3D Software Help and Assistance. Ask Away.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Lednah

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2017
I have found stuff for the Genesis 3 and Genesis 8 models, but is it still worth using G3 stuff in 2019? Seems outdated for me.

:)
1. You will not notice a difference between G3 and G8 right now - textures, maps etc will make much more difference; G8 are more useful if you decide to D-force clothing (basically it should make more natural morphs but only for clothing which are marked as d-force; many if not most of the d-force clothes have the standard morphs too, but still d-force may look better and can help greatly if you go for animated clothing.

Reactions: Michael Bauer

kaboomer69

Sep 1, 2018
Well most G3 models look 100x worse than what you are used to nowadays, because they were made with old shaders. Or some creators prefer their characters to look like plastic dolls.
In turn there also are G3 models that beat most G8's.

Often you can also apply custom shaders for an instant boost, like Anagenessis2 for G3.
And there are many converters for clothing, hair, poses, legacy UVs and so on. Some assets are missing for either, or their versions have different features (like some gens mod or body morphs work better in their G3 version).

And >the most important thing< is your scene lighting. You can take a primitive like a cube and make it look hypnotizing, just by using 2-3 lights with good settings and placement.
But with bad lighting, even the sexiest G8 model will look like a blow-up doll. This is something that most adult game authors don't understand at all.

Lednah

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2017
Well most G3 models look 100x worse than what you are used to nowadays, because they were made with old shaders. Or some creators prefer their characters to look like plastic dolls.
In turn there also are G3 models that beat most G8's.
Huh? And who can stop you from putting Iray shaders? Not to mention I still have to see made in the last few years G3 model which don't have Iray textures. Quite the opposite - many G3 models already don't have the old shaders and offer only Iray textures and shaders; and many g3 models actually come with versions for both g8 and G3 (which is simple comme bonjour as they use the same base UV maps). Just a quick example - the render bellow - where exactly are the old shaders (this is for comix btw)?
Of course the Iray render engine sux greatly but this is not a topic of the discussion.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Asking for help on this one. A number of players of my new VN, have noted that in this scene Sandi (the blond facing the scene) has a few problems in that her body looks distorted. Specific comments were made about her neck and that her right forearm looks bloated. Can I get some suggestions on how to improve this scene so she doesn't look off? Honestly, I was working so hard on staging this complex scene, and my experience is very limited in Daz 3D, so I missed that she didn't look quite right.

bg_group_dinner.png

kaboomer69

Sep 1, 2018
Asking for help on this one. A number of players of my new VN, have noted that in this scene Sandi (the blond facing the scene) has a few problems in that her body looks distorted. Specific comments were made about her neck and that her right forearm looks bloated. Can I get some suggestions on how to improve this scene so she doesn't look off? Honestly, I was working so hard on staging this complex scene, and my experience is very limited in Daz 3D, so I missed that she didn't look quite right.
Yeah they're right. The arm looks bloated.
I would use Figure - Zero Pose and then check that there are no unintended values in the Currently Used tab.

About the neck, well some people actually move their head in weird ways while talking. Maybe it's just the perspective:

dsgf89uP.jpg

The guy is the only person placed in a somewhat proper position, as he fills approximately the golden ratio left of the phi grid. His eyes and face are definitely the attraction point (besides the plant on the table, heh).

Your girl Sandi though is very much outside of where the viewer is gonna look, and so close to the corner there is more optical distortion.
For this scene I probably would try to arrange the guy and Sandi each left and right of the Phi Grid, no matter if from above or below (you can always roll the camera). Then check if the neck still looks weird from that perspective.

Overlay:

overlay_multi.png

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Yeah they're right. The arm looks bloated.
I would use Figure - Zero Pose and then check that there are no unintended values in the Currently Used tab.

About the neck, well some people actually move their head in weird ways while talking. Maybe it's just the perspective:

View attachment 220132

The guy is the only person placed in a somewhat proper position, as he fills approximately the golden ratio left of the phi grid. His eyes and face are definitely the attraction point (besides the plant on the table, heh).

Your girl Sandi though is very much outside of where the viewer is gonna look, and so close to the corner there is more optical distortion.
For this scene I probably would try to arrange the guy and Sandi each left and right of the Phi Grid, no matter if from above or below (you can always roll the camera). Then check if the neck still looks weird from that perspective.

Overlay:

View attachment 220135
Good points. Here it is redone. Better?

bg_group_dinner.png

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
So stop looking under the damn table. Her neck probably looks off because of the shadows. There aren't any weird poses in her neck to be causing odd shifts. I actually didn't change anything with the lighting, but moving the character in may have changed how light was bouncing in the scene.

Bip

Donor
May 4, 2017
So stop looking under the damn table. Her neck probably looks off because of the shadows. There aren't any weird poses in her neck to be causing odd shifts. I actually didn't change anything with the lighting, but moving the character in may have changed how light was bouncing in the scene.
:oops: Why did you ask if you obviously don't accept criticism?

I agree with @kaboomer69 , the neck has a problem and it's not shadows. It may not be the pose itself, but this pose with this camera angle makes it look unnatural.
For the left forearm, it is not necessary to look under the table to think that there is a problem of proportions. This is surprising from the elbow down. Here again, the pose and angle of the camera may be responsible.
I also find that the right elbow is far too glued to the body, continuing to make this girl absolutely unnatural.
And, finally, the texture (or rather the non-texture) of her t-shirt finishes making this poor girl particularly inactractive.

The guy is the most balanced and natural.
The position of the left girl's arms could be reworked, even if it is already acceptable.

Clymax Extreme

Formerly 'astonerii'
Apr 21, 2018
There shouldn't be any problems using the assets on this site. I created a new folder where I download and save the assets from this site, to keep them separate from my legitimate assets. I also go offline when I install them, although I'm not sure that is even necessary.
I have no experience with any of this, but I was thinking it would be nice to try to figure things out. Since I have no idea if I am going to be happy going forward, spending money on assets is a nonstarter.

So I downloaded DAZ Studio 4.10 Pro and it installed DAZ Install Manager (DIM).

I created a new folder to put non authentic packages into through the DIM settings.
I downloaded the EVA 8 PRO package from here.
I moved the ZIP files to the download folder, made the DIM offline, and installed the packages that it came with into the new folder.
I went into DAZ Studio it showed that there is an Eva 8 actor, but it only shows a picture frame with a warning sign that has an exclamation mark inside of it, and it says the file does not exist.
I then noticed that the studio was logged in, so I turned off automatically connect, and restarted Studio offline, and got the same results.
Following that, I closed Studio and reinstalled the packages through DIM, restarted Studio offline, and got the same results.

I am at a loss here,

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017
I went into DAZ Studio it showed that there is an Eva 8 actor, but it only shows a picture frame with a warning sign that has an exclamation mark inside of it, and it says the file does not exist.
Is the exclamation icon white or yellow?

Clymax Extreme

Formerly 'astonerii'
Apr 21, 2018
Is the exclamation icon white or yellow?
White background with black exclamation.
The full border is yellow.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Edit, I think I learned the problem. It seems I have not set my data folder. I thought that install manager would have automatically set that up for me, but it did not. I will have to investigate how to do that.

Lednah

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2017
The lighting and the character placement are better, also the right hand pose and talk / look expression look natural. The neck still looks unnatural though. And if you look real close, the left forearm (under the table) is definitely too big.
The poses in the real wife more often are unnatural then natural. Right now as I am typing my left foot lays twisted on the floor; my monitor is not right before my eyes because I like to sit at a side and raise my feet on the bed, etc etc etc. No one really cares, as far as there isn't something grossly wrong like this

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017
The full border is yellow.
I just duplicated the same thing by removing a character from my content folder.

It looks like when you installed the Eva Pro Package that you didn't install into the same content folder that Daz is looking into. To clarify what I'm doing, all the assets from F95 are saved to a folder I call F95 DL:

Untitled.png

When I get assets from the Daz store I save them in the default folder:

Untitled2.png

However, these are just were the original zip files are saved along with the metadata. I just separate them to remind myself if I own something or not. All the assets, both legitimate and pirated, are still installed into the same content folder, /My DAZ 3D Library

Untitled3.png

Clymax Extreme

Formerly 'astonerii'
Apr 21, 2018
I just duplicated the same thing by removing a character from my content folder.

It looks like when you installed the Eva Pro Package that you didn't install into the same content folder that Daz is looking into. To clarify what I'm doing, all the assets from F95 are saved to a folder I call F95 DL:

When I get assets from the Daz store I save them in the default folder:

However, these are just were the original zip files are saved along with the metadata. I just separate them to remind myself if I own something or not. All the assets, both legitimate and pirated, are still installed into the same content folder, /My DAZ 3D Library
Well that was totally weird as hell.
Apparently I could have installed the assets into different folders, but my installation got bugged or something and deleted the paths to all assets. So I uninstalled everything and reinstalled it all. All the standard directories were there after that and I was able to add my alternate drive directory.
Wallah, everything works now!

Thanks for the help.

zramcharan

Aug 18, 2018
The full border is yellow
Edit, I think I learned the problem. It seems I have not set my data folder. I thought that install manager would have automatically set that up for me, but it did not. I will have to investigate how to do that.
I came across the same issue. Several times. If you are using a nondefault location you must change that location in DAZ Content manager. I little bit of a pain in the 6 but that's how it is.

Varxen

Jun 17, 2017
Hi! Does anyone know what kind of engine/programming tool is useful to create environments? And is it possible to integrate screenshots made from Honey Select into these environments such that they would not seem out of place? I've tried using Unity 3D but it's kind of clunky and difficult to use...Any suggestions/tutorials will be greatly appreciated!

zramcharan

Aug 18, 2018
Hi! Does anyone know what kind of engine/programming tool is useful to create environments? And is it possible to integrate screenshots made from Honey Select into these environments such that they would not seem out of place? I've tried using Unity 3D but it's kind of clunky and difficult to use...Any suggestions/tutorials will be greatly appreciated!
Not sure. If HS allows you to export to FBX then that will help immensely. For "Backgrounds" probably easiest to use a map from something like SFM or Unreal.

Lednah

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2017
Folks, how to edit the wet skin shells in Skin doctor for g3 and g8 script? I can only apply a shell, but see and editor only for drops if I desire to apply them too, although the product description and the useless help file say the shells itself can be edited too.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote