VN Ren'Py Abandoned Wifey's Dilemma [v0.13] [3Diddly]

2.30 star(s) 3 Votes
May 19, 2017
Hey Dejected Wifey Fans,

I'm trying to teach myself DAZ and Renpy, and I figured a good project would be a continuation of Wifey's Dilemma. Please don't get too excited--I still have no idea what I'm doing, and this might not go anywhere.

Anyway, regarding DAZ, I have the body model but I'm missing the hair, and she doesn't quite look the same without it. Does anyone know which hair asset is used? Thanks!
dont-give-me-hope-meme-3-768x409.jpg

ZagorTeNay

Jun 28, 2018
Hey Dejected Wifey Fans,

I'm trying to teach myself DAZ and Renpy, and I figured a good project would be a continuation of Wifey's Dilemma. Please don't get too excited--I still have no idea what I'm doing, and this might not go anywhere.

Anyway, regarding DAZ, I have the body model but I'm missing the hair, and she doesn't quite look the same without it. Does anyone know which hair asset is used? Thanks!
Well copyright issues aside, why not just make a different game with the same model/theme? It started good, but story kind of became silly ( company with secretaries used as sex slaves...I mean, common', Weinstein wouldn't buy into it). More "classic" relationship development( a-la-Ptolemy) would've worked better. ( with same routes: love, lust, dreaded NTR)

Gold613

Sep 21, 2016
Hey Dejected Wifey Fans,

I second what post above me said, I also suggest instead of continue with it to remake it, as in start over and change some minor stuff and work it out from there. Why do I say start over and redo some stuff is pretty simple, for continuity reasons.
No one knows what how or to what end the story was going so for you to actually continue this and with your own story and ending you might want to check and look at the story and make it in your vision as to have immersion and continuity not be broken. And make sure to put it under your own name after and not put it on this thread but have one of your own once you get to that point. Good luck and hope to see your work soon if you manage to get to that point.

Sukebe_S

World's Slowest Amateur Game Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Mar 27, 2019
Great advice guys! I really liked the original premise: hot asian chick needs a "husband" for immigration and so she moves in. I'm keeping that.

I also really liked the model used ("Ichigo" I think). 3Diddly did a great job of capturing innocence and blossoming sexuality at the same time. His version of her looks way better than she does when appearing in other games (The Engagement, and Long Live the Princess, for example). I'm having a hard time replicating that in DAZ (the damn haircut is tough to find). Maybe I should start over with a completely new asian model. (I gotta thing for asian women, haha.)

I agree that the corporate sex slave plot was a bit far-fetched and corny, so I might move away from that, or at least add some stuff so that it doesn't seem so cliched. I really like what SAZ has done with his Tyrant mod, creating different kinds of NTR. I'd like to do something similar to Wifey. Currently, I'm rewriting Wifey's three "personality" choices to be more sexuality-based, i.e. instead of "artistic" or "athletic," I plan on "innocent angel," "open-minded learner," and "exhibitionist tease."

Anyway, assuming I ever finish it, it'd be way different from 3Diddly's creation. I'm basically just using what he's created as a framework and starting off point while I learn. Hysteria surrounding coronavirus has cleared my schedule for the next month or so, so I want to see how much I can accomplish.

I don't plan on monetizing it. Perhaps if I enjoy the experience, I'll start making something wholly original. I'd monetize that.

Gold613

Sep 21, 2016
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

All good, and I like the tyrant too but thing problem I personally have with the Tyrant is after a bit it got slow on going forward because it being all over the place and being a mess in general, not a bad game but it is in my opinion a cluster fuck right now that if i want to play it i have to wait 2 or 3 updates to get something significant out of it.
I personally am one of those people who does not have anything about NTR, I don't mind it being there and I don't mind it not being there however what I hate about NTR is a few things so as an personal opinion on it ( up to you if you want to take this advice or not no pressure, you do you because after all doing it free putting pressure and stuff before you even started is already not a good sign so take it with a grain of salt ). The NTR please don't put it in just for the sake of being in there, second don't make it break character and last don't make it an uneven experience, what i mean with uneven is simple, don't make the MC jump through hoops and acrobatics to just get a kiss and 3 updates later a boob touch but have the NTR dude be all up in her chest cavity within half a second and almost no effort, this is annoying as shit in most ntr games. make it fair make it where choices are of equal level, make it be that you being an asshole actually pushes her that way etc. First game so try it do what you can want and enjoy it, make the game you want to make, I merely suggested something here I will give your game a go non the less when you get that far, good luck with it.

Deleted member 609064

May 11, 2018
Well copyright issues aside
:LUL:

why not just make a different game with the same model/theme? It started good, but story kind of became silly ( company with secretaries used as sex slaves...I mean, common', Weinstein wouldn't buy into it). More "classic" relationship development( a-la-Ptolemy) would've worked better. ( with same routes: love, lust, dreaded NTR)
The original premise was great. That is why so many people liked this game.

Classic vanilla relationship stuff is ZZZZzzzzz.

Last edited:

Gold613

Sep 21, 2016
Lol I kinda figured this was coming, he never seems to have the staying power to finish what he starts in anything, his sex life must be a train wreck, wham bam ty mam 10 seconds flat, I imagine his self build house looks something like this --> View attachment 408511

.....You sure are giving him a lot of credit, I doubt he would even say thank you after a wam and a bam, also I doubt his house would be THAT finished, I mean come on. giving em waaay too much credit here.

• Haha
Reactions: brittC25

Sukebe_S

Donor
Game Developer
Mar 27, 2019
Here's a little update on my little project:
  • With some significant help, I've found all the assets needed to recreate Wifey from the way she was. This was tough, but I couldn't create anyone else that captured the same sort of hypnotic essence. I'm really thankful for Papa Ernie.
  • I still don't know how to use DAZ very well, but I'm getting better. Also, I don't have a super fast processor, so rendering huge complicated images takes a long time. So I'm going to try and stick with 3Diddly's stripped-down approach of blurred backgrounds and sharper superimposed character images. Next on my DAZ to-do list is figuring out how to make animations...
  • I've started restructuring and rewriting the game. I've never done any programming before, but Ren'Py gets easier once you get the hang of it. In all likelihood, my version of this game won't be very complicated. It'll be more like a choose your own adventure with (what will likely be) 12 different endings depending on choices you make.
  • Within the next few weeks, I hope to have a working version of the first couple days for you guys to look at.
For now, here's some sample artwork:
Wifey trio.png

JagOvv

Oct 17, 2017
  • With some significant help, I've found all the assets needed to recreate Wifey from the way she was. This was tough, but I couldn't create anyone else that captured the same sort of hypnotic essence. I'm really thankful for Papa Ernie.
  • I still don't know how to use DAZ very well, but I'm getting better. Also, I don't have a super fast processor, so rendering huge complicated images takes a long time. So I'm going to try and stick with 3Diddly's stripped-down approach of blurred backgrounds and sharper superimposed character images. Next on my DAZ to-do list is figuring out how to make animations...
  • I've started restructuring and rewriting the game. I've never done any programming before, but Ren'Py gets easier once you get the hang of it. In all likelihood, my version of this game won't be very complicated. It'll be more like a choose your own adventure with (what will likely be) 12 different endings depending on choices you make.
  • Within the next few weeks, I hope to have a working version of the first couple days for you guys to look at.
View attachment 576711
Good luck dude!

Reactions: Sukebe_S

ZagorTeNay

Jun 28, 2018
:LUL:

The original premise was great. That is why so many people liked this game.

Classic vanilla relationship stuff is ZZZZzzzzz.
If you want to have your audience invested into characters, scenes, how they act ( even in "paranormal" situations) have to feel believable. Rushing through story with nonsensical plot twists (so it's not "zzz") is plain incompetent, lazy writing.
And 90% of VNs like that here, usually end up abandoned anyway ( when number of Patrons doesn't ramp up).
View attachment 576711
That looks identical. Sure that's not you, diddly? :p

• Haha

Gold613

Sep 21, 2016
View attachment 576711

Looks very promising, I would say you are right on the mark in term of backgrounds, so long as the background is alright and matches with the characters a bit it wont be very noticeable, the important part is having a solid story going. Story is key, if you can invest and have more focus on the characters then no one will be bothered by stuff in the background. As for your first game or attempt, see it this way, you are one making a name and learning the ropes with all the stuff. Since you are doing for free am pretty sure there are plenty of people here on F95 who are willing to help you out with advice or proof reading and etc. If you ever want to make a game after this or later for donations and such I would say go right ahead, However Keep this in mind. Moment you ACTUALLY start the game, instead of posting updates here make sure to have one for yourself with your own name and your own thread so that you don't get put together with 3Skediddly.

Sukebe_S

Donor
Game Developer
Mar 27, 2019
Looks very promising, I would say you are right on the mark in term of backgrounds, so long as the background is alright and matches with the characters a bit it wont be very noticeable, the important part is having a solid story going. Story is key, if you can invest and have more focus on the characters then no one will be bothered by stuff in the background. As for your first game or attempt, see it this way, you are one making a name and learning the ropes with all the stuff. Since you are doing for free am pretty sure there are plenty of people here on F95 who are willing to help you out with advice or proof reading and etc. If you ever want to make a game after this or later for donations and such I would say go right ahead, However Keep this in mind. Moment you ACTUALLY start the game, instead of posting updates here make sure to have one for yourself with your own name and your own thread so that you don't get put together with 3Skediddly.
Great advice! I definitely plan on focusing on story, and I hope this attempt will have multiple compelling strands. My version is going in many different directions, and I doubt 3Diddly had any of them in mind.

One thing, and this might be unpopular, is that I have a lot of respect for 3Diddly. Sure, he abandoned his project and maybe bilked some of his subscribers. BUT this shit is time-consuming. (I now understand why it takes some great creators months to churn out releases.) I kind of feel like 3Diddly had a general idea of where he wanted to take the story, and he had some interesting gameplay mechanics set up, but he didn't really know how to land the bitch, and the task possibly became too monumental to handle. And real life has a way of taking over...

I give him a lot of credit for creating a great premise and finding a very compelling model. There's a reason why people are still bugged by the abandonment of Wifey's D. It was an awesome setup.

Anyway, I have a question. When you say "Moment you ACTUALLY start the game, instead of posting updates here make sure to have one for yourself with your own name and your own thread so that you don't get put together with 3Skediddly," do you mean that, once my first phase is available for release, I should create my own thread for it on F95? I don't mind doing that.

Gold613

Sep 21, 2016
Great advice! I definitely plan on focusing on story, and I hope this attempt will have multiple compelling strands. My version is going in many different directions, and I doubt 3Diddly had any of them in mind.

One thing, and this might be unpopular, is that I have a lot of respect for 3Diddly. Sure, he abandoned his project and maybe bilked some of his subscribers. BUT this shit is time-consuming. (I now understand why it takes some great creators months to churn out releases.) I kind of feel like 3Diddly had a general idea of where he wanted to take the story, and he had some interesting gameplay mechanics set up, but he didn't really know how to land the bitch, and the task possibly became too monumental to handle. And real life has a way of taking over...

I give him a lot of credit for creating a great premise and finding a very compelling model. There's a reason why people are still bugged by the abandonment of Wifey's D. It was an awesome setup.

Anyway, I have a question. When you say "Moment you ACTUALLY start the game, instead of posting updates here make sure to have one for yourself with your own name and your own thread so that you don't get put together with 3Skediddly," do you mean that, once my first phase is available for release, I should create my own thread for it on F95? I don't mind doing that.
I understand your respect. Don't get me wrong I had or used to have a major respect for him back when he only did comics.However after rushing the Comic and abandoning the all projects no closure nada, I lost every single ounce of respect I had for him.It's fine if you respect him and all that I mean you have to do you, just because a lot of people are pissed off at someone does not mean you have to, if you have no reason to or have in any way shape or form feel someone did you no wrong then there is no point in being mad at someone just like everyone else. What other's feel is personal to them. So all good and well if you respect em, no harm done. It's the Harm HE has done to the most of his community that put a bad taste in most of us our mouths hence why I say while you respect em make sure you do things under your own name, it will work out much better for you. If you want to pay respect to em then by all means feel free to put in the game or anywhere else "inspired by 3Diddly" or whatever. Again no harm or shame on who inspired you to do what.

And as for your question about creating your own thread, yes that is exactly what I meant by that. Because if you update it here you will be technically wiping out 3Diddly's game or it will become the thread of the both of you and can confuse people.
You will get some people who might think you are 3Diddly or friends or whatever and most people will steer away just because of that. Now if you start your own thread with " Sukebe_Sensei's Wifey's Dilemma " or change the name a bit to something like "A Wife's Dilemma [your name]" This will give you your own thread, and your own following and less confusion. So yes while you may have some renders and what not before you release the game and such I would say at one point, indeed your own Thread would be better. But like I said it is merely a suggestion it is up to you what you think is best.

ancienregimele

Sep 27, 2017
I understand your respect. Don't get me wrong I had or used to have a major respect for him back when he only did comics.However after rushing the Comic and abandoning the all projects no closure nada, I lost every single ounce of respect I had for him.It's fine if you respect him and all that I mean you have to do you, just because a lot of people are pissed off at someone does not mean you have to, if you have no reason to or have in any way shape or form feel someone did you no wrong then there is no point in being mad at someone just like everyone else. What other's feel is personal to them. So all good and well if you respect em, no harm done. It's the Harm HE has done to the most of his community that put a bad taste in most of us our mouths hence why I say while you respect em make sure you do things under your own name, it will work out much better for you. If you want to pay respect to em then by all means feel free to put in the game or anywhere else "inspired by 3Diddly" or whatever. Again no harm or shame on who inspired you to do what.

And as for your question about creating your own thread, yes that is exactly what I meant by that. Because if you update it here you will be technically wiping out 3Diddly's game or it will become the thread of the both of you and can confuse people.
You will get some people who might think you are 3Diddly or friends or whatever and most people will steer away just because of that. Now if you start your own thread with " Sukebe_Sensei's Wifey's Dilemma " or change the name a bit to something like "A Wife's Dilemma [your name]" This will give you your own thread, and your own following and less confusion. So yes while you may have some renders and what not before you release the game and such I would say at one point, indeed your own Thread would be better. But like I said it is merely a suggestion it is up to you what you think is best.
I recommend dropping the word "wifey", with its ambiguity. She's either a wife, a common-law wife, partner, or nothing more than a friend. Goldgear613's styling of "A Wife's Dilemma" is the way to go IMHO. It has enough connection with the old game to grab fan's interest but it is clear in & of itself. Just for info., where I grew up the word "wifey" in the local dialect, was slightly derogatory, conjuring up the image of a mature married lady who had stopped looking attractive & didn't give a......

Sukebe_S

Donor
Game Developer
Mar 27, 2019
I recommend dropping the word "wifey", with its ambiguity. She's either a wife, a common-law wife, partner, or nothing more than a friend. Goldgear613's styling of "A Wife's Dilemma" is the way to go IMHO. It has enough connection with the old game to grab fan's interest but it is clear in & of itself. Just for info., where I grew up the word "wifey" in the local dialect, was slightly derogatory, conjuring up the image of a mature married lady who had stopped looking attractive & didn't give a......
I haven't checked out "A Wife's Dilemma!" I'll put that on my todo list.

I also get what you're saying about the word "wifey." I'm trying to think of a new title that says what the game is about while still connecting to the original game.

Anyway, I spent all day figuring out how to do animations in DAZ and then how to show them in Renpy. Things are coming along! I still hope to have a "day one" playable concept finished in the next week or so.
sample1.png

Gold613

Sep 21, 2016
I haven't checked out "A Wife's Dilemma!" I'll put that on my todo list.

I also get what you're saying about the word "wifey." I'm trying to think of a new title that says what the game is about while still connecting to the original game.

Anyway, I spent all day figuring out how to do animations in DAZ and then how to show them in Renpy. Things are coming along! I still hope to have a "day one" playable concept finished in the next week or so.
so far that i know off there is no game called " A Wife's Dilemma " when I was talking about title he agreed with one of the ones I suggested which is [A Wife's Dilemma] while it is pretty much similar in name it is enough to differentiate. So what it comes down to was purely calling your game that, but again it was just a suggestion, it is up to you if you want that name or if you want to choose something else. I merely came with that in terms of because you wanted to continue this game but in your own image and creativity. I am fully behind this and am glad that you wish to do this I just don't want people having the idea or confusion that you are 3Diddly or that you are associated with him, Inspired yes but other wise no. So just saying this as you might have misunderstood ancienregimele and also me. So to be clear I have no idea if there is a game out there with the name I merely suggested but I merely suggested it as a way to get your own thread and have a name for the game to show that it is continuation of this game but from a different creator that is merely inspired by 3Diddly but in no way shape or form the same person, does this it make more sense this way ? Let me know what you think.

Deleted member 609064

May 11, 2018
My 2 cents, you have a lot to do with rebooting this project. Renaming it might be a 5th or 9th order task.

Get the assets, write the script, start building the game. You will get momentum to launch under any name if you do a good job.

Reactions: fbass and Sukebe_S
2.30 star(s) 3 Votes