• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Unity Abandoned Your Choice [v1.51] [Lusi3d]

3.50 star(s) 4 Votes

Lamoucheronn

Apr 28, 2017
First day, and can't progress any further.
I clicked on the little arrow and the rooms, but the image remains stuck.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

yourchoice1

Game Developer
May 14, 2017
btw. on my first run i could see a spanish (or portuguese?) Textfile at Cousins Door.
But I couldn't redo it.
First day, and can't progress any further.
I clicked on the little arrow and the rooms, but the image remains stuck.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Im working on that, today i will release another version without those errors (i hopeXD)

Thanks for playing to my game

Reactions: Lamoucheronn
Aug 13, 2016
Didn't play the game after I encounter a few bugs to be honest. But it seems like a very promising game, the story and the art seems pretty decent. Fix the bugs and everything will be good.

Reactions: yourchoice1

Adoringfan

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2016
@yourchoice1 So far I like the models, it does seem to be a bit bright in some areas and the particle effect is not really necessary. Typical grammar errors, this can be remedied with just having someone proofread beforehand (might help if they speak your native tongue also so nothing gets lost in translation). I like your event log so you can keep track of scenes and I like that you even had things not on the event log (everyone enjoys surprises) like peeping when she is changing. Bugs are pretty bad but that is to be expected.

As for the bugs, I found clicking things a little slower worked pretty well. I had to restart maybe 5x though due to either text locking screen or a picture coming to the forefront and not leaving (talking to sis/tv). This may be part of what is causing bugs, but it seems like you are limited to 1 action per room before you have to leave the room and reenter. For instance when I play with the cat, the cat's picture comes to the forefront but stays up, so you need to click on a different room. There should be an additional click to cancel/retract the image so you can do another action. That may be where some of the bugs are coming from.

Overall I like it so far, you are making a sandbox so story isn't as important but good writing/story usually make for a better game experience. Once the bugs are gone and saving works I can see this being a pretty good game. You have everything to make this game a big success, and if you need help you can ask around don't be a stranger. For now I give you a B- as some areas can be improved and I know you will.

May 31, 2017
I dont trully understand about the mono, but i will try to download some audio editor to do that.
About the save system i dont know how will work, i need to study a bit and then implement it.
(Sorry my english) XD
In the song there is an audio effect where you hear audio beginning in the left speaker, which oscillates to the right speaker, then back to the left. Normally, this is perfectly fine because it's hardly noticable. In this particular song, it is very noticable. Making the track mono will remove the left/right oscillating effect, so that you don't have to hunt down another song to add to the game. I could go into why stereo pan/flange effects can be bad, but it's not really relevent. Music is a mood setting mechanism. Think of movies you've seen. The music doesn't really "stand out" or distract you from the movie, it's there to create more immersion into the mood of the scene.

This is directed at movies but is mostly also applicable to games, especially visual novels/RPGs

yourchoice1

Game Developer
May 14, 2017
@yourchoice1 So far I like the models, it does seem to be a bit bright in some areas and the particle effect is not really necessary. Typical grammar errors, this can be remedied with just having someone proofread beforehand (might help if they speak your native tongue also so nothing gets lost in translation). I like your event log so you can keep track of scenes and I like that you even had things not on the event log (everyone enjoys surprises) like peeping when she is changing. Bugs are pretty bad but that is to be expected.

As for the bugs, I found clicking things a little slower worked pretty well. I had to restart maybe 5x though due to either text locking screen or a picture coming to the forefront and not leaving (talking to sis/tv). This may be part of what is causing bugs, but it seems like you are limited to 1 action per room before you have to leave the room and reenter. For instance when I play with the cat, the cat's picture comes to the forefront but stays up, so you need to click on a different room. There should be an additional click to cancel/retract the image so you can do another action. That may be where some of the bugs are coming from.

Overall I like it so far, you are making a sandbox so story isn't as important but good writing/story usually make for a better game experience. Once the bugs are gone and saving works I can see this being a pretty good game. You have everything to make this game a big success, and if you need help you can ask around don't be a stranger. For now I give you a B- as some areas can be improved and I know you will.
Thanks dude, I'm very excited about your comment XD, people like you keep the morale of the developers to keep working. In one hour I will upload a new version.

Version 1.1
-Bugs caused by the dialog text solved (I think so, at least to me all is working perfectly XD)
-Added a button to desactivate the "dirt" effect
-Added more resolutions.

PD: Sorry my english, im learning english to solve this little problem XD

Reactions: Mikedazz1

yourchoice1

Game Developer
May 14, 2017
In the song there is an audio effect where you hear audio beginning in the left speaker, which oscillates to the right speaker, then back to the left. Normally, this is perfectly fine because it's hardly noticable. In this particular song, it is very noticable. Making the track mono will remove the left/right oscillating effect, so that you don't have to hunt down another song to add to the game. I could go into why stereo pan/flange effects can be bad, but it's not really relevent. Music is a mood setting mechanism. Think of movies you've seen. The music doesn't really "stand out" or distract you from the movie, it's there to create more immersion into the mood of the scene.

This is directed at movies but is mostly also applicable to games, especially visual novels/RPGs
Oh, very good explanation dude. I understand, so to the next version i will fix that, thanks a lot for your explanation!

May 31, 2017
Oh, very good explanation dude. I understand, so to the next version i will fix that, thanks a lot for your explanation!
no problem. :)

Here is a free, open source sound editor that I like. If it doesn't support the format you need, you might be able to find a plugin for it. When i used it last, it didn't natively support mp3, but there was a plugin I was able to use.

Alexander Krisnov

The Dead Commisar
Uploader
Sep 14, 2016
no problem. :)

Here is a free, open source sound editor that I like. If it doesn't support the format you need, you might be able to find a plugin for it. When i used it last, it didn't natively support mp3, but there was a plugin I was able to use.
first hand expirence i can tell audacity is a great application ..... it is almost premium like if u know how to use all of its functionally plus it supports plugins

jason95821

Feb 10, 2017
i clicked that dusty option in the esc menu
and travel menu all icons on top vanished leaving me stuck in the bedroom

might i recomend touch travel as a back up.click part of a map and it takes you to another room
also adding a journal witch would show a basic options like money realtionship points
it would act as a back up temp while you figure it out ^_-

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
Version 1.1
-Bugs caused by the dialog text solved (I think so, at least to me all is working perfectly XD)
-Added more compatible resolutions. (@bobdillan @wep <3 )

nice it works ^_^ I LIKE WHAT YOU GOT!!!! GOOD JOB!!! still a little buggy (froze at the image for when talking to cousin in the lounge) besides that i like where this is going. maybe you could add in a sister character or something? or another cousin. (maybe young like 20 18 or 21 obviously depending on the laws that you follow)

Last edited:

wep

Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 16, 2016
Version 1.1
-Added more compatible resolutions. (@bobdillan @wep <3 )

It works on the 21:9 monitors now. Nice job.

yourchoice1

Game Developer
May 14, 2017
nice it works ^_^ I LIKE WHAT YOU GOT!!!! GOOD JOB!!! still a little buggy (froze at the image for when talking to cousin in the lounge) besides that i like where this is going. maybe you could add in a sister character or something? or another cousin. (maybe young like 20 18 or 21 obviously depending on the laws that you follow)
Can you explain a bit more de bug please? Thanks a lot!

Im planning to add the redhear character like her friend who she will live in the cousin house for work reasons ^^ . Maybe when the main plot will be developed i can add a little cousin so the game will be there 3 characters,

Sorry my english <3

The Grifter

May 28, 2017
First of all, nice artwork! Julie and her friend are, in my opinion, very well designed, without the tendency to go overboard with anatomy like some other projects do... I also like the sarcastic style of the Narrator very much, does a good job at lightening up the mood!
OK, one bug I encountered: at one point talking to her in the living room jumped back to the choice of talking/leaving her alone. Next day no problems.
Now, if you allow, a small suggestion. Please consider adding the option to save or autosave at the end of a day as earliest as possible - I am aware that your game is in its early stages, but having it crash on me when all I need is completing the final step of 'Enter her room at night' with no choice right now than to grind all of it again... nah.

Last edited:

Ozygator

Donor
Oct 15, 2016
I'll give the OP description update a try, English is my first language so let's hope I don't embarrass myself.. ;)

Original:
"Your Choice", is based on the story of a boy who after the death of his parents (often cliché!) is alone and begins to question his life. After this his cousin decides to invite to his house the time that he wants to be able to move away from the day to day that made him remember the death of his parents. I have sought to focus on it as a "sandbox" for the player to decide to do and will be limited by his relationship with his cousin (and his cat XD).

Potential Update:
"Your Choice" is a sandbox game based on the experiences of a boy, after the tragic deaths of his parents. Suddenly alone, he is not sure what to do with his life, but his cousin senses his turmoil and invites him to live with her (and her cat XD.) He gratefully accepts her offer as it will allow him to move away from his parents home, once a place of happiness, but now only brings sadness.

You, as the player, control the destiny of the boy and his cousin, where their actions are only limited by the relationship they have built thus far.

Burt

Ignoring Social Media
Dec 14, 2016
Liked what I saw pity it crashed (froze) a lot I would be much appreciative if you would incorporate a skip or back tool button to escape code omissions
For example (I know this is a very early version) when I have entered my cousins room and been naughty with her if I re-enter the room it freezes with no means to get out of the freeze without cancelling the game
So without a error trap the code cant report {log) thus leaving us with a crash and no option to continue

yourchoice1

Game Developer
May 14, 2017
I'll give the OP description update a try, English is my first language so let's hope I don't embarrass myself.. ;)

Original:
"Your Choice", is based on the story of a boy who after the death of his parents (often cliché!) is alone and begins to question his life. After this his cousin decides to invite to his house the time that he wants to be able to move away from the day to day that made him remember the death of his parents. I have sought to focus on it as a "sandbox" for the player to decide to do and will be limited by his relationship with his cousin (and his cat XD).

Potential Update:
"Your Choice" is a sandbox game based on the experiences of a boy, after the tragic deaths of his parents. Suddenly alone, he is not sure what to do with his life, but his cousin senses his turmoil and invites him to live with her (and her cat XD.) He gratefully accepts her offer as it will allow him to move away from his parents home, once a place of happiness, but now only brings sadness.

You, as the player, control the destiny of the boy and his cousin, where their actions are only limited by the relationship they have built thus far.
i like it , thanks a lot!!!!

First of all, nice artwork! Julie and her friend are, in my opinion, very well designed, without the tendency to go overboard with anatomy like some other projects do... I also like the sarcastic style of the Narrator very much, does a good job at lightening up the mood!
OK, one bug I encountered: at one point talking to her in the living room jumped back to the choice of talking/leaving her alone. Next day no problems.
Now, if you allow, a small suggestion. Please consider adding the option to save or autosave at the end of a day as earliest as possible - I am aware that your game is in its early stages, but having it crash on me when all I need is completing the final step of 'Enter her room at night' with no choice right now than to grind all of it again... nah.
Thanks a lot for your comment, im glad you had enjoyed the game and so sorry for the bugs. I hope i can fix it all of them bit a bit.

about the save system im reading a lot of documentation to do a good system for the next release ^^

3.50 star(s) 4 Votes