3D Software Help and Assistance. Ask Away.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Cosicore

Jul 9, 2017
Yeah it seems kinda hard to actually find something. The link from Loneshysoul is really nice! Deviant art is nice but i didn't find much daz models. Paying for them wouldn't be a problem for me but I thought there where more than some from the Witcher series. Anyways thanks to all of you!

Daishi

Jan 7, 2018
So which is your favorite body?

I like Genesis 1 due to the fact you don't need to get/find every asset twice between genders. Seriously, its like they went right back to Micheal/Victoria because they realized they could charge more.

kaboomer69

Sep 1, 2018
Hi, I could use some help getting this asset to work:

edit Dec-21st: Rewriting this post after a few more tries.

These gens and all options work fine, as long as I use them on body textures with existing gens mats.

However the alternate method for textures without gens mats does not work - the mesh always stays white.

I think that I tried all possible orders and combinations from the instructions by now, though ultimately the copying of the surfaces from the body to the gens never has any effect.

The other gens I tested (Golden Palace, New Gens) also work fine on any body textures thanks to their working install script. So I assume that either the listed requirements, or the description from Juicy Wet Cameltoe are wrong.
^

Accidentally found a fix for this, because I stumbled across this asset:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Haven't tested this procedure without the linked Torso UVs asset yet, either way the Juicy Cameltoe definitely works now.
By the description, to use it for G8F you only have to change to foldername from G3 to G8 and copy everything once more.

box777

May 10, 2017
Hello all,

this might not be the best place, but I want to create, in my own computer, images like in "milfy city" and/or, if it is easier, say, "Dreams of Desire", the mom and a male, that would be enough if it is ok to start with that.

What would be a typical sequence of programs and assets to install?

I am not trying to do anything spectacular, just have the characters naked in a normal standing pose, for starters.

Thank-you (y)

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Daz 3D is a good start to create the characters. You can use GIMP to modify them (like putting a background and foreground together after rendering), or you could just do complete rendering in Daz 3D, although it takes a little longer. There are *TONS* of tutorials around for Daz 3D and lots of folks here willing to help as well.

Lednah

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2017
Hello all,

this might not be the best place, but I want to create, in my own computer, images like in "milfy city" and/or, if it is easier, say, "Dreams of Desire", the mom and a male, that would be enough if it is ok to start with that.

I am not trying to do anything spectacular, just have the characters naked in a normal standing pose, for starters.

Thank-you (y)
Start from what you want to achieve. There are zillions of assets for Daz and most newbies (me included) download and install, download and install, download and install... and when they start to understand what exactly they need it suddenly appears they need more time to find the asset they need in-between the zillions installed assets then to actually make something.
So install only what you really need as you advance in understanding how Daz works and into the story.
As you need a MILF it is a huge problem for Daz. Nearly 100% artists of the created female models are young babes and one of the reason for this is they are easy to create and you can start making some bucks right away. So when they create mature females they just slap some wrinkles and some fat and voila. Besides the MILF is a forbidden word in Daz (if you post on the official forum something about MILFs your post will be deleted), but not the word "hag". So probably the Daz staff thinks the MILFs will be offended if they are MILFs and will prefer to be "hags".
Dreams of Desire uses Lilith 7 for MILF and there are couple of G8 models which can be transformed into MILFs. Go to the Daz official shop and search for "mature" and use your imaginations and arts vision how your MILF will looks like. The main trick is you don't need to use the exact model - you can just mix different faces and bodies and tits and booties etc.

Reactions: box777

kaboomer69

Sep 1, 2018
Hello all,

Thank-you (y)
  • go to the DAZ website
  • register with any name and an e-mail address you have access to
  • install DAZ Studio Pro with the provided install manager

And that's it. After launching it once, you can keep using it in offline mode as long as you wish.

The Studio itself is just a base with the Starter Essentials, everything else comes with assets and add-ons.
Additional programs would only be required on the pro-level of render editing and asset/character creation, like Photoshop and Z-Brush to do the things that DAZ can't do.

Reactions: box777

box777

May 10, 2017
Start from what you want to achieve. There are zillions of assets for Daz and most newbies (me included) download and install, download and install, download and install... and when they start to understand what exactly they need it suddenly appears they need more time to find the asset they need in-between the zillions installed assets then to actually make something.
So install only what you really need as you advance in understanding how Daz works and into the story.
As you need a MILF it is a huge problem for Daz. Nearly 100% artists of the created female models are young babes and one of the reason for this is they are easy to create and you can start making some bucks right away. So when they create mature females they just slap some wrinkles and some fat and voila. Besides the MILF is a forbidden word in Daz (if you post on the official forum something about MILFs your post will be deleted), but not the word "hag". So probably the Daz staff thinks the MILFs will be offended if they are MILFs and will prefer to be "hags".
Dreams of Desire uses Lilith 7 for MILF and there are couple of G8 models which can be transformed into MILFs. Go to the Daz official shop and search for "mature" and use your imaginations and arts vision how your MILF will looks like. The main trick is you don't need to use the exact model - you can just mix different faces and bodies and tits and booties etc.
  • go to the DAZ website
  • register with any name and an e-mail address you have access to
  • install DAZ Studio Pro with the provided install manager

And that's it. After launching it once, you can keep using it in offline mode as long as you wish.

The Studio itself is just a base with the Starter Essentials, everything else comes with assets and add-ons.
Additional programs would only be required on the pro-level of render editing and asset/character creation, like Photoshop and Z-Brush to do the things that DAZ can't do.
THank-you.

Where should I go to find Lilith 7?

P.S.: yesterday I installed and started rendering with success, now I am looking for a sofa and a spread eagle pose, and a doggystyle pose

kaboomer69

Sep 1, 2018
THank-you.

Where should I go to find Lilith 7?

P.S.: yesterday I installed and started rendering with success, now I am looking for a sofa and a spread eagle pose, and a doggystyle pose
Search this in the Asset Release forum with these options:

Untitled.jpg

For browsing unspecific items like general pose or character mods, you can also search in the Latest Release section. Switch to Assets on the left, and select tags on the right.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
There are also a number of places you can get free assets. Here is a post to a thread I started on that subject:

Regarding the pose you are seeking, it may be on this site under the free "carnal" poses:

Have fun!

box777

May 10, 2017
There are also a number of places you can get free assets. Here is a post to a thread I started on that subject:

Regarding the pose you are seeking, it may be on this site under the free "carnal" poses:

Have fun!
Wow thank-you so much, all of you!

zramcharan

Aug 18, 2018
okay little bit of a tech question. If I move all my assets to a separate drive like from C: to E: that has 1TB of free space allowing my main drive not to carry all those assets thus freeing up HDD space on C: will it make DAZ run smoother? Since I am freeing up memory on m main drive or will it bog it down since it is on a separate drive?

kaboomer69

Sep 1, 2018
okay little bit of a tech question. If I move all my assets to a separate drive like from C: to E: that has 1TB of free space allowing my main drive not to carry all those assets thus freeing up HDD space on C: will it make DAZ run smoother? Since I am freeing up memory on m main drive or will it bog it down since it is on a separate drive?
If your C: Drive is an SSD, the loading of lists and assets will run a lot slower by moving them to another HDD. Things like launching DAZ itself or rendering shouldn't be affected.

More important is that your SSD always has >15% free space, otherwise its performance and lifetime will be greatly reduced (perhaps that's what your question was aimed at).

zramcharan

Aug 18, 2018
If your C: Drive is an SSD, the loading of lists and assets will run a lot slower by moving them to another HDD. Things like launching DAZ itself or rendering shouldn't be affected.

Close. I am still using HDDs they are cheaper and both at 1TB. Will I notice a significant change setting the assets to a different drive? Sorry technical writing is not my strong suit.

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
If your HDD is really full it will help because there will be more room on it (Im talking like at near capacity), but in general it wont make any difference to how DAZ performs. The assets are only worth moving if you have a small main HDD/SSD and need the room. I had the issue on my old laptop, small SSD, large HDD storage, I moved them for the room, didn't do much either way except free up room.

Reactions: zramcharan

Lednah

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2017
No. Nothing will make Daz work smoother. Except maybe i9 CPU for 2.000 bucks and some videocard for 4-5k bucks plus tons of memory. In comparison - my PC is very outdated but it flies when working with Blender; the same scene transferred to Daz moves like very slow slideshow.
The reason is the programmers work on top notch PCs and they don't care about optimizations and such, what they only care about is to finish the job as fast as possible.

Press F2 and click on Interface tab. Find Display Optimization option and put it on "Best". This will help a little.

zramcharan

Aug 18, 2018
No. Nothing will make Daz work smoother. Except maybe i9 CPU for 2.000 bucks and some videocard for 4-5k bucks plus tons of memory. In comparison - my PC is very outdated but it flies when working with Blender; the same scene transferred to Daz moves like very slow slideshow.
The reason is the programmers work on top notch PCs and they don't care about optimizations and such, what they only care about is to finish the job as fast as possible.

Press F2 and click on Interface tab. Find Display Optimization option and put it on "Best". This will help a little.
so basically. Character creation is best in Daz but I should export it to another program like Blender or 3DS Max. I plan on doing that later.

dave619

Nov 3, 2018
daz 3d studio i put the file that says contacts in to dim and it dont show up at all any help

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote