Kurzgert

Mar 13, 2020
That is a new one, thanks for the report.

Your folders should look like this :
View attachment 682449
Yes my folders do look like that yet some does not work. I don't know if the menu where you choose your avatar has a limit on how many avatars it can load or if this error that I see on the console is related to the probelm

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Oct 29, 2018
Yes my folders do look like that yet some does not work. I don't know if the menu where you choose your avatar has a limit on how many avatars it can load or if this error that I see on the console is related to the probelm

The limit is 100 pictures, and that error message should just be a false positive. You can ignore it if you are able to access the photos.

Spiderling77

Aug 17, 2018

Ok let's think for a second, your problem is that the images of the image pack don't appear in your character creator no?. Are you using a Mac or the Windows version?. And before you ask the last time I tried to fix the false positives problem I corrupted the whole project so for now, it stays like this.

Eggtree McGee

Jan 1, 2018
I've narrowed down the crash a bit, it seems to be whenever my character dies (which is often since I suck at the combat). I have also had the crash happen on turn 1 when there was 5 enemies, perhaps they killed me on the first turn or something.

Here is the many lines of code I mentioned that runs before the game closes. This isn't all of it, this is just what I managed to clip.

Reactions: Spiderling77

Spiderling77

Aug 17, 2018
I've narrowed down the crash a bit, it seems to be whenever my character dies (which is often since I suck at the combat). I have also had the crash happen on turn 1 when there was 5 enemies, perhaps they killed me on the first turn or something.

Here is the many lines of code I mentioned that runs before the game closes. This isn't all of it, this is just what I managed to clip.
Thanks for the extra info, I was able to find and fix that bug. Tomorrow I will update a new version with that fix.

Kurzgert

Mar 13, 2020
Ok let's think for a second, your problem is that the images of the image pack don't appear in your character creator no?. Are you using a Mac or the Windows version?. And before you ask the last time I tried to fix the false positives problem I corrupted the whole project so for now, it stays like this.
I'm using the windows version. Also a handful of the images do appear but I think it's just the first picture of every category for skin color in the image pack folder

Spiderling77

Aug 17, 2018
I'm using the windows version. Also a handful of the images do appear but I think it's just the first picture of every category for skin color in the image pack folder
Thanks for the report! I already fixed the bug and soon I will post the update.

Spiderling77

Aug 17, 2018
0.4.3.E

-Fixed bug where the game crash when you die in combat

-Now the old text will appear after the new text so you don't have to scroll.

-Now the game creates the Image_Pack folder and the Avatars folder.

-Fixed the bug where it only shows the first images of the Imagen Pack

-Perks!: Now when an NPC has the required stats will give you perks to use in the time jump, the perk panel will appear in the right top corner. This is the first part of the implementation of this system, originally to get the perk you need to complete a series of quest but that will come in later updates. For now, you just need to get the correct stats to get the bonus.

Bodyguard:+5 Security in the time jump. Requires 0 Submission, 100 Wrath, and 10 Love.

Charity Queen: +5 Influence in the time jump. Requires 0 Greed and 10 Love.

House Wife/Husband: +5 Fun in the time jump. Requires 10 Love and 10 Submission.

Mad Alchemist: +5 Health in the time jump. Requires 0 Love, 0 Submission, and 100 Gluttony."

Manager:+10 Work but - 5 Fun in the time jump. Requires 100 Greed and 0 Submission.

Rival:+5 Progress in the time jump. Requires 0 Submission, 100 Wrath, and 0 Love.

Secretary:+5 Work in the time jump. Requires 10 Submission and 0 Sloth.

Sex Slave:+5 Fun in the time jump. Requires 10 Submission,100 Lust and 0 Love

Link Windows:

Link Mac:

Spiderling77

Aug 17, 2018
NewPatchMeme.png

Ok, this week there will be no update, hopefully, next week yes. Lately, I was super busy with real-life things and had the brilliant idea to do another rework before finishing the quests.

First, what about missions? In total, I have to do around 80 events to finish them. Yes, the number is huge so I will probably launch them with placeholder text and gradually fill them out. It is not the best but since writing is what costs me the most, this guarantees that the project does not stagnate in one thing.

Second, another Rework? yes, another rework. In this case, it's up to the powers, honestly, I don't like how limiting it is for a game where you have to be a superhero. For that, I am going to remove the prefabricated skills and give you the ability to create your own techniques.

Basically you will have a core skill and then up to 7 modifiers that you can put on it. You gain modifiers and slots while you level up a branch of techniques and the best thing is that you can combine them together. Do you want to have stone attacks that create burns? An attack in an area with your sword that electrocuting the enemy? With this system, it will be possible. This rework also includes the divisions of powers, now Mental Manipulation will be divided into Terror Manipulation, Lust Manipulation, and Order Manipulation and Elemental Manipulation will be divided into Fire Manipulation, Ice Manipulation, Earth Manipulation, Electricity Manipulation, and Wind Manipulation. There is much more information on the subject and if you have further questions feel free to ask.

In addition to all this, you will have your own Powerpedia, the option to save your techniques so that they can be used through various characters and through various saves. In this way, you will not have to write the emote over and over again (because yes, you can also customize what your character does in the text box in combat).

Finally, combat is going to have another touch up with an additional rule. If you do a total of Stun Charges = Enemy's Physique X 2 you automatically defeat the enemy in question. This serves not only to give rise to a new style of play but also to have a 100% non-lethal request for combat.

To end this message I will show you the icons I made for the 88 new techniques and modifiers to give you a general idea of what's to come:
GridPower.png

Reactions: dd777

mkasana

Aug 19, 2017
Hi, Just found your game and wanted to play it but every time I get to the last character creation panel it just shows a weird blocky background. I don't mean 2D black but 3D like it's from Windows selection of backgrounds. It runs on GODOT. Not even sure if it's supposed to run it on GODOT.
The error message I get is:

SCRIPT ERROR: init_Panel_Techniques: Invalid operands 'Nil' and 'int' in operator '+'.
At: res://Scenes/Panel_Techniques.gdc:33

I have no idea what that means. Help? Pls.

Last edited:

Spiderling77

Aug 17, 2018
Hi, Just found your game and wanted to play it but every time I get to the last character creation panel it just shows a weird blocky background. I don't mean 2D black but 3D like it's from Windows selection of backgrounds. It runs on GODOT. Not even sure if it's supposed to run it on GODOT.
The error message I get is:

SCRIPT ERROR: init_Panel_Techniques: Invalid operands 'Nil' and 'int' in operator '+'.
At: res://Scenes/Panel_Techniques.gdc:33

I have no idea what that means. Help? Pls.
Hi! are you sure that you are using the 0.4.2.S?.

Spiderling77

Aug 17, 2018
I tried both the 0.4.2 and the experimental 0.4.3 and they give the same error. I downloaded the 0.4.2 from the spoiler that said to ignore the others. I'm really not sure what to do.
Thanks! I found the bug and already fix it. The problem is with the power Merlin Remembrance, I will update the game on Sunday. If you still wanna play it just don't use that power and it should work.

mkasana

Aug 19, 2017
Thanks! I found the bug and already fix it. The problem is with the power Merlin Remembrance, I will update the game on Sunday. If you still wanna play it just don't use that power and it should work.
Ok, so I played the game a day back and there were few things that kind of put me off. I know that this isn't even alpha and just a proof of concept so that will probably change later on. One of the things that were weird to me was the menu when you're playing the hero. It felt kind of unwieldy and it took a bit of time before the icon loaded the next screen(Though, I'm not sure if that's just my computer).

The second was the combat. I kept on attacking and finishing a fight without even realizing how I id that. I know that when I used a special attack then the enemy suffered a debuff but then I got into a fight where it was enemy turn and nothing was happening. I waited 5 minutes and nothing really changed and no error displayed.

Then there were a few language errors but you already said that English isn't your native tongue, so it's understandable.

Otherwise I think that your game can be pretty good. I guess it still way too soon to really judge the game. I hope that you keep improving the game. The make your own hero game of this type isn't something I've seen before, sure it reminds me of TiTS and CoC but it's also pretty different.

Sorry, if I don't sound very positive. I do hope that this game gets better. Can't wait for the next update.

Spiderling77

Aug 17, 2018
Ok, so I played the game a day back and there were few things that kind of put me off. I know that this isn't even alpha and just a proof of concept so that will probably change later on. One of the things that were weird to me was the menu when you're playing the hero. It felt kind of unwieldy and it took a bit of time before the icon loaded the next screen(Though, I'm not sure if that's just my computer).

The second was the combat. I kept on attacking and finishing a fight without even realizing how I id that. I know that when I used a special attack then the enemy suffered a debuff but then I got into a fight where it was enemy turn and nothing was happening. I waited 5 minutes and nothing really changed and no error displayed.

Then there were a few language errors but you already said that English isn't your native tongue, so it's understandable.

Otherwise I think that your game can be pretty good. I guess it still way too soon to really judge the game. I hope that you keep improving the game. The make your own hero game of this type isn't something I've seen before, sure it reminds me of TiTS and CoC but it's also pretty different.

Sorry, if I don't sound very positive. I do hope that this game gets better. Can't wait for the next update.
Thanks for the feedback.! I totally agree that interface and combat need more work. I have also noticed that a lot of feedback is missing when fighting and in general although it is functional it is not an experience that I consider pleasant. With the new power system, I hope to remedy some of that problem.

As for the problem loading avatars, I know why exist and is something that I want to fix but for now, I don't have a single clue how to do it. Perhaps putting a simple sign that says "Loading avatars" will make the experience more acceptable and don't give the impression that the game crashed.

Reactions: mkasana

Spiderling77

Aug 17, 2018
How wants an update that introduces a new half baked featured?. Expect a hotfix during this week, If work doesn't keep me too busy I will go full mast on coding.

Update 0.4.4.E

-Fixed the bug where Merlin Rebembrace crashes the game.
-Added the quest panel and 70+ quests, they only have placeholder text for now. The Bodyguard intro and first training are the only ones complete. You can ignore this feature since it is not fundamental to play the game for now.

Link to Mac:

Link to Windows:

Spiderling77

Aug 17, 2018
Update 0.4.4.S
-Added the Knowledge aptitude: Basically, it gives you a bonus on progress rolls as passive and is the misc aptitude for various rolls related to knowing things, like math, cooking, etc.

-Fixed the bug that the game crashed when changing the defense type during combat.

-Now quests ask for the corresponding roll, they continue with placeholder text but now at least they are not going to ask you for a roll of elementalism to train a secretary.

-Added small animation to the panel for defeat and victory in combat. This way it is not cut so dry when finished

-Enemies now scream when they receive status, like bleeding or burning, to give more impact to combat.

-Fixed the bug where you don't lose the social interaction points after doing a quest.

I want to make a little clarification, a very common bug that was reported to my is that the combat stops when you have 0 ap. In that case, you must click on the button to pass the turn to continue. That means that it is not a bug but a shitty game mechanic that I need to change.

Link to the Windows version:

Link to the Mac version:

Karnewarrior

Oct 28, 2017
May not be a shitty mechanic, could just be a UI issue where it's not displayed properly. Maybe have the next turn button flash when AP hits zero?

Also, unrelated to the thread, but how do I turn off notifications of ratings/reviews without blocking my notifs on responses to the thread itself? I like keeping up with the conversation on ZtH but I could care less about XxJohn_Doe69xX's feelings on the matter.

Spiderling77

Aug 17, 2018
May not be a shitty mechanic, could just be a UI issue where it's not displayed properly. Maybe have the next turn button flash when AP hits zero?

Also, unrelated to the thread, but how do I turn off notifications of ratings/reviews without blocking my notifs on responses to the thread itself? I like keeping up with the conversation on ZtH but I could care less about XxJohn_Doe69xX's feelings on the matter.
That's a good idea, I can highlight the pass turn button when that happens.

R4d6

Jul 17, 2018
Yeah, one of the main problem I have is that for 1, I never manage to attack first, and by the time I attack, I'm at like 2 hp. So I lose any fight I get, and no way to solve situations without fighting. Because I always fight more than one person at a time.