• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

fidless

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2018
f95banner_105_8.png

Overview:
Wicked Rouge REFINE
is an interactive NSFW Adult Visual Novel & RPG Brothel Management Game in development and created by fidless & EvilFuzzy9.

The city of Hana is built on shattered dreams and broken hearts. It is a city of passion, a city of vice, and its pleasure houses are the finest in all the land. And after your father's death, you find yourself in charge of his failing establishment, once one of the most prestigious of those renowned pleasure houses.

Can you avenge your father's murder? Can you restore "The Red Petal" to its former glory? And can you navigate your way through the intrigues of the pleasure capital's underworld without falling into the clutches of temptation?

Only time will tell...

A tale of sex and revenge awaits you. Engage in torrid flings with beautiful heroines, recruit oiran to work in your pleasure house, and do everything you can to keep your girls from falling into enemy hands.

Developer: fidless - - -

Preview
1.png 2.png 2b.png 3.png 4.png 4b.png 2021-11-21T15-30-23-759Z.png 4c.png 5.png 6.png 6c.png 6g.png 6m.png 6p.png 6t.png 6z.png 7.png 2021-11-30T22-05-12-559Z.png 9.png 10.png 11.png

I'm happy to announce that with a collaboration with a writer "EvilFuzzy9", after lots and lots of hours of hard work, we're close to releasing my first game "Wicked Rouge" rework, renamed "Wicked Rouge REFINE".

The rework includes:
Higher-resolution game (more details!), custom 60fps animations (video format now!), new visuals to create environments that include hundreds of new objects imported by myself, and lots of retexturing. I fixed lots of previous issues with the engine and refined some of the gameplay mechanics to create a flawless experience and make further development easier.
Additionally, I'm collaborating with an experienced writer "EvilFuzzy9" who previously worked on "Tyrant Quest" game to create a quality story for your enjoyment. We already completed and implemented two chapters into the game and we are very close to the first release.
For everyone who enjoyed my past work, that means it's a similar pattern story, but it is also a total rewrite (new gaming and wanking... experience!). We are already around 50k words of the story at "release 1" ready to be published. I'm set to release "Wicked Rouge REFINE" in December. There are still a couple of things that need to be done (mostly gameplay-related mechanics) and tested.

Thanks for supporting, and I mean it in various ways not just financially. I'd like anyone who's interested in our project to join us in our . It's fun to talk with people who enjoy the game and it also motivates!

Hope you guys like playing it as much as we enjoyed working on this!​

Last edited:

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
If you are working with the person who wrote for Tyrant Quest, we can expect great things. That game had some amazing writing. Not a huge fan of management games, so I passed on Wicked Rogue, but maybe I'll give the rework a shot.

Reactions: fidless

fidless

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2018
If you are working with the person who wrote for Tyrant Quest, we can expect great things. That game had some amazing writing. Not a huge fan of management games, so I passed on Wicked Rogue, but maybe I'll give the rework a shot.
It's not an overly complex management game. There are a couple of things that can go wrong if you're not careful, but for the most part, it's pretty straightforward. My mindset is, first of all, it is a visual novel, after that, it's a simple but fun management game, plus some RPG for the story. I imagine difficulty will increase as the story progress (management difficulty with increased challenges and events), but if it's too hard, no one will force you to go through a story. Players will be able to take a pause to earn money, build a business or equip themselves with better armor/upgrades.

Last edited:

MarcoPoolo

Dec 22, 2019
wow, this is huge. Seeing all the technical upgrades from your original game makes me hyped.
I liked the story in WR already quite a lot and I hope that it doesnt just end up beeing drawn out in drawn out dialoges and such.
I wish you all the best for this very promising remake as judging from your work on your original game, you would've earned another hit a lot.

• Red Heart

Nitroxyde

Aug 15, 2020
I'm a bit confused. Will that... replace the current Wicked Rouge ?

If so that's... disappointing to me. As much as I respect the work that must have been put in the project, the visuals don't seem nearly as appealing to me, especially for the characters. Some have drastically changed visually, and really not for the better, at least in my opinion. Fudeyo being the most striking one. I liked how the original had very defining visuals for each character, here they all seem very similar and quite difficult to tell apart.

I'll still follow this and see where it goes since I think you made one of the best game that I can find on this website, but yeah... I'm still a bit puzzled.

I wish you good luck with this though.

fidless

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2018
wow, this is huge. Seeing all the technical upgrades from your original game makes me hyped.
I liked the story in WR already quite a lot and I hope that it doesnt just end up beeing drawn out in drawn out dialoges and such.
I wish you all the best for this very promising remake as judging from your work on your original game, you would've earned another hit a lot.
Ohh... don't worry about that. It's a big improvement in quality.

I'm a bit confused. Will that... replace the current Wicked Rouge ?

If so that's... disappointing to me. As much as I respect the work that must have been put in the project, the visuals don't seem nearly as appealing to me, especially for the characters. Some have drastically changed visually, and really not for the better, at least in my opinion. Fudeyo being the most striking one. I liked how the original had very defining visuals for each character, here they all seem very similar and quite difficult to tell apart.

I'll still follow this and see where it goes since I think you made one of the best game that I can find on this website, but yeah... I'm still a bit puzzled.

I wish you good luck with this though.
Thank you for your kind words, I hope you'll enjoy playing Refine as much or even more. I put a lot of work into improving new/old original environments, hopefully, once you try it out, you'll see it's for the better.

old
st_999940.png
new
bg_town_9998_n.png

As for Fudeyo, she was always supposed to be the epitome of ideal oiran (Oiran (花魁) was a specific category of high ranking courtesan in Japanese history).

Screenshot_11.png

I wanted to have that distinctive "Madam" feel to her, and her current design achieves it perfectly for me.

character_bio_fudeyo.png
character_bio_fudeyo2.png

Her style didn't fit her role being blonde and wearing a Chinese blue dress even though the setting of the story is a fictional Asian country. It was just out of place. But I can assure you, I'll be adding more oirans as side characters for gameplay purposes, possibly with more exotic looks.

Last edited:

Nitroxyde

Aug 15, 2020
Ohh... don't worry about that. It's a big improvement in quality.

Thank you for your kind words, I hope you'll enjoy playing Refine as much or even more. I put a lot of work into improving new/old original environments, hopefully, once you try it out, you'll see it's for the better.

old
View attachment 1512307
new
View attachment 1512309

As for Fudeyo, she was always supposed to be the epitome of ideal oiran (Oiran (花魁) was a specific category of high ranking courtesan in Japanese history).

View attachment 1512349

I wanted to have that distinctive "Madam" feel to her, and her current design achieves it perfectly for me.

View attachment 1512354
View attachment 1512355

Her style didn't fit her role being blonde and wearing a Chinese blue dress even though the setting of the story is a fictional Asian country. It was just out of place. But I can assure you, I'll be adding more oirans as side characters for gameplay purposes, possibly with more exotic looks.
I understand your reasoning. It's just always a bit hard to be attached to some characters and see them changed like that. Even if Fudeyo's appearance wasn't necessarily "fitting", it was still my favorite personally. But I understand that you want something more accurate for the era, even if the game's in a fictional universe still.
Same goes for Kisayo, I found her original appearance to fit really well with her personality. A striking beauty but with the amber eyes of a feline predator. Here I can't say this feel nearly as good, visually speaking.

I'm still excited to try it out and support in any way I can. I guess deep down I'm just a bit upset that the characters I cared about are just... gone, and replaced by ones that I find less appealing, both in style and also in model, even though I can't quite put my finger on what's bothering me with the models. Maybe it's a mix of lighting and skin color. The original models had a skin that felt smoother and more appealing to the eye, or to my eye at least.
I guess you tried something more realistic here, maybe. Can't say I'm a fan based on those pictures.

Still, good luck with the project and thanks for the clarification. (y)

fidless

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2018
Will there be any more 'manageable' girls than the original?
I reworked all formulas to easily support up to 32 oirans. How many we will use them, I cannot say for sure right now. I'd like to have at least 10 or 12 as a minimum working for the establishment and obtainable through events/side quests/main quests.
10-12 active which 6-8 able to work in the lobby during night services.
The rest would go to reserve.

Reactions: Gerwazy and KingKRP

SilentRunning

Feb 19, 2021
I can't wait to try this. The original was great. A real game. Hopefully the new game will also be a game. I really prefer games over VN and the original Wicked Rouge was much better than a mere VN.

Good luck with it. I can imagine the amount of complaining that will come from people that think you have wasted their time by redesigning your game will be epic. So that will also be entertaining.

SharkVampire

Sep 12, 2018
Same goes for Kisayo, I found her original appearance to fit really well with her personality. A striking beauty but with the amber eyes of a feline predator. Here I can't say this feel nearly as good, visually speaking.
Agree on this one. I know it's dev's decision about redesign, but I think he should at least leave some things like eyes and hair color as they were before. Still miss the times before Kisayo changed her relation status with the MC, it was much more hot, when she was his sister :(

Saka my second favorite character and while she doesn't changed that much, as Fideyo who originally was blonde that was giving her quite exotic look in medieval Japan, Saka's sister Yura changed a lot, as well. And I can't say I'm that enthusiastic about this changes. Maybe it something with facial expressions or angle of the screenshot, but you can compare them yourself on signatures above.

The custom animation it's probably the most good thing that I really hyped about in this refined version. I must confess, I'm a bit lost my interest in game because of standard HS animations. If he also expand gameplay mechanics that even more diversify the game, it will be really cool, since it's really hard to find interesting games (not simply vn's witch choices) in adult genre.

Well, I wish the dev good luck, as well and I will try the new version when it released. Also, I really hope that he change his mind about some redesign decisions, maybe will make a poll between his fans, if he didn't set his mind yet.

Jul 9, 2019
I appreciate the effort you're putting into both the interior and exterior environments. Seeing similar environments in many games quickly gets old. It's good to see a dev investing time and money into an often neglected aspect of adult games.

Along with all the other improvements, including bringing on an experienced writer, it seems you actually care about not just making a game, but making a good game, and you're not the type to churn out a half-assed, forgettable product and move on. I enjoyed the original game a lot and am looking forward to this new version.

• Red Heart

fidless

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2018
I appreciate the effort you're putting into both the interior and exterior environments. Seeing similar environments in many games quickly gets old. It's good to see a dev investing time and money into an often neglected aspect of adult games.

Along with all the other improvements, including bringing on an experienced writer, it seems you actually care about not just making a game, but making a good game, and you're not the type to churn out a half-assed, forgettable product and move on. I enjoyed the original game a lot and am looking forward to this new version.
Thank you! Yes, I did a lot of work for the environment as I do 90%+ porting to the engine myself with objects I buy from 3D stores like "cgtrader". It does add to the costs, but I can't be a chooser considering how few options for this type of setting there are (Asian buildings, furniture, etc). I'm also learning blender a little myself so I could make more specific objects myself, but obviously, modeling is a lot of work, and have to use other options most of the time to save time.
Just for the city background, I ported around 200+ building objects, fixing bumps, colors, upscaling low textures, etc.
It's a lot of work, but well worth the effort. :)

bg_town_9999_d.png
bg_town_9999_n.png

And yes, the writer is also making a good job. It's someone I know for a while now, so I know I can trust him.
Here's some snippet out of one scene with one of the "yandere" waifu.

Heavens above… I should know better than this. I know how fucked up Kisayo is. I know she’s a crazy, cold-blooded, manipulative bitch.

But I’ll be damned if she hasn’t grown into one fine woman.

Yaichi: Fuck… I hope you don’t think that this is…enough to persuade me to…

Yaichi: Guh… Shit! I mean… ngh… Just…

Yaichi: Just because you’re a little good at this, that doesn’t mean….

Her stroking quickens, and she simply smiles. She can read it in my eyes, and she can feel it in the surging of my loins. Whatever experience I’ve gained over the years, and whatever I know about her true nature, when she holds me like this and does me so tenderly…

Kisayo: How cute… Does it feel good, darling?

Kisayo: But if you want, I can make you feel even better…

Up and down, up and down, relentlessly she strokes her hand. Just tightly enough to make me feel it, just so tightly that it teeters on the threshold of painful, a pressure that drives me insane and a repetition that tears down my defenses.

Her fingers flick the tip of my erection, making me arch my back. Pleasure like wine clouds my reason, enticing me to succumb to these ravishing ministrations.

Kisayo: I can see you staring, dear. You want me. You want this body.

Last edited: