DuckyBoy420

Aug 28, 2022
just like the slimes when they grow in her belly there's different phases when it grows and all affects her speed and stamina but, I'm just suggesting i know the pros and cons, but overall is the devs decision not my.
there are plans for monster pregnancy to expand in the future, instead of being restricted to just slimes, and considering the dev's current plan to leave grid based movement, speed depuffs are entirely possible in the future.
Additionally, since I haven't seen anyone else mention it, there is going to be one more update in RPG Maker and then the game will be ported to unity, frame rate drops in RPGM are getting too bad for the dev to be content.

rapiersreipar

May 27, 2018
tried using a save editor to change all the exp to 90 and it doesn't work anymore. anyone know what happened? the saves are showing up but not letting me open them.

mofu2x

Oct 10, 2020
Saw the dev has been having framerate problems. I hope he's not going through with the port to Unity since the actual problem is almost certainly how his AI works. AI is expensive in general and vision checks are particularly expensive. The standard way of solving this is to just run the expensive logic less because you don't really need to run it every frame.

Standard tricks:
  • Don't spawn all enemies on the map at once. Wait until the player gets close. (This gets tricky with patrolling enemies, but there are stationary ones that can benefit from this).
  • Disable/simplify logic of far-away AI.
  • Don't run expensive logic like pathfinding and vision checks every frame. Instead randomly run them every 0.1 to 0.3 seconds. (It needs to be random per AI to space the cost out evenly.)
  • Compare distance to the player squared against sight range squared because finding the exact distance requires a square root and that's expensive.

Diamona

Jul 18, 2019
mofu2x Is the dev working completely solo, or do they have a community that develop games to ask for help on matters? I mean, couldn't you message that directly to the developer in their discord or something?

Cerneu

Nov 9, 2017
Saw the dev has been having framerate problems. I hope he's not going through with the port to Unity since the actual problem is almost certainly how his AI works. AI is expensive in general and vision checks are particularly expensive. The standard way of solving this is to just run the expensive logic less because you don't really need to run it every frame.

Standard tricks:
  • Don't spawn all enemies on the map at once. Wait until the player gets close. (This gets tricky with patrolling enemies, but there are stationary ones that can benefit from this).
  • Disable/simplify logic of far-away AI.
  • Don't run expensive logic like pathfinding and vision checks every frame. Instead randomly run them every 0.1 to 0.3 seconds. (It needs to be random per AI to space the cost out evenly.)
  • Compare distance to the player squared against sight range squared because finding the exact distance requires a square root and that's expensive.
Dev's not gonna read it here. You'll have to contact him directly on Patreon or Discord.

denisfimanov2

May 1, 2021
mofu2x Is the dev working completely solo, or do they have a community that develop games to ask for help on matters? I mean, couldn't you message that directly to the developer in their discord or something?
He has a friend who helps him, but only not in programming. Dev is doing code and his friend make h arts

ohsnapdragon

Feb 23, 2020

Diamona

Jul 18, 2019
Why don't we brainstorm ideas about how the AI could be fixed? It might be fun thinking about it.
I think there are issues with simply spawning them according just distance, since stealth games typically have guard in cycles that you need to dodge in between them. Having them simply spawn according to distance would lead to desynchronization of guard patrolling pattern timings.

I'm going to check out the game more to get a better idea of what's going on. I can only spitball general ideas about logic without having played it.

Reactions: MadKitten

kai123555

Oct 14, 2019
Why don't we brainstorm ideas about how the AI could be fixed? It might be fun thinking about it.
I think there are issues with simply spawning them according just distance, since stealth games typically have guard in cycles that you need to dodge in between them. Having them simply spawn according to distance would lead to desynchronization of guard patrolling pattern timings.

I'm going to check out the game more to get a better idea of what's going on. I can only spitball general ideas about logic without having played it.
no point since the game is going to be made in a different engine.

Reactions: Bulbanych

MadKitten

Mar 12, 2023

The guard cycles are indeed easy at start, but look into that captain assassination side quest from that redhead captain questline(Reynald i think his name is) that was added recently. There you have really tight guard cycles and spotlight system, which kinda proves that creator does invest his time into game mechanic creation. I think once u progress at end of his current content he gives you that quest, and you can go to forest area east from starting point and cave.

4.50 star(s) 11 Votes