chairfull

Game Developer
Mar 14, 2022
Thank you all for trying it. We're rewriting the quest event system to work better.
And yeah, this build was too premature to be posted here.
Alpha-alpha builds should only be in dev thread and Patreon.

First I was concerned that the download was merely 60 MB, I assunmed RenPy alone takes about 100.
The build was nearly 1GB before we converted the .pngs to .webp. Went down to around 50MB. I was surprised.

I tried posting an example, but F95zone won't show .webp.

foreg

Oct 8, 2017
Very nice game with a cool concept and very nice art.
I would be more carefull about releasing unstable build on the other hand: when you write a story, many devices will almost only work on the first time it is readen, for example plot twist, suspense, building up expectations or excitation of discovering new stuff etc... . If this first time is spoiled by bugs and players have to play a second or a third time the game to get a smooth story, then that basically render null many effort you may have put in your story.
On the other hand I can only command your responsiveness at hotfixing.
Also maybe you could make more explicit how you explore out of your house. It took me quite some time to figure it out. In many other games on this site, clicking a second time on the map button just return you to you last room.

So great work so far, and best of luck for the rest!

mbomb30001

Sep 9, 2020
Love this art style. Loved the original story linear story as well. Also love the new free roam mechanic. But man...this game is BUH-GEE. Random crashes all the time, missing images, and the quest log doesn't update after some tasks have been finished. I restarted a new save and when I went to scavenge it would boot me back to the main menu. Then I would start a new save and somehow my traps would all be set up. On a completely new save. Really hope the bugs get worked out and the story continues. Keep up the good work.

Reactions: jura7

john1230

Oct 6, 2020
v0.7.1 bugs

=================================================================
1st bug: If you untie Olivia and try to talk to her again it throws up this:

Full traceback:
File "game/scripts/sandbox.rpyc", line 120, in script call
[Previous line repeated 2 more times]
File "game/scripts/events/o.rpyc", line 265, in script
File "C:\Users\Redacted\Desktop\Zilf_Next_Door-0.7.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1408, in execute
show_imspec(self.imspec, atl=getattr(self, "atl", None))
File "C:\Users\Redacted\Desktop\Zilf_Next_Door-0.7.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1371, in show_imspec
renpy.config.show(name,
File "C:\Users\Redacted\Desktop\Zilf_Next_Door-0.7.1-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 698, in show
img = i(img)
TypeError: 'RevertableList' object is not callable

Windows-10-10.0.19044 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809

===========================================================================

2nd Bug: After you get the scene where Dalia say she'll reward the MC if he goes out scavenging by himself:

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\Redacted\Desktop\Zilf_Next_Door-0.7.1-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 277, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\Users\Redacted\Desktop\Zilf_Next_Door-0.7.1-pc\renpy\main.py", line 660, in main
run(restart)
File "C:\Users\Redacted\Desktop\Zilf_Next_Door-0.7.1-pc\renpy\main.py", line 146, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "C:\Users\Redacted\Desktop\Zilf_Next_Door-0.7.1-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 938, in run_context
context.run()
[Previous line repeated 9 more times]
File "C:\Users\Redacted\Desktop\Zilf_Next_Door-0.7.1-pc\renpy\script.py", line 927, in lookup
raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))
ScriptError: could not find label 'o_zomb_captured'.

Windows-10-10.0.19044 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809

==========================================================================

3rd bug: there's no picture of the hammer when you find it.
4th bug: the butt plug you buy from the horde don't get removed from your inventory after using it.
5th bug: you get booted to the main menu if you try to scavenge early in the game.
6th bug: when you redefine the relationship of the characters they still say neighbour instead of the defined default that you set.

==========================================================================

Don't know if it's fixed in v0.7.1.2/3 of the game, just reporting it so that the DEV knows since people are whining about bugs but are not posting the crash logs.

Last edited:
Reactions: chairfull and jura7

u3poD

Dec 26, 2017
is there a walkthrough? I cant find even half of the screenshots in the description and there is nothing new that I can do

mbomb30001

Sep 9, 2020
Finally replaying after the patch. Only complaint I can bring is the mission with clara and the ursula. The mission says I need to deliver batteries to clara. But when I scavenge claras house or just visit her house. Nothing happens. And I have 20+ batteries. Also the ursula mission. I have visited her already. What is the next step.

John muff

Jun 13, 2022
I love this game already I am waitingfor the next update, but I ran into some problems with the game so you can feed you family but when given the chance that there food meter is down I tried feeding them and it would not work unfortunately and also if you take off paper the zombie milf in the basement and untie her it hits an error. Great game so far :D.

John muff

Jun 13, 2022
Thank you to everyone who played! Whether you liked it or didn't, I'm grateful of all the billions of games out there, you tried this one.

v0.7 is coming soon: Dev Thread.

Currently all sex is with MC. I don't have other guys planned, but I have ideas for stuff like that if there is interest.
Currently there are females who transform in and out of a zombie.
In future, there will be an MC zombie arc.

Not even close. The v0.6 release is only the beginning! :DD

Unfortunately I might not be able to do an Android version then, as I have no way to test.
I plan to open source the project when it is done. So people can port it then.
If you do do NTF
Thank you to everyone who played! Whether you liked it or didn't, I'm grateful of all the billions of games out there, you tried this one.

v0.7 is coming soon: Dev Thread.

Currently all sex is with MC. I don't have other guys planned, but I have ideas for stuff like that if there is interest.
Currently there are females who transform in and out of a zombie.
In future, there will be an MC zombie arc.

Not even close. The v0.6 release is only the beginning! :DD

Unfortunately I might not be able to do an Android version then, as I have no way to test.
I plan to open source the project when it is done. So people can port it then.
I love the way the story is going if you want to have cucking I ask you make it optional or avoidable :), just so you don't get bombarded by the people who dont like being cucked.

Fox.Mulder

Jul 31, 2017
Does the renaming menu just not work at all or is it just me? It just keeps whatever the defaults are for their roles. I figured I'd try to just change them in the files myself too but I couldn't figure out where that information is stored either.

foreg

Oct 8, 2017
Does the renaming menu just not work at all or is it just me? It just keeps whatever the defaults are for their roles. I figured I'd try to just change them in the files myself too but I couldn't figure out where that information is stored either.
I think I remember renaming wasn't working reliably for me neither

boblicticious

Jun 16, 2017
Patreon stopped, is Chairfull still working on this?
I saw on their patreon before they ghosted that they were working with new art generation and possibly working on a new game in the same vein (or at least in the same universe) as this game. I 80% assumed at that point that this game wouldn't get updated, but I'm surprised to see the dev has actually turned off their patreon.

Probably safe to assume this is donezo. Really unfortunate, I was enjoying this one and wanted to see where they'd take it.

4.70 star(s) 7 Votes