• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Spiderling77

Aug 17, 2018
Yeah, one of the main problem I have is that for 1, I never manage to attack first, and by the time I attack, I'm at like 2 hp. So I lose any fight I get, and no way to solve situations without fighting. Because I always fight more than one person at a time.
One of the problems that I have noticed is that many people are having a difficult time in combat. Which is perfect, I want the fighting to be difficult and not a simple "smash normal attack until it dies". But for people who don't like this, I put several solutions, first this stealth which is a compromise between fighting and not fighting and then this luck that gives you more options giving you the ability to completely avoid combat in missions.

The main problem that I think exists is that missions can be generated that are pure combat, which is also fine, so unless you have "influence" you are forced to do it. And if the situation occurs that you just got all the missions that are all combat and you have a build purely based on luck and avoiding combat, you are fuck .

The solution I can think of is basically another rework to the quest system, which I still have on my to-do list but I'm going to keep that in mind. Maybe add the ability to bride or fuck someone to modifier the mission pool or something like that.

R4d6

Jul 17, 2018
I kept selecting the 'good ending' options, but they only 'gave me some clues' that the kidnapped resisted her kidnappers.

Of the few missions I did, all of them ended with me fighting 3-4 people that got their turn first, making me almost dead, while all of them also having power.

I understand having hard combat, but I feel this is worse than dark soul level of difficulty.
There's hard, and there 'almost dying as soon as the fight start'.

Also I feel you should have an option of saying 'Nope' once you're getting near a fight, because for those daily quests, here's all the options I had :

1. Bad ending (didn't do it, obviously.)
2. Good ending (Simply give some text that show that the victim resisted, nothing else)
3. Sell some scoop to the press (Give you money)
4. Fight (Start with a stealth test, if you fail the enemies attack first, and since their 3-4, they almost one-shot you before you can do anything.)

Reactions: Spiderling77

Karnewarrior

Oct 28, 2017
"Good End" should probably be called something else, as it's not actually an end to the mission - it raises a counter which itself represents progress towards the end of the mission. Depending on what hits five first, good end or bad end "points", you'll either good end or bad end the mission.
Bad ends, by the way, are functionally irrelevant on easier difficulties. If you have a combat-weak set up for your hero, you're going to find yourself clicking those options a lot.

Changes I would make:
  • Rename "Good End" and "Bad End" to "Find Clue". In fact, make them the same function, and have whether they increase the Good End or Bad End total be semi-random and depend on two factors - One being your luck stat, and the other how long you've been at the mission. The lower your luck or the later on in the mission, the better chance the clue adds to the Bad End pool.
  • To balance this for luckless builds, have successful fights end by giving the player a guaranteed Good End clue. That way if your luck is crap you can just beat the shit out of goons until you find the boss and achieve your goal.
  • When combat starts, give the player the option to try stealth, rather than assuming it. If the character's stealth is low, it'd be better for them to just charge in, right? Perhaps have different approaches that unlock depending on your particular skillset - characters with super strength can Kool-aid Man through the wall. Characters who are sneaky can approach via the rafters/vents and get the first strike in. Characters with high charm make a dazzling showman's entrance, boggling the goons long enough to get the alpha strike. These different ways of approaching enemies can have different boons too - stealth characters get a powerful first attack, strength characters get random amounts of damage already dealt to the goons, and charm characters can maybe apply some kind of confusion effect, or alternatively reduce the number of goons even there by one (as one runs off in terror or something).

fnray9

Jun 27, 2017
Image Pack is installed,
(you should change the installation directions to reflect the need to download the CG section and where to install it)

But i am still getting errors that cause the game to freeze and become unplayable the moment i finish character creation.
See the Attached images in the Spoiler Below

IMAGES
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Spiderling77

Aug 17, 2018
I kept selecting the 'good ending' options, but they only 'gave me some clues' that the kidnapped resisted her kidnappers.

Of the few missions I did, all of them ended with me fighting 3-4 people that got their turn first, making me almost dead, while all of them also having power.

I understand having hard combat, but I feel this is worse than dark soul level of difficulty.
There's hard, and there 'almost dying as soon as the fight start'.

Also I feel you should have an option of saying 'Nope' once you're getting near a fight, because for those daily quests, here's all the options I had :

1. Bad ending (didn't do it, obviously.)
2. Good ending (Simply give some text that show that the victim resisted, nothing else)
3. Sell some scoop to the press (Give you money)
4. Fight (Start with a stealth test, if you fail the enemies attack first, and since their 3-4, they almost one-shot you before you can do anything.)
I think Karnewarrior explained quite well how the quest system works. The main problem I see is that I am really bad at explaining how these mechanics work. Out of curiosity, could you pass your character sheet? Because it's relatively easy to come out first in fights if you have a decent level of agility and reflexes. Anyway, I'm thinking of nerfing the initial enemies a bit.

"Good End" should probably be called something else, as it's not actually an end to the mission - it raises a counter which itself represents progress towards the end of the mission. Depending on what hits five first, good end or bad end "points", you'll either good end or bad end the mission.
Bad ends, by the way, are functionally irrelevant on easier difficulties. If you have a combat-weak set up for your hero, you're going to find yourself clicking those options a lot.

Changes I would make:
  • Rename "Good End" and "Bad End" to "Find Clue". In fact, make them the same function, and have whether they increase the Good End or Bad End total be semi-random and depend on two factors - One being your luck stat, and the other how long you've been at the mission. The lower your luck or the later on in the mission, the better chance the clue adds to the Bad End pool.
  • To balance this for luckless builds, have successful fights end by giving the player a guaranteed Good End clue. That way if your luck is crap you can just beat the shit out of goons until you find the boss and achieve your goal.
  • When combat starts, give the player the option to try stealth, rather than assuming it. If the character's stealth is low, it'd be better for them to just charge in, right? Perhaps have different approaches that unlock depending on your particular skillset - characters with super strength can Kool-aid Man through the wall. Characters who are sneaky can approach via the rafters/vents and get the first strike in. Characters with high charm make a dazzling showman's entrance, boggling the goons long enough to get the alpha strike. These different ways of approaching enemies can have different boons too - stealth characters get a powerful first attack, strength characters get random amounts of damage already dealt to the goons, and charm characters can maybe apply some kind of confusion effect, or alternatively reduce the number of goons even there by one (as one runs off in terror or something).
1- That's a great idea, I'm going to change the bad ending name to "clue" and the good ending name to "great clue". Why the difference? apart from that narratively they are different a "bad" ending gives you half the experience that a "good" ending for completing a mission.

2-That also seems to be a good one although I think it would be better to give it some difficulty such as having to roll subterfuge, persuasion, or mental manipulation to extract the information.

3-I was thinking of introducing something similar in the mission rework. Basically the ability to do a power move at the beginning of the mission gives you a bonus. Use your fire powers to generate a ring of flames around the building so that the criminals cannot escape and as a bonus give you more time in the mission. Or use your earth powers to just split the building in half and remove from the encounter pool 1 fight with enemies.

But what you suggested is also a good idea, basically giving you the option of instead using stealth attack you can use pure physical strength or another power. For example, you can try using stealth to defeat them one by one like Batman or use your super strength to destroy a wall causing enemies to start with less life, etc.

Image Pack is installed,
(you should change the installation directions to reflect the need to download the CG section and where to install it)

But I am still getting errors that cause the game to freeze and become unplayable the moment i finish character creation.

IMAGES
Hi!thanks for the report, are you sure that you are using the 0.4.4.S? I'm almost sure to fix that bug.

Karnewarrior

Oct 28, 2017
I think Karnewarrior explained quite well how the quest system works. The main problem I see is that I am really bad at explaining how these mechanics work.
Brutal self-murder... But unfortunately kind of true. My guess is that English isn't your first language, judging by the consistency and type of mistakes made.

That said, I wouldn't be here if the game was truly bad. I've seen far, far worse. For the most part I think you just need a proofreader.

1- That's a great idea, I'm going to change the bad ending name to "clue" and the good ending name to "great clue". Why the difference? apart from that narratively they are different a "bad" ending gives you half the experience that a "good" ending for completing a mission.

2-That also seems to be a good one although I think it would be better to give it some difficulty such as having to roll subterfuge, persuasion, or mental manipulation to extract the information.
1- Hmmm. I mean, part of the reasoning behind merging the two was that the player can't tell whether the clue is going to be good or bad. As it stands, if you're able to complete combats reliably you will never, ever "fail" a mission, because the only thing stopping you from doing so is either getting curbstomped by goons or being too impatient to wait for the tooltips to show up. This is one of those cases where I think you're giving the player too much information - you can even just walk around combats with a bit of luck, getting a good end on a mission with 0 in every stat. It's not something that should be possible without a complete mastery of the game's systems, and as it stands the only gate for doing that is simply knowing about the tooltips and having 0.3 seconds to wait for each one.

2- Rolling isn't difficulty, remember that. Rolling is randomness. Difficulty only exists when the player's skill is involved. One way of doing that would be minigames, but that would probably be a hassle to implement. Much simpler to just tie it directly to combat, imo.

Spiderling77

Aug 17, 2018
When i finish making a character all i get is a bunch of white cubes
That is a new one, thanks for the report!. Can you please show me what the console has?.

Brutal self-murder... But unfortunately kind of true. My guess is that English isn't your first language, judging by the consistency and type of mistakes made.

That said, I wouldn't be here if the game was truly bad. I've seen far, far worse. For the most part I think you just need a proofreader.

1- Hmmm. I mean, part of the reasoning behind merging the two was that the player can't tell whether the clue is going to be good or bad. As it stands, if you're able to complete combats reliably you will never, ever "fail" a mission, because the only thing stopping you from doing so is either getting curbstomped by goons or being too impatient to wait for the tooltips to show up. This is one of those cases where I think you're giving the player too much information - you can even just walk around combats with a bit of luck, getting a good end on a mission with 0 in every stat. It's not something that should be possible without a complete mastery of the game's systems, and as it stands the only gate for doing that is simply knowing about the tooltips and having 0.3 seconds to wait for each one.

2- Rolling isn't difficulty, remember that. Rolling is randomness. Difficulty only exists when the player's skill is involved. One way of doing that would be minigames, but that would probably be a hassle to implement. Much simpler to just tie it directly to combat, imo.
Yea, English is not my first language but finding a proofreader is really difficult. I use Grammarly to check but some times is not enough.

I also totally agree that rolling dice isn't difficulty. It's basically a patch that I put when I see a hole in the gameplay, like for example don't having a flirt system. I think a good solution is having different types of missions, like an extermination one in what you just have to kill groups of enemies or another that have clues and is a little more luck base.

And yes, it is difficult to balance the difficulty of the game. Since I'm trying to give a place to those players who don't want to fight and have a character that is 100% charisma. But anyway the game should not be 100% based on luck and I don't like mechanics that make other mechanics avoidables. Maybe I will raise the difficulty to bullshit your way of a mission without a fight or instead of not having to fight you just have really easy enemies.

Finally, since there will be no update this week, at least I will share what I have been working on. Remember the new power system allows to have an Action as a core a maximum 7 modifiers. Also, remember that you will be able to change the emote for whatever you like so if you just wanna do some tactical dick sucking with Lust manipulation or do something lest slutty you can.

Spiderling77

Aug 17, 2018
Image Pack is installed,

But i am still getting errors that cause the game to freeze and become unplayable the moment i finish character creation.

IMAGES
Ups I forget to update the main post, you are using an older version.
Download this one :

Reactions: Plazaz

Karnewarrior

Oct 28, 2017
If you mean the directory for the game itself, just move the zipped file you downloaded somewhere else before you unpack it (and delete the folder you've got if you already unpacked).
If you mean the directory for the images, like the ones for the PC, you can't. That's hardcoded in, AFAICT.
It'd probably be a lot better for it to look in an images folder already packed into the game's folder though. Much simpler than having to navigate the temp files region of everyone's computer.

Spiderling77

Aug 17, 2018
If you mean the directory for the game itself, just move the zipped file you downloaded somewhere else before you unpack it (and delete the folder you've got if you already unpacked).
If you mean the directory for the images, like the ones for the PC, you can't. That's hardcoded in, AFAICT.
It'd probably be a lot better for it to look in an images folder already packed into the game's folder though. Much simpler than having to navigate the temp files region of everyone's computer.
Sadly it is a limitation of Godot, the only folder that you can touch after that has been compiled is the user one.

Spiderling77

Aug 17, 2018
Update 0.4.5.S

-Changed good and bad ending to clue and a great clue
-Fixed the bug where luck didn't give you more options
-Add the rule that the maximum number of enemies that can come out at the same time is Your group size + Mission rank - 1. So say goodbye to get fucked by 5 enemies in the first mission.
-Added 1 of the 2 crises to the bodyguard quest, little by little I fill in what is missing.
-There was also background work to prepare the update of the new power system for now I will wait before showing that progress.

Link Windows

Link Mac

Spiderling77

Aug 17, 2018
Ok girl, boys and sentient rogue AI and FBI agents that follow my internet activities. I need to be honest, this update is SUPER unstable. The testing that I did for lack of time has been minimal, everything works in theory but honestly, if you want a pleasant experience I would wait another week. But if you feel lucky and wanna help me with testing I upload this version.

Update 0.5.0.E

-Complete rework of the skill system. A new craft skill panel was added to the character selection.
-Multiple improves to the combat UI, for example, if you can’t use a skill it will appear in a darker color.
-Removed Elementalist.
-Removed Mentalism.
-Added the Terror Manipulation superpower.
-Added the Lust Manipulation superpower.
-Added the Order Manipulation superpower.
-Added the Fire Manipulation superpower.
-Added the Wind Manipulation superpower.
-Added the Earth Manipulation superpower.
-Added the Ice Manipulation superpower.
-Added the Electricity Manipulation superpower.

Link for windows:

Link for mac:

Discord Link:

Spiderling77

Aug 17, 2018
Update 0.5.1.E:

-Fix the bug where the message when you fail a skill was not showing.
-Fix the bug where the level up panel doesn't work.
-Fix bug where skill saves were not being “cleaned”.
-Fix bug where the correct number of memory slots was not displayed.
-Fix bug where the memory slot in the UI does not correspond to the one selected.
-Fix bug where the information on previously existed skills in memory was not displayed.
-Fix bug where the damage multiplier when crafting was not correct.
-Fix bug where the bleed was not calculated correctly.
-Fix bug where attacks that left charges to burn would also cause bleeding.
-Fix bug where being on fire didn't prevent gaining more bleeding charges. So now you can cauterize the bleeding of your characters by setting them on fire.

Link for windows:

Link for mac:

voninja

May 19, 2020
After making my character the game stops with a screen with white cubes and freezes there. any got a fix?
?.