3D Software Help and Assistance. Ask Away.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

PusaM

Aug 27, 2020
It must be something in the format with the copy paste. After the "for obj_file in obj_files" give one space in front of each line. I leave you screenshoot
Did what you said, but there is still an error, folder patch error, i don't understand, i copied the path directly from the folder address bar, is a folder directly in the drive C, tried even to move the content to My Documents and write the path in the script to it but then it gives other error, (could be that i use a different Blender version than what you use and the compatibility isn't that great in scripts), here you can see what's going on: View attachment Rec_244.avi

60Points

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2019
Did what you said, but there is still an error, folder patch error, i don't understand, i copied the path directly from the folder address bar, is a folder directly in the drive C, tried even to move the content to My Documents and write the path in the script to it but then it gives other error, (could be that i use a different Blender version than what you use and the compatibility isn't that great in scripts), here you can see what's going on: View attachment 2932709
How strange, I tried it myself when I sent you the screenshot and it worked perfectly :(. It is a simple script, there should be no compatibility problems. The error it gives you now is different, basically that the directory is not correct, but if you copied it directly from the taskbar I don't see why it fails.

Reactions: PusaM

wwewwe1

Dec 29, 2019
Hi. I want to try creating a 3D story but I have no idea where to begin. I have never used any 3d tools or software before. I have a few question I hope someone would mind helping me so I know where to begin
1) which program would you use for a beginner?
2) do I buy the character models? If so, when I but them do I have the ability to change their arms or legs and body positions? Sitting? Walking? Having sex, etc?
3) with the character models, do I buy different outfits for them to wear?
4) how do I make the characters nude?

Thanks

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Hi. I want to try creating a 3D story but I have no idea where to begin. I have never used any 3d tools or software before. I have a few question I hope someone would mind helping me so I know where to begin
1) which program would you use for a beginner?
Daz Studio is the simpler for a beginner and most VN here are done with it. It can be downloaded for free at
2) do I buy the character models? If so, when I but them do I have the ability to change their arms or legs and body positions? Sitting? Walking? Having sex, etc?
With DazStudio, you get free characters a male and a female from different generations (genesis 3, genesis 8, genesis 9). And you can buy morphs (variations) of these chars with a different face, body, etc. This characters are rigged (they have bones) and by moving the bones, you can change their pose. You can also have poses pack that can be applied to a character for sitting, etc.
3) with the character models, do I buy different outfits for them to wear?
Yes you can also buy outfits for the characters. The outfit are for a given family (say genesis 8) , but they are ways to use any outfit on any character. Same for the hair.
4) how do I make the characters nude?
Just take off his/her cloth :d !
Actually, the character are without genitals. Daz also has genitals that can attached to a char and there some sites specialized on sexy assets for daz, including genitals.

You should look at some introductory tutorial from daz to have a general idea.

Last edited:

John-fromuk

Feb 27, 2022
Hi guys,

1) So I was doing some practice on Daz and I downloaded some free models but then when I try to add then I got this message. The second image as you can see it's the textures folder, is it possible that one of the files have a different name or the file is actually missing? Is it possible to find out?

2) Why these free models never have hair when we add then to daz? Usually the advertise then with it.

Screenshot 2023-09-23 140303.png

Screenshot 2023-09-23 140610.png

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
Hi guys,

1) So I was doing some practice on Daz and I downloaded some free models but then when I try to add then I got this message. The second image as you can see it's the textures folder, is it possible that one of the files have a different name or the file is actually missing? Is it possible to find out?

2) Why these free models never have hair when we add then to daz? Usually the advertise then with it.

View attachment 2950921

View attachment 2950922
They are there... Just in a different folder than pointed to or you didn't install the second zip file... If you some how did put them in a different folder. All you have to do is find them with file search, and either move or copy them to the directory that you have in the above image that you posted. I do it all of the time.

1.JPG

2.JPG

John-fromuk

Feb 27, 2022
Great, thanks! I didn't notice the second file

Do you know why can't I add hair on violet? or the hair it's not include in this pack ?

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
I think I just spotted the, or an issue :) You installed her in a test director/folder the same applies though. You will have to copy or move the files to the intended folder where DAZ think they should be..... Not 100% sure but you can try putting the files in the "Test" folder with the others and that likely do it.....

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
Great, thanks! I didn't notice the second file

Do you know why can't I add hair on violet? or the hair it's not include in this pack ?
If it were an DAZ3D listed asset it would tell you what other assets were used to make the Promo Images.

3.JPG

Reactions: John-fromuk

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
I copy and move files in DAZ all the time to suite my taste AKA where I want them; all the time. When I get an error like you did I use the find/search function in DAZ when that comes up to point the .dsf and .duf files to where the missing files ( according to DAZ ) and it changes the location pointer for me.....

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
I also make shortcuts to the main folders that DAZ uses for My Library, and My DAZ 3D Library for quick access if needed...

4.JPG

Taking me directly to the folder without having to go looking for it where it is berried... :)

5.JPG

DannyLucifer

Jul 5, 2018
I just installed DAZ. And I know things like adding objects and navigate 'n stuff (still figuring out lighting). So can anyone recommend some good tutorials?

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
I just installed DAZ. And I know things like adding objects and navigate 'n stuff (still figuring out lighting). So can anyone recommend some good tutorials?
Personally, the tutorials on were the first ones I read/watched (some include also videos). I've also seen some video tutorials by Jay Versluis (the WP guru), one of the sources that MissFortune cited in this post, which you'll very likely find informative.

John-fromuk

Feb 27, 2022
I copy and move files in DAZ all the time to suite my taste AKA where I want them; all the time. When I get an error like you did I use the find/search function in DAZ when that comes up to point the .dsf and .duf files to where the missing files ( according to DAZ ) and it changes the location pointer for me.....
I tried to move the files location before, the amount of unnecessary folders are no kidding, but then I came up with a better solution for organizing it to avoid this missing files issues. So I copy and paste on a different folder only the content files and then I completely move stuff around. I know that I am duplicating the files but I don't have space issues on my computer.

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
You should be able to tell Daz where you're putting all of your files, or where else to look for them. You can tell DIM to install there (iirc), as well, if needed.

cdm.png

• Hey there
Reactions: tripod70
Aug 10, 2018
Where can I find a full version (cracked) Wrap 3d?
currently used all my 30 day trial :(

need this so i can wrap my virt-a-mate models... anyone help or have suggestions? thanks

edit:

i figured it out after 2 days!!! possible to use free trial over and over again with some editing. Willing to help anyone through DM :p

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote