• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Why don't we have a tag for avoidable NTR

goonslagoon

Jun 25, 2021
Basically title, on most games I've seen with the NTR tag one of the most common questions are: "Is NTR avoidable?" why don't we just have a tag that says "avoidable NTR" or the like for games where their is an optional NTR route or bad NTR endings. I'd say it would do a lot more than many other tags currently used.
I mean I'm looking at similar threads here and 3/5 is asking if NTR is avoidable

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Basically title, on most games I've seen with the NTR tag one of the most common questions are: "Is NTR avoidable?" why don't we just have a tag that says "avoidable NTR" or the like for games where their is an optional NTR route or bad NTR endings. I'd say it would do a lot more than many other tags currently used.
I mean I'm looking at similar threads here and 3/5 is asking if NTR is avoidable
Because after "avoidable NTR" there would be incessant requests for more "avoidable" genre tags.

How about people who are that adverse to NTR just decide to play games that do not have an NTR tag? That doesn't seem that difficult. There's a shitton of games without NTR. There is no game on this site that is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo damn good that people who despise NTR need to ask for NTR to be avoidable so that they can play.

I am not a fan of NTR, but I'm not one to demonize it. If a game looks interesting, whether it has NTR or not, I'll review the OP and see what it has to offer. If the description says "avoidable NTR" and looks good, that's fine with me. If it looks like a good game and doesn't say that, I still will give it a go. If it's meh or looks like shit, I'm moving on to something else NTR or no-NTR.

It's pretty simple. Why make it so hard? If someone is that adverse to NTR - just use the NTR tag as a way to remove games from your options. Doing so saves headaches for themselves, the developers of games with NTR, and the fan base in the threads of those games.

goonslagoon

Jun 25, 2021
Because after "avoidable NTR" there would be incessant requests for more "avoidable" genre tags.

How about people who are that adverse to NTR just decide to play games that do not have an NTR tag? That doesn't seem that difficult. There's a shitton of games without NTR. There is no game on this site that is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo damn good that people who despise NTR need to ask for NTR to be avoidable so that they can play.

I am not a fan of NTR, but I'm not one to demonize it. If a game looks interesting, whether it has NTR or not, I'll review the OP and see what it has to offer. If the description says "avoidable NTR" and looks good, that's fine with me. If it looks like a good game and doesn't say that, I still will give it a go. If it's meh or looks like shit, I'm moving on to something else NTR or no-NTR.

It's pretty simple. Why make it so hard? If someone is that adverse to NTR - just use the NTR tag as a way to remove games from your options. Doing so saves headaches for themselves, the developers of games with NTR, and the fan base in the threads of those games.
I think the NTR one would be pretty useful, so many useless questions gone with one tag. The: is NTR avoidable question would be largely dead.
Also I don't think an "avoidable" genre of tags is so bad and would answer the same question, so I guess is: NTR, Futa/trans, Scat, and Gay questions would also be a thing of the past.
I largely brought this up because the creator of "Survival Guide" RazzyBerry said his rating were tanked on itch.io when he added the NTR tag here, optional NTR from what I get.
Also people ask the question because games like Power Vacuum, Babysitter, The Spellbook would be missed if they blocked out all games with the NTR tag

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
I think the NTR one would be pretty useful, so many useless questions gone with one tag. The: is NTR avoidable question would be largely dead.
Also I don't think an "avoidable" genre of tags is so bad and would answer the same question, so I guess is: NTR, Futa/trans, Scat, and Gay questions would also be a thing of the past.
I largely brought this up because the creator of "Survival Guide" RazzyBerry said his rating were tanked on itch.io when he added the NTR tag here, optional NTR from what I get.
Also people ask the question because games like Power Vacuum, Babysitter, The Spellbook would be missed if they blocked out all games with the NTR tag
I had a response here ... but I realized the longer I read your response that this would just be a circular argument.

Pretentious Goblin

Conversation Conqueror
Nov 3, 2017

For NTR specifically, there is a subgenre of games that have MC competing with some other male(s), with potential NTR if MC can't keep up or makes the wrong choices. Big Brother is the best-known example of this, also The Tyrant, Scars of Summer, Leane 2 and more. So there is a case to be made for adding the tag to such games.

Last edited:

E_O_N

Creator of Winter Warmth & Karma
Game Developer
Jan 31, 2021

I agree with the intent, as I understand it, „why is this such a big deal?“.
As a dev, we can add it in the description. But problems start right after, definition of ntr.
No one seems to have the same, even the site itself has it s own definition.

In my eyes the people losing the most currently are ntr fans. They get so many ntr games when searching for them, with basically no ntr in it.
Site admins and devs add the tag to make sure the thread stays clean, even though only by the weirdest subjective definitions it could be called ntr.

It s really a no win situation all around.

yihman1

Knockout Master
May 11, 2017
It would be a useful tag, but then there would need to be avoidable for every other kink tags.

baneini

Jun 28, 2017
I like the breakdown of the tags. Will there also be a minor tag section?
For tags that only make up a very small part of the game, e.g. only a minor character or just a short scene?
That whole thing seems like something mods arent gonna do and it falls to either the dev or players to figure out.

Does f95 have figures of which IP ranges talk about ntr the most, I'm guessing its americans.

cat9876

Jan 23, 2018
is there an issue with adding more tags? does it bog down the servers, or is it too overwhelming for people? i guess im on the side of "why not?"

"Because after "avoidable NTR" there would be incessant requests for more "avoidable" genre tags." ....sure, if people want an 'avoidable incest' tag, i say go for it.

Reactions: MonarchVolition

DiviDreamer

Aug 29, 2020
Yup, more tags will not solve the problem
why not just use simple key search to find what you need