Tads Completed XXX-Men, Ch. 2 -- Fast Times at the Xavier Institute [v1.0.0] [Alec Roberts]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

alecroberts

Jul 8, 2022
Really happy to see some people here enjoying the game! :D

And, yeah, TADS is pretty damn old-school, but from what I know, there's really nothing newer/better for making this type of game. Isn't there something nice about using your imagination instead of being pigeonholed by someone else's art that may or may not be quite to your taste? (I know I'm in the extreme minority here, but it's nice to see that at least I'm not the very last person around who likes erotic text adventures, lol. :D)

Laxard

Sep 5, 2018

And, yeah, TADS is pretty damn old-school, but from what I know, there's really nothing newer/better for making this type of game. Isn't there something nice about using your imagination instead of being pigeonholed by someone else's art that may or may not be quite to your taste? (I know I'm in the extreme minority here, but it's nice to see that at least I'm not the very last person around who likes erotic text adventures, lol. :D)
Isn't Twine is basically what is used for this nowadays?
Also, in my opinion QSP is a much better system.

alecroberts

Jul 8, 2022
Isn't Twine is basically what is used for this nowadays?
Also, in my opinion QSP is a much better system.
Yeah, I think Twine is the main platform for text-based games these days. It's not the same kind of game as old-school "Interactive Fiction," though (picking from a series of lists of options vs. freely exploring and interacting with the game world via a command parser). I've played some Twine games that are very fun, but the player experience is not all that similar to the likes of TADS.

I've never played a QSP game before, but from what I can see it's along the same lines as Twine.

• Angry
Reactions: NinjaNamedBob

zoislk

Dec 9, 2019
A new TADS game? Makes me miss the old Goblin Boy games (if I remember the Dev's name correctly)...

Doctor Shark

Nov 7, 2019
What was the deal with the grappling hook and the notes signed
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
? I feel like I should recognize those initials but I'm drawing a total blank.

moose_puck

Sep 6, 2021

Can you make a reboot of "Liesure Suit Larry"? :cool:

DraKeoniS

May 11, 2020
TADS? You get my full attention now, i kinda find sad how peoples started using html or Twine for their text based stories, TADS (even Adrift) had a lot of good mechanics that could make a game way more interactive then just click your choice.

Reactions: Xandarian

Aetrun

Oct 30, 2017
As someone who really got into adult games through adrift and tads, this was quite enjoyable and I look forward to more.

DoubleProlix

Game Developer
Oct 20, 2017
TADS - now that's a name I haven't heard in a long time. I got started back in the AIF days, finding games on usenet and making my own, some of which I actually shared with others under pen names I've probably forgotten. I remember there being a few different TADS code sex libraries floating around, and even made one myself, though I never shared it and it's now lost to the harddrives of history.

I'm almost tempted to make a TADS game myself - I do like the world simulation stuff you could pull off with parser-based interactive fiction - but honestly I've got a big VN project to work on, and it wouldn't really find the audience needed to justify teaching myself everything all over again.

alecroberts

Jul 8, 2022
Will Chapter 2 be added to the chapter 1 executable, or will it be a separate executable? (I suspect the former.)
It'll be separate executable. Ch. 2 takes place some time after Ch. 1 and in a whole different place (namely, the Xavier Institute).

Chapter 2 when?
Ah, a tougher question. Current progress is slow but steady. At this rate it couldn't possibly be sooner than New Year's. :cautious: (And to think that I've already plotted several chapters after that even.... Oh, boy. Definitely don't be getting your hopes up for those ever materializing! :KEK:)

alecroberts

Jul 8, 2022
Hello to whoever out there is watching this thread!

It's been a while, but I've finally finished my XXX-Men, Ch. 2 -- Fast Times at the Xavier Institute. It's about double the size of the first chapter but a lot less linear, and it also contains a bunch of fun text-based minigames. Overall, I'm really happy with how it came out. Before I release the game fully, I'd like to have a few people playtest it to help me root out bugs (and give their other feedback, of course).

cover.png

If you're interested, please let me know and I'll send you the game. Even if you can only provide a little bit of time and feedback, it will be very, very appreciated! Big thanks in advance!!!

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes