Seeking Your character suffers leveling down, TFs into something lewd/lesser, and stays that way

Dec 1, 2018
Ah, I remember seeing the news of that. Was really sad, but it's cool to see it was successfully picked up and completed. Hope the original dev would be proud of how the game came out.
Also, I might be remembering it wrong, but wasn't it a sibling that took over?
It was his fiancee.

heres the obituary post translated for those without a translator.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

druski789

Jun 13, 2023
I just heard about this game, appearently it's quite good. heard it from someone on the moncurse discord so it's likely quite good.

druski789

Jun 13, 2023
Ah, I remember seeing the news of that. Was really sad, but it's cool to see it was successfully picked up and completed. Hope the original dev would be proud of how the game came out.
Also, I might be remembering it wrong, but wasn't it a sibling that took over?
wait the game is actually out now? yay!

druski789

Jun 13, 2023
LET'S FUCKING GO!
So happy to see that this game will come out. Hope that someone will try that translate this game.

Also the DLC for Odyssey of Gianna is coming soon, which I'm also excited for.
yeah i hope the DLC is also available on steam since i got the game that way. but either way the dlc is gonna be good..

druski789

Jun 13, 2023
yeah, i liked this game and 3072 AD. well here's hoping the game gets even better the more it gets developed! in the discord it's showing some of the next dungeon and how it's being developed and stuff so it shouldn't be too long before we get to the next TF!
at the very least not long relatively speaking to how long people have had to wait for many many other games...

SoulShocker

Jun 4, 2018
Sadly, there aren't that much activity in this topic either.
I hope we can see more good games in this category.

My fav is still Iruru.

Dusk4590

Aug 1, 2023
So I just wanted to put this out there since its been on my mind a little bit, but I was wondering how many of you are interested in games like Skycorp? Idk if this is just a pointless echo chamber to put it here of all places, but to get to the point, I am very much a writer. I haven't really considered trying to write anything erotic yet, but much the same attitude I adopted towards non-erotic stories, if nobody else is going to make what I want then I figure why not try to make something myself. The reason I bring up Skycorp is because regardless of the dev's... shall we say behavior? and monetization scheme, I still think its probably one of the best entries for this kind of thing. Its got some very lewd & lesser transformations, as well as things like cursed jewelry, accessories and the like.

Anyways I just wanted to put this out here and try to gauge interest from some fellow enthusiasts. I would probably still try my hand at it regardless, but I was just curious. Either way it would probably take a while before I have anything substantial to put out there as I do have a lot of stuff going on at the moment.

Oh and lastly I wanted to ask 2 questions of preferences here, firstly between things like twine, html, etc. what is generally most people's preferred option/experience? I don't think Ren'Py fits for something that would be likely lacking any images at all, so I was looking more towards those options.
Secondly I wanted to ask whether most people actually enjoy the addition of a proper battle system in these kinds of games or if they are mainly perceived as just a nuisance/waste of time. I am of course referring to the kinds of turn based battle systems you see in most html/vn games out there that have one, as opposed to something unique like Moncurse has.

Anyways thanks for indulging my questions, and sorry for any inconvenience :)

Misne

Aug 5, 2017
So I just wanted to put this out there since its been on my mind a little bit, but I was wondering how many of you are interested in games like Skycorp? Idk if this is just a pointless echo chamber to put it here of all places, but to get to the point, I am very much a writer. I haven't really considered trying to write anything erotic yet, but much the same attitude I adopted towards non-erotic stories, if nobody else is going to make what I want then I figure why not try to make something myself. The reason I bring up Skycorp is because regardless of the dev's... shall we say behavior? and monetization scheme, I still think its probably one of the best entries for this kind of thing. Its got some very lewd & lesser transformations, as well as things like cursed jewelry, accessories and the like.

Anyways I just wanted to put this out here and try to gauge interest from some fellow enthusiasts. I would probably still try my hand at it regardless, but I was just curious. Either way it would probably take a while before I have anything substantial to put out there as I do have a lot of stuff going on at the moment.

Oh and lastly I wanted to ask 2 questions of preferences here, firstly between things like twine, html, etc. what is generally most people's preferred option/experience? I don't think Ren'Py fits for something that would be likely lacking any images at all, so I was looking more towards those options.
Secondly I wanted to ask whether most people actually enjoy the addition of a proper battle system in these kinds of games or if they are mainly perceived as just a nuisance/waste of time. I am of course referring to the kinds of turn based battle systems you see in most html/vn games out there that have one, as opposed to something unique like Moncurse has.

Never heard of skycorp, can't seem to find it either. Also I perfer rpg maker games as I am a rpg maker fiend. I also enjoy grinding and battles because that way you can lose that strength in various ways.

redghost14

Jul 19, 2017

Never heard of "Skycorp" before and from the quick search I did, the art seems a little "suspect" in terms of quality (for me at least).

First Answer: RPG Maker is hands down my preferred experience since they seem to allow you to roam around with your tfs/debuffs and they run better on lesser systems overall. Second choice would be unity for a lot of the same reasons although they generally have better pure gameplay.

Second Answer: I think the best implementation concept of battle are what most Ahriman games use, where the enemies restrain you in combat in various ways but you can still WIN the combat while bound. Many games tend to butcher that part because they make getting content=bad end/lose/game over. Or games will stun lock you into oblivion and spend 7 years showing random numbers increasing and a shaking standing picture. I want to be able to beat/finish a game with as many possible afflictions on the character as possible. "Celesphonia" did a good job of that and so did "Brave Iruru". The recent "Hachina" game was pretty good with that too.

Reactions: qw1rty and Misne

Dusk4590

Aug 1, 2023
Never heard of skycorp, can't seem to find it either. Also I perfer rpg maker games as I am a rpg maker fiend. I also enjoy grinding and battles because that way you can lose that strength in various ways.
Never heard of "Skycorp" before and from the quick search I did, the art seems a little "suspect" in terms of quality (for me at least).

First Answer: RPG Maker is hands down my preferred experience since they seem to allow you to roam around with your tfs/debuffs and they run better on lesser systems overall. Second choice would be unity for a lot of the same reasons although they generally have better pure gameplay.

Second Answer: I think the best implementation concept of battle are what most Ahriman games use, where the enemies restrain you in combat in various ways but you can still WIN the combat while bound. Many games tend to butcher that part because they make getting content=bad end/lose/game over. Or games will stun lock you into oblivion and spend 7 years showing random numbers increasing and a shaking standing picture. I want to be able to beat/finish a game with as many possible afflictions on the character as possible. "Celesphonia" did a good job of that and so did "Brave Iruru". The recent "Hachina" game was pretty good with that too.
So to help clarify, Skycorp refers to "Skycorp: The Underworld"
Skycorp does not actually have any art, it is entirely text based. I'm certainly no artist, and it would likely be a solo project. I could try my hand at AI, but I feel like it would take way more time and effort for minimal results than if I just stuck to a solely text based game.

While I personally dislike RPGM games, I can see why others might enjoy it. Just purely usually not my thing. I have enjoyed some of them though, like Agent Sirius and Iruru. Hachina and Mission Mermaiden games are also pretty enjoyable, but I don't enjoy half-assing things, and if I, with no experience even writing erotica in the first place try to on top of that create a unity game, presumably using public assets, it would likely not turn out well.

So to sum it up, I want to create a text-based novel game. If you want an idea of gameplay, take a gander at the likes of Trials in Tainted Space or Corruption of Champions. I referenced Skycorp at the beginning mainly because of its themes and style of writing. Hopefully this gives people a better idea of what I'm envisioning to create.

Reactions: qw1rty