• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py Abandoned Zoey [v0.1] [ntrgames]

3.00 star(s) 7 Votes

Slappy Kinkaid

Game Developer
Apr 14, 2018
I can only repeat what I have already said: that to me it's obvious the dev is developing the story as separate executables.

Nothing you say will change this.

Not sure why you find this so hard to accept, or why you waste so many words on the issue.
I don't find it hard to accept. It seems pretty clear that objective, fact based reasoning is something you're rather poor at & you clearly prefer to cling to delusion for... some reason or other. What I'm trying to do is give you a chance to face reality & come to grips with the facts so that maybe you can save face.

BTW, side note, you initially presented your argument as though each game was "separate chapters" in the story. Well, for starters, in "Favor for a friend" & "Helping the neighbor", you ARE aware that these are completely separate games with completely separate characters right? So how could they be "different chapters" when they aren't even the same people & settings? I mean yeah, I guess they are different chapters in that they are from different stories with different people, so obviously they wouldn't be part of any chapters of Zoey's story, but that actually works against your argument, not in favor of it.
So you're presuming that the game is "Here's the cast of characters, here's the setting, the end, k thx, bye" then chapter 2, it's Christmas, Zoey is roped into a neighbor's photo shoot, it starts getting out of hand & right in the middle of things ramping up, The end. Then chapter 3, Zoey isn't zoey anymore, but is some redhead that, despite being very proper & conservative, decides to be the stripper at her husband's friend's bachelor party to ensure things don't get out of hand, then proceeds to let things get totally out of hand, cheating on her husband in a gangbang, "TOTALLY for the first time", then we fast forward to the redhead turning back into zoey... somehow... & them visiting with their older widower neighbor & start a "hubby's totally not jealous" competition that ends in her fucking the neighbor, going outside their marriage TOTALLY for the first time, even though it would require significant retconning of chapters 2 & 3, then in chapter 5 zoey turns back into the redhead again & she & her husband decide to mess around with his roomate... which now is a young skinny nerdy kid, (wasn't he an old guy in Zoey?), which turns into her fucking the roomate & her & her husband discovering their enjoyment of sharing his wife TOTALLY FOR THE FIRST TIME AGAIN, then in chapter 6 they decide to give their neighbor some fun, totally fooling around outside their marriage for the first time ever... so this is now their 4th or 5th "totally the first time ever" now, the neighbor now being a fat white dude even though it was a skinny old black dude before. Seems legit to me, (sarcasm intended).

So, let's engage our brain for just 2 seconds shall we? I'll make this super simple.
I say the game is abandoned & NOT a complete game because:
A. it only introduced the characters & setting before it ends without any plot, story arc or conclusion. This ALL shows that it's incomplete. To argue otherwise is unyieldingly stupid. You have provided absolutely ZERO counter argument to this.
In fact, let me demonstrate your hypothesis. "Hi, this is Bob. Bob lives at his house. The end." Slap a render on that, upload it to Renpy & I just made a "Complete game" by your definition. See how stupid & pointless that is?
B. The creator said themselves that THIS game was going to be his main project. I sincerely doubt that his side projects would all have substantially more content than his main project if his goal was not to continue building on this. That's kind of the meaning of the words MAIN PROJECT. You have provided ZERO counter argument for this as well.
C. Aside from Zoey being the MC of HFWYG & the Christmas one, there is ZERO connective tissue between the games. You have failed to address this fact as well.

You claim that it is not abandoned & is a complete game because:
A. ????

See the problem there? I stated my position because list of objective facts. You state your position because "herp derp potato beep beep American hot dog uh oh!". Granted you never said those exact words, but they accurately mirror the logic in your argument. Do you remember what I said about doubling down on already refuted arguments & ignoring oppositional counter arguments making you look like a clueless dolt? That's EXACTLY what you're doing. You are being a clueless dolt. Understand, this argument is in response to you jumping into the conversation with your laughably absurd arguments about it being complete. So if you want to prove yourself as not a dolt, instead of just repeating the same tired "Cum on gaiz, it's obvious it's all separate games fer each chapter", ACTUALLY ADDRESS THE ARGUMENTS.
If they were all separate games, then that directly contrasts the creators own position of this game being his main project. Explain that because you're literally arguing AGAINST the CREATOR of the game at that point.
If this is a stand alone game, Explain why it ends after introducing the characters, setting & nothing else. Why would he make a game that has ZERO actual story or content.
If these are all chapters of a larger story, explain why, aside from Zoey being the MC of only 3 of them there's ZERO connective tissue between the games & ALL characters being different in the other 3 games. THESE are the arguments that you NEED to address in order for you & your arguments to have ANY credibility. Just saying "It's obvious to me..." doesn't address ANY of these facts AT ALL. You're saying the creator of the game stating this is his main project "makes it obvious to you" that it's NOT? That introducing characters, a setting, no plot or content before it cuts off is "Obvious to you" that it's a complete game? Same goes for the Christmas one that ended halfway through. The fact that the only connection between these otherwise isolated games is that zoey is the MC of only HALF of them & all the other characters are different makes it "obvious to you" that they are standalone game "chapters"? Do you not understand how astoundingly stupid & absurd that sounds? Because for those of us with a working brain, it seems pretty obvious that this game is an incomplete intro to what was intended to be a larger game that's been sitting abandoned since 2019. So again, why is this not tagged as abandoned?

So again, if you want you & your arguments to be seen as anything other than the nonsense ramblings of a clueless, illogical & detatched from reality dolt, then actually ADDRESS the arguments presented instead of just doubling down on "Cmon guys, it's OBVIOUS from all the facts that SCREAM it's ABANDONED that it's a complete game". Unless that is, your argument is that the creator just outright sucks at making games & can't cohesively write for shit.

Slappy Kinkaid

Game Developer
Apr 14, 2018
Whatever... the fact remains that all of his works seem to be abandoned.
Agreed. But apparently for some of his fanbois, they are immune to things like objective reality & facts & will go through whatever mental gymnastics they need to to cling to their absurd delusions. Just look at the pinhead I'm arguing with. the guy claims "Come on guys, It's a complete game & each chapter is it's own separate games. It's obvious because....." [No evidence or compelling argument provided], then when presented with overwhelming evidence & logical argumentation to the contrary, his only counter argument is continuing to say "come on, it's obvious...." No dude, It's obvious that he's a clueless half with that doesn't have a shred of an argument to stand on. He spouted off his delusional, half baked assumption & just doesn't have the common sense to admit he doesn't know what he's talking about.

ntrvip

Dec 15, 2020
It is really a pity that all this is abandoned but it is kind of a fact by now..

Zoey Christmas Gift was release in january 2020, Zoey "main game" was released in October 2019.

Who would wait even a year for an update of a game (now an year and half for Zoey)

I'm a huge fan and what hurts the most is that not even a reply or update wrote publicly to let us know what is going on, or what we could expect or any time schedule at all..

Really sad :cry:

Slappy Kinkaid

Game Developer
Apr 14, 2018
Since you're writing scarily long posts on an entirely trivial topic, I think I will help you best by not responding. Have a nice day.
While I do agree that the topic is trivial, let me remind you that YOU were the one that initially jumped in claiming it was a complete game. As for my posts being "Scarily long" dude, you really that lazy & illiterate that anything longer than a tweet is "ZOMG SUCH LONG BUK!". Well, I guess that would explain why you're so oblivious to objective facts. Can't really be aware of them if you're unable or unwilling to read them to make sure you have a clue about what you're talking about.

Here, lemme make it simple for you. You claim "it's obvious that it's a stand alone game". What makes you presume it's obvious & how do you explain the fact that the creator of the game himself said that this was his main project & would be receiving updates, plus the game as it is, ends after introducing the characters & the setting, Both of which are objective facts that make it more obvious that it's NOT a complete game? Can you explain that? Why would the creator say it's his man project & will receive updates if you believe it's obvious that he intended to do the opposite? Explain that. Do you think you can handle that?

Oh BTW, yeah, you can address the arguments, or admit your wrong, or of course you can just choose not to respond. If you can address the arguments adequately, that's respectable. If you admit you're wrong & talked before you had the facts, Hey at least you can be respected for taking accountability & learning from it. If you just decide not to respond, well that just proves that you're not just a clueless dolt, but a coward that runs away once he's proven to be full of shit. Your call pal.

Slappy Kinkaid

Game Developer
Apr 14, 2018
anedwcan Here let me make it super short & simple. You say it's obvious that it's a complete game, the creator said it's his main game & will be receiving updates, meaning it's not. Explain how it's obvious it's complete when even the creator says otherwise. That short & simple enough for ya?

anedwcan

Sep 25, 2017
It is really a pity that all this is abandoned but it is kind of a fact by now..
It seems the dev hasn't abandoned Zoey - he's just creating new stand-alone games to continue the story instead of updating the executable in this thread.

Whether that is bad or good isn't for me to say. I certainly understand if adhering to f95's tagging system isn't high on his list of priorities however.

Reactions: ntrvip

packard1928

Engaged Member
Nov 16, 2018
Yes that is true and als false. He did do new games instead of doing chapters to the existing. However, We have not herd from him at ALL in several months. THat by the rules of this site makes them Abandoned.

ntrvip

Dec 15, 2020
Yes that is true and als false. He did do new games instead of doing chapters to the existing. However, We have not herd from him at ALL in several months. THat by the rules of this site makes them Abandoned.
anedwcan you are wrong on that point, he did abandoned Zoey! Doing new standalone games with same girl is not continuing Zoey main game and packard1928 you are right but doing new games, again has nothing to do with starting promising games as Zoey "Main Game" and Zoey Christmas Gift and letting fans without any update on continuing them when the story is obviously continuing on both.. That is what is sad.. hope he comes back one day to finish those projects and hopefully before people forget about his great work.. as i said big fan here but really sad :cry:

anedwcan

Sep 25, 2017
I have no idea how many months need to pass. His latest post on Patreon is dated December last year.

• Thinking Face

packard1928

Engaged Member
Nov 16, 2018
anedwcan you are wrong on that point, he did abandoned Zoey! Doing new standalone games with same girl is not continuing Zoey main game and packard1928 you are right but doing new games, again has nothing to do with starting promising games as Zoey "Main Game" and Zoey Christmas Gift and letting fans without any update on continuing them when the story is obviously continuing on both.. That is what is sad.. hope he comes back one day to finish those projects and hopefully before people forget about his great work.. as i said big fan here but really sad :cry:
Yep I agree... he could have had a pretty good following and made some monies....... Win win. but seems not to be. But we still hope. Zoey is a very sexy model .

• Red Heart
Reactions: Dr70_1 and ntrvip

Slappy Kinkaid

Game Developer
Apr 14, 2018
I have no idea how many months need to pass. His latest post on Patreon is dated December last year.
3 months without update or any kind of tangible communication is the time table before it's deemed abandoned. He dropped off the radar over 5 months ago & this 0.1 was uploaded over a year & a half ago.

Oh & if you're going to continue trying to argue "No man, it's all stand alone games that are the next chapters of the story", you need to realize you look like a complete idiot because you ignore all the evidence to the contrary & provide ZERO evidence or logic for your absurd belief. Let's recap real fast.
A. The CREATOR THEMSELVES said that this was their main project & WOULD be receiving updates. Explain that since it directly contradicts your theory.
B. The "finished game" ends after only introducing the characters & setting. Explain how that's "complete".
C. The characters in ALL the games are different INCLUDING the MC in all the stories, with the exception of Zoey in 3 of them. How are the other games with the redhead MC part of the same story when all the characters are different, When Zoey's husband is different in a few of them & when Zoey & her husband live with an old dude roommate, wait no, now they live alone in an apartment building, Wait, no they live in a house & Zoey isn't Zoey anymore, but some random redhead, wait, no she's zoey again & they live in a house, have kids & a old black neighbor, but wait, no the neighbor is a white old fat guy & Zoey is the random redhead again, wait, turns out they did have a roommate, but it was a nerdy white guy. That sound like a cohesive plot to a single story to you? REALLY?

I have challenged you REPEATEDLY to address these obvious facts & you consistently fail to do so, yet you still insist on claiming that they are all separate games that are part of the whole story. You're either intentionally trolling & fully aware that you're typing bullshit, or you're really that stupid, in which case, you have my pity. But until you're able to address those facts that I've repeatedly laid out for you, you'll continue looking like a clueless dolt.

Bagley

Jan 22, 2018
So I didn't read the novels in here, but is this a complete game?, is it abandoned? or what?
It's abandoned and is basically a demo/prologue. The dev decided to make other games using the same character asset but there has been no news from the dev for nearly 6 months for any of their games.

3.00 star(s) 7 Votes