RPGM None Lico's Mysterious Errand [RJ352933] [Cotton Candy]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Hitoha

Dec 1, 2019
If you can't have an argument with someone without stooping to insult them mate don't bother. But hey my laziness was never in question you are the one that literally put an unplayable product up and then said nah I am too lazy to fix it.
Yes I am lazy it is true happy to admit it.

Hitoha

Dec 1, 2019
You know mate if you can't see it then sure. Sure I did first by calling you "lazy and unprofessional." But you continued with the insults each post too and truthfully I did as well but meh bored there is only so much you can argue a point with someone who can't see the fault in their own actions. My apologies to the people reading the thread and mods that this has been a fairly pointless lot of posts that do nothing to the creativity or discussion of the rest of the thread.
I am done with ya bud perhaps take your own advice that ya quoted

Spermasahne

Apr 7, 2021
If you can't have an argument with someone without stooping to insult them mate don't bother. But hey my laziness was never in question you are the one that literally put an unplayable product up and then said nah I am too lazy to fix it.
Yes I am lazy it is true happy to admit it.
True but i and noodle back then tried to fix everything we could. As said only battlefuck and virgin status part was broken/not working correctly. You know what F95 did? They complained.

They complained about a translation project someone did FOR FREE in his FREETIME. A Project that was playable from start to finish in fully understandable non-gibberish english.

Hitoha

Dec 1, 2019
Honestly that is a shame. Virgin status was broken in this translation so might be something with translating that might break it anyway interesting that the bf broke as well. Sadly a lot of people will complain as well, this does kind of seem hypocritical given my recent posts but I will let people read it instead of bringing it up again.

Honestly if each event worked in english without a hitch would of been awesome but I am not opening this can of worms again.

skypa

Jun 9, 2022
I just discovered that everything except story 11 worked in the translation version from the 23rd, but the 24th and 25th updates broke statuses
can you upload version 23 to the site?

Hitoha

Dec 1, 2019
damn finally, hey Hitoha you should thx to skypa for has skill troubleshooter(bug hunter) and remind me
that post has been updated
Here

EDIT: damn, i should untranslate the name Lico, Torte, Noisette and Cyan
That's great for you I am happy. I have moved on from this though to be honest so best of luck to ya

skypa

Jun 9, 2022
damn finally, hey Hitoha you should thx to skypa for has skill troubleshooter(bug hunter) and remind me
that post has been updated
Here

EDIT: damn, i should untranslate the name Lico, Torte, Noisette and Cyan
01/10/23 update fixed history 11 but statuses are still broken
and I also found that you can’t escape from a nest of monsters (it just doesn’t let you out)

Last edited:

WhiteLord96

Feb 8, 2022
True but i and noodle back then tried to fix everything we could. As said only battlefuck and virgin status part was broken/not working correctly. You know what F95 did? They complained.

They complained about a translation project someone did FOR FREE in his FREETIME. A Project that was playable from start to finish in fully understandable non-gibberish english.
I dont give a shit. If your going to release a broken patch your not entitled to everyone respect when you act like a prick over it.

skypa

Jun 9, 2022
1696469585133.png
these are the nests
the green arrows should let you out of the level, but it stopped working
statuses like the amount of sex, mouth and you can’t lose your virginity - all this broke after the patch on the 24th

Last edited:

WhiteLord96

Feb 8, 2022
Honestly it is just easier not to feed the toxic trolls at this point let them have this small little w and just walk away. Efforts are more better aimed at people who can actually see reason and be reasoned with rather then people who just want to insult and belittle others at every opportunity they have.
Good point, it was a waste of effort to begin with.

Ah neat just hope your aware some lines of code relating to diologue have gave people issues with translating the game with some mechanics breaking.

cactuar

Modder
Mar 31, 2018
Good point, it was a waste of effort to begin with.

Ah neat just hope your aware some lines of code relating to diologue have gave people issues with translating the game with some mechanics breaking.
Yes, I've had to do a lot of script editing. The plugin that displays Lico/Noa's/etc. dialog animations looks for their exact name in Japanese to know which animations to play. If you change the speaker's name without changing the name the plugin looks for, the animation never plays and the character will be greyed out.
Skills work the same way, the game looks for what skill you have equipped by searching your equipped accessory's description for the skill name. That's why skills are broken in the mtl version, the equipment descriptions were changed without changing what the script looks for. There's a ton of stuff like this, but everything I've done so far works 100%.

cactuar

Modder
Mar 31, 2018
I also translated the game recently by hand, and here is the result.

It has been played through by a few people and bugs solved.

I don't have a premium account on GoFile though so the link is temporary.
Looks good, I think I'm going to stop working on mine since this looks complete and playable. A couple things though.

You can fix the "Labyrinth 2F" text when you change floors by adding a space before labyrinth (it only showed 2F for me.)
Same thing here (man in alley) and probably other text boxes like this.
Game_GJR3jjE4q3.png

For text popups overflowing, it's actually an issue with the font. Letting the message display normally looks like this: Game_IU5Zt5VvAV.png
But if you press enter immediately after starting the text box to skip the characters showing one at a time looks like this: Game_SYgZnb6VIg.png
If you change the font it will be fixed and you won't have to fiddle with the padding.

And for event text exceeding the boundary like so:
Game_9n8iz73ANS.png
In MNKR_TMLogWindowMZ.js, you need to edit the addLog function to split text as well. I saw that you added a function and used it for the game window text, but the sex event stuff never goes through the game window functions and gets sent directly to addLog. I added my edit if you want to check it (it's scuffed but works lol).

I'll post again if I notice anything else. Good job.

Spermasahne

Apr 7, 2021
Good luck to all translators, seems this game got picked up by so many people now. Just wait for the next Update, then your translations are gone for good :D

SirDerpington8008

Jan 6, 2021
Looks good, I think I'm going to stop working on mine since this looks complete and playable. A couple things though.

You can fix the "Labyrinth 2F" text when you change floors by adding a space before labyrinth (it only showed 2F for me.)
Same thing here (man in alley) and probably other text boxes like this.
View attachment 2985042

For text popups overflowing, it's actually an issue with the font. Letting the message display normally looks like this: View attachment 2985088
But if you press enter immediately after starting the text box to skip the characters showing one at a time looks like this: View attachment 2985104
If you change the font it will be fixed and you won't have to fiddle with the padding.

And for event text exceeding the boundary like so:
View attachment 2985045
In MNKR_TMLogWindowMZ.js, you need to edit the addLog function to split text as well. I saw that you added a function and used it for the game window text, but the sex event stuff never goes through the game window functions and gets sent directly to addLog. I added my edit if you want to check it (it's scuffed but works lol).

I'll post again if I notice anything else. Good job.
I am fixing the Seduce and Labyrinth <n>F issue, but I did not do any edits to the MNKR_TMLogWindowMZ.js file, one of my early testers did. I will check how it looks with your change and decide if I should use it instead.
The game uses <H(text here)> to display pink text. Seduce was <Seduce> in the code, with <S> being that burnt orange color.

Reactions: Batface

SirDerpington8008

Jan 6, 2021
I am fixing the Seduce and Labyrinth <n>F issue, but I did not do any edits to the MNKR_TMLogWindowMZ.js file, one of my early testers did. I will check how it looks with your change and decide if I should use it instead.
The game uses <H(text here)> to display pink text. Seduce was <Seduce> in the code, with <S> being that burnt orange color.

I fixed the issue you reported, and a few more typos. I also tested your new MNKR_TMLogWindowMZ.js file, and found a case where it still went out of the textbox so edited it a bit and solved that issue. (changed one limit from 57 chars to 50, not sure if from you are already in the file).
As before, I don't have a premium account on GoFile though so the link is temporary.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote