3D Software Help and Assistance. Ask Away.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I am trying to convert a dress (2 really), that were custom made for a custom character I made for my game (Hestia parody). I followed a tutorial, figured out that I needed to use the Reverse Source Shape from Target option (for which I have to turn off morph targets to work), but no matter what I do, it takes the nice shape of the dress, and the ribbon around it, and shrink wraps it to her tits, like they are hiding a vacuum behind each one. This is completely destroying the mesh and the texture around that area.

This is what is should look like...

And this is what the Transfer Utility does to it.

Completely destroying everything around her tits.

Is there any way to transfer the bones and fit it to her, without it ruining the chest area? Even Spandex could not bend like that, it's impossible! :KEK:

These are the settings I used... Chestia-Doll being the figure with all the extras removed (genitals, hair, eyelashes, etc.), and the other being the dress (obviously).
1696036485685.png

The only other idea I have had was to try turning her into a preset morph, but not only do I not know how to do that yet, but I am concerned that it would still break the mesh because of her proportions.

Thanks to anyone who even bothers to read this. lol

Xeni88

Dec 28, 2022
Anyone here that's an expert on GIMP? I can make the whole cam screen transparent. But how do I leave gridlines with image detail (AF-C, 447, RAW, 1/80 F3.5, ISO AUTO) as it is and only make the black screen transparent? DSLR cam2 screen.png

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Anyone here that's an expert on GIMP? I can make the whole cam screen transparent. But how do I leave gridlines with image detail (AF-C, 447, RAW, 1/80 F3.5, ISO AUTO) as it is and only make the black screen transparent? View attachment 2976180
Kind of a jank quickie, but tried to match it as close as possible.

DSLR_cam2_screen.png

MissFortune

Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Woah, you are super dope. How did you do that? Thank you!
Thanks and no problem! :)

I use Photoshop, for the most part. In this case, I used the Quick selection tool > inversed the selection and layer masked out what was there originally > downloaded a free viewfinder for the corner frames > added them with smaller versions for the center > Then typed out the metrics with a similar font (Bebas) to what was already there.

Probably a little easier explained than done, but that's the process.

Reactions: Jumbi

Xeni88

Dec 28, 2022
Thanks and no problem! :)

I use Photoshop, for the most part. In this case, I used the Quick selection tool > inversed the selection and layer masked out what was there originally > downloaded a free viewfinder for the corner frames > added them with smaller versions for the center > Then typed out the metrics with a similar font (Bebas) to what was already there.

Probably a little easier explained than done, but that's the process.
Thanks, much appreciated. I tried inverse selection and color selection but it didn't work. I am going to look into viewfinder, learnt something new today :)

MissFortune

Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Thanks, much appreciated. I tried inverse selection and color selection but it didn't work. I am going to look into viewfinder, learnt something new today :)
Sorry, I thought I sent this earlier. My bad:

There should be a few free ones out there. Not sure if the terminology of viewfinder is accurate for a DSLR, though.

As for the selection part, it's pretty quick and could be fixed up a bit more. The process of adding text and such should be relatively simple, though.

Reactions: Xeni88 and Jumbi

MissFortune

Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Why there are holes on my character when I'm applying this?
Looks like simple clipping from what I can tell. Click on the shirt in the Scene Pane > Parameters > Select the shirt > Find "Loosen Arms" or "Adjust Arms", and then do the same for the torso/chest.

John-fromuk

Feb 27, 2022
Looks like simple clipping from what I can tell. Click on the shirt in the Scene Pane > Parameters > Select the shirt > Find "Loosen Arms" or "Adjust Arms", and then do the same for the torso/chest.
Thanks a lot, that worked like a charm. I didn't know I could do that. Just one more question, what's clipping?

MissFortune

Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Along with it, keep in mind that after posing, you can hide the body parts to save you some vram. That take cares of clipping as well. Use this as a cheat code.
It doesn't really alter VRAM much, if at all. You're better off with a scene optimizer run and some culling.

Reactions: Jumbi

10xRecoil

Aug 28, 2020
It doesn't really alter VRAM much, if at all. You're better off with a scene optimizer run and some culling.
Well, technically, it's the hands and the head that have the most polygons, but if one needs to save every tiny bit of vram, then why not? Environment is a different ball game all together, and only to a certain extent can scene optimizer help.

MissFortune

Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Well, technically, it's the hands and the head that have the most polygons, but if one needs to save every tiny bit of vram, then why not? Environment is a different ball game all together, and only to a certain extent can scene optimizer help.
I mean, if someone is that tight on VRAM, I won't stop them. But it's largely a waste of time for what effectively amounts to 100MB of VRAM, at most. Scene Optimizer, deleting objects or replacing them simpler assets (simpler = less VRAM needed.) or even PBR textures, and culling will go a lot further than hiding limbs.

Point is, it just doesn't make a lot of sense.

Opal Games

Mar 25, 2020
Hi all

Could someone please explain what's going on with the red line in the corner of the eyes in this render please? It dosn't seem to show in the viewer, just in the render. eye issue.JPG

Opal Games

Mar 25, 2020
What happens if you change the expression? Does it do the same thing?
Yeah, it’s still there’ I think I’ve worked out what I’ve done though. I tried to add ‘Lickalicous’ and I couldn’t get the material on the tongue to work, and while messing about I did something to the material on the main model’s skin. I pressed back and that seemed to work, but I’ve just checked with my saved base model and it doesn’t happen to that, so something must have stuck.

Thanks for the response and thought

Reactions: MissFortune

John-fromuk

Feb 27, 2022
Along with it, keep in mind that after posing, you can hide the body parts to save you some vram. That take cares of clipping as well. Use this as a cheat code.
You mean if I click on the eye icon to hide it and click to show it again that should sort the clipping thing?

Xeni88

Dec 28, 2022
I am trying to use this veins texture on my G8F character's breasts. I've been playing around with "Diffuse overlay weight" dials under surface tab in Daz and it seems to get the job done but every time I crank up the dial it adds more pinkish color to it and ruins it. I am not a Photoshop or GIMP expert but how do you modify this texture image file and only keep the blue veins but remove skin and pink color (add transparency)? Thanks! veins_t.jpg

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote