiss between a very tall person and a normal size person. There are products I have in my library that kinda-sorta do this (my petite gf, my short bf, etc) but the pose sets are limited.

My questions are these:
- Are there posing tools in Daz that I'm missing that would make this whole thing easier? There doesn't seem to be a way to just move a bone into a specific position (e.g. move left hand on figure X to shoulder on figure Y). Trying to manually move them that precisely is a tedious process. Wondering if I'm missing something.
- Would I get better results "faking it" like making the figures the same size and take close-up shots to hide the fact?
- Is this a case where another tool might be better for producing the pose (and presumably saving the preset)?

MidnightArrow

Aug 22, 2021
- Are there posing tools in Daz that I'm missing that would make this whole thing easier?
No.

Daz Studio's posing tools are terrible because they want you to buy poses from their shop. It's marginally more effective if you create poses in isolation, with the figures at the world center, because you can use orthographic projection. But you can't pose two figures together like that.

As the poster above you said, Blender is very complicated to learn, but its posing and animation tools are far beyond whatever shit the Daz3d team have slapped together to get people to waste money in their shop. If you use the Diffeomorphic exporter, you'll be able to export out pose files you can load into Daz Studio. It's not a great way to work, especially if you need to make tweaks to get figures to touch realistically, but it's better at least.

Reactions: osanaiko

PusaM

Aug 27, 2020
Hi, can someone get me a little asset from the Unity store?, the asset is free anyway, reason why i don't do that is that i don't have an account there. :)

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Hi, can someone get me a little asset from the Unity store?, the asset is free anyway, reason why i don't do that is that i don't have an account there. :)
Go to the asset requests subforum of this site and make a request based on the instructions in the pinned post.

Reactions: PusaM

ald140876

Jun 27, 2020
Greetings, I have a problem with: New Genitalia for Genesis 9
I recently had to reinstall DAZ because it was updated to the latest version but I didn't like it due to some changes, I uninstalled it and installed the version I had and in which everything worked fine, but due to an error I deleted some files from the folder Daz located in "C:\Users\user\Documents\DAZ 3D" then I opted for a general cleaning of everything related to DAZ and reinstalled it again, but when I load the G9F figure I get the image error, try open the script for "01 - Preprocess Character Textures.dse" but it is encrypted, I have installed all the necessary packages for the morphs but I still get that error and the log file only shows:

2024-02-07 18:28:14.518 Loading script: C:/Contents/People/Genesis 9/Anatomy/New Genitalia for Genesis 9/01 - Preprocess Character Textures.dse
2024-02-07 18:28:14.519 Failed to load script: C:/Contents/People/Genesis 9/Anatomy/New Genitalia for Genesis 9/01 - Preprocess Character Textures.dse

error.jpg

thanks for any help you can give me

Xeni88

Dec 28, 2022
Can someone confirm that it is okay to use AI generated images for commercial projects? For example I was thinking using a fictional AI generated map for a small town. I know that Stable diffusion website does say it allows use for commercial project but is there any caveat that I am not aware of? Anyone else used AI images in your commercial project, care to elaborate please?

pizzapixel

Game Developer
Feb 27, 2024
Has anyone used UE5 for rendering? Would you recommend it? It's kinda more accessible than say Blender or the more dedicated rendering tools.

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Has anyone used UE5 for rendering? Would you recommend it? It's kinda more accessible than say Blender or the more dedicated rendering tools.
I think "more accessible" is in the eye of the beholder... it depends how much time you put into the package to learn it.
Apart from that my limited understanding tells me UE is primarily for realtime rendering, not true raytracing. Plus you've got at least the same level of complexity around finding and importing (or creating!) 3d content meshes/textures/clothing/animations/environments as there is in Blender, unless you've got the cash to buy buy buy from the marketplace.

Anyway, here's a search to threads in this subforum about UE:
https://f95zone.to/search/346629615/?searchform=1&q=Unreal+Engine&t=post&c[thread]=11702&o=date

artistx

Aug 13, 2020
Does anyone else have an issue where the install manager randomly lost its list of installed assets? I didn't change any settings and it looks like DAZ still has everything installed...

heroesx

Game Developer
Feb 29, 2024
Can someone confirm that it is okay to use AI generated images for commercial projects? For example I was thinking using a fictional AI generated map for a small town. I know that Stable diffusion website does say it allows use for commercial project but is there any caveat that I am not aware of? Anyone else used AI images in your commercial project, care to elaborate please?
Using AI-generated images for commercial projects can be acceptable, but it's crucial to review the terms of use for the specific model (every model for SD could have different license).
I would also recommend checking that the generated content is not too similar to someone else's work and does not contain any characters or elements that could be under copyright. Some models might generate images very similar to source images. In certain cases, a model may have specific limitations, such as generating exact characters that cannot be used in commercial projects. It's crucial to be mindful of these considerations to avoid potential legal issues. My team used some AI-generated art for a mobile game, which was extensively edited by our artist. It served more as a reference to speed up the art-making process. We haven't any issue with it.

Reactions: TREXrg
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote