• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Why don't we have a tag for avoidable NTR

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
As was said before, this is not so easy for Tags such as NTR because what does NTR actually mean?
Likewise, what is a "big butt"? When do tits become "big"?
  • NTR [Designed to cause jealousy by having the romantic interest involved with someone other than the MC.]
  • Big Ass [Used when a characters bottom is disproportionately big.]
The problem some people have isn't really to understand what tags mean, but to know if they can avoid specific kinks that they deeply fear...

Which is what the optional tag system being implemented is aiming to improve.

Reactions: Andromodus

cat9876

Jan 23, 2018
"If they want to avoid cheating they are a wuss"
That's a pretty dumb mentality. Plus I for one enjoy games where I actively need to avoid ntr if I don't want it and having to scower the ntr tag for those specific games is a pain.
as i understand it, the more tag you add the higher the chance of collapsing the entire space time continuum, or something equally horrific. why else do you figure they don't just add a few more tags? adding a few more tags would save creators a lot of time having to write out detailed descriptions, and would reduce the countless number of threads like this one cluttering the site and demanding moderator attention.

other sites like svscomics have tons of tags for "ntr" like ntr, netorare, cuckold, cuckoldry, netori, avoidable ntr, and probably more, so obviously the creators of this site know that having more tags and less confusion is a good idea, they aren't stupid, but they dont add them, because its too dangerous. they go against logic and basic common sense to protect us all.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
[...] but you're showing your bias,
Oh, really ? Are you sure that it's not you who's totally blinded by your own bias, to the point that you're just making up a reality that will match your expectations ?

the other guy started it by insulting those that want a tag [...]
How fragile did on need to be, to feel insulted by a word... said on internet... by a total stranger... one and half years ago... to someone else ?
Could the answer be "as fragile as a snowflake" ?

Now, if you look at this from a none biased point, on one side you've one person saying "snowflake". And on the other side you've someone calling him degenerate with a disgusting shame kink...
Said other way, there's one who've been a bit disrespectful long ago, and one who's fully insulting right now while, like you, assuming without anything to back up his assumption.

Now if you like NTR, [...]
Well, the fact is that I do not like NTR...

It's not a secret, I said it a lot during my 6 years here. And I guess that, because people like you two exists, I'll have to say it a lot in the future too. But I also don't hate it, what make me a normal human being like 99% of the world.
But there's a thing I dislike more, way more, than NTR, it's full entitled idiots who want the world to be at their image. And it happen that there's way more of them among the NTR haters, than among near to all other categories of persons. But don't be fooled, it's not their lack of tolerance that bother me. I'm just annoyed that they achieve to be more arrogant than me.

This being said, thanks you for your contribution. Your full lack of understanding that life isn't a black or white situation, have been dully noted...

you never have any issues with the gay fandom which is surprising given how many can be a lot more entitled on more mainstream media.
Like you also not have the drama spread all day long by homophobic, what is even more surprising since they are supposed to be way more hateful than NTR haters...
But I guess that it's just laziness, and absolutely not your own personal bias regarding the subject, that made you forget that the opposite is as true, and to point to it.

obibobi

May 10, 2017
Oh, really ? Are you sure that it's not you who's totally blinded by your own bias, to the point that you're just making up a reality that will match your expectations ?
What a stupid thing to say when that could just as easily apply to yourself

I'll give you that the other was posted long ago, I've just noticed a basic pattern of some NTR troll or creepy fan shooting out insults, you only have to read back through the comments to see a few and then someone come in and claim, those NTR haters are the worst. Multiple times, it's an awfully specific pattern.

Also you're coming across as creepily aggressive over this, you clearly wrote your reply in anger, calm your tits.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
What a stupid thing to say when that could just as easily apply to yourself
You see, the clear difference between you and me, is that I asked myself that particular question before writing, just in case you were right. This while you didn't bother to question the accuracy of your reading, for both of your posts, convinced that you can't be wrong.

But well, don't hesitate a single second to explain how my opinion can be biased due to my liking for NTR when I don't like NTR...

Also you're coming across as creepily aggressive over this, you clearly wrote your reply in anger, calm your tits.
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: but silently, it would be a shame to awake you from your dream...

Jaike

Aug 24, 2020
That'd be the first tag specifically for avoidable stuff, so I doubt they'd put that in. And it's not planned.

I don't think it'd work too. There's the disagreement about what NTR or netorare means, but avoidable NTR is a very wide range from "you have to deliberately opt in for 10 seconds of cuckery" to "grindy and nearly impossible to avoid, for a no-sex path" to stuff just based on randomness. It can be better covered by a list.

Like you also not have the drama spread all day long by homophobic,
Funny about that, it's gone full circle.

Probably because Freud would not agree with LGBQ deliriums.

Freud has been a milestone in psychoanalysis.. new "theorists" want him CANCELLED!!

Apr 19, 2022
That'd be the first tag specifically for avoidable stuff, so I doubt they'd put that in. And it's not planned.

I don't think it'd work too. There's the disagreement about what NTR or netorare means, but avoidable NTR is a very wide range from "you have to deliberately opt in for 10 seconds of cuckery" to "grindy and nearly impossible to avoid, for a no-sex path" to stuff just based on randomness. It can be better covered by a list.

Funny about that, it's gone full circle.
" Additional features:

All tags will be able to be marked as 'optional/avoidable', and tags will also have an optional 'context' input, where uploaders and developers can provide any additional context for that tag, which will be shown to users when they hover over the tag on the content page. " This basically solved all the problems.

Reactions: Jaike

yewfella

Nov 24, 2022
For NTR specifically, there is a subgenre of games that have MC competing with some other male(s), with potential NTR if MC can't keep up or makes the wrong choices. Big Brother is the best-known example of this, also The Tyrant, Scars of Summer, Leane 2 and more. So there is a case to be made for adding the tag to such games.
Excellent point. This is precisely what avoidable NTR means to me.

I like avoidable NTR because it makes me consider my choices more carefully. It adds an element of danger and excitement to an otherwise kinetic novel.

Reactions: sonhot

hoshimota

Sep 18, 2023
The tagging system is unfortunately imperfect. I wish it were perfect but it would be a bitch to maintain and support. Also, as others have said, nuance comes into play.

I would love to have tags like NTR broken out into several variants so it is easier. There is a world of difference between NTR where the MC is being treated like a cuck versus NTR where the MC is just acting polyamorously, for example.

I hate those stupid ridiculous watermelon-sized boobs also, but again, nuance - where do you draw the line? For me anything bigger than a C cup is a turn-off. Others might say Ds are fine but agree that the watermelon "bigger than the bitch's fucking head" size is too big. Also, if that is just a couple of LIs it's not a deal breaker, but if most or all of the LIs have ridiculously huge tits I'm not interested. ....See how this would lead to a SHITLOAD of tags though?

Another really controversial one is chicks with dicks. Whether it's a trans person or a FUTA or whatever - personally I just have noooooo desire to see a girl with a pecker. Like at all. But there is a whole range - some games the main focus is on that kind of content. Some games have dudes getting raped by FUTA characters. Some games have guys fucking girls that have a penis. Some games have it kind of optional, like Loser where you cannot avoid seeing it sometimes but you can choose not to have the MC have sex with that character. And I am sure 500 million other variants. I am sure there are people out there who would like all of those options, there are people who very specifically only like some of those options, and there are people like me who like NONE of those options - so again, you would need a million fucking tags, and games would still be tagged wrong frequently, and the admins have other things to do besides police tags 24 hours a day.

The other issue is, if you let yourself fall too far down the rabbit hole of "OMG I AM ONLY EVER GOING TO PLAY A GAME THAT ONLY CONTAINS MY EXACT PREFERENCES 100%!" - then you will miss out on a FUCK TON of great games. I have played many great games that had fetishes that were not for me. Long Live the Princess is an AMAZING game. Personally, incest is gross as fuck to me. I just ended up kind of ignoring that aspect of it and pretended the chick in question was not the MC's sister. Also, that is only one part of the game. I would hate to have missed that game entirely, if I had just completely excluded any game with an incest tag from my consideration.

twinklecake

May 21, 2018
You literally just need to read the first page of any given NTR game to find out, since every single time someone asks and gets an answer, unless it's stated in the OP already.

Actually people will ask even if it's in the OP. It's an F95 tradition at this point. You wouldn't want to get rid of our beloved traditions, would you?

Saberöpst

Sep 3, 2017
So any path you can take that will make the game not include a tag that is included should have all of that as avoidably XYZ? So If I have a path that starts by a dead-end, then everything needs to be "avoidable"?