3D Software Help and Assistance. Ask Away.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

zramcharan

Aug 18, 2018
daz 3d studio i put the file that says contacts in to dim and it dont show up at all any help
it must be a zip file with Manifest and Supplement files inside. If it is not a Zip or does not have those files you will have to put those files in My Library and will only be able to see them in Content Library. Also, you have to run DIM.

dave619

Nov 3, 2018
it has a manifest n support file but the dim dose not find it

zramcharan

Aug 18, 2018
it has a manifest n support file but the dim dose not find it
Are you using the default C:\Users\Public\Documents\DAZ 3D\InstallManager\Downloads
as your read location or did you change in in DIM?

dave619

Nov 3, 2018
Are you using the default C:\Users\Public\Documents\DAZ 3D\InstallManager\Downloads
as your read location or did you change in in DIM?
i no were the manifest gos but were dose the content and supplement file go in to in dim

Lednah

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2017
so basically. Character creation is best in Daz but I should export it to another program like Blender or 3DS Max. I plan on doing that later.
There is a great free plugin which imports the daz chars to Blender .Last time I checked version 1.3.1 was the last, but a new version will be released when the new Blender render engine is introduced.
Also there is a great free plugin for making characters for blender. But for unknown reason the developer refuse to create genitals for it - although it is him who created the genitals for MakeHuman free program. the script itself is very advanced and even has autofit to make bodies from background image (but not faces)

kaboomer69

Sep 1, 2018
Anyone seen such a glitch before? The hair transparency became a solid white cardboard effect.

hairglitch.png

I was testing some prefab lighting setups. At some point it showed like this as long as the camera was pointing from this general direction. So e.g. moving the camera 45° to the left of the subject made the white cardboard disappear.

Lednah

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2017
It may be due to using the backscattering shader; I never needed to use it, but from what I read it may create similar effects.
Also some shaders presets need to manually copy some map, although in this case the effect should be the same no matter how you move the camera.

kaboomer69

Sep 1, 2018
It may be due to using the backscattering shader; I never needed to use it, but from what I read it may create similar effects.
Also some shaders presets need to manually copy some map, although in this case the effect should be the same no matter how you move the camera.
Hmmm well I actually used that "backlight shader for hair" or something like that, but hit Undo afterwards because it can only do natural hair colors (overwriting the blue-magenta i picked for this scene).
Otherwise it's just the Kinley Hair G8F with its provided mats.

Forgot to mention - after deleting all the lights and adding a new set, the glitch was gone. I also changed the DOF focus for the 2nd shot, though i'm quite certain that turning the DOF off was the first thing to test after seeing the glitch.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

So I assume it's some bad interaction of a specific light with the hair, would be good to know what exactly causes it.
The first light setup definitely looked more interesting, with much sharper highlights on the edges.

Lednah

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2017
Hmmm well I actually used that "backlight shader for hair" or something like that, but hit Undo afterwards because it can only do natural hair colors (overwriting the blue-magenta i picked for this scene).
I installed this "backlight shader" - and it really uses backscattering shader + adds an own backscattering map, so it is definitely from this.
This is an example what the backscattering shader can cause on a human skin.

BTW - this backlight shader has an expansion with the weird hair colors.

kaboomer69

Sep 1, 2018
I installed this "backlight shader" - and it really uses backscattering shader + adds an own backscattering map, so it is definitely from this.
This is an example what the backscattering shader can cause on a human skin.

BTW - this backlight shader has an expansion with the weird hair colors.
Must be this
and

Shouldn't do anything unless you apply the mats to the hair, perhaps a bug in DAZ after using Undo.

Lednah

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2017
Folks, do someone used Comic Life 3.XX program to make comics? either experience either positive or negative will be appreciated. And a good dumbproof guide will be *highly* appreciated!

bossman20

Dec 25, 2017
error.PNG

Having This Issue Loading A Genisis 3 Female Tried Installing Both Manually And Through DIM

DAZ Studio 4.9
WINDOWS 10

Michael Bauer

May 3, 2018
I am new to 3D, so I just wanted to know some basic things.

Looking at the assets available here, I guess firstly DAZ3D and secondly Blender (for everything else) are my two programs to being with? It seems that there are some other software like the ons of Autodesk, too, but I want to focus on 1-2 programs at the beginning, so I guess the two mentioned above are my best choices for starters?

I have found stuff for the Genesis 3 and Genesis 8 models, but is it still worth using G3 stuff in 2019? Seems outdated for me.

For anime 3D I should either take HoneySelect or Custom3DGirl? (Which one produces the better results?)

I hope someone can help me, because I am a little bit lost at the beginning. :)

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017

Looking at the assets available here, I guess firstly DAZ3D and secondly Blender (for everything else) are my two programs to being with? It seems that there are some other software like the ons of Autodesk, too, but I want to focus on 1-2 programs at the beginning, so I guess the two mentioned above are my best choices for starters?

I have found stuff for the Genesis 3 and Genesis 8 models, but is it still worth using G3 stuff in 2019? Seems outdated for me.

For anime 3D I should either take HoneySelect or Custom3DGirl? (Which one produces the better results?)

You should just stick with DAZ3D for starters as it's free and has all the assets available here on F95. Later when you are experienced you will probably want to start using Photoshop or Gimp for post processing of images. I'm not even at that stage yet.

I'm pretty new to Daz as well and am just trying to stick with G8, but there are still some good G3 assets so don't dismiss them off hand. Sometimes you will not find what you want in G8.

Haven't heard of Custom3DGirl, but Honey Select is popular so you could get a lot of help from others if you need it. It also has a huge selection of mods available for it.

Reactions: Michael Bauer

zramcharan

Aug 18, 2018

If you are lucky you can find Gen 3 to Gen 8 converters and clones so you can still use the assets from 3. Also, a lot of models and assets are 3/8 so you don't have to convert.

Reactions: Michael Bauer
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote