May 20, 2017
I agree. Devs tend to drag out that one character to the point you don't even care by the time you can get them. There should be a limit to building suspense. Get them sooner, then get creative with the story to keep people interested
Same happened with Tracy in DOD. Great things were expected but the too much buildup killed that scene as it was just simple.

tizz

Apr 5, 2018
As always the Katie scene is the absolute highlight of the update :heartcoveredeyes:
I kinda feel bad for the rest of the crew, but the dynamic between MC and her is by the far the best, no contention for me. Wanda's and Zarah's submission were also super hot though. I love this game.

Couldn't see the score at the end of the update as I got two error screens, think I am not alone on that?
Also the waitress shuts you down (for now) no matter what you do?

Carlo S

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
May 20, 2017
Hi guys. For my first post ever i will share today's partial release of the 6th ep.

Get the word out because this game is probably the best or one the best out there! It is currently my only patronage
Thanks Brother, for the link, @CheekyGimp thanks again for the great game, and @blackmamba, thanks for the warning, with good Brothers, no one need anything else, and I've ;););) And I need to thank also @LeRescator and @figueira61, as I said I've great Brothers :cool::cool::cool:

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
This is definitely one of my fave games, and Katie is definitely one my fave characters.

However, I'm still concerned about the in-game pacing, and I wonder what would happen for the long run. We've had 6 episodes (8 updates?) but we're still pretty much on Day 3 (or 4?). It takes about 3 updates for 1 in-game day. I'm not complaining about the amount of content because there's TONS of content. I'm just wondering what the goal is, and how quickly we might get there in-game time wise.

For example, we've had quite a few things with Katie and the goal seems to be the party, but the party is only Day 4. I assume there's going to be more content after party, but it feels weird to have done so much while only still on Day 3. Same with Jenna who has been pretty much locked inside the room for years. Suddenly much more body positive after only 2 days.

So it feels we're moving really fast content-wise, but we're moving really slowly in-game time-wise. I really hope the dev can write new additional storyline for the existing characters (especially the main 3 Monica, Katie, Jenna) and not making new characters just to introduce new storyline. We also have quite a lot of side characters already. Zarah is probably a borderline main/side character, but there are also Katie's 2 friends, the coffee shop girl, the model agency receptionist, and Wanda. We'll also get Katie's rival too at the party. That's already 10 girls. I'd really prefer to have great storyline than too many thin storylines.

Still a super good game though.

Razielprince

Nov 4, 2017
Got these errors at the end:
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/Episode6.rpy", line 1813, in script
    centered "You can check your stats progress for Episode 6"
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 1692, in execute
    screen Ep6_button:
    screen Ep6_button:
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 1693, in execute
    if Ep6_Stats_Screen:
NameError: name 'Ep6_Stats_Screen' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/Episode6.rpy", line 1813, in script
    centered "You can check your stats progress for Episode 6"
  File "D:\NROP Games\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep6-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 652, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, interact=self.interact, *args, **kwargs)
  File "D:\NROP Games\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep6-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1180, in say
    who(what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "D:\NROP Games\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep6-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1016, in __call__
    self.do_display(who, what, cb_args=self.cb_args, **display_args)
  File "D:\NROP Games\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep6-pc\renpy\character.py", line 817, in do_display
    **display_args)
  File "D:\NROP Games\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep6-pc\renpy\character.py", line 566, in display_say
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='say', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "D:\NROP Games\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep6-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 287, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "D:\NROP Games\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep6-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2635, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "D:\NROP Games\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep6-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3019, in interact_core
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "D:\NROP Games\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep6-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 511, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback)
  File "D:\NROP Games\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep6-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 511, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback)
    d.visit_all(callback)
  File "D:\NROP Games\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep6-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 420, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "D:\NROP Games\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep6-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3019, in <lambda>
  File "D:\NROP Games\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep6-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 430, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "D:\NROP Games\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep6-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 611, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
    screen Ep6_button:
    screen Ep6_button:
    if Ep6_Stats_Screen:
  File "<screen language>", line 1693, in <module>

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.14.3.3347
Where The Heart Is Ep6
Fri Jul 27 16:36:04 2018
and this:
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/Episode6.rpy", line 1814, in script
    menu:
    screen Ep6_button:
    screen Ep6_button:
    if Ep6_Stats_Screen:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/Episode6.rpy", line 1814, in script
    menu:
  File "D:\NROP Games\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep6-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1531, in execute
    choice = renpy.exports.menu(choices, self.set)
  File "D:\NROP Games\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep6-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 874, in menu
    rv = renpy.store.menu(items)
  File "D:\NROP Games\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep6-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1061, in display_menu
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='menu', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "D:\NROP Games\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep6-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 287, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "D:\NROP Games\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep6-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2635, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "D:\NROP Games\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep6-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3019, in interact_core
    d.visit_all(callback)
    d.visit_all(callback)
    d.visit_all(callback)
  File "D:\NROP Games\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep6-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 420, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "D:\NROP Games\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep6-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3019, in <lambda>
  File "D:\NROP Games\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep6-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 430, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "D:\NROP Games\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep6-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 611, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
    screen Ep6_button:
    screen Ep6_button:
    if Ep6_Stats_Screen:
  File "<screen language>", line 1693, in <module>

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.14.3.3347
Where The Heart Is Ep6
Fri Jul 27 16:38:30 2018

D

Deleted member 780468

I'm new to this game. can anyone give me the full walkthrough of this game, please?

TIA

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
This is definitely one of my fave games, and Katie is definitely one my fave characters.

However, I'm still concerned about the in-game pacing, and I wonder what would happen for the long run. We've had 6 episodes (8 updates?) but we're still pretty much on Day 3 (or 4?). It takes about 3 updates for 1 in-game day. I'm not complaining about the amount of content because there's TONS of content. I'm just wondering what the goal is, and how quickly we might get there in-game time wise.

For example, we've had quite a few things with Katie and the goal seems to be the party, but the party is only Day 4. I assume there's going to be more content after party, but it feels weird to have done so much while only still on Day 3. Same with Jenna who has been pretty much locked inside the room for years. Suddenly much more body positive after only 2 days.

So it feels we're moving really fast content-wise, but we're moving really slowly in-game time-wise. I really hope the dev can write new additional storyline for the existing characters (especially the main 3 Monica, Katie, Jenna) and not making new characters just to introduce new storyline. We also have quite a lot of side characters already. Zarah is probably a borderline main/side character, but there are also Katie's 2 friends, the coffee shop girl, the model agency receptionist, and Wanda. We'll also get Katie's rival too at the party. That's already 10 girls. I'd really prefer to have great storyline than too many thin storylines.

Still a super good game though.

I actually kind of agree. I think the pacing content-wise seems alright, but if you look at the time that has passed AND the progression of things with the family, it does seem all happens a bit fast.

Maybe it wouldn't have been a bad idea to move some things to another day and make more days in general.
Not the content nor the size of the updates is wrong, it's just the timeline that seems a bit short.

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
I'm new to this game. can anyone give me the full walkthrough of this game, please?

TIA
The dev leaves the last episode out, because he wants us to try it on our own first, but if you run a thread specific search after walkthrough, you should find one.

Oh what the hell, I'm feeling generous today and did it for you, just remember sometimes running a search is a lot faster than asking the same question dozens have already asked.

Richard Perkins

Jul 15, 2017
The dev leaves the last episode out, because he wants us to try it on our own first, but if you run a thread specific search after walkthrough, you should find one.

Oh what the hell, I'm feeling generous today and did it for you, just remember sometimes running a search is a lot faster than asking the same question dozens have already asked.

This aint a complete walkthrough, you missed something, when the mc woke up in monica room after spending the night

gartal

Feb 9, 2018
Thanks for the game and i love it

i get these errors at the end of the game when it say's save the game

4.40 star(s) 321 Votes